Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:14:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Btcpop P2P Bitcoin Bank  (Read 1615 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dinoDevon (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:50:56 PM

Hello all,

I work with marketing team at Btcpop.co and I wanted to start an official thread for the website!

BTCtcpop, like the rest of the P2P Lending industry went through some tough times. But, since new ownership a year or so ago and L33 leaving, the site has been working legitimately and prospering. Users funds are safe and fully accounted for. All of Btcpop's systems have been rebuilt from the ground up by professional coders (no L33 coding remaining)

We are past 50,000k users and are set to do about 1000 Btc worth of P2P Loans, Bonds, Ipo's in just the last 2 months.

Btcpop's Altcoin exchange now hosts 100+ Altcoins and Btcpop even facilitates staking for POS coins and rewards depositors proportionately.

P2P Loan default rates are at all time lows thanks to experienced/cynical Btcpop community and collateral loans.

Check out our Blog at https://blog.btcpop.co/ ,and features https://blog.btcpop.co/featureguide/

Please continue this thread with questions or other things to share about Btcpop!

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:16:03 AM

And for who don't know btcpop, L33 means Lee Bartolomew, the previous owner/CEO of btcpop.....

Sorry DinoDevon, but only mention "L33" if you are not an old member of pop comunity, has no sense, if you don't know the past of pop..... Smiley

alkansalih

Activity: 182
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:50:37 PM

I can translate your website to Turkish if you want
dinoDevon (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:40:56 AM

Thanks Cesmak,

Yes I forget that a lot of potential new members would see a post like this and not know.
dinoDevon (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:48:24 AM

Cesmak, has the Burst pool been working for you? I too mine on btfg pool with Val but mine hasn't worked for the last 2 days
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:18:37 AM

Is there a chart or anything else that helps confirm the default rate? And what is the average interest rate earned? Had some fairly bad luck on other platforms (like BTCJam, due to mismanagement and rampant scamming).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
cesmak
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:50:58 AM

Cesmak, has the Burst pool been working for you? I too mine on btfg pool with Val but mine hasn't worked for the last 2 days

No pool down for hardware failure, Val reactivated today. Join us on Discord to have latest news : https://discord.gg/M3XsCdn

dinoDevon (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:13:35 PM

Is there a chart or anything else that helps confirm the default rate? And what is the average interest rate earned? Had some fairly bad luck on other platforms (like BTCJam, due to mismanagement and rampant scamming).

As its a Peer to Peer platform stats are going to be different for everyone. But Here is a picture of my account P2P stats for reference. /photos/iVtBHjgLHqgioo347]https://[Suspicious link removed]/photos/iVtBHjgLHqgioo347 and the one late investment I have for like $5 is backed by 80% collateral. So it is now possible for users to get really good return if they do it right.

Also the 2nd photo in that album is the stats for the risk free pool investments. So if you just want to deposit funds in there and earn interest/ withdraw any time that works as well.
dinoDevon (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:58:55 PM

Sorry about the statistics not working.

To answer your question regarding defaults.

Every lender will have different default rates. However, I know from general discussion as well as my participation to a varying degree of most all loans through the platform that people are paying back their loans. I learned how to P2P lend the hard way on Btcjam as well and lost 5+ Btc.

Btcpop has been much better. My old account has recovered to around -1% ROI and My new account is at like a +%5 and has lent out around 28 Btc and received 29.5 Back with interest this year. (that was the picture I was trying to share earlier)

But, in any case if you are still skeptical on P2P lending default rates Btcpop offers a interest bearing "Instant Pool Wallet" where you receive 5-15% interest risk free and you can withdraw your Bitcoin at any time.

https://blog.btcpop.co/2017/05/18/btcpops-risk-free-interest-bearing-bitcoin-wallet/

Please feel free to reach out with questions... You can see some of my other stats on various posts throughout the Btcpop Blog
quietbearcoin

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:56:09 AM

Devon... Please send me an email that I can reply to. Send it to "quietbear55@gmail.com"...
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:00:17 AM

Sorry about the statistics not working.

To answer your question regarding defaults.

Every lender will have different default rates. However, I know from general discussion as well as my participation to a varying degree of most all loans through the platform that people are paying back their loans. I learned how to P2P lend the hard way on Btcjam as well and lost 5+ Btc.

Btcpop has been much better. My old account has recovered to around -1% ROI and My new account is at like a +%5 and has lent out around 28 Btc and received 29.5 Back with interest this year. (that was the picture I was trying to share earlier)

But, in any case if you are still skeptical on P2P lending default rates Btcpop offers a interest bearing "Instant Pool Wallet" where you receive 5-15% interest risk free and you can withdraw your Bitcoin at any time.

https://blog.btcpop.co/2017/05/18/btcpops-risk-free-interest-bearing-bitcoin-wallet/

Please feel free to reach out with questions... You can see some of my other stats on various posts throughout the Btcpop Blog

There's no such thing as "risk-free." Even investing in a savings bond or FDIC-insured bank isn't risk-free. There is ALWAYS risk, and claiming otherwise is a lie. Anyways, don't have any free BTC to give it a go with (lending) but noting for the future.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Casimir1904

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:15:54 PM

There's no such thing as "risk-free." Even investing in a savings bond or FDIC-insured bank isn't risk-free. There is ALWAYS risk, and claiming otherwise is a lie. Anyways, don't have any free BTC to give it a go with (lending) but noting for the future.

The Instant pools pay interest whenever a borrower makes a payment on an Instant Loan.
The individual Limit is calculated based on Fees and Interest paid.
So yes there is a risk that btcpop loses money on instants but investors don't risk their principal or earned interest.
We keep improving the limit calculation to make them profitable for btcpop.

But lets say low risk instead of high risk where custom loans could have low to very high risk.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:18:06 AM

The Instant pools pay interest whenever a borrower makes a payment on an Instant Loan.
The individual Limit is calculated based on Fees and Interest paid.
So yes there is a risk that btcpop loses money on instants but investors don't risk their principal or earned interest.
We keep improving the limit calculation to make them profitable for btcpop.

But lets say low risk instead of high risk where custom loans could have low to very high risk.

Yeah, definitely agree with how you referred to it there (low-risk). What is the interest rate on the low-risk profile (the one where you say that it's, for all intents and purposes, guaranteed)? I saw "5-15%" but is that like APR or what?

Casimir1904

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:25:01 PM

Yeah, definitely agree with how you referred to it there (low-risk). What is the interest rate on the low-risk profile (the one where you say that it's, for all intents and purposes, guaranteed)? I saw "5-15%" but is that like APR or what?

At the moment the interest rate without compounding is about 10-11% APY but the higher it is the more users invest in their Instant account.
It depends on Total Invested vs. Total repaid instant loans.

Many investors use their Instant account to park idle coins and move them out if good custom loans/bonds are listed.
I suggest new investors to start with the Instant account and invest only returns in custom loans/bonds, that way you can't lose your principal and still get a feeling for the risk and chances on custom loans/bonds.
And you have funds available if 100%+ Collateral Loans/Bonds are listed. At the moment there a some Bonds in funding with 100%+ Collateral.
Still I would suggest to never invest more than 0.5% of your capital in a single loan/bond/user and thats the amount for the best category of loans and bonds.

dinoDevon (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:10:37 PM

Devon... Please send me an email that I can reply to. Send it to "quietbear55@gmail.com"...

Sent you an email! hopefully this one works
dinoDevon (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:06:17 PM

Check out Btcpop's Blog at https://blog.btcpop.co/ for more info!
rich0292

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 02:09:24 PM

Does BTCpop work exactly like Bitbond in that BTC is merely used to transfer value globally but it is instantly converted to fiat on the other end (if I'm lending), the interest is paid back in fiat and then transferred immediately back to me in BTC for re-lending?

This essentially makes it a global crowd fund platform that can ignore BTC volatility for the most part.

lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:58:41 AM

Does BTCpop work exactly like Bitbond in that BTC is merely used to transfer value globally but it is instantly converted to fiat on the other end (if I'm lending), the interest is paid back in fiat and then transferred immediately back to me in BTC for re-lending?

This essentially makes it a global crowd fund platform that can ignore BTC volatility for the most part.

Hi, I wanted to know this too. What collateral do you guys approve of? And what's the average interest rates for loans of maybe, paid within 30 days?

Experience from other borrowers from this forum is also highly appreciated.

Regards

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Casimir1904

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:31:10 PM

Most loans are BTC based.
USD tied loans doesn't fund easly because Investors want to grow their Bitcoin and mostly don't think in Fiat.
In the future we'll have loans in different currencies ( ETH,LTC,Bitcoin Cash,USDT,DASH,Monero  ).

Altcoins can be used as collateral and its investors who decide where they invest at what rates.
Shares ( on pop ) can be used also as collateral.

https://blog.btcpop.co/2017/04/28/how-to-get-your-first-bitcoin-loan/

NardoPolo

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:34:40 PM

Is there a way to see the staking deposits? My balance is increasing so I know it is happening, but is there a record of them to see?

Thank you!
cesmak
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

Is there a way to see the staking deposits? My balance is increasing so I know it is happening, but is there a record of them to see?

Thank you!

Left menu "Account" --> "Alt-statement"

Cheers

NardoPolo

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:26:57 AM

Thank you!

Cheers

Thank you so much!
hroub

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

BCH Wallet: 1PmR3k4cA4YVy7r7RVgYdSjnon2A1aJSLk

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 01:35:53 PM

Thank you!

Cheers

Thank you so much!

UPDATE: You can now also see your staking stats and Pop Global staking stats in: http://btcpop.co/Staking

Also, @crobo15 voluntarily posts tables with PoS coin APRs frequently in this forum thread: https://btcpop.co/forum/viewthread.php?id=1645

Dav7

Activity: 282
Merit: 104

Making Money Online since 2006

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 02:27:05 PM

How is BTCPOP doing these days?

hroub

Activity: 378
Merit: 107

BCH Wallet: 1PmR3k4cA4YVy7r7RVgYdSjnon2A1aJSLk

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 03:35:52 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 03:56:09 PM by hroub

Better an better!  Smiley

Cloud mining maintenance fees were recently reduced from $0.27 to $0.25 per day.
Owners of hashpower received bonuses according to their mining power because there was some extra coins accumulated by the cloud mining reserve.
Mining hash prices were reduced because BTC and BCH prices dropped as well as the market hash prices.
The other day there was a Russian hacker that managed to empty the hot wallet, which was quickly re-filled and a lot of users might not even know this because it didn't affect them in any way (Pop took full responsibility and covered the losses)
There are less scammers on Pop due to security measures and community hates them and calls them out... You should check it out!

Still no minimum BTC needed to sign up, look around, or chat

EDIT: $0.27 to $0.25 per day per TH/s. Now that sha256 hashes are sold in GH/s instead of TH/s, the fee is $0.00025 per GH/s per day

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: