Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:39:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting randomly logged out of Poloniex lately.  (Read 1201 times)
AdolfinWolf (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 09:28:17 AM

Hi. Lately i've experienced alot of issues with poloniex, I either get logged out after 15 minutes of signing in, while i am still busy clicking charts, or the server laggs.

Now i know everyone is having issues with the lag, but is anyone else also getting randomly logged out? Is there anything i can do to prevent this from happening?

It is getting quite annoying lately, Is this logging out "issue" also  due to the high influx of traffic?

Not sure if this is the right board for this question, but i couldn't find a more appropriate section.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
numanoid
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1148

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 09:50:56 AM

Finally i have found someone who have same problem like me. Not in everyday, but sometimes this is kinda annoying too.

Now i know everyone is having issues with the lag,
The lag was happened while STR (stellar) coin pumped up like crazy shit, but i didn't faced any lag on poloniex after that until now.

but is anyone else also getting randomly logged out?
YES! You are still "lucky" you are still able to sign in for 15 mins, while i getting randomly logged out just when i sign in and then annoying box appears and told me to sign in back again.

Is there anything i can do to prevent this from happening?
I want to know too how to prevent this. (But did you already tried clear the cache of your browser?)
AdolfinWolf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 10:17:53 AM

Finally i have found someone who have same problem like me. Not in everyday, but sometimes this is kinda annoying too.

Now i know everyone is having issues with the lag,
The lag was happened while STR (stellar) coin pumped up like crazy shit, but i didn't faced any lag on poloniex after that until now.

but is anyone else also getting randomly logged out?
YES! You are still "lucky" you are still able to sign in for 15 mins, while i getting randomly logged out just when i sign in and then annoying box appears and told me to sign in back again.

Is there anything i can do to prevent this from happening?
I want to know too how to prevent this. (But did you already tried clear the cache of your browser?)

I've tried using another browser, that didn't help much. I am now using a VPN on the browser, i am not getting logged out anymore, but the placing of buy and sell orders is still extremely frustrating, and slow.

The wheel for placing a buy order is spinning for like 1 minute, and i sometimes need to refresh and place it again because the order did not came through for some reason... Very annoying..

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 10:57:47 AM

your problem is honestly very weird!
usually you are logged out of these places when you are idle (although you say you were active, weird!), and there is usually a setting for that in settings that you can change the time of. i don't use polo so you have to look to see if it exists, turn it off it does.

also if nothing helped, try clearing your cookies, history and saved data,... and also make sure to scan your computer to see if you have any kind of malicious software, sometimes they can interfere with some stuff.

and in the end the only other option that comes to my mind is either switching to another exchange like bittrex or using a bot. you can only use it to set the trades, it is a pretty simple code to execute orders if you know anything about coding you can write one yourself too.

--looking for signature--
AdolfinWolf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 11:20:03 AM

your problem is honestly very weird!
usually you are logged out of these places when you are idle (although you say you were active, weird!), and there is usually a setting for that in settings that you can change the time of. i don't use polo so you have to look to see if it exists, turn it off it does.

also if nothing helped, try clearing your cookies, history and saved data,... and also make sure to scan your computer to see if you have any kind of malicious software, sometimes they can interfere with some stuff.

and in the end the only other option that comes to my mind is either switching to another exchange like bittrex or using a bot. you can only use it to set the trades, it is a pretty simple code to execute orders if you know anything about coding you can write one yourself too.

It has actually gotten far worse the last hour. I can barely load in order books, and i am unable to close my buy orders, open new buy orders, or make any sell orders.

It is all frozen for me. I see alot of people in the trollbox are having the same issue, but it also seems that some people are able to trade just fine.

Very weird.

I've done everything what the mods told me to, emptying my caches etcetera, but nothing has helped so far.

I really don't think it is a problem on my end..

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 12:14:55 PM

if the problem is indeed coming from poloniex itself then not much can be done. sadly they have been performing very badly in the past 2 years, and it gets worse whenever there is a pump or a dump going on when they get a lot of traffic, they always call it DDoS attack!

now i am thinking even using API (a bot) won't help you. but it is worth a try.

AdolfinWolf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:53:50 PM

if the problem is indeed coming from poloniex itself then not much can be done. sadly they have been performing very badly in the past 2 years, and it gets worse whenever there is a pump or a dump going on when they get a lot of traffic, they always call it DDoS attack!

Has it always been this bad? I've only noticed this large amount of lagg for the last couple days. It didn't used to be like this.

Already down ~7% today due to being unable to sell. It is so annoying..

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:56:28 PM

They have a notice up now that they're working on the issues that they've been having. It's under their announcements. Hopefully they will resolve your issue too, but it seems to be more focused on the lag. It's pretty vague though.
We are experiencing abnormally high traffic at this time. We are working hard at resolving these issues. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Posted by OldManKidd at 2017-05-08 20:49:58
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2017, 01:18:21 PM

Has it always been this bad? I've only noticed this large amount of lagg for the last couple days. It didn't used to be like this.

from what i have been seeing, people complain a lot about poloniex specially in times like this when there are a lot of traders using their website that their servers can not handle.

you can also check out their twitter account and see in the past they have been having same tweets (if they don't delete them). it says "we are experiencing down time", "we are under DDoS attack".

Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 01:22:22 PM

My account has receiving everyday an alert that someone log in my account on different IP. I don't know if someone already hacks my account or not. I always change my password but the notification still the same. One I'm confused is because my funds are still there .

AdolfinWolf (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 01:41:03 PM

from what i have been seeing, people complain a lot about poloniex specially in times like this when there are a lot of traders using their website that their servers can not handle.

you can also check out their twitter account and see in the past they have been having same tweets (if they don't delete them). it says "we are experiencing down time", "we are under DDoS attack".
Yep. It's really bad right now. I wanted to sell my STR at 2100, i couldn't now it is at 1800.. Not good.

My account has receiving everyday an alert that someone log in my account on different IP. I don't know if someone already hacks my account or not. I always change my password but the notification still the same. One I'm confused is because my funds are still there .

No. If you either use a vpn/proxy you will get this, but you will also get this if you use a dynamic IP, you might want to see if you have that..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: