Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:58:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL continues to lie about shipping times  (Read 1459 times)
Syke (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:06:32 PM

http://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage/50-gh-s-bitcoin-miner.html

Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 2 months or more after order. All sales are final.

There is zero chance of any order placed today shipping in 2 months. In fact, I am so sure of that, that I'm prepared to make a double-or-nothing bet with BFL right now.

As soon as Inaba accepts this bet, I will place an order for 10x 50 GH/s Singles.

* If they are shipped within 2 months of the date the order is placed, I will send BFL the same number of bitcoins that I sent to place the order.
* If they are not shipped within 2 months of the date the order is placed, BFL send me the same number of bitcoins that I sent to place the order.

Fine print: I will post the txid of the bitcoin transfer for payment of the order as soon as it is placed. "shipped" means the product is shipped by a regular shipping company (USPS, UPS, FedEx, OnTrac) and a valid tracking number for that package is emailed to me. When I receive the package and verify the contents as the actual product expected I will send the bitcoins to BFL. If BFL loses the bet, they will send me the bitcoins within 3 business days of the end of the 2 months. Losing the bet does not mean my order is cancelled. I still expect to receive the product as originally ordered, win or lose.

If Inaba will not accept this bet, I demand that Inaba and all the other BFL accounts be tagged with "scammer" tags.

Buy & Hold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:10:22 PM

Dude, two months or more.

Weasel words, yes. But not a lie.
Syke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:50:00 PM

Dude, two months or more.

Weasel words, yes. But not a lie.

No, it's a lie. There is no chance they will ship in two months. Zero. None. To imply otherwise is deceitful and misleading. Simply put, a lie.

Buy & Hold
HighInBC

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:07:11 PM

Not really. "2 months or more" includes all times over 2 months even if they ship none in 2 months. That is what "or" means.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:27:46 PM

Not really. "2 months or more" includes all times over 2 months even if they ship none in 2 months. That is what "or" means.
might as well say "Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are shipped in 1 second or more"

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
HighInBC

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:05:28 PM

Yup, you understand.
Syke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:25:41 PM

A logically true statement can still be intentially deceiving, and thus a lie. Let me quote an authority for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie#Half-truth

A half-truth is a deceptive statement that includes some element of truth. The statement might be partly true, the statement may be totally true but only part of the whole truth, or it may utilize some deceptive element, such as improper punctuation, or double meaning, especially if the intent is to deceive, evade, blame or misrepresent the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie#Misleading_and_dissembling

A misleading statement is one where there is no outright lie, but still retains the purpose of getting someone to believe in an untruth. "Dissembling" likewise describes the presentation of facts in a way that is literally true, but intentionally misleading.

Buy & Hold
evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:27:52 PM

there is no lie...
they state 2months or more....if they ship in 10 years, its still correct to the statement...

The statement would only be false and thus a lie IF the shipped WITHIN the 2 months....

Id debate that the statement is evan deceptive or a half truth....
What they are saying is they will never ship within 2 months......
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:56:34 PM

Exactly.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Syke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:09:58 PM

there is no lie...
they state 2months or more....if they ship in 10 years, its still correct to the statement...

The statement would only be false and thus a lie IF the shipped WITHIN the 2 months....

Id debate that the statement is evan deceptive or a half truth....
What they are saying is they will never ship within 2 months......

If you want to analyze the actual words, look again:

delivery may take 2 months or more

Notice the word "may"? That implies that some orders will ship in under 2 months, otherwise the correct wording would be "will", or "at least". Zero orders will ship within 2 months, so the statement is a lie.

Buy & Hold
evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:58:12 AM

good point...still no lie...

they have effectivly said, they will ship then....nothing more, nothing less lol
Syke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:45:38 PM

http://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage/50-gh-s-bitcoin-miner.html

Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 2 months or more after order. All sales are final.

There is zero chance of any order placed today shipping in 2 months. In fact, I am so sure of that, that I'm prepared to make a double-or-nothing bet with BFL right now.

As soon as Inaba accepts this bet, I will place an order for 10x 50 GH/s Singles.

Wow, I'm sure glad Inaba didn't accept my bet. It's now over 4 months later, and they're still shipping Singles from orders placed over a year ago!

Buy & Hold
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: