Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:35:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinWisdom - Yet Another Live Mtgox market chart  (Read 7638 times)
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:02:44 PM

BitcoinWisdom is yet another live market chart. The goal is provide fast, accurate, valuable charts of Bitcoin Markets. Currently only support Mtgox BTC/USD.

Suggestion, bug report or any other feedback is welcome.

site url: http://bitcoinwisdom.com

Realtime Bitcoin/Litecoin Charts: BitcoinWisdom
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bittencoin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:51:44 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 05:07:05 PM by bittencoin

fantastic chart

The right side empty space area of the candle stick chart area could shrink down to 5-7 candle's widths.  Right now, it is about 10-11 candle's widths, which is a waste of screen real estate.  Viewing at fullscreen (1280px), it is about 10-11 candle sticks wide, but it takes up a much larger proportion in the chart when viewing in a reduced browser window.

Reducing that empty space would give room to expand the depth chart and the real time transaction log. As of now, the numbers in those areas appear to be squished together, making it difficult to track them.

The depth chart, I assume that the 3rd and 4th columns are the price markers and accumulated coin volumes.  They are confusing without a legend.

A way to highlight the bid/ask prices at the immediate edge (I don't know the term for it).  Most people analyze the bid/ask at the immediate edges.  Also make sure that the dollar unit is always showing at the immediate edges (ie if the immediate ask is 140.00, only the .00 is showing, causing people to miss the visual cue)

You need a logo and a favicon, and get a good designer.  They are invaluable branding tools.  For example, clarkmoody is very much the defacto chart now for me, his favicon is unique and it gives me a visual cue when I search in the bookmarks and gives his site the stickiness factor. Bitcoinity's favicon is bad, it is generic and forgettable. Don't use the bitcoin logo as favicon, it will not make your site stands out among the other millions bitcoin related sites.

Also create scrollbars for the bid/ask depth charts, the current depths are too limited.
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:11:58 PM

fantastic chart

The right side empty space area of the candle stick chart area could shrink down to 5-7 candle's widths.  Right now, it is about 10-11 candle's widths, which is a waste of screen real estate.  Viewing at fullscreen (1280px), it is about 10-11 candle sticks wide, but it takes up a much larger proportion in the chart when viewing in a reduced browser window.

Reducing that empty space would give room to expand the depth chart and the real time transaction log. As of now, the numbers in those areas appear to be squished together, making it difficult to track them.

The depth chart, I assume that the 3rd and 4th columns are the price markers and accumulated coin volumes.  They are confusing without a legend.

A way to highlight the bid/ask prices at the immediate edge (I don't know the term for it).  Most people analyze the bid/ask at the immediate edges.  Also make sure that the dollar unit is always showing at the immediate edges (ie if the immediate ask is 140.00, only the .00 is showing, causing people to miss the visual cue)

You need a logo and a favicon, and get a good designer.  They are invaluable branding tools.  For example, clarkmoody is very much the defacto chart now for me, his favicon gives me a visual cue when I search in the bookmarks and gives his site the stickiness factor.
Thank you for your great suggestion.
The empty space currently 10% width of the canvas, fixed width should be better. also I'm going to use visualized depth to replace current text depth at the right axis place, it would be more clearly.
3rd and 4th column of depth is the sum in that price area, eg 138 is the sum of 138.00 to 138.9999..., It is nessecary to add some hint to let user know it.
You're right, show the full price is important,  I will improve it at first.
About brand and favicon still haven't decided yet, Hope I could get a good one Smiley

jaminunit

Activity: 132
Merit: 14

Co-Founder of TheStandard.io & Vaultoro.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 10:43:20 PM

Love it.
great work.
I would love to be able to draw fibonacci sets and some basic drawing tools like lines.
If you did this you would get alot of people making videos using your graph which then advertises your website. This is really missing in the bitcoin chart world because its good for technical analysis.

Would also be good to have the price values on the right side because thats where all the current action is, but thats no biggy.

also be great to go to dark mode because looking at this bright screen for a while can hurt.

Oh and one last thing, it be great to be able to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel to Wink

But even without any thing else this its a really nice graph man!

AWESOME!
Cant wait to see what it develops into.

I've been a Bitcoiner since 2010, and currently working on TheStandard.io, a next-generation stablecoin, and lending protocol.
The Standard Protocol Announcement thread
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:50:44 PM

Yea could site. Just a few ideas

A dark theme as some people prefer it like me

A way to hide/show some of the graphs as some users dont like having certain graphs showing
doyourduty

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:20:05 AM

What EMA is each color line?
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:22:19 AM

Thank jaminunit and starsoccer9's suggestion.
I'm going to turn it to dark version and try move the axis right.
draw line on  maybe will be some later, but I think it will be supported.
mouse wheel my current desgin is quick switch the period instead of zoom in/out, change bar's width gap and axis-y range will be an option.

What EMA is each color line?
Main chart uses MA instead of EMA, MA 5, 10, 20 and 30.  I prefer EMA too, but most of Stock analyze shows MA as default, so I simple follow it. EMA will be and optional choice can be switched.
MACD use common settings 12, 26, 9.
Also shows info of those lines is nessecary too.

wamatt

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:50:36 PM

Very cool!
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:18:48 PM

I have started using your graphs a bit, as I like that you can see more at once, simply because it's pretty big. :-)
I like that you have added the dark version, as the white one was a bit to bright to look at for more than a minute or so.

Now to some requests:

1. I would like more timeframe options. Now it goes directly from 2 hrs to a full day. Not exactly sure what good timeframes would be, but maybee 4-6-12 hrs and also 3 days?
There are lots of space in the "timeframe section" of the page to put this in.

2. I would also like to be able to remove more or less everything from the page (ticker/depth) with only the graph showing in all its glory.:-)
This would also be great for printouts. I'm trying to teach myself a little about technical analysis, and then it would be nice with a nice printout to draw some lines on. It's not quite the same to draw lines in a paint-program. Smiley

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
doyourduty

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:33:27 AM

I too have been using your chart a lot!  It's kind of beautiful to just look at with all the colors on the 2hr and 1 hr times. I second the request to be able to see the chart alone in all its glory.

Also, thanks for the EMAs!
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:04:20 AM

1. I would like more timeframe options. Now it goes directly from 2 hrs to a full day. Not exactly sure what good timeframes would be, but maybee 4-6-12 hrs and also 3 days?
There are lots of space in the "timeframe section" of the page to put this in.
I'm going to add 4/8 or 6/12 hours and  3 days.  also shorten the text, 15 MINUTES will be 15m.  it will make the text a bit difficult to see and click but the period section won't be extream long.

2. I would also like to be able to remove more or less everything from the page (ticker/depth) with only the graph showing in all its glory.:-)
This would also be great for printouts. I'm trying to teach myself a little about technical analysis, and then it would be nice with a nice printout to draw some lines on. It's not quite the same to draw lines in a paint-program. Smiley
Hide tick/depth should be no problem, it will be supported next version.

I'm currently working on supporting Multi Currency EUR, GBP, AUD, JPY, will update them after it finished.

wamatt

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:23:24 AM

thanks for a great chart. btw on the EMA's might be nice to show a legend for which color means what?
Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:44:49 PM

I forgot to mention - It would also be nice to have the time shown in a proper way.
Now you gotta think twice to know if that 07.00xm is 07.00 or 19.00  Tongue

Or rather - It would be nice to have a 24hrs clock option Smiley

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:09:47 PM

I forgot to mention - It would also be nice to have the time shown in a proper way.
Now you gotta think twice to know if that 07.00xm is 07.00 or 19.00  Tongue

Or rather - It would be nice to have a 24hrs clock option Smiley
I prefer 12hrs and it is easier to read for me. maybe I watch classical clock more often than electronic clock and it is easier to know it's morning or afternoon. Also you could find 12hrs is used in popular stock charts, such as finance of Google and Yahoo.
It could be part of preferences in future to shows in 24hrs or 12hrs. now it will be still kept in 12hrs for some time.

eklass

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:43:47 AM

Thanks for the site, I use it often (constantly!)

I would love if the URL reflected the current options selected, to make bookmarking/sharing easier.
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:04:12 PM

Thanks for the site, I use it often (constantly!)

I would love if the URL reflected the current options selected, to make bookmarking/sharing easier.
It should be no problem, at least for now. in future there might be a few custom settings such as EMA, MACD parameter, layout of the windows, then have to save the options in another way to shorten the cookie and url.

tagada

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:14:02 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 11:25:02 AM by tagada

Thank you for what is certainly the best public chart out there!

Quick question: what do the 3 lines on the volume bars represent? 5-10 volume EMAs over the 20 or 30 volume SMA i suppose? sorry if this has been answered already but i couldn't find it in your help chart nor in this thread.
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:25:54 AM

Thank you for what is certainly the best public chart out there!

Quick question: what do the 3 lines on the volume bars represent? 5-10 volume EMAs over the 20 or 30 volume SMA i suppose? sorry if this has been answered already but i couldn't find it in your help chart nor in this thread.
volume is using MA 5 10 20.

wamatt

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:57:48 PM

Would be nice to see bitstamp support, given the growing importance of that exchange. Clark Moody does not offer this either.
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:46:22 PM

Fantastic website. Learned about today Smiley

I like to have the charts clean (only candles + volume indicator below). How do I get rid of MACD and those three lines on the volume indicator?
Abandon

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:56:16 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 08:16:28 PM by Abandon

It would be nice to see Fibonacci pivot points on this, none of the other market charts have this. It's a very useful indicator to see supports and resistances.

There's many different types of pivot points, I'm not sure what exactly is best for bitcoin.
riddler

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:43:06 PM

Nice plots.
Loozik

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:17:11 PM

BitcoinWisdom, I would love your website to avail trendline drawing.

But still your website rocks  Grin
JDDev

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 07:17:04 AM

Excellent work! Looks like one of the best bitcoin chart sites.
Nordstern

Activity: 108

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:26:07 AM

Thank you for your hard work!
I'd like to have Namecoin (NMC) too on BitcoinWisdom. Is it possible?
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:55:42 PM

This is the best web-based BTC charting software. Well done.

Now I have moved from MtGox to Bitstamp, a couple of questions...

Can more orderbook levels at the 50c price increments be shown?
Can more history be loaded up? 1 year would be great!

Loozik

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:29:20 PM

I seem to have accidentally (by a mouse movement) decreased the spacing between the bars and tightened the bars which resulted in condensing the chart (compared to default settings), which I like a lot.

Can someone advise me on how to repeat this feature in the future?
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 08:43:01 AM

I seem to have accidentally (by a mouse movement) decreased the spacing between the bars and tightened the bars which resulted in condensing the chart (compared to default settings), which I like a lot.

Mouse wheel will decrease/increase the bar size and spacing.

Loozik

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:02:43 PM

Mouse wheel will decrease/increase the bar size and spacing.

Many thanks  Smiley
Voodah

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:16:51 AM

My favorite chart site. Well done.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: