Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017-05-12 btcmanager.com Blockchain called, it wants to borrow that outfit!  (Read 433 times)
Lorilikes (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Content| Press Releases | Articles | Strategy

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:54:43 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 05:59:22 AM by Lorilikes

https://btcmanager.com/blockchain-called-it-asked-to-borrow-that-outfit/

Blockchain Called: It Asked To Borrow That Outfit!

Lori BrownMay 12, 2017 13:54
Blockchain technology has made a warmly welcomed appearance in the fashion industry. A forward-thinking fashion leader, Martine Jarlgaard, is using the distributed ledger so that her clothing company will be accountable for the story behind the making of its garments.

The industry of fashion, while highly competitive, has always been an enabler of bad business, even if accidentally, because consumers have not previously been able to access the creation data for their purchased clothing. The story that leads to the final sale of a hot new pair of jeans has seldom been told, and Martine Jarlgaard initiated a change that will reshape the way we see and consume products coming from the fashion industry. Speaking to Forbes, the London-based designer said:

“When I think about our world and outsourcing now, we’ve gained a great distance to how things are made. We need to re-educate ourselves. Technology will be what helps to reconnect us to the people and the places involved, and that information will increase consumer expectations, which will put more pressure on the big companies.”

With this in mind, the London Fashion Designer has taken a bold leap into the future, by launching an initiative that uses blockchain technology; this technology provides a distributed record of events. A permanent and unchangeable chain, requiring confirmation of accuracy and truth from multiple, unrelated parties. The colliding worlds of the blockchain and fashion means the entire story will be told accurately from the farming of the fabrics contents, all the way through production of garments to the merchandising of the final product.

Martine Jarlgaard will implement the new technology with the help of their new alliance with technology experts at Provenance, and at the London College of Fashion's Innovation Agency.  A cleverly designed Provenance app will showcase the previously untold story behind the making of all new collections (this is fashionista talk for the new season’s batch of clothing garments). The app displays the history of the product from a British Alpaca Fashion farm through multiple steps all the way to Martine Jarlgaard, at the designer’s studio in London.

Each garment has a unique identifier that can be verified using the Provenance app, available on Android and iPhone. While such availability of data might seem like more information than is truly needed, Jarlgaard explains why it is important for consumers and manufacturers to pay attention to these details.

“Getting a window into this world – a world that until now has been a secret or seen as insignificant – is a really important thing. By having it as a possibility [for consumers] to access it, we’ll move further in the direction of having that as a standard expectation in the product. Full transparency and traceability becomes a stamp of approval allowing consumers to make informed choices with no extra effort.”

Matthew Drinkwater, who runs the Fashion Innovation Agency at London College of Fashion added, “What we’re looking to create is a new protocol and standard for giving consumers confidence in what they’re buying. The fact that this is blockchain verified will mean it’s a product that they can believe in. That’s where there should be a movement towards, and as the technology evolves, we’ll see the final part of the process become even more transparent and visible for consumers.”

The Copenhagen Fashion Summit introduced the concept on May 11 with a collection named “Fragile; A State of Emergency” from Martine Jarlgaard. Using only their smartphones, consumers were able to scan a QR code or NFC label on any new Martine Jarlgaard garment to access the Provenance website easily and see the historically verified life and travels of the individual garment they have in their hand.

From a business perspective blockchain technology usually means more profit. Regarding costs, distributed ledger technology increases the stability of the chain of supply, and will ultimately reduce the amount of product waste that is usually figured into future profit projections for companies like the clothing design company of Martine Jarlgaard. The permanent and unchangeable blockchain makes errors in production crystal clear and therefore will eliminate the repeated mistake swiftly. However, greed is not a motivator for the London designer.

“We want to strengthen consumers’ connections to a product, so they don’t see them as so disposable.”

With every partner in the supply chain able to show off their work, consumers will be able to uncover a ‘story’ behind the products they buy and raise their expectations that they will always be able to do so, in effect, forcing the fashion industry’s hand to become more accountable.

Ask Me About Press Releases and Content Creation
★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃★

★▃ ▂⭐️⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨
✨★▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 01:43:15 PM

I didn't visit this article to comment on the story.

Your title formatting is odd. We don't need the domain name, and then a link containing the domain name in the title. It makes people not really want to see what its about, since most URLs won't fit in the title space easily.

Maybe just name the title instead of doing a cut-n-paste rush job.

Thanks...

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Lorilikes (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 12:49:21 AM

I didn't visit this article to comment on the story.

Your title formatting is odd. We don't need the domain name, and then a link containing the domain name in the title. It makes people not really want to see what its about, since most URLs won't fit in the title space easily.

Maybe just name the title instead of doing a cut-n-paste rush job.

Thanks...

Ok, that is a useful critique and I will defitinitely take your advice.
* Correct title has been subbed in! 

I admit, while posting it I hit the post button why my 10 year old was tugging on my arm and my dog was asking to go outside, and the oven was beeping.  I should perhaps s-l-o-w it down if I want people to actually read the articles I write.! Smiley

★▃ ▂⭐️⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:50:19 AM

You might want to change the OP title, I'm going to be honest with you, if I could understand your article and it's importance and relation to Bitcoin?

Some body is trying to use the blockchain technology in fashion industry?
Like the inventor of electricity should care if some body is using it to cause vibration and enjoy the feeling lol

News like Wu was assassinated and now BU has no real leader/support.
Or SW was successfully activated.
Or ViaBTC is not asking us to buy contract in cloud mining first and then we get to use their accelerator without 100TX per hour limit.
Or fees are back to 25-50 sats/byte again just like 3 months ago, I was checking blockchain and noticed some 10sats/byte transactions while at that moment I was waiting for my 230sats/byte transaction to get 1 confirmation after 45 minutes.

🖤😏
Lorilikes (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:10:30 AM

You might want to change the OP title, I'm going to be honest with you, if I could understand your article and it's importance and relation to Bitcoin?

Like the inventor of electricity should care if some body is using it to cause vibration and enjoy the feeling lol

Or ViaBTC is not asking us to buy contract in cloud mining first and then we get to use their accelerator without 100TX per hour limit.
Or fees are back to 25-50 sats/byte again just like 3 months ago, I was checking blockchain and noticed some 10sats/byte transactions while at that moment I was waiting for my 230sats/byte transaction to get 1 confirmation after 45 minutes.

I do understand how it might seem like a stretch as far as topics go, but Blockchain and anything related to the technology is fascinating and indirectly spawned by Bitcoin and it's original, one and only Blockchain. But I see your point! I wanted to reply mostly to your analagy.  I bet the inventor of electricity would indeed be intrigued when watching someone enjoy a vibration, as you described it, but that's perhaps the xxx version of Nikolai Tesla's story. Nikola Tickler, maybe.  Lol

★▃ ▂⭐️⭐️▂ ▃ ★✨

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️

⭐️▂ ▃ ▅ ▆⭐️▆ ▅ ▃ ▂⭐️
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:38:44 PM

I do understand how it might seem like a stretch as far as topics go, but Blockchain and anything related to the technology is fascinating and indirectly spawned by Bitcoin and it's original, one and only Blockchain. But I see your point! I wanted to reply mostly to your analagy.  I bet the inventor of electricity would indeed be intrigued when watching someone enjoy a vibration, as you described it, but that's perhaps the xxx version of Nikolai Tesla's story. Nikola Tickler, maybe.  Lol
My point however is about the usefulness of blockchain, if you going to try using it to avoid tampering of data which is the whole point of it then you'll need to have a vast network with large hashing power.
Otherwise you'll end up like ethereum, every time dev had a fight with his wife he went forked the blockchain. it only matters if it is deployed in a decentralized way otherwise a private organization with having the control over the system doesn't need the blockchain.
Most of the altcoins are more like a joke of technology because the hashing power is too low that someone like me could potentially change anything deep in the chain.

I can't see why any body bothers to deploy so much required resources to secure a blockchain if they are not profiting by doing so and of course if you don't increase your power all the time you are risking others taking control, bottom line, blockchain is meaningless without hash power and competition and a strong algo.

🖤😏
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:18:23 AM

I do understand how it might seem like a stretch as far as topics go, but Blockchain and anything related to the technology is fascinating and indirectly spawned by Bitcoin and it's original, one and only Blockchain. But I see your point! I wanted to reply mostly to your analagy.  I bet the inventor of electricity would indeed be intrigued when watching someone enjoy a vibration, as you described it, but that's perhaps the xxx version of Nikolai Tesla's story. Nikola Tickler, maybe.  Lol

My point however is about the usefulness of blockchain, if you going to try using it to avoid tampering of data which is the whole point of it then you'll need to have a vast network with large hashing power....

The article, imo, tells how blockchains can be used to document and preserve stories:
Why would you need "large hashing power" to protect the epic saga of a new dress?
If it gets hacked, perhaps the new story is even more interesting...     ...LOL?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: