Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2018, 02:24:24 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The end justifies the means  (Read 570 times)
rox04

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:58:51 AM

The “ends justifying the means” usually involves doing something wrong to achieve a positive end and justifying the wrongdoing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Kavallo

Activity: 350
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:12:23 PM

In the history of politics I cannot recall many politicians who didn't in one way or another apply this principle of Macchiavelli.

September11

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:33:20 AM

This is a phrase which is especially valid in politics, I think that in normal life one should act more morally.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
tsinelas

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:37:17 AM

How are you going to reason out this phrase "The end justifies the means" when it comes to giving. For example, you really desire to help but your means of helping those in need is ZERO as in nothing. So you rob someone of his money and give it to the one you are wishing to help with. The objective is good but we all know that stealing is wrong and is a sin. So what is your opinion on this please. Will you do the same or just won't do anything?
The end justify the means can also be compared to Karma. What ever you do to someone, comes back to you. Same with what goes around, comes around. Or on whatever you do, may it be for the goodness of another,

▄
                ▄███▄
               ▐█▀  █▌
               ██▄▄▄██▄
              ▐████████
              ▐███▀████
              ▐██▄  ███
            ▄▄▐████████ ▄
           ███▒███████▀███
           ████▀█████▀▐███
           █▀   ▄ ▀░▄   ▀█
                █   █
               ███████
             ▄▄██████▀▄██▄
     ▄▄▄   ▐████████▐██████   ▄▄
    █████▐██████████████████▒████▄
    █████████████████████████████▌
..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..
█████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ████████
                    ,▄▄
                  ╓██████,
                 '▀▀███████Ç
                     ▀▀██████▄
                        ╙██████▄,
                          ╓██████▌
                        ╓█████████▌╖
             ,╓╖@@@@╖╓,▓████▀  `▀███╖
           ╓╫▓▓▓▓╨▓▓▓▓▓@▒▀╜       ╙███
         ,╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖          ▐██
         ║▓▓▓▒▒'  ▓▓▒░▒▓▓▓▒          ╙▀█
       ░╫▓╜`     ╜╙╙▒╜▒▒▓▒
         `               ╙╙
       ,,▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
      ,▄███▌╙╫╬▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜"
     ▓████▀`   `````
     ╙██▌`
GOLDMA.ICO JULY12th,2018   ENDS OCT12th,2018..
Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper                  ▄███▌▄
              ▄▄██████████▄
             ██████▀ ▀▀█████▄
            ██████      █████▌
           ▄██████▄    ███████▄
           ▀██████████████████▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ▐▌    ▄▄    ▄▄    █
            █    ▀          ▄▀
             ▀█           ▄█
               █    ▄▄    ▀
                ▀▄      ▄▀
             ███▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▌
       ▄██▌  ███████▄▄██████▌  ▐█▄▄
      ████▌  █████▀▀  ▀█████▌  ▐████
     █████▌  ██████ ▀▀ ▐████▌  ▐█████
    ██████▌  ██████ ▐▀  ████▌  ▐█████▌
    ▀█████▌  █████▄▄  ▄█████▌  ▐█████▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
football998

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:00:51 AM

How are you going to reason out this phrase "The end justifies the means" when it comes to giving. For example, you really desire to help but your means of helping those in need is ZERO as in nothing. So you rob someone of his money and give it to the one you are wishing to help with. The objective is good but we all know that stealing is wrong and is a sin. So what is your opinion on this please. Will you do the same or just won't do anything?
No , i will not do the same , if someone needs money  but i don't have enough money , i will borrow money from my friends and give it to him .
if my friends don't have money , I think I would not do anything instead of doing bad things
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:28:34 AM

The stated example fits to the phrase "the justifies the means" but the problem is you stated the wrong phrase, it should be "the end does not justify the means. It is actually a basis of morality and there are 3 of them. The first is "do good, avoid evil", second one is "if confronted with two evils, choose the lesser evil and the last "the end does not justify the means". Np matter how good are our intentions maybe if the means or the act is wrong then it is always wrong.

[https://ubiatarplay.io/]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    UbiatarPlay    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█  Be EveryWhere With UbiatarPlay █
▬▬▬[/url]  Facebook   Whitepaper   Twitter  ▬▬▬
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:19:36 PM

The end justify the means can also be compared to Karma. What ever you do to someone, comes back to you. Same with what goes around, comes around. Or on whatever you do, may it be for the goodness of another,
I agree...our goal can justify the means, if it doesn't harm others...otherwise - we are responsible for it
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.