Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:46:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡⛏️[ANN] Giga Watt: Best Home for your Mining. Starts today!  (Read 203076 times)
Jason01

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

Hi everyone, do you think it's possible that one day a giga watt token will be at 100 USD or 1000 USD ?  Wink
So why it climbed up to 5 usd. When the 30M chips are issued, maybe the value will increase if people exchange them

Lol no way why would they. They are pegged to electricity prices and watts. The costs of electricity will not raise that the token build on it will be worth 100-1000 bucks.

Right now I am just not sure if you are serious or if that is a jocke Cheesy
So why it climbed up to 5 usd. When the 30M chips are issued, maybe the value will increase if people exchange them

You have a total amount of coins equal to a total amount of watt. Each token has a maximum lifetime of what? 50 years?

Every day that passes, the rest value of the token diminishes a little bit more. It's opportunity costs you need to use for calculation.

Sure idiots might trade them but at some point, driving the price up.

30.000.000 watts(token=watt) are 1500 antminre (more or less)

they safe you 18.000.000m Dollars per year (30k k/W x 50Dollar x 12 month)  for hosting fees  (this is the max amount you can save from hosting)

over 50 years that makes  900.000.000 dollars worth.

That means the token Value is 30 Dollar BUT only if you use them for 50 years straight. AND considering that you do not profit from paying exactly the value you would need to pay for hosting (if you had no coins at all) you will see lower prices for token (getting less every year)

That's why I say 1000 bucks for a token is unlikely.  Besides, to get even a glimpse of the Real Lofe Value of the token, they would need to actually operate your miners

The reason the price is increasing is due to the fact that mining locations are not available everywhere and most people do not want S9 in their basement because they did not expect the heat or noise. OR they ordered like a lot of people dozens of S9 without realizing they cant plug them to one circuit in their house lol

Agree there is a max value of the token. Still $30 is very high (include risks), will sell everything  Grin

If poeple invest they will look like 5 years invest at front and not 50 years, then roi is very low, depending how you vaue wtt after the periode. Still big investment for mining. So psychologici i think also around $5.

I understand your calculations. it is pure mathematics. However, I think that it is not completely correct because electricity prices have always increased and will always grow. Second point,  for example, the government may prohibit mining at home. There are various scenarios.
In March WTT tokens will be added on the next stock exchange. And whether we want it or not, people will make money from them, sell / buy.
The user's role of the token ended when you bought it at ICO.
Then you got the oportunity of getting a very low price of elektricity, of course, if you will not sell tokens, and Giga watt got money for build the construction what will allow you to cheap mining.
At this stage, every miner got his cheap tokens. constructions have been built and already exist. if you keep and never sell your token, you will save a lot of money on energy. however, if you will sell, then giga watt will earn more money.

you can ask: Why would the token be expensive?
Why are hundreds of other expensive tokens being useless?
for example: ZCL. I bought for 2$ a few months ago. I sold for 200$
Why prices explode?  Becouse the whole crypto market is one big speculation and greed is the nature of man.

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lay94

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:45:20 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 03:05:56 AM by Lay94

Why prices explode?  Becouse the whole crypto market is one big speculation and greed is the nature of man.

Newbies like Gigawatt so much... I remember they also loved ZeusMiner back in time. Guy was praising ZeusHash a day before they closed - because he felt like love them.

And Paycoins. I remember very similar words for Paycoin. It will grow forever - just because of ...

I withdrew my miners from there. They ship out - I can not deny, this works fine (so far?).

When they go bankrupt from the law suite (the owner already has experience going bankrupt - so he knows how to do this right Smiley   ), or anything else there in a pipeline - I will loose only coins.

I will try to sell them at EtherDelta...

Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:58:29 PM

Why prices explode?  Becouse the whole crypto market is one big speculation and greed is the nature of man.

Newbies like Gigawatt so much... I remember they also loved ZeusMiner back in time. Guy was praising ZeusHash a day before they closed - because he felt like love them.

And Paycoins. I remember very similar words for Paycoin. It will grow forever - just because of ...

I withdrew my miners from there. They ship out - I can not deny, this works fine (so far?).

When they go bankrupt from the law suite (the owner already has experience going bankrupt - so he knows how to do this right Smiley   ), or anything else there in a pipeline - I will loose only coins.

I will try to sell them at EtherDelta...

That's unfortunatly the way I'm starting to feel. I know this isn't paycoin or any scam near that level but I've seen enough to know that when something doens't look right it usually turns out to be a scam. They are selling miners for Jan and Feb Deployment but they haven't deployed older orders and won't be able to deploy those. Taking money from people and not being straight with them on the timeline for deployment is shady.
On the other hand a scam wouldn't have delays, because it's a scam they would just pump and dump. So it's really not fair to call them a scam, however they aren't being upfront with customers so I do worry about financial problems. For now I'm taking their word for it, having dealt with UL in the past it's not a fast process to put it nicely, and I don't know Washington State but it took me 5 months to get a permit to build a deck on my house in PA lol. So it's not time to call it a scam but it is time for more transparency from Giga Watt.
And people speculating on prices going to $100 are crazy, this isn't a pump and dump. It's the only utility token with an actual purpose and value but that value is capped. It's also real so even during selloffs WTT has real value behind it and it won't go down nearly as much and will payout more coins if renting and chase out miners with higher electricity costs lowering difficulty for those mining. So there's a limit to the upside but also to the downside of the price of WTT which makes it the only stable investment in cryptoland I know of, as long as they aren't having financial problems and blaming Underwriter Labs and local permits.
Has anyone that ordered a miner last year, say September to December, had it deployed?

Liquid71

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:02:42 PM

CNBS just recorder a video about GW town - Wenatchee   Grin

Why one small Washington town has seen so many bitcoin miners move in ?
- Low-cost electricity has brought dozens of bitcoin miners to the small town of Wenatchee, Washington.
- Cool temperatures also help keep the necessary servers at the right temperature.

A small town three hours east of Seattle is turning into the epicenter of bitcoin mining in the United States.

Wenatchee, Washington is home to a dozen of the largest bitcoin and cryptocurrency miners in the country. And the head of the local power utility, Steve Wright, says another 75 have inquired about coming here since the price of bitcoin surged in December.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/11/wenatchee-washington-and-the-bitcoin-gold-rush.html

I saw that live and was thinking it would be Dave and Giga Watt but instead some noob electrician. Dave has been through the downturns, CNBC really should have interviewed him if they wanted to understand the mining industry not just get a look at a mine to draw viewers. Pretty lame and disappointing but par for the course when it comes to mainstream media and Bitcoin.

Liquid71

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:18:56 PM

I wish I had the time I used to, but I can't find the answer anywhere so if it's been asked and answered sorry for cluttering the thread.

Are you able to rent out all of your tokens currently? I have it set to lowest rate and still only 61% rented out, and percentage only drops if I raise price. It's been like this for awhile now I just haven't had the time to look into it and thought they were just in the process of upgrading the facilities and deploying new miners ect. but it's been a few weeks. Anyone else having this issue and anyone know the reason?

Thanks

Jason01

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:53:27 AM

I wish I had the time I used to, but I can't find the answer anywhere so if it's been asked and answered sorry for cluttering the thread.

Are you able to rent out all of your tokens currently? I have it set to lowest rate and still only 61% rented out, and percentage only drops if I raise price. It's been like this for awhile now I just haven't had the time to look into it and thought they were just in the process of upgrading the facilities and deploying new miners ect. but it's been a few weeks. Anyone else having this issue and anyone know the reason?

Thanks

I currently rent 75% at the lowest price.
I think 100$ for one token is possible because people who speculate on the price are not interested in whether the token has any real value. With such a small number of tokens in circulation, it is extremely easy to get a high price.
And repeat again: For giga watt at this point, the token price is not important because their buildings have already been built. The company exists and earns money.
More customers without token = more profit.
At this moment, Giga watt looking for other purpose for miners to use it at different field (Cloud Gaming, Machine Learning, CGI Rendering)

CryptoPedro

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:22:48 PM

That's unfortunatly the way I'm starting to feel. I know this isn't paycoin or any scam near that level but I've seen enough to know that when something doens't look right it usually turns out to be a scam. They are selling miners for Jan and Feb Deployment but they haven't deployed older orders and won't be able to deploy those. Taking money from people and not being straight with them on the timeline for deployment is shady.
On the other hand a scam wouldn't have delays, because it's a scam they would just pump and dump. So it's really not fair to call them a scam, however they aren't being upfront with customers so I do worry about financial problems. For now I'm taking their word for it, having dealt with UL in the past it's not a fast process to put it nicely, and I don't know Washington State but it took me 5 months to get a permit to build a deck on my house in PA lol. So it's not time to call it a scam but it is time for more transparency from Giga Watt.
And people speculating on prices going to $100 are crazy, this isn't a pump and dump. It's the only utility token with an actual purpose and value but that value is capped. It's also real so even during selloffs WTT has real value behind it and it won't go down nearly as much and will payout more coins if renting and chase out miners with higher electricity costs lowering difficulty for those mining. So there's a limit to the upside but also to the downside of the price of WTT which makes it the only stable investment in cryptoland I know of, as long as they aren't having financial problems and blaming Underwriter Labs and local permits.
Has anyone that ordered a miner last year, say September to December, had it deployed?

I've bought batch 4 WTT and a PandaMiner in early July, a few days after their recent cutoff date for WTT release. My miner was supposed to be deployed in September. It is not yet deployed. More recently I bought WTT off EtherDelta and trnasfered it to my GigaWatt account, where at the lowest rate it is about 58-66% rented on average. I also bought two more miners in November that said December deployment. These are also still not deployed. I even emailed them mentioning that I have the WTT to back all of my miners and do not need to await the batch 4 token release. Support responded and said my two newest ones are delayed until late Jan/Feb but my Panda miner should be operational and they will check in to it. Haven't heard back from them in almost two weeks. Dashboard still says zero miners. I'm actually starting to worry....

-CryptoPete- ||  Musiconomi A New Music Economy That Works For Everyone || DISCUSSION
CryptoPedro

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 03:01:23 PM

Also, I just noticed that GigaWatt.sg is still selling miners today, in January, promising deployment in the December batch... wow that's both incredibly deceitful because those miners never did get deployed in December, even when bought in Oct/Nov and incredibly lazy that they haven't even taken 10 minutes to update their web page.

-CryptoPete- ||  Musiconomi A New Music Economy That Works For Everyone || DISCUSSION
chip1982

Activity: 204
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:09:07 PM

Also, I just noticed that GigaWatt.sg is still selling miners today, in January, promising deployment in the December batch... wow that's both incredibly deceitful because those miners never did get deployed in December, even when bought in Oct/Nov and incredibly lazy that they haven't even taken 10 minutes to update their web page.

So many talking trash in this thread.

They are not selling anything bevor February, checkout the Telegram channel.
Jason01

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:38:30 PM

In my opinion, most of the bad reviews are written to get a lower price of the token.
Liquid71

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:52:20 AM

I've bought batch 4 WTT and a PandaMiner in early July, a few days after their recent cutoff date for WTT release. My miner was supposed to be deployed in September. It is not yet deployed. More recently I bought WTT off EtherDelta and trnasfered it to my GigaWatt account, where at the lowest rate it is about 58-66% rented on average. I also bought two more miners in November that said December deployment. These are also still not deployed. I even emailed them mentioning that I have the WTT to back all of my miners and do not need to await the batch 4 token release. Support responded and said my two newest ones are delayed until late Jan/Feb but my Panda miner should be operational and they will check in to it. Haven't heard back from them in almost two weeks. Dashboard still says zero miners. I'm actually starting to worry....

Thank you, at least I'm not alone. There is good information on the problems and progress here: https://medium.com/gigawatt

However they shouldn't be accepting money for miners with January deployment when they have such a backlog. The January ones are even slightly cheaper than I paid for which was supposed to be deployed in October and they told me by March when I contacted them. They aren't a scam but, anyone else accepting money from customers promising delivery in January with no possible way to deliver it in that time frame, or delivering to them while earlier customers wait, would be a huge red flag to the point you really can't defend it. Problems and delays, okay shit happens, but stop selling miners with deployments in January and taking money from people if you know you can't deliver in January. And if they can why screw over earlier customers still waiting for deployment. This is such a promising project, and I understand delays, but I don't like seeing them accepting money from customers for miners promising a January deployment when I've been waiting since October.
I was told end of December, now late Feb early March, for what was supposed to be October deployment. I can live with that not happily but shit happens. There's no excuse to keep selling miners with Jan. deployment while others are waiting since September for deployment. Anyone buying now without knowing about the delays is getting screwed, or those of us waiting are, either way it's bad way to do business.

CryptoPedro

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:28:53 PM

In my opinion, most of the bad reviews are written to get a lower price of the token.

My comment was neither a review nor trash talking. I was stating what is literally on their public website. Visit their store page for yourself and see. They are still promising December for half of the miners listed.... https://www.gigawatt.sg/shop/

However, i guess it's worth noting that they are Out of Stock so you can no longer buy them at least

Jason01

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:55:20 PM

My comment was neither a review nor trash talking. I was stating what is literally on their public website. Visit their store page for yourself and see. They are still promising December for half of the miners listed.... https://www.gigawatt.sg/shop/

However, i guess it's worth noting that they are Out of Stock so you can no longer buy them at least

I think it's a coincidence. They will definitely remove it soon.
Giga watt is definitely not a scam.
The equipment ordered by people has propably arrived. I am sure that they used it for current clients who did not take part in ICO. I am also sure you will receive your equipment soon. for Example, It is obvious that if Mcafee came to them and offered a good price, they sold the equipment to him becouse GW would already be able to profit from the ready infrastructure.
Unfortunately, they did it at the expense of customers who took part in ICO because they could not lose them (payment was ready), but new customers will resign, if they heard that they have to wait a few months for the miners.
That was not fair play but all world is not fair play. I am sure everyone will have his miners becouse GW just made a trick for double profit.
that's obviously my logical reasoning. I can be wrong
chip1982

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:25:45 PM

My last L3+ miner was only down for three days from the start of my ticket till it was powered up again.

That is five times faster than before. Well done Giga Watt!   Grin

In November I waited two and a half weeks, to get an L3+ back running.

They are slowly improving. Only the deployment still sucks. Still waiting for a September Pandaminer......

Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:54:51 AM

It is windy out side. I still waiting on GW to deploy my miner, but it will come if i see posts and other channels. The wind is just a brishe before the storm. Cryptos gone be revauled i think and GW is a very good ship. Itsnot over rated like other (fintech) companys. Like 100 poeple working and  comany exchange value of 1 billion  Roll Eyes

We are going to regain lost crypto heist from past, in the GW ship.  Smiley Go GigaWatt! Redeem yourself  Wink

Hope SEC will make a understandable deal with GW and investers, or at leat clearity on investment boarders, for calculations.
a d i m u l

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:11:38 AM

Some of the successes in crypto have been in part because they were the first and sometimes only ones. Of course, the innovation in crypto is the best part.
Jason01

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:12:02 PM

Some of the successes in crypto have been in part because they were the first and sometimes only ones. Of course, the innovation in crypto is the best part.

I think, when the gigawatt tokens will enter on bigger exchange at march/april, the price will quickly grow to around 5-10 dollars
chip1982

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:18:02 PM

I think, when the gigawatt tokens will enter on bigger exchange at march/april, the price will quickly grow to around 5-10 dollars

March/April seem's very optimistic. Even if you count pods 3, 4 and 5 as already finished, there are still 13 pods to go. I wouldn't be disappointed if they hit the bigger exchanges in autumn.

thinktankideaists

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:59:16 PM

My last L3+ miner was only down for three days from the start of my ticket till it was powered up again.

They are slowly improving. Only the deployment still sucks. Still waiting for a September Pandaminer......

how much are your L3+ yielding a day (24 hours)??
chip1982

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:13:49 PM

how much are your L3+ yielding a day (24 hours)??

last 24 hours is 0.4778 LTC for seven L3+
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: