Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:27:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used in space?  (Read 9280 times)
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:53:45 AM

Bitcoin can use when connect in the internet network, but why think that strange? whether in the space already there life? better think how to legalize bitcoin and avoid bitcoin for illegal use.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:54:24 PM

Bitcoin can use when connect in the internet network, but why think that strange? whether in the space already there life? better think how to legalize bitcoin and avoid bitcoin for illegal use.
The question you raised is really making sense that in space there is no internet connection so we can not think that it could be useful over there  and as bitcoin currency is using in a lot of banks and in all areas of trading and for marketing purposes so watching all this I don’t think so bitcoin will loss its value and most of the countries are accepting it so soon it will be a legal currency. 
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:50:11 PM

Can not be used
Certainly because no space in the sky using bitcoin
Well technically it could be used. There are no places to spend bitcoin in space, that much is obvious, but that does not mean that it can not be used in space. One day bitcoin could be used any where, you can transfer bitcoins in offline mod, which mean you can pay where ever. So one day when Human kind become intergalactic race, bitcoin could be main currency Cheesy .

Theoretically, you can use it. But practically, mankind has not yet reached such a level of perfection that there was a need to use bitcoin. It is difficult for me to imagine a situation in which it will be necessary to use bitcoin or dollar in space
Yep, you are right about that, there is no point in using dollar or bitcoin in space for now. But i just wanted to say that technically it is possible to use bitcoin in space. Maybe one day when more people travel out in space, away from earth, maybe than people will start using money in space, and maybe they will use bitcoin. Tongue
hinatashoyou

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:55:28 PM

There are experiments to use the internet in outer space, even to mars, the experiment was done by spaceX, and succeeded, nothing is impossible, wherever we can use the internet, we can also use bitcoin
cantika

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:53:12 PM

yes if you can connect to internet in space,  its digital coin. Bitcoin can be used anywhere where there is connect to internet.
ozaeri

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:56:26 PM

There are experiments to use the internet in outer space, even to mars, the experiment was done by spaceX, and succeeded, nothing is impossible, wherever we can use the internet, we can also use bitcoin

Yeah location is unimportant only access to an internet connection. However I never heard about spacex testing internet in space, that is actually quite amazing considering the communication difficulties there would be.

► ► ►    TOR-Q-ALL   |   Blockchain Based Secure Mobile Calls and Internet    ◄ ◄ ◄
PRE-SALE / Nov 22nd
► ► ►        WHITEPAPER        TOKEN SALE        ANN THREAD        ◄ ◄ ◄
S4pta

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:36:23 PM

In my opinion at this time bitcoin can not be used in space but chances of futures bitcoin can be used in outer space

❍ Chatello ❍   ║   【JOIN  NOW】
Chatting with celebrities is now easy, fast, secure and private
  Twitter  Facebook
CODE200

Activity: 1414
Merit: 308

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:58:14 AM

As long as your gadget can access the internet so It can be but I think accessing bitcoin is the space is nonsense because you can't spend the bitcoin in the space, But you can just use it in the internet but overall the full potential of bitcoin can't maximize in the space.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:08:24 AM

Why do you want Bitcoin to be used in space? Are you an austronaut or what? I don't think you can use Bitcoin in space because there is nothing on it. There is no internet, no shops, and no Bitcoin. Maybe if you can hack the satellites.
NJB18

Activity: 663
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:28:10 AM

This made me laugh hard!  Grin

Here is the best thing about this bitcoin forum: the old idiom "sky is the limit" does not apply.  Grin Here we are trying to post something in reply to a question that goes beyond the sky and "throughout the solar system."  Grin

But the question here is situational so I think it has a little sense. Well, if we want to settle this once and for all, can you ask your astronaut friends up there to try transferring bitcoin?  Wink
blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:42:40 AM

The simple answer would be as long as there is an internet connection they can use bitcoin . And yes there is because astronauts can access it . What I don't know is how fast it is . You should search on google if you're interested, I'm sure google has it .

But right now NASA is working on highspeed internet on space . See here: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2017/nasa-taking-first-steps-toward-high-speed-space-internet . If money become necessary on space they might consider using bitcoin .

I would agree to this. with the growing technology I bet they can find and create satellites where it is possible to distribute blockchain data into the space. Internet is available in the space but like everyone said we dont know how fast or slow it is. Astronauts can use bitcoin and save it and use it when they return. theres no problem with that right. Just a thought

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 02:37:29 AM

Just curious, since the Internet is mostly an Earthly thing... would astronauts be able to access and transfer their Bitcoins whilst traveling throughout the solar system?
Astronauts depending upon their spaceship and location do have access to lightning speed internet from time to time, so they can use it.
wallstone

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:59:24 AM

Just curious, since the Internet is mostly an Earthly thing... would astronauts be able to access and transfer their Bitcoins whilst traveling throughout the solar system?

Well i think so astronauts do have access to the internet in space. I think the further out they go in space the more time it will take to do the transactions. Because of the time it takes the signals to travel. So sending a transaction from mars will take about 4 minutes to process.
Well, I think it’s not because there’s no internet in outer space.Hence, how they will the bitcoin without internet access. The main thing that you need if you want to use bitcoin is internet access.Futhermore, considered the location. However, I think in the near future they will invent new technology that can access internet in outer space.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:26:48 AM

I dont think astronauts will use bitcoin while there in the solar system. Because if you are space the connection is very limited only I think so did not use bitcoin while there in a space. I think bitcoin is for the whole world only that access internet connection. Because if you dont have internet connection you cant use bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
snowcrashed

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:08:48 AM

Bitcoin is an e-currency which is based on the Internet to work and we all know that in space, there's Internet connection so that yes, Bitcoin can be use in space as long as there is Internet connection and people who'is in there
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:20:09 AM

Bitcoin is an e-currency which is based on the Internet to work and we all know that in space, there's Internet connection so that yes, Bitcoin can be use in space as long as there is Internet connection and people who'is in there

What does BTC need to be used anywhere for that matter?? A computing machine and Internet, both are already in space so we can use BTC and many other crypto currencies. If there is a possible future where humans colonize Mars or other planets, BTC will definitely be used.
doomloop

Activity: 2268
Merit: 581

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:32:21 PM

Well i think so astronauts do have access to the internet in space. I think the further out they go in space the more time it will take to do the transactions. Because of the time it takes the signals to travel. So sending a transaction from mars will take about 4 minutes to process.
Well, I think it’s not because there’s no internet in outer space.Hence, how they will the bitcoin without internet access. The main thing that you need if you want to use bitcoin is internet access.Futhermore, considered the location. However, I think in the near future they will invent new technology that can access internet in outer space.
People now are searching for bitcoin and it is not so provided by the seller so the amount of Bitcoin is not enough for the people on earth so how can we send some Bitcoin to the space and yes all of us knows that Bitcoin is a digital currency and it must will meet some issues and also it need strong Internet connection which is not available at space now but now today a man is reached everywhere maybe in some particular condition we can get a chance to use Bitcoin even in space as well.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:43:09 PM

I am also just wandering will astronauts need bitcoin or other money in their travelling through the Universe?

Alright, let's consider that. You need money to purchase things, it's symbolic tokenized value.

What would you purchase in space, and from whom?

Another caveat. Money on Earth, fiat at least,  tends to be small pieces of paper or small disc of metal. Assuming we contacted intelligent life,  and for some odd reason they were itching at the bits to sell shit to a new alien race they has just met, what would they do with small pieces of paper and little pieces of metal?

Fiat is only a symbolic store of wealth, just like bitcoin. They have no real world functionality, bitcoin is even worse for this than fiat. Unless you are going to start a fire with a stack of tender, or plink dimes at children's heads at the park, money is only good for being money. Our money used to be made out of useful materials like gold and silveer, but meh Wink You can't manipulate specie like you can numbers in a database..

TLDR: The aliens won't be able to make change.
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:43:25 PM

Yes we could use bitcoin in space as long we have are own internet connection and why we need to use bitcoin in space if we cannot use our bitcoins there. We should focus outside the space not focusing in earning bitcoins. And the salary of a astronauts are much bigger than we earned through bitcoins.
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:48:46 PM

I think that is possible but not in this generation.Or if space stations that they were in has an internet connection(which do they have).Then if they have internet and some sort of pc or android phone then they can do transfer bitcoins from space

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print