Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:33:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!  (Read 203076 times)
raynman

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:17:56 PM

I have two questions regarding renting out WTT tokens.
Is there a virtual rental agreement where we can specify the duration of the agreement?
As the token owner, can I terminate the rental agreement anytime if I wanted to utilize the rented tokens for my own miner?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Giga-Watt Support

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:39:45 PM

Is there anyone from Giga-watt on this thread to give answers with respect to hosting your own equipment? Any details on the requirements of hosting your equipment?

The only requirements are "GPUs directly on the motherboard" style, in box, with fans.  NO RISER based rigs.
xdookiex

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:41:37 PM

When does Phase 2 pricing end?
and rate goes to $1.10?
Giga-Watt Support

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:50:38 PM

Alright...

Essential and legitimate questions being avoided, both here and via email. As much as I wanted to believe in the project and invest, I'm gonna be just out of this one.

GW team SHOULD be on that forum, and clarify points that need to be.

Pretty bad move in the era of the 1000 ICOs, wish you all the best nevertheless Smiley

We apologize for not responding as quick as possible, since this is a new company and due to high volume of inquiries, we are doing our best to keep up. With our team expanding, we are able to respond in a quicker manner. Support@giga-watt.com is best contact for any specific questions, but please feel free to ask any additional questions as needed.
Giga-Watt Support

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:53:08 PM

When does Phase 2 pricing end?
and rate goes to $1.10?

We are mid week into week 3, rates go up week 5. Please refer to the website https://cryptonomos.com/wtt/contacts for more information.
Giga-Watt Support

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 06:39:06 PM

Some of these are very good questions & not covered by the white paper. Myself along with many other potential investors would much appreciate someone from their team to answer them if possible Grin I have an invoice I am currently sitting on and quite willing to pay if these can be answered as best they can. It would be in their interest and also save copying this out many times to the many people very willing to ask these questions privately if not. Thanks

We apologize for the absence in response. As a new company and high volume of requests, we are expanding daily to keep up with these inquiries and also questions posted on forums. If you have a specified questions please email support@giga-wat.com  Thank you for your patience.
aycaramba

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:02:16 PM

Some of these are very good questions & not covered by the white paper. Myself along with many other potential investors would much appreciate someone from their team to answer them if possible Grin I have an invoice I am currently sitting on and quite willing to pay if these can be answered as best they can. It would be in their interest and also save copying this out many times to the many people very willing to ask these questions privately if not. Thanks

We apologize for the absence in response. As a new company and high volume of requests, we are expanding daily to keep up with these inquiries and also questions posted on forums. If you have a specified questions please email support@giga-wat.com  Thank you for your patience.

Great, gigawatt-support finally on board!

Please answer post #667, then we all profit from the answer instead of individually emailing you.
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:14:59 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2017, 08:04:05 PM by xcajun21

Is there a virtual rental agreement where we can specify the duration of the agreement?
As the token owner, can I terminate the rental agreement anytime if I wanted to utilize the rented tokens for my own miner?

I am 95% certain that Is not the case. I reckon there will be contracts on a period of time and with this goes a higher / or a lower fee.
Let me ask on telegram though

edit: "Vlad:
For now, there is not rental agreement in terms of time"
Giga-Watt Support

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:09:40 PM

Alright...

Essential and legitimate questions being avoided, both here and via email. As much as I wanted to believe in the project and invest, I'm gonna be just out of this one.

GW team SHOULD be on that forum, and clarify points that need to be.

Pretty bad move in the era of the 1000 ICOs, wish you all the best nevertheless Smiley

We apologize for the absent responses. We have a high volume in requests and questions and are trying to get to each as soon as possible. Our best way of contact is Support@giga-watt.com  We are expanding our company to include a better online support team to help with forums and other threads. Again, we apologize but please send any specific questions to the email listed above.
Giga-Watt Support

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 08:30:52 PM

which market we can trade it?

Please answer this question plus I wanna ask another question. Is it possible to buy mining equipments (hardware) with our WTT tokens?

Or WTT tokens are used only in energy consumption?

At this time we are only accepting Bitcoin and US wire transfer for currency to purchase equipment. For further WTT token questions please email support@cryptonomos.com  with specific questions.

Giga-Watt Support

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:04:16 PM

Dave, Cryptonomos Hello,

I am interested in buying tens to hundreds of thousands of WTT. At first I was quite excited with your idea but after careful examination I'm not so sure and I have some serious questions about your business model.

1. If space requirement for mining equipment doubles per 1W of power due to Moore's law in semiconductor manufacturing advances. Power consumption of chips drops down significantly with each generation. I have the following question.
For Example:
Currently some Mining GPU setup is taking 60x60x60 cm of space and consumes 1Kw/h of electricity.
In two years if equipment is upgraded to latest models that will require TWO GPU setups of 60x60x60 cm for the same 1Kw/h of electricity.

To meet your obligations to WTT token holders, Will Giga-Watt build new Giga-pods on a constant basis and allocate the additional space required for equipment upgrades on demand every couple of years for 50 years ?!?

2. Will Giga-Watt provide some storage to customers for spare parts for mining equipment that will wear out?
3. What about Network bandwidth? How much is provided with each 1W of power? Is there an option to buy more bandwidth?
4. What are the moisute levels in the area of the Giga-Watt pods? What is the effect on equipment from your experience? Is there rust after 1-2 years of operation?
5. You say you can meet customers custom demands. Why are you not providing your co-location customers the ability for remote access to their equipment hosted at your facilities?
Are your customers able to manage their hosted mining hardware themselves and have full control of it?
The equipment is managed by professionals with years of experience in mining.
They understand what is profitable to mine now, which pool is more profitable, etc.
They can quickly repair equipment.
We are in the same boat, the more profitable for you, the more profitable for Giga Watt.
So your technicians will decide what is profitable to mine on behalf of your customers and on their equipment? What is this??
You say repeatedly throughout the thread that customers can choose what coins they mine. Then you say exactly the opposite.

6. On the below comment you state there are not set up fees. But later in this thread you stated there is one time setup fee of $20 for aciscs and $40 for GPU rigs. Are there any other Hidden fees?
Otherwise i see no real difference to cloud mining.
First and foremost it is our transparency. Giga Watt's facility is a real-life tangible project which you can tour if you attend our Open House, which we hold twice a month. Giga Watt's customers own the specific equipment: They know their serial numbers and can see them on the shelves in the unit. Another advantage is that Giga Watt's customers purchase their equipment at cost, without any markup, pay zero setup fees and extremely low effective electricity and maintenance fees: just 2.8c и 0.5c per kW/h respectively.

7. Who are "retail customers"? Customers who buy full turnkey mining or WTT token holders?
From https://cryptonomos.com/wtt/faq
"Does Giga Watt only mine bitcoins?
Giga Watt mines all scalable cryptocurrencies: BTC, LTC, ETH/MONERO/ZCASH/DASH. The decision of what currency to mine is made by the customers who own the mining equipment. But at this stage it is technically impossible to offer all of these options to retail customers. Giga Watt is working on the solution, and hopefully in the future this option will be offered. At this point retail customers can mine only BTC, ETH, and LTC."

8. If you don't provide your customers with remote access to their equipment. How can your customers be sure you are not overclocking their equipment for  for 10-15% to your advantage (especially GPU setups) in expense of the lifetime of the equipment?
9. Cryptonomos. Who are you? What is your name? Would be nice to know who are we talking to. Are you a Cryptonomos or Giga-Watt employee? I you rather prefer to remain anonymous. Please ask Dave Carlson to answer these questions from his account here on BitcoinTalk.
10. What exactly is included in $0.5 cents maintenance fee? Which kind of work/procedures?
11. If I decide to power off my miners for a period of time. Will there be any charges? Since I paid for the rent for 50 year ahead can I store my miners there even if they are offline as how much as I need?

Unless you can provide satisfying answers to the above questions, Especially question 1 and 5. I will unfortunately have to pass on your business proposal.

The ability for me to fully control my hosted hardware via remote access is a "To be or not to be" type of issue.

Best Regards.

Due to the specifics of your questions, please refer these questions to Support@giga-watt.com.
aycaramba

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:40:05 PM

Dave, Cryptonomos Hello,

I am interested in buying tens to hundreds of thousands of WTT. At first I was quite excited with your idea but after careful examination I'm not so sure and I have some serious questions about your business model.

1. If space requirement for mining equipment doubles per 1W of power due to Moore's law in semiconductor manufacturing advances. Power consumption of chips drops down significantly with each generation. I have the following question.
For Example:
Currently some Mining GPU setup is taking 60x60x60 cm of space and consumes 1Kw/h of electricity.
In two years if equipment is upgraded to latest models that will require TWO GPU setups of 60x60x60 cm for the same 1Kw/h of electricity.

To meet your obligations to WTT token holders, Will Giga-Watt build new Giga-pods on a constant basis and allocate the additional space required for equipment upgrades on demand every couple of years for 50 years ?!?

2. Will Giga-Watt provide some storage to customers for spare parts for mining equipment that will wear out?
3. What about Network bandwidth? How much is provided with each 1W of power? Is there an option to buy more bandwidth?
4. What are the moisute levels in the area of the Giga-Watt pods? What is the effect on equipment from your experience? Is there rust after 1-2 years of operation?
5. You say you can meet customers custom demands. Why are you not providing your co-location customers the ability for remote access to their equipment hosted at your facilities?
Are your customers able to manage their hosted mining hardware themselves and have full control of it?
The equipment is managed by professionals with years of experience in mining.
They understand what is profitable to mine now, which pool is more profitable, etc.
They can quickly repair equipment.
We are in the same boat, the more profitable for you, the more profitable for Giga Watt.
So your technicians will decide what is profitable to mine on behalf of your customers and on their equipment? What is this??
You say repeatedly throughout the thread that customers can choose what coins they mine. Then you say exactly the opposite.

6. On the below comment you state there are not set up fees. But later in this thread you stated there is one time setup fee of $20 for aciscs and $40 for GPU rigs. Are there any other Hidden fees?
Otherwise i see no real difference to cloud mining.
First and foremost it is our transparency. Giga Watt's facility is a real-life tangible project which you can tour if you attend our Open House, which we hold twice a month. Giga Watt's customers own the specific equipment: They know their serial numbers and can see them on the shelves in the unit. Another advantage is that Giga Watt's customers purchase their equipment at cost, without any markup, pay zero setup fees and extremely low effective electricity and maintenance fees: just 2.8c и 0.5c per kW/h respectively.

7. Who are "retail customers"? Customers who buy full turnkey mining or WTT token holders?
From https://cryptonomos.com/wtt/faq
"Does Giga Watt only mine bitcoins?
Giga Watt mines all scalable cryptocurrencies: BTC, LTC, ETH/MONERO/ZCASH/DASH. The decision of what currency to mine is made by the customers who own the mining equipment. But at this stage it is technically impossible to offer all of these options to retail customers. Giga Watt is working on the solution, and hopefully in the future this option will be offered. At this point retail customers can mine only BTC, ETH, and LTC."

8. If you don't provide your customers with remote access to their equipment. How can your customers be sure you are not overclocking their equipment for  for 10-15% to your advantage (especially GPU setups) in expense of the lifetime of the equipment?
9. Cryptonomos. Who are you? What is your name? Would be nice to know who are we talking to. Are you a Cryptonomos or Giga-Watt employee? I you rather prefer to remain anonymous. Please ask Dave Carlson to answer these questions from his account here on BitcoinTalk.
10. What exactly is included in $0.5 cents maintenance fee? Which kind of work/procedures?
11. If I decide to power off my miners for a period of time. Will there be any charges? Since I paid for the rent for 50 year ahead can I store my miners there even if they are offline as how much as I need?

Unless you can provide satisfying answers to the above questions, Especially question 1 and 5. I will unfortunately have to pass on your business proposal.

The ability for me to fully control my hosted hardware via remote access is a "To be or not to be" type of issue.

Best Regards.

Due to the specifics of your questions, please refer these questions to Support@giga-watt.com.

NO! I have the same questions and many others likely too, so save your time and post your replies here!!!
jakeyourlilly

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:51:05 PM

you could always just email the GW support staff directly with your questions and share your findings here, of course. I had emailed them direct and found the responses to be very quick (same day) and helpful.
Mrbates

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:09:16 PM

I think it actually said in the whitepaper, that you as a token owner can cancel a loan at any time.

Mrbates

Activity: 546

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:09:37 PM

you could always just email the GW support staff directly with your questions and share your findings here, of course. I had emailed them direct and found the responses to be very quick (same day) and helpful.

it's too hard for people Sad

raynman

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:14:03 AM

I think it actually said in the whitepaper, that you as a token owner can cancel a loan at any time.
Thanks. That's good to hear because I would need my rented tokens to be un-rented when my L3+ arrives.  Grin
Albortz

Activity: 420

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:43:05 AM

Ok I done with this Shit...

I and others have posted easy questions that EVERY business should be able to answer, unless they are kids having a lemonade stand  Angry

Referring to your customer support via email is nice but for god sake you should reply in that case...

I have been waiting for a reply for ages now HERE and VIA EMAIL....

Very unprofessional.   

I WOULD ADVISE EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
KizaruOG

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:48:38 AM

This ico gets too little attention. Should have been to an end by now.

Hardware backed
Real use
Affordable mining.

Check.
Good luck to you. You will need it.

NO! I have the same questions and many others likely too, so save your time and post your replies here!!!

They won't, guess why?
vamos1

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:51:55 PM

WITH Giga Watt you will stop believing in luck and count on real use facts and defined plan. It's a token that gives you rental power for 50 years at world class costs. PEOPLE ARE INSANE FOR NOT JOINING THIS ICO. It's amazing.

Yeah, if its legit. The guys at giga watt are not saying anything, email to support gets nothing. You'd think they would reply if they want you to invest.
Giga-Watt Support

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:22:20 PM

Ok I done with this Shit...

I and others have posted easy questions that EVERY business should be able to answer, unless they are kids having a lemonade stand  Angry

Referring to your customer support via email is nice but for god sake you should reply in that case...

I have been waiting for a reply for ages now HERE and VIA EMAIL....

Very unprofessional.   

I WOULD ADVISE EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY

Is there a specific question you needed answered??  We apologize for the delay in response. We are currently building our online support team to be able to accommodate as many forums and online support as possible since there are numerous out there.  Please feel free to repost any questions you have or email support@giga-watt.com 

Thank you for your concern.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: