Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:33:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin recovery  (Read 1110 times)
Matt01061983 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:47:00 PM

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I discovered when trying to access my bitcoin wallet that I had misplaced both by seed phrase and password for the wallet.  Having saved bitcoin for over a year into this wallet you can imagine my dispair upon learning that without the seed phrase or password  I had effectively lost this money forever!

After struggling for weeks to find any hope of recovering my bitcoin, I was pointed in the direction of a person called Dave at http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com by a member on this forum.  Dave was a fantastic support throughout.   Not only did he successfully recover my password an enable me to access my bitcoin again but he gave proactive advice and support to me on how to transfer my coin and setup a secure new wallet once I had gained control of the lost wallet.  I couldn't recommend Dave enough to anyone struggling to recover their  wallets.  if you are dispair ad need someone trustworthy to help get in touch with him

Cheers
Matt
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 07:56:00 PM

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I discovered when trying to access my bitcoin wallet that I had misplaced both by seed phrase and password for the wallet.  Having saved bitcoin for over a year into this wallet you can imagine my dispair upon learning that without the seed phrase or password  I had effectively lost this money forever!

After struggling for weeks to find any hope of recovering my bitcoin, I was pointed in the direction of a person called Dave at http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com by a member on this forum.  Dave was a fantastic support throughout.   Not only did he successfully recover my password an enable me to access my bitcoin again but he gave proactive advice and support to me on how to transfer my coin and setup a secure new wallet once I had gained control of the lost wallet.  I couldn't recommend Dave enough to anyone struggling to recover their  wallets.  if you are dispair ad need someone trustworthy to help get in touch with him

Cheers
Matt
I am happy for you and your sucess with Dave. But you had a risk to meet just another one scammer who would just use you. All newbies have to be careful with their wallets and to have couple of places where login and password for wallet would be written to not face up the same problem as you Matt.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:19:25 PM

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Matt

Wow thats so cool to you but why do I have a feeling that you are both Dave and Matt at the same time because I really need to understand how you were able to recover because I could just go to Dave with any wallet id then tell him the same story then I steal the bitcoin that belong to someone else simply because you want me to patronise your service. If you are sure of the services, just tell Dave to create an announcement to offer his service then all questions will be directed at him to determine the legitimacy of his services.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:33:51 PM

First, I would you to know that I am happy for you that you recover your BTC even though you lost your password and seeds.  Now, is this some kind of marketing strategy?  An advertisement of some sort?  How could a service recover a password?  Did you send your locked wallet.dat.  It would be impossible for this site to recover the password unless you have sent him your file.  Anyway, if this is legit then probably the site will get lots of attention.
Matt01061983 (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:29:46 PM

Hi bitfinesse, 

No marketing strategy here i am just a new person to bitcoin that made a mistake in not properly storing my seed and password.  Newbies need to be so careful and because so many people are getting into bitcoin for the first time I'm sure that I'm not alone in making that mistake.

The reason posted is because of the integrity and trustworthiness Dave showed blew me away.  I had no option but to send my wallet file over and yes  Dave could have taken everything.  But he didn't.  I paid him a fee for recovering my wallet which we agreed on before I sent the wallet file.    As I said,  Dave even supported me with transferring the coin to a new wallet and advised how to make 100% secure.

I was that impressed I wanted to tell others who maybe in a similar position to me of his services

Thanks
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:10:05 PM

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Matt

Oh, wow, this is great. I didn't know that you could still recover your wallet even if you lost your seed phrase and password for it. Some people may say that I'm a Sr. Member here and I don't know that? And honestly speaking, I really don't know that you could do that. It is quite fascinating that you recovered your BTC and Dave sent it back to you. He could have just taken it away but instead he stuck with his promise. Learn your lesson and take care of your seed phrase, password and anything important related to your wallet.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 2907

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 11:11:03 PM

Who is dave here never heard that man here in forum since 2 years and until now..
Well such a good story what happen to your wallet.. and now you recover it with the support of dave?
I just notice that you share a link above and i think this is one of the way to get some backlinks. i am just thinking about that.. since i am doing seo and i am doing it in some other forum..
Well congrats that you got recover your wallet but honestly to me it is impossible to recover without the seeds  or wallet.dat password is just a third party inside of you wallet when you are sending bitcoin to other wallet it is asking for password but if you use the seeds and make new one the password will be gone unless if you recover your wallet with wallet.dat it contains a password of yours.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jherek

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:13:59 PM

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Matt

Amazing to hear about this... its awesome that you lucked upon someone who still has integrity but you need to be careful from now on.
id suggest writing you btc wallet password down on three to four different strips of paper and hiding each one in a different place in a regular part of your environment such as a crack in a wall of your home that has a specifically unique pattern that only you would thank is important and would prompt you too look. take that example and modify it to fit your needs by coming up with four different hiding spots that only you know of and it can't be with the example i gave.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:58:48 AM

Hi everyone,

Cheers
Matt

That situation happens to often and most commonly ends with whoever recommended "dave" actually being "Dave" followed by you finding out that this person is actually "NotDave or AntiTrueDave" and then they will recover your bitcoins for you immediately followed by making them dissapear like hoodini with a "poof" and then reappearing with a "swish" and a "durp" right dead center in the middle of there wallet and you cant do anything about it. so i doubt the recommendation is really a recommmendation lol.

BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:09:59 AM

Hi bitfinesse, 

No marketing strategy here i am just a new person to bitcoin that made a mistake in not properly storing my seed and password.  Newbies need to be so careful and because so many people are getting into bitcoin for the first time I'm sure that I'm not alone in making that mistake.

The reason posted is because of the integrity and trustworthiness Dave showed blew me away.  I had no option but to send my wallet file over and yes  Dave could have taken everything.  But he didn't.  I paid him a fee for recovering my wallet which we agreed on before I sent the wallet file.    As I said,  Dave even supported me with transferring the coin to a new wallet and advised how to make 100% secure.

I was that impressed I wanted to tell others who maybe in a similar position to me of his services

Thanks

I see, sorry for the previous reply, and if you really want to help dave with his service then convince him to create an announcement thread of his service in the Service Announcement thread  or offer a service in Service thread, once the thread is up, you can vouch for his service.  It is really rare to find a person like him, most people here will scam us the moment they saw an openning Cheesy  Lucky you got his service .
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:20:29 AM

Well, that s nice to hear, if this is true.

I m sure there are some great people inside our miraculous crypto economy.

Also, I d suggest you share advises about protecting your wallets Dave gave you so fewer people get into this unpleasant situation.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:33:34 AM

The seed phases/password/wallet file are nothing new as all are similar to our email password and other usual files. Hence I do believe there will be no need of any special services to recover our wallet. If we accidentally delete wallet files then file recovery tools will be doing what we all need.

Honestly I am not ready to believe the OP. In personal suggestion I like to warn and NOT to go for availing any such types of services. Use common methods to remember/recover wallet related stuff.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:45:30 AM

The seed phases/password/wallet file are nothing new as all are similar to our email password and other usual files. Hence I do believe there will be no need of any special services to recover our wallet. If we accidentally delete wallet files then file recovery tools will be doing what we all need.

Honestly I am not ready to believe the OP. In personal suggestion I like to warn and NOT to go for availing any such types of services. Use common methods to remember/recover wallet related stuff.

Too true, if you are handling your finances through bitcoins you should have done all the necessary precautions in handling it. If it's through a password or seed write it down and keep it super safe. That's the best thing you could do. If not, then risk losing it all. I wouldn't trust anyone with mine, I will just find a way to do it.
emmaangelina

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:57:37 PM

Hi i'm bitcoin miner i will help you to push tx fast , i'm gone include your tx in to block to get confirm fast Transaction acceleration Our service contact info : https://telegram.me/emmaanjelina
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:23:23 PM

It is good thing to know that your BTC got recovered with the help of dev. Happy for you. So this is kind of lesson to everyone that we must keeper private keys and passwords stored in safe place. Like we should copy it on 3-4 places I would suggest. With me same incidence happened but it was worse than this. I lost my keystone file related with myetherwallet. My wallet had around 640 CRB tokens which was recently at the top of every coin in the market. I had bought this CRB's at initial price of 3-4 cents. The coin had pump of 1.7 dollars when I lost my keystone file and I was not able to access my account (still it is locked). So with that much pump I now lost my 1300 dollars which are still out there. This is very disturbing stuff and since then I'm saving each and every password and keystone files to safe place. Thats lesson for me and you guys as well.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:56:46 PM

You are lucky that 1 of the developer help you to recover your passphrase that i think its impossible to me to see there are devs that can contact personally and giving legit service.. i was thinking that what wallet you used that you forgot the passphrase and seeds?

Hi i'm bitcoin miner i will help you to push tx fast , i'm gone include your tx in to block to get confirm fast Transaction acceleration Our service contact info :~url~

I think you are off-topic this is not a topic related to your concern..

It is good thing to know that your BTC got recovered with the help of dev. Happy for you. So this is kind of lesson to everyone that we must keeper private keys and passwords stored in safe place. Like we should copy it on 3-4 places I would suggest. With me same incidence happened but it was worse than this. I lost my keystone file related with myetherwallet. My wallet had around 640 CRB tokens which was recently at the top of every coin in the market. I had bought this CRB's at initial price of 3-4 cents. The coin had pump of 1.7 dollars when I lost my keystone file and I was not able to access my account (still it is locked). So with that much pump I now lost my 1300 dollars which are still out there. This is very disturbing stuff and since then I'm saving each and every password and keystone files to safe place. Thats lesson for me and you guys as well.
Well there are times that people forgot or they don't care about their passphrase or seeds because they are still new and i think they will learn after they experience it just like what happen to me before that actually i never recover back my bitcoin its not a big amount or small amount but i forgot almost all passphrase seeds and deleted the wallet.dat because i was new before i am just in trial but when i was stay long using it i forgot the passphrase and the seeds where i put them. now i realize getting backup is always important..

How many bruteforce attempts per second can dave recover service make. I read they have 100+ computer cluster and specialized program to perform decryption. Could they brute force random additional passphrase (25th word) to recovery seed?
Well if they had large number of Super PC they can bruteforce the passphrase fast..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: