Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!  (Read 203076 times)
Rykoran

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:38:47 PM

Hello,

I’d like to see a little more clarification on the pricing structure. Let’s build a hypothetical situation where I purchase 10,000 WTT tokens.

These 10,000 WTT tokens get me 10kW of mining space and a power rate of 2.8¢ per kWh. If I dropped my own mining rigs in there, what would the additional cost be for Gigawatt to run and maintain my miners?  Your original post lists a 3.3¢ per kWh hosting fee for token owners. Assuming this includes power, that would imply Gigawatt is charging 0.5¢ per kWh for maintenance?

Now, getting a little more complicated, what sort of fees would be incurred if I had no mining rigs and wanted Gigawatt to find renters, fill my mining space, and manage it all for me?

Thank you for the information!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonomos (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 08:14:51 PM

This is useless lol, another scam cloud mining.. been mining at home since 2011 no issues
Home mining rarely allows expansion - household activity are normally limited by the available volume of electricity power. Typically it'd look like 3-5 Asic miners at the most.On top of that, the mining equipment is super noisy (which creates considerable discomfort for living quarters) and you would also have to constantly be taking care of it - stalling would lead to mining income loss. When equipment breaks down, you would need to send it into repair, thus once again, losing even more income. In Giga Watt, professionals are taking care of repairing and maintenance for you, right on spot. You can compare Giga Watt product with other mining options here: https://giga-watt.com/promo/compare

cryptonomos (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 03:07:57 AM

Hello,

I’d like to see a little more clarification on the pricing structure. Let’s build a hypothetical situation where I purchase 10,000 WTT tokens.

These 10,000 WTT tokens get me 10kW of mining space and a power rate of 2.8¢ per kWh. If I dropped my own mining rigs in there, what would the additional cost be for Gigawatt to run and maintain my miners?  Your original post lists a 3.3¢ per kWh hosting fee for token owners. Assuming this includes power, that would imply Gigawatt is charging 0.5¢ per kWh for maintenance?

Now, getting a little more complicated, what sort of fees would be incurred if I had no mining rigs and wanted Gigawatt to find renters, fill my mining space, and manage it all for me?

I'd be happy to clarify it for you Smiley

If you decide to drop your rigs in there, you would actually be getting reduced hosting fee, and you would also pay installation fee of $20 per Asic miner or $40 per GPU miner, depending on what you decide to send in. With WTT tokens, your rental fee drops to 0, and you would only be paying 3.3¢ per kWh, that is correct. Maintenance of 0.5¢ per kWh is already included in 3.3¢ price.

It's not so complicated actually, see for yourself using this calculator. With renting out 10,000 tokens to other miners, you could potentially earn anywhere from $3679.20 of annual rental income (assuming you picked 4.2¢/kW/h rental fee) to $5650.20 (that is with 6.45¢/kW/h rental fee). You decide which rental fee to pick. There will be dashboard, where you would be able to find miners with matching fees in your cabinet in Giga Watt's account. You wouldn't need to manage much, besides choosing what type of payout you would have (BTC, LTC, ETH) - just sit back and enjoy the ride Smiley

bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:04:29 AM

my god this is confusing, and i used to work with Dave.
cryptonomos (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 06:05:43 AM

my god this is confusing, and i used to work with Dave.

Where exactly are you confused?

sagicoin

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:15:09 AM

How do we know this won't be another disaster like paycoin?
cryptonomos (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 07:28:00 AM

How do we know this won't be another disaster like paycoin?

Giga Watt is a real life project created by David Carlson and his team. Giga Watt tokens offer the right to use the actual existing data processing facilities. Twice a month Giga Watt holds an Open House which you are welcome to attend and see with your own eyes that Giga Watt is a legitimate business. To sign up for our Open House go to https://cryptonomos.com/wtt/#openHouse.

cryptonomos (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 09:52:25 AM

WTT Token Launch has been also announced on Finance Magnates - check it out -  http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/bitcoin-mining-facility-giga-watt-launch-token-crowdsale/

bolivarcoin

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:09:13 AM

WTT Token Launch has been also announced on Finance Magnates - check it out -  http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/bitcoin-mining-facility-giga-watt-launch-token-crowdsale/

If finance magnates are interested on this coin, then this only means one thing, and that this coin will became top ten on the Coinmarketcap chart

cryptonomos (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 11:51:46 AM

If finance magnates are interested on this coin, then this only means one thing, and that this coin will became top ten on the Coinmarketcap chart
You are not buying a coin. You are buying a WTT token. WTT token is an Ethereum token representing the right to use the Giga Watt's facility's capacity, rent-free for 50 years, to accommodate 1 Watt's worth of mining equipment power consumption. Essentially, this is access to professional mining – with an extraordinarily low entrance threshold. In fact, it could be compared to membership in an elite private mining club.

DonApp

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:12:11 PM

Hello,

If you decide to drop your rigs in there, you would actually be getting reduced hosting fee, and you would also pay installation fee of $20 per Asic miner or $40 per GPU miner, depending on what you decide to send in. With WTT tokens, your rental fee drops to 0, and you would only be paying 3.3¢ per kWh, that is correct. Maintenance of 0.5¢ per kWh is already included in 3.3¢ price.

It's not so complicated actually, see for yourself using this calculator. With renting out 10,000 tokens to other miners, you could potentially earn anywhere from $3679.20 of annual rental income (assuming you picked 4.2¢/kW/h rental fee) to $5650.20 (that is with 6.45¢/kW/h rental fee). You decide which rental fee to pick. There will be dashboard, where you would be able to find miners with matching fees in your cabinet in Giga Watt's account. You wouldn't need to manage much, besides choosing what type of payout you would have (BTC, LTC, ETH) - just sit back and enjoy the ride Smiley

So to be clear; the WTT tokens will give me a space for putting my own equipment, and give a discount of the power price from 12.8 cents/kWh to 3.3 cents/kWh. But I still need to buy my own equipment. To put a BTC miner of 1500 watts there (of ~$1500), I will need to invest 1500 WTT tokens (= $1500) and still have to pay 3.3 cents/kWh.  The financial benefit of the WTT tokens I bought would be 12.8-3.3 = 9.5 cents/kWh, which means that it would take 1500/0.095 ~ `15000 hours, or 650 days to earn back the purchase price of the WTT tokens? This is besides the revenue of the mining of course....
cryptonomos (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 01:15:32 PM

Hello,

So to be clear; the WTT tokens will give me a space for putting my own equipment, and give a discount of the power price from 12.8 cents/kWh to 3.3 cents/kWh. But I still need to buy my own equipment. To put a BTC miner of 1500 watts there (of ~$1500), I will need to invest 1500 WTT tokens (= $1500) and still have to pay 3.3 cents/kWh.  The financial benefit of the WTT tokens I bought would be 12.8-3.3 = 9.5 cents/kWh, which means that it would take 1500/0.095 ~ `15000 hours, or 650 days to earn back the purchase price of the WTT tokens? This is besides the revenue of the mining of course....
Yes, you are right.

Bithertz

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:49:31 PM

How often you will pay to me? And how?
Rykoran

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:48:04 PM

Hello,

Thank you, I understand the pricing better now.

Now, if I were to rent out my tokens, I'd obviously want to select the highest rental fee possible. But Giga Watt will only have a limited number of customers in the higher hosting-fee tier. How will it be determined who gets to "host" the more profitable miners. Will token holders who want to rent their space have priority over Giga Watt? Who has priority between two token holders?

Thank you for taking the time to help us understand the different ways we can use the WTT tokens!
cryptonomos (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 05:23:03 PM

How often you will pay to me? And how?
Token rental fees and mining rewards are accrued daily.
Giga Watt's customers receive their mining rewards and their WTT token rental fees in BTC, ETH or LTC (rental fees are calculated based on the current exchange rate of BTC, ETH or LTC to USD). The funds can be transferred from your Giga Watt account to any external wallet in BTC/ETH/LTC at any time. In the future we intend to offer a wire transfer option for transfer of over USD 1,000.

cryptonomos (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 07:28:49 PM

Hello,

Now, if I were to rent out my tokens, I'd obviously want to select the highest rental fee possible. But Giga Watt will only have a limited number of customers in the higher hosting-fee tier. How will it be determined who gets to "host" the more profitable miners. Will token holders who want to rent their space have priority over Giga Watt? Who has priority between two token holders?

Thank you for taking the time to help us understand the different ways we can use the WTT tokens!

All tokens are the same - it has no priority for each other, it is secured by a smart contract. However, the  distribution of tokens takes place in order of priority.

loremipsum

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:43:05 PM

@Dev team - what do you plan to do with the unsold tokens - BURN?
Tokens are issued after sales - not purchased will not be released.

Can you clarify this please? What do you mean the unsold tokens won't be released? They will not be burnt? If they are not burnt, where will they be placed and who will own them? It will negatively impact the value of the tokens that are actually sold.

cryptonomos (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 09:22:57 PM

Hello,

I think I misread your answer a bit, sorry about that. The amount of tokens needed for a single miner equals its power consumption +10% on top, so let's say for PandaMiner it's 1250W+10% = 1375 WTT tokens. You would get your return on 10000 WTT tokens anywhere in between 2 and 3 years, that is correct, depending on the rental fee.

Rykoran

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

All tokens are the same - it has no priority for each other, it is secured by a smart contract. However, the  distribution of tokens takes place in order of priority.

I'm sorry, I must've phrased my question poorly. If I own tokens, but I want to rent that space out to other miners, you say I'll be able to select from 4 different rental rates and get matched up with a miner in Giga-Watt's account. Why would I ever select anything but the highest rate (6.45¢ per kWh)? I think the answer is that Giga-Watt only has a limited number of clients hosting hardware at the higher rate, so I might be forced to select a lower rental rate.

Let's say that, hypothetically, Giga-Watt only has one customer hosting mining rigs in the highest fee tier and these mining rigs total 10kW of power. If 2 people both own 10,000 WTT tokens and both want to rent that space out, which of them would rent to this miner for 6.45¢ per kWh and which would be forced to drop down a tier and rent to someone else at a lower rate? There must be a way to prioritize who gets to "host" the more profitable miners, right?

Thank you!
Donaldturp

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 09:40:57 PM

cryptonomos

No bounties?

Answer me please, you don't care about the messages!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: