Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:42:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: User Luke-Jr claims Litecoin is a "quick pump and dump scheme" on Wikipedia  (Read 8255 times)
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:11:12 PM

Who cares what anyone thinks... Bitcoin is gold 2.0 and Litecoin is silver.

skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:24:15 PM

Luke is right. The only reason people buy it is to make a profit off how volatile it is. Don't kid yourself in thinking it is as good as bitcoin. Think in terms of all of the COD clones, did they ever actually succeed in being the new popular game? No, because they brought nothing substantially new to the table. COD always won over the market, just like bitcoin does and will.
It's more stable than bitcoin at the moment  Roll Eyes

For a quick pump and dump scheme it also seems to go pretty slow in cryptocurrency measurements.

Luke-Jr is a christian fundamentalist, people with imaginary friends tend to hate things for no reasons at all, I'm not even try to guess why he has something against ltc. Maybe it was written Tongue

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:26:15 PM

Luke is right. The only reason people buy it is to make a profit off how volatile it is. Don't kid yourself in thinking it is as good as bitcoin. Think in terms of all of the COD clones, did they ever actually succeed in being the new popular game? No, because they brought nothing substantially new to the table. COD always won over the market, just like bitcoin does and will.
It's more stable than bitcoin at the moment  Roll Eyes

For a quick pump and dump scheme it also seems to go pretty slow in cryptocurrency measurements.

Luke-Jr is a christian fundamentalist, people with imaginary friends tend to hate things for no reasons at all, I'm not even try to guess why he has something against ltc. Maybe it was written Tongue

ltc is better than his alt coin, the first alt coin tonal coin

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:26:59 PM

Luke-Jr is a fundamentalist Christian. In my opinion, that makes him an idiot. The way he acts, in my opinion is distasteful. Because of this, I refuse to respect him.
He's spreading lies about litecoin all over the internet, calling it a scam.

Luke-Jr., the "aborted babies go to hell" wannabe Christian, has Josh's dick so deep up his arse it's not funny any more.

Of course he has to defame Litecoin. He is a paid BFL shill. If everyone starts mining Litecoins, BFL can pack up and go home ......
luke-jr is gay he and josh are lovers

ITT: ad hominem

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:29:36 PM

If Luke didn't engage in it himself, he most likely wouldn't be on the receiving end.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:32:30 PM

LTC will succeed. I do not believe Luke can stop it.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:50:51 PM

If Luke didn't engage in it himself, he most likely wouldn't be on the receiving end.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:07:36 PM

We can discuss Luke-Jr till the end of eternity but this will change nothing in his behavior. He does only what voices in his head say.
Walter Rothbard

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 04:46:05 PM

On wikipedia's discussion page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Litecoin#Should_a_pump_and_dump_scheme_really_get_a_wikipedia_page.3F

He's spreading lies opinions about litecoin all over the internet, calling it a scam.

FTFY.

I think Wikipedia has its own procedures in place to regulate its content.

Severian

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:46:28 PM

TQ is an excellent tool in academia and the courtroom. As a function of reality, not so much.
Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:59:08 PM

You all are going to burn in hell.....talking like that about god himself  Tongue

You'll find that a lot of the internet is atheist.

Me included.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:02:50 PM

The only thing that surprises me is that LukeJr has time to sit around arguing on a Wiki talk page instead of actively developing Bitcoin.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:16:00 PM

Luke-Jr may be right. Why not? Litecoin is quite similar to Bitcoin and brings nearly nothing new.

BitCoin - Money
LiteCoin - Photocopied paper
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:40:10 PM

Its unfortunate that someone so intelligent can be so... ah... Im searching for the right words here...ummmmmm....uhhh...... shortsighted.
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:46:27 PM

Luke-Jr may be right. Why not? Litecoin is quite similar to Bitcoin and brings nearly nothing new.

BitCoin - Money

Except ASIC resistance, faster confirmations, better security too, I hear. You're an idiot.

+ ASIC resistance: --> so what? You lose to ASIC guys. No problem. You are out, someone in. Nothing bad.
+ faster confirmations: --> more network activity and bandwidth. Do you know that?
+ better security: --> how do you know it? Have you ever hacked or exploited a vulnerability of BitCoin? Are you kidding?
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:10:04 PM

You all are going to burn in hell.....talking like that about god himself  Tongue

You'll find that a lot of the internet is atheist.

Me included.
Yep, and if I would believe I would say I'm an atheist, who wants to spend eternity in the cold on a cloud up there when you can partying with the cool people in a nice warm place.  Tongue

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:48:46 PM

BitCoin - Money

Except ASIC resistance, faster confirmations, better security too, I hear. You're an idiot.

+ ASIC resistance: --> so what? You lose to ASIC guys. No problem. You are out, someone in. Nothing bad.
+ faster confirmations: --> more network activity and bandwidth. Do you know that?
+ better security: --> how do you know it? Have you ever hacked or exploited a vulnerability of BitCoin? Are you kidding?

That, and there's no such thing as ASIC resistance, sure it will be somewhat less efficient (more expensive and complex to build), but still very possible and profitable, if any of these alt-coins ever get the valuation that bitcoin has now, ASIC's will be developed just as with bitcoin, probably even faster because we've all been there.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:40:44 AM

Why would Litecoin holders thank him? if anything he kept Litecoin from taking over, when Bitcoin hardforked. If the Bitcoin hardfork fiasco lasted a lot longer, Litecoin would have a chance to become the dominant currency.
Do you understand the word "if"?
He is the reason that you are still wealthy if any of you were smart enough to buy BTC at low prices!

Why should anyone thank him for being a selfish douche? (I'm not saying he is one but it seems like that's what's being reported here) He is invested in BTC and faced with the possibility of his investment going down the drain he unintentionally helped everyone else invested in BTC by trying to save his own ass (it would be hard for him to increase the value of his bitcoins while everyone elses bitcoins somehow decreased in value).

If he really is going around spreading lies about litecoin and such just to line his own pockets (at the expense of litecoin miners) he doesn't sound like much of a philanthropist deserving of thanks to me.

Would you say the same about Satoshi? Do you even know who Satoshi is? Do you know who luke-jr is?

an extremely good coder who happen to be a douchenozzle.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13088

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:11:50 AM

Agreed. I encourage people to mine LTC if it's profitable for them to do so, but it's sad that some people are actually investing in Litecoin. Litecoin and other near-exact Bitcoin clones have no chance of going anywhere, and it's a tragedy that people are spending time on them rather than Bitcoin or an altcoin that actually improves significantly on Bitcoin. There are so many interesting things that an altcoin could do, but people waste time on these tiny Bitcoin modifications...

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:20:04 AM

From reading his ludicrous claims on the Wikipedia talk page, this guy apparently knows as much about how Wikipedia works as he does about Litecoin.  That is, SFA.

As a cryptocurrency expert who has studied Litecoin's design, I consider myself to be a reliable source/reference. --Luke-Jr (talk) 16:22, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
I consider myself to be a reliable source/reference, Wikipedia doesn't operate in this manner (Wikipedia:No original research, Wikipedia:Expert_editors). Cliff12345 (talk) 17:13, 29 April 2013 (UTC)
"[15:44] <luke-jr> coblee: I don't pretend to know how scrypt works." (http://pastebin.com/7UCqiwk6 line 72, Log date: Fri Jul 27 2012) - It is a learning process for all of us, do not proclaim yourself an expert in the area you did not know anything about less then a year ago. CryptoDefender (talk) 22:01, 29 April 2013 (UTC)

What a total douchenozzle.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: