Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here to talk Litecoin  (Read 816 times)
warsnoopy (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:27:22 PM

Anyone here just want to say some general things about Litecoin?  I own some, traded my bitcoins into it and have made a nice profit so far.  Ive been reading lately about some guy named LukeJR who has been deleting wiki pages and trying to destroy the LTC system as a whole.  Guess thats all I have to say so far.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheFreeMarket

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:22:54 PM

Once any distributed system has enough backing it is going to be a struggle to break it from a computing power stand point, unless there is exploitable flaws in the code, of which pretty much all alt coins are based entirely on Bitcoin of which no one has successfully broken yet.
pacolg78

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 03:38:21 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 03:53:46 PM by pacolg78

Hi everybody,

I have setup a new Litecoin mining pool in spanish, to make some test, based on p2pool. I left here the url:

http://minandoltc.no-ip.org:9327/static/

If you want to mine in it:
  host: minandoltc.no-ip.org
  port: 9327
  user: Your litecoin address
  password: x

Thanks.
GhostDK

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:19:05 PM

He can't destroy litecoin now Smiley
TSpadez

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:20:23 PM

going to invest in some soon.
pimms4london

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:49:41 PM

Not interested in Litecoin. The "improvements" to BTC are minimal, and it dilutes and confuses the message of digital currency to the public.
nickha0

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:12:51 PM

I'm mining LTC to trade for BTC. I don't think as a currency it will be as stable or long-lasting as Bitcoin. Could be wrong though.
Kuzushi

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:15:36 PM

If you're GPU mining for bitcoins with the current difficulty, It may be more profitable to mine litecoins then convert them to bitcoins.
Prefinem

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:22:39 PM

I found I can mine Litecoins with a GPU at 1000th of the rate (130 MH/s to 130kH/s) but the exchange rate seems to be a little bit better for litecoin. 
solracx

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 11:46:07 PM

Anyone here just want to say some general things about Litecoin?  I own some, traded my bitcoins into it and have made a nice profit so far.  Ive been reading lately about some guy named LukeJR who has been deleting wiki pages and trying to destroy the LTC system as a whole.  Guess thats all I have to say so far.

LTC uses a different proof of work than BTC.  It uses one that has been designed to be prohibitively expensive to build an ASIC.

In fact, if you look at the charts, LTC exploded in the exact month and day when new ASIC miners got into the wild.  It has run almost 4000% since then.

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
tony_357

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:38:56 AM

RE: mine Litecoin and convert them to bitcoin ....

This is an intriguing concept ...

Where can I find graphs of the difficulty level of Litecoin?

Can I convert from Litecoin directly to Bitcoin?

Thanks,

Tony
MrSheep

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:47:17 AM

You can find some nice graphs at http://litecoinscout.com/static/ - have not used that much, but looks okay-ish.

You can convert LTC to BTC via an exchange for example.
Blueberry408

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

One American Sumbitch Which Love 8

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:54:55 AM

Don't know why I can't get to minelitecoin.com although its pool is still 'ceptin' shares. Seems like there was talk on the regular side of a stuck block or branch? Not exactly sure. There's only a dozen miners there, with less than a handful in the beaucoupsdollar eschelon.

I use an exchange to get litecoins to change into pieces of bitcoins, and then whip them over to Japan, where people pay us dollars for them, then send that to a stateside account where I can push it into my money market, which periodically gets slid over into CDs. Some people just hold them like investments.  I would have to see years worth of wavelet analyses and figure out the 24 hour trading day before attempting such risky behavior..

Feel free to send along any spare floating point remainders: 1CVTqVbqHTw35xGKfp4vmxggKdkMVwswtr
Lorren

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 07:12:41 AM

I started mining Litecoin on my laptop, while our two computers with decent GPUs mine BTC.  I also bought a little on BTC-e with a small amount of Bitcoin.  Figured that I might as well diversify.  I now wish that I would have gotten involved in BTC a couple of years ago when I first heard about it; don't really want to make the same mistake twice.

BitcoinLove Bitcoin products on Zazzle.
BTC:  1BaRWVFD927cfDcCfxn9vhJn2L6ZKKNSP1
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:14:05 AM

lukejr is a crazy and religious person. don't care about him

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:15:05 AM

Lukejr stands for Bitcoin cause he has a lot of money in it. Everybody do the same with a lot of Bitcoins (and with expensive asics, for example batch 3.). There is only one crypt blah blah...

I think its not ok. There is USD EUR AUD and so....

Never will be only one.

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
Prefinem

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:12:12 PM

Having one would be good for singularity and stability but having multiple allows people to diversify and not take as much risk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: