Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:09:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be used in space?  (Read 9282 times)
Stromspirit

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:20:42 AM

The farther you travel the harder you access something,
Information, like everything else, will only be able to travel at the speed of light. So in the best scenario you are talking about an astronaut who can send Bitcoin from one country to another for a few minutes. For Mars it would be about 14 minutes ideally. I do not know what problems can cause the network if you are away from civilization.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mix max

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:26:13 AM

I'm not sure about that, even though in space there are internet and electricity networks who will use for bitcoin transactions? I think the astronauts are too busy with their astronomical duties.
Sandijoee

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:31:38 AM

if I think it could be because this bitcoin is not cash. If it has a strong connection to the internet then it is very likely that bitcoin can be used in outer space. There is actually no limit in using bitcoins as long as there is a strong connection for bitcoin transactions.
Angel Rios

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:44:15 AM

If there is internet available in space we can use bitcoin  because we need internet to connect with bitcoin. But I think we are too far from the question because bitcoin itself is not already available in many country and only the country which have internet connection can used bitcoin. Maybe in future after internet is reaching the space and many people is moving in out of space then bitcoin will spread in the space too.
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:50:02 AM

Just curious, since the Internet is mostly an Earthly thing... would astronauts be able to access and transfer their Bitcoins whilst traveling throughout the solar system?
Bitcoin could be used whereever there is an internet connection. Abd if yoy're thinking space stations haven't haf an internet connection, then think again. As a matter of fact, space stations up above the Earth has a higher internet speed than what we have here on the ground. This is essential since internet had been the most efficient and effective way for astronauts to communicate with tge control team here. And yes, since there is internet here astronauts could also use bitcoins and transact as well.
demonz666

Activity: 493
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:07:32 AM

Just curious, since the Internet is mostly an Earthly thing... would astronauts be able to access and transfer their Bitcoins whilst traveling throughout the solar system?

Astronauts are people who are very busy to look at Bitcoin and besides they earn a significant amount in fiat. Though if Bitcoin would be a huge trend and seen as a convenient way to store and secure their wealth then might as well they hop in. Since Bitcoin's complexity which requires the time, a little bit of time maybe to study how it works though we do know that they have much more complexity to study than this actually and they don't feel the need to learn it.
yes I really agree with you even though out of space astronauts can access bitcoin, because the astronauts are always connected with NASA via internet connectivity. but why they think about bitcoin. every astronaut sent out of space must have a specific mission that must be done or they are watching or studying celestial bodies. so I guess they will not have time to think about bitcoin.

Gatot84

Activity: 188

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:53:56 PM

Bitcoin can be used where there is internet and something connected and display output because you need the screen to see it. The space satellites must work on bitcoin networks maybe one day we can travel in space and use bitcoin all the time. Cool
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:15:14 AM

of course it can, you can use bitcoin every where and any where with 1 condition, there are any computer or smart phone also has the internet access to access your bitcoin wallet, with that requirements you can sending your bitcoin or receive bitcoin from anywhere and anytime

Kuchiyose

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:19:00 AM

of course it can, you can use bitcoin every where and any where with 1 condition, there are any computer or smart phone also has the internet access to access your bitcoin wallet, with that requirements you can sending your bitcoin or receive bitcoin from anywhere and anytime

If in space can use Bitcoin while in outer space does not have internet access. Is that something that might be used?
Hans17

Activity: 390
Merit: 157

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:38:57 AM

Well for my opinion yes it is , it can though through the sharing of signal though and remember that astronauts are connected via NASA internet , and NASA is the fastest internet on the world.

[

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Vanester2014

Activity: 236

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:39:33 AM

I think they can do use that because bitcoin transaction need enternet and astronouts do use enternet in outerspace by sending a message to earth. The question is what is the use of bitcoin inthe outer space since you cant buy a thing in outerspace.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Saiful Islam777

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:40:44 AM

Bitcoin is not a specific place to use, it is managed via the internet. Bitcoin customers can take advantage of them through mobile and leptop. Bitcoin is an online technology so it has no specific boundaries. Bitcoin is used anywhere.
blckhawk

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:50:58 AM

For me,  it is definitely no because my reasons are very typically valid. Like one,  there is no people in the other space simply there is no people who will use this kind of bitcoin in space. And next one is, in what certain space do you think that things in our world will survive there. There is no such thing will come out for that. Development will make things happen with certain reasons.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kakajones25

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:56:26 AM

So long as we are able to setup internet in space Bitcoin can be used there and I might be th first to set up "the space exchange".  Smiley
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:04:18 AM

Astronauts are people who are very busy to look at Bitcoin and besides they earn a significant amount in fiat. Though if Bitcoin would be a huge trend and seen as a convenient way to store and secure their wealth then might as well they hop in. Since Bitcoin's complexity which requires the time, a little bit of time maybe to study how it works though we do know that they have much more complexity to study than this actually and they don't feel the need to learn it.
yes I really agree with you even though out of space astronauts can access bitcoin, because the astronauts are always connected with NASA via internet connectivity. but why they think about bitcoin. every astronaut sent out of space must have a specific mission that must be done or they are watching or studying celestial bodies. so I guess they will not have time to think about bitcoin.
Yeah Bitcoin could be accessed everywhere, where internet and computer system is available. But I think there is no need for the scientists to take Bitcoin with them to NASA. There may be many things possible in the space but priorities makes them been done. I think Bitcoin is not in the priority list of the NASA scientists.
beami

Activity: 602

VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:12:36 AM

I do not think Bitcoin can be used in outer space. It's too hard to use Bitcoin in outer space. Because all over the country alone has not been fully legalized and allowed Bitcoin. Unless the whole world is really using Bitcoin as a daily life. I can trust Bitcoin can be used out of space.

Mikasa77

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:18:21 AM

For me no, because there is a specific technology that astronauts use to have a communications in the earth and there is people in tha NASA who can communicate to them, astronauts has a only line that they use to cammunicate in others, In think there is a limited internet connection that they use and it is only for the people in the NASA.

♦ UNIQUE GAMES ♦     Tower.bet     ♦   DAILY RACES   ♦
██   ██   ██   ██████████████████████████████████████████████   ██   ██   ██
$41,000+ Level Bonuses   ★   300 DOGE Signup Bonus
Artlee87

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:23:01 AM

As long as they have access to the internet they can use it
Mihail.B

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:25:21 AM

First you need a couple of shops to send to orbit)) Why do they use bitcoin in space? You don't know what else to improve on the use of crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  

Jump to: