Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:08:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Supernode Summit Finland 9.-12. May 2013  (Read 13872 times)
zeroday (OP)
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:35:10 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 11:50:56 PM by zeroday

The summit venue, Haikko Manor house as seen from the south, the direction of the sea, in June.

I Bitcoin Supernode Summit Finland 9.-12. May 2013

Bitcoin meetup for the ones most deeply interested in it.

The Bitcoin Supernode Summit will be organized first time in May, 2013. It is based on the understanding that Bitcoin is a revolutionary technology as pervasive as the Internet. What tells them apart, is the fact that adopting Bitcoin among the first 100 million people in the world, not only gives you the edge when doing anything related to economy in the future, but also increases the value of your share of the monetary stock (bitcoins) in existence, by 1-6 orders of magnitude, depending how early you got in. The ones holding the largest stashes of bitcoins - and the means to use them for the public benefit - now, are quickly emerging as new socioeconomic power centers, Bitcoin Supernodes. The Summit develops these concepts in an atmosphere of pristine natural beauty combined with impeccable luxury.

Venue

Haikko Manor, near Porvoo, Finland. Porvoo is about 30 minutes from Helsinki and the Helsinki-Vantaa Airport. Haikko Manor is established 1362. The current Manor House, was designed in 1911 to be able to accommodate the most prestigious occasion that was imaginable that time - King of England visiting by sea. The Manor House was such a large project that it was only finished and inaugurated in the 1960s. Since that time, there has been no King in England. The pretender of Russia has visited it though. Haikko boasts of a 35 acre park and shoreline to the Gulf of Finland.

Hosts

The Summit is organized by rpietila, who currently runs an approximately 1.5 class Bitcoin Supernode based in Helsinki, Finland. Members from his organization will act as hosts. Currently the named hosts are Risto Pietilä (rpietila) and Roni Blomberg (rontus).

Staff

There will be enough staff available for the typical needs of the delegates, and the number of staff assigned to serve you, increases exponentially with your ticket class. If you want to bring your own staff, family members, or the like, do organize their stay yourself. Non-participating spouses of Senior Delegates or higher, can stay in the same room at no extra cost. Currently there are available rooms in the hotel compound, also the hotels in Helsinki are only 30 minutes away.

Speakers

There will be no paid speakers. Whole group sessions will be avoided. The workgroups will be based on considerations of the previous work of the delegates, and the interests they currently have. We are likely already aware of your contributions to the Bitcoin economy; if your knowledge is world class, you will be appointed as a workgroup facilitator upon your request. Most of the time during the summit is intentionally left available for self-organized work. Details will be based upon the wishes of the delegates, and updated below.

Schedule

Wednesday, May 8th

19:00 CXV (115th) Club Evening in Silverclub, Helsinki (upon separate invitation only)

Thursday, May 9th

10:00 Conference backend operational. Shuttle service between the Airport, Helsinki, Haikko and Porvoo starts. If you arrive earlier, please reserve for yourself a room in airport hotel and have a good sleep and breakfast; we will pick the early birds up at 10, and transfer to Haikko.

Friday, May 10th

18:00 Opening Gala in Haikko

Saturday, May 11th

Sunday, May 12th

16:00 Conference backend closes operations. Shuttle service between the Airport, Helsinki, Haikko and Porvoo ends. If your flight is later, we will be able to book your airport transfer.

Workshops

DEALER NETWORK
BITCOIN SUPERNODE
REAL BILLS AND CLEARINGHOUSE

(will be expanded soon, also the 7 non-rpietila delegates can start posting their ideas to the thread, no need to ask my permission, you can be sure we do exactly what we want in the summit, so if your idea is good, we will develop it and the converse).

NEW: Please somebody set up a private forum for just the participants, unless this forum grants us a private section before 1st May noon UTC.

Admissions & Fees

Maximum 50 admissions available worldwide, of which currently 7 are taken.

Admission Fee is 50,000mBTC, payable to 15X968JjsbT9LBKK9kFsAeAnKwi5G6LoUp.

All (delegate&up) admission fees will be sent to this address, regardless of the method that was used in purchasing the ticket (the tickets are for sale outside of bitcointalk also). This is to preserve the order of registrations for the 98%...2% early adopter discount. This means that the admission fee for the first entrant is 1,000mBTC, for the second 2,000mBTC, and so on, until the registration window ends on Sunday, May 5th, 23:59 UTC, or the maximum limit of 50 participants is reached. You may reserve a ticket only by prepayment, and the order of payments after 20 confirmations is the final arbiter of the discount. In cases where two legitimate payments of equal amount are included in the same block, both will get discounted the same amount, resulting in a 500mBTC additional payment due from both. Send PM with your details after sending your admission fee.

You may transfer your title to an admission to another. Send PM indicating the details, and pay 500mBTC transfer fee to 18BGLrjetpWjmP4PjQfTpeLXn1gSQx2Erv.

NEW: In case of no show, we will not be able to refund your ticket, unless you convert it to "virtual delegate" latest Sunday 5th. If you do this, we will be able to refund you 5,000mBTC (regardless of how much you paid for it).

Ticket Classes

2.5th class ticket = Delegate

(no additional cost)
- 2pax room, full board, and shuttle rides from and to the airport or city centre

2.0nd class ticket = Senior Delegate

(an additional 3,000mBTC)
- Single Room

1.5th class ticket = Donator

(an additional 10,000mBTC)
- Butler service

1.0st class ticket = VIP

(an additional 50,000mBTC)
- You may post a reasonable wishlist of maximum 3 sheets, and it will be granted upon availability

Details of what the higher classes get, will be added later.
A higher class gets first choice of suites, transportation, workgroups, etc. limited resources.
A higher class accumulates all benefits of the lower classes. (The costs are not accumulated though.)
Do not pay these to the Admission Fee address. We will charge them separately.

NEW_APR_29: All technical means will be available to attend to the summit virtually. If a delegate plans to do this, (s)he is expected to contact me, and start preparations from his/her part. This will entitle to a 5,000mBTC refund.

In addition there will be:
Hosts (participating staff of the rpietila supernode)
Staff (non-participating from rpietila and hotel)
Guests (paid speakers who are not bitcoiners yet)
Visitors (short term tickets issued to mainly local non-bitcoiners for specific events during the summit)

Pledges

If certain threshold numbers of admissions are reached, there will be some improvements in our living conditions, plus the overall feel of the summit:

- At least 10 admissions
Airport/city transfer upgraded to black German cars (E/5/6 class or larger).

- At least 20 admissions
Everything inside the compound will be free of charge, including spa treatments.

- At least 30 admissions
A Summit Secretariat will be organized, who will provide 24h backend services for the delegates, including snacks and drinks, taxis/limo, excursions to sights and clubs etc., completely according to your request, completely for free, for the duration of the summit. This will operate from two permanent bases, both in Haikko Manor and Hotel Kämp, Helsinki.

- At least 40 admissions
An opening gala dinner in the Romanov suite of the Manor House, with real silver tableware, engraved with the name of the delegate and the occasion, and gifted to the delegate. Afterparty in Helsinki, transfer in white limos (subject to availability).

- Sold out! (50 admissions)
We will employ the total of 30 girls to dole out free bitcoins to bystanders in 10 selected European cities for the duration of the summit. I will pledge 500,000mB of my private funds towards this free distribution.

Welcome to I Bitcoin Supernode Summit 2013!

[All info is subject to be updated.]

There are now 6 paid admissions to the summit, and all of them are for a physical stay. I am sorry to not have got back to you, I would be delighted if most of you would post something here, and would ask the general questions in public, so that me or a member of our staff can answer. I have been busy with a certain unforeseen deal today, but intend to not work at all during the rest of the week, except for this, which will receive my undivided attention.

The next ticket will go for 7,000mBTC. There is a new opportunity of a virtual admission, which entitles to everything except the actual coming to the summit, for a discount of 5,000mBTC. This means that you will still have to pay the 7,000 (or more) to the address, but will get 5,000 back at the instant that I am available to send it.

If you require practical assistance with getting a visa or anything, I want to help you by PM.

I encourage both the big potatoes and the disciples to sign up. The current balance is a bit of both, and we can easily accommodate more of either. I am sorry that I do not currently have the permission to disclose the identities, I hope I will do it for most of the delegates soon, or you can speak up for yourselves!

If you want to register, please read and understand the invitation.

I appreciate the invitation.  I'd love to go to Finland.  One day I will make it.  I can't make it on such short notice.

The immodest emphasis on conspicuous luxury is something I find alienating and leads me to question the premise of the gathering.  If I'm going to be invited to spend a $7,000 fee to attend a meeting, I'm accustomed to high-quality well-thought-out appeals for me to attend, which concentrate on the business development case for attendance more so than the exclusivity of the gathering and the luxurious luxuries that will be enjoyed there, the blackness of the German car I'll be picked up in, and the hotness of the 30 girls that will be passing out bitcoins.  The way that this is presented, I feel like by going I'd be starring in a Bitcoin version of "Oppan Gang-nam Style" and that has a negative appeal to me.  THis is not why I am involved in Bitcoin.  This sort of meeting Should Not Take Place at a venue that requires an outlay like that per participant, with one exception: if the money were going to fund some well-defined and well-planned project to fund the common good.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

I realize that astute bitcoin people are very busy, and therefore cannot easily read the fine print, which in this case says that the tickets will be sold at progressively higher prices. The first one was BTC1, and currently you would be able to reserve yours at BTC8, which, despite the fact that it is $1000+, will still net me a loss and cannot be considered excessive.

The level of people, targeted with this summit, is so high, that their opportunity cost of time easily runs in $thousands per day, so this is why I care about their physical well-being (and not so much care how much it will cost to me or them). It is realistically a $5-$10k investment for you or anyone from the U.S. to attend this (ticket+flight+time), so you don't want to have substandard living conditions. There is already another conference targeting a wider audience, and there is no point for me to reinvent the wheel.

As for the workshops, I have currently outlined three most critical developments in the bitcoinworld, which do need to be accomplished with the utmost speed and determination, namely:

- The Dealer Network, to stabilize the price during its appreciation phase and remove the single point of failure (Mt.Gox)
- The Supernode, to strengthen the socio-economic network, develop local power centers, and tie Bitcoin to the real world existing networks
- The Real Bill, to enable such a stable price in the long run that bitcoin can be used as a unit of account in production of goods and services

If you think there is anything more urgent and important to be done in this world than these, please post it here. Since I am pretty serious with this conference and consider it the culmination of my short career in bitcoin.

If you just see the blackness of the cars and hotness of the girls, you are myopic. This all needs to be there but the real content is in the workshops.

Thank you for the Casascius coins, they are beautiful, and a lasting testimony to your foresight.

Today I did the following:

- Some summit members have taken on tasks to practically organize matters. Expect zeroday to start a new thread and keep it in even better order than this one is. We will also have a private forum in 48 hours max, for the delegates and people in the process.

- I scoured the city for new and ritzier offices for my supernode. So far did not find anything of interest. My problem is that I want quite large (200+ sqm), best location (only a few blocks are good enough for me), good condition (4 meter ceiling is the target, <3 disqualified), and available (so that we can move in now and not in 2 months)

- We will go to Haikko on Thursday with a 4-ppl delegation, to discuss the practicalities of the Summit with the staff of the Manor House

- Chatted over skype with a Greek delegate

- Some people want to order Casascius coins from me, I have quoted 1,800mBTC / 2,200mBTC / 5,500mBTC for 2013/2012/2011 BTC1 coins incl dlwy.

- Goat sold me 700,000mBTC for 2.65M THB yesterday. I have now spent about 4 hours with the bank, and currently they have promised to send the money to him on Thursday. I need to pay anything between $1k-$3k in different fees to the bank (closer to $1k now since I phoned directly to the currency broker desk to exchange EUR->THB; but I have happily paid 1.55% fees on USD->EUR automatic conversion just because I did not specify the sender to use my USD account). LOL when Goat sees the money clear, his part is done in 15 seconds. [Do you realistically think that BTC will not go to $300/mBTC, just because of the fact that using banks for anything is such a pain?]

- We are celebrating the 3rd most important annual festival in Finland, only Midsummer and Christmas (in this order) are more important

- I have almost contracted a team of 3 bright and beautiful young women to help with the organising of the summit (+ being The Summit Secretariat during the event, if ever we reach 30 participants - which I doubt but will employ them anyway)

All delegates - If you need something very important before Thursday May 2nd, 16:00 UTC, PM me. Otherwise I will have the staff and the rooms etc. ready by then and will contact everyone personally.

Since the best rooms are in short supply, please decide for yourself now, if you would like to have:

A) a suite (Manor House 2nd and highest floor apartment with bedroom, living area, bath, and large balcony facing the sea - visible in the photo in the summit invitation) with butler service for 10,000mBTC; OR

B) a single room in Manor House 1st floor with bath / single room in the conference wing (same price) for 3,000mBTC; OR

C) shared room with another delegate with bath (included).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:35:56 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 09:51:51 PM by zeroday

Workshop: DEALER NETWORK

This workshop will be held in I Bitcoin Supernode Summit Finland 9.-12. May 2013.

MISSION STATEMENT:

We believe that setting up a decentralized, enormously liquid way of determining the USD/BTC rate, is beneficial for the continued increase of the rate. We believe that it is possible to gather together the owners of 3,000,000,000mBTC (about 30% of all the bitcoins aboveground) to regularly post their willingness to sell a part of their stash to the rising prices. The ultimate counterparty would be a new bitcoin user who buys these coins. The intermediary would be a Bitcoin Supernode dealership. We believe that this operation can be set up in 3 months, and it will be the ultimate stabilizer of the price, even though we expect that the actual number of coins traded by this mechanism would likely not exceed the aggregate turnover of the exchanges, even after the 3 months.

TECHNICAL:

1. We set up a Bitcoin Dealers' Association, which will accept members upon very strict scrutiny. The number of members will be limited to about 200, and it is not mandatory to have more than 10 for it to work properly.

2. We set up an order matching software, which will process the net dealer orderbooks of the BDA members, every 8 hours. I propose this happens at 00:00UTC, 08:00UTC and 16:00UTC, continually, every day. There will not be continuous trading at all in the first stage; it can be added later if found beneficial. I don't think it will add anything, since we already have the exchanges for play.

3. Net dealer orderbooks will be sent encrypted to the software, it will find the market clearing price, and send the details to the counterparties of the actual trades. The software cannot (ie. it is mathematically impossible to) cheat. If all of the participants see their net position fulfilled at the fixing price, the software has worked properly.

4. It does not cost anything for a member to send their orderbook, also there is no fee for the trades matched. The fees are a fixed membership fee and a one-time registration fee. In addition, members can buy the stock of the association (stockholders decide the directors etc.) and they will have to post a significant bail, which will cover the maximum of outstanding trades by the member, and is held in a 3-out-of-5 escrow perpetually during their membership.

5. The trades are settled T+4, which means that the trade contracted will have to clear in the other end in 96 hours from the fixing. Eg. fixing on Monday at 00:00, will have to be paid and cleared in the receiving end by Friday at 00:00.

6. If there is a delay in settlement, a penalty will be imposed + all the expenses of the counterparty will need to be covered. If this is due to negligence, a warning is issued. If there is further negligence or an outright default of the payment, the bail will be used to cover the damages and the member is expelled. If (which can not happen unless the scamming party can also hack the blackbox software to give him a larger outstanding orders limit than his bail covers) the damages exceed the bail, all other members pay prorated, and the scammer is expelled and criminally prosecuted.

7. The software will publish the fixing price automatically and immediately to the public. The volumes and counterparties of the trades will not be published.

8. Later on, the settlement can be extended to futures contracts, and options on futures can be written.

This is an ingenious mechanism, which achieves the following objectives:

- No central point of failure; the central software cannot mathematically cheat, since if it clears the market according to the orders of each of the members, it will have been cleared it according to all of them.

- About 30% of the bitcoins of the world will be able to be part of the price finding mechanism without need to physically move them or even know the exact owners and whereabouts of them. Quite many of them will be owned by the members at that point, and some non-members will certainly know of the members who act as their brokers. Dealers do not need to divulge their local order book (amounts, personal info) to anyone, the amounts will be sent to the blackbox encrypted, the customer info stored locally.

- Any local dealer can serve any Prince Harry who wants to purchase 10 million worth of bitcoins, which is impossible in the current exchange model (prepayment) and the Web-Of-Mistrust model (nobody would trust you for more than you have been doing before, which is childish if we are talking about actual business).

- Yes, as the end-user customer, there is no need to store your cash or bitcoins anywhere in particular. Only the dealers will need to abide by the following conditions->

If the following conditions are met:

- All (= every one of) the members are professionals, to make it smooth enough to have a delayed 84 hour settlement with an assigned counterparty.

- Members post a bail to cover their total outstanding orders limit, or any lesser amount if it is considered stupid enough to scam all the other members of the network prorated.

Workshop: BITCOIN SUPERNODE

This workshop will be held in I Bitcoin Supernode Summit Finland 9.-12. May 2013.

MISSION STATEMENT:

[tbd]

TECHNICAL:

[tbd]

Workshop: REAL BILLS AND CLEARINGHOUSE

MISSION STATEMENT:

[tbd]

TECHNICAL:

[tbd]
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:36:57 PM

[reserved]
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:39:08 PM

[reserved]
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:46:42 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 10:03:15 PM by zeroday

This thread is created to discuss the emerging Bitcoin Supernode Summit which is being organized by rpietila in Finland.
Everybody is welcome to share their ideas and ask questions. Please no flood.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:19:05 PM

Please consider carefully the next summit venue.

I suggest Silicon Valley, e.g. in Mountain View close to the Google Campus.

• Invite local VC and Singularity Summit  style keynoters, and pitch it at legacy regional investment firms competing for wealthy young risk taking clients, e.g. the Winklevoss twins.
  • Incorporate a demo day with bitcoin awards for best bitcoin start up pitch & demo.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:42:17 AM

• Invite local VC and Singularity Summit  style keynoters, and pitch it at legacy regional investment firms competing for wealthy young risk taking clients, e.g. the Winklevoss twins.
  • Incorporate a demo day with bitcoin awards for best bitcoin start up pitch & demo.

Finland is fine with me, just announce your next summits earlier, pls!
Its a real bummer, I was going to go to Finland by the end of May anyway, had I known this in advance, I would have adjusted my planning accordingly..
Noevertheless, have some fun!

Spekulatius from Bitcointhedocumentary.org
zeroday (OP)
Donator

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:41:17 AM

You may still attend the summit remotely via video conference.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:31:38 PM

I endorse this thread. However not yet sure how zeroday can actually keep the content here up-to-date, I don't yet know if he is doing 24/7 as I do. My focus is still in the other thread, and in 2-4 days I will move my focus solely on the summit and the delegates. By then we will probably have a private forum, FB group or such.

The current number attending:

3 participating hosts
3 non-participating hosts (secretariat)
6 delegates
2 virtual delegates.

I have contacted one Guest speaker, kangasbros, who owns Easywallet and Localbitcoins.

I plan to have a larger-audience event in the middle of the conference, probably Sat afternoon.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Killdozer

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:41:11 PM

So you announce a conference with 2 weeks warning time? Real professional...

Is it correct that the ticket prices is 25.000 mBTC, ie, 25 BTC, ie, by current prices about 5500 USD?

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:47:12 PM

Is it correct that the ticket prices is 25.000 mBTC, ie, 25 BTC, ie, by current prices about 5500 USD?

Currently you would get a ticket for 9,000mBTC (about $1000) for a 3-night stay in shared room, full board, and airport travel.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:55:11 PM

I would love to go to Finland for a Bitcoin confrrence. However:
1. I am already goin to San Jose conference this month
2. Too short notice

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Killdozer

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:13:55 PM

Currently you would get a ticket for 9,000mBTC (about $1000) for a 3-night stay in shared room, full board, and airport travel.
I see, well that's much more reasonable.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:41:32 PM

Goat, did you have something particular to say?

pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:00:37 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "Bitcoin Supernode"?
ToWS

Activity: 38
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:32:45 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "Bitcoin Supernode"?
You need the 'other' thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174620.0) - the thread that these pages have split from - to answer that question. It's a long read but the signal/noise ratio is high and it might just be the start of something interesting. Give it a whirl.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:12:07 PM

Goat, did you have something particular to say?

I guess I should have said "witnessed"

On this forum to preserve historic events more than one person needs to save a quote so we know in years nothing was edited. it's pretty normal.

Ah, I thought this was self-moderated. It does not seem to be... I think we need to make a new thread since non-sm is trollfood these days Sad

rontus

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:46:13 AM

I am one of the hosts for this summit. I welcome all participants beforehand and I do expect a lot from this meetup. Last week I joined rpietila at Haikko to test the place, and I am very happy about the place and the service. It is a peaceful environment and the Finnish spring weather has been wonderful for a few days now.

I take my time to reply to some posts here:
  • Invite local VC and Singularity Summit  style keynoters, and pitch it at legacy regional investment firms competing for wealthy young risk taking clients, e.g. the Winklevoss twins.
May I kindly remind you that this is, I quote rpietila here, “Bitcoin meetup for the ones most deeply interested in it.” People at Silicon Valley are obviously interested in Bitcoin, maybe even deeply, but not the most deeply. This is not a pitching conference, people will come here and talk themselves. I think your idea is good, and I encourage you or someone else to do it. So thank you for your suggestion, but it does not fit the idea of this summit.
It is never possible to find a time suitable for everyone. If you announce something earlier it is certainly easier for people to plan their timetables accordingly, I must admit that. However this is meant for people who own their freedom, and thus can decide a day, a week, or two week earlier what they want to do. Of course they might have had something of importance planned already, and then they just have to weight what they find to be the most important. It is very simple.

And I also want to announce, you may add this to the first post, what we and Haikko Manor has to offer for leisure time during the extended weekend:
Leisure activities
Frisbee-golf course around the mansion
Jogging in a forest route
Spa (sauna, warm & cold pools, a swimming pool)
Gym
Beach sauna (rented to us for the whole summit, sauna and cold ocean water)
Some board games (Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride) & playing cards (& chips)

And to eat and drink:
Restaurant premises and cafes
Fine dining at Haikko Manor
À la Carte, menu TBA 7.5
Spa Bistro & Café
Spa Bistro & Café offers light, quick and tasty food. Baked potatoes, pasta, Finnish tapas-plates, Haikko Burgers, salads, pastries and snacks are available. You can also buy your sauna beverages here - we sell also organic and local beer, cider, wine and juice.
The Manor House Club
A cozy club restaurant for after dinner drinks. A small dance floor and a good selection of whiskies.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:20:58 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 08:50:23 PM by rpietila

** Public event: Haikko Bitcoin Seminar 11th May 2013 **

Venue: Haikko Manor House, Romanov Ballroom (main floor)

Bitcoin seminar tickets (Visitor ticket) 500mBTC incl. coffee, spa access. If there are extra seats in the Ballroom, we admit the public to listen to the speakers without ticket. Comments disabled for non-ticket holders. Payment in bitcoin, prepayment, details will be announced. If paid with EUR upon arrival, the EUR will be discounted 20% when converting to bitcoin (equal to buying bitcoins at 25% margin).

Extras:
Lunch of your choice from the carte (about 10-30 EUR + optional wines). No reservation needed.
Dinner (Romanov Menu 5 courses 75 EUR + optional wines 60 EUR). Reservations upon registration, limited seats, payment (in EUR) upon arrival
This menu was served in the accession of Emperor Nicholas II in St. Petersburg in 1896. They used gold plates, we will use silver cutlery.

12:00 Lunch
13:00 Speakers
Coffee will be served during speakers. Speakers may speak in Finnish or English.
Simultaneous small group translation (whisperer) will be provided between Finnish, Swedish and English.

Jeremias Kangas (kangasbros) - Successful OTC Bitcoin Business
Risto Pietilä (rpietila) - Bitcoin Fundamentals
N.N.
N.N. (Speakers and topics are subject to change)

15:00 Free time; access to the spa and amenities
18:00 Dinner (spa and amenities continue for non-participants of Dinner)
21:00 Evening programme

Seminar is included for I Supernode Summit Delegates and Guests.
Dinner is included for Delegates and Guests.
Wine is included for Donators.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:19:10 PM

General

The I Bitcoin Supernode Summit will issue the following admissions:

1 Host Donator
2 Family Donators

1 Senior Delegate
1 Senior Host
1 Family

3 Delegates
7 Virtual Delegates (3 available for 8,000; 9,000; 10,000mBTC)
2 Guests
2 Hosts

2 Staff

30 Visitors (about 25 available for 500mBTC)

Schedule

Tuesday

17:00 Summit Starts

Wednesday

17:00 Summit Secretariat Begins Operations

Thursday

10:00 Sauna Starts
17:00 Opening Ceremony
18:00 Dinner

Friday

Saturday

12:00 Haikko Bitcoin Seminar (public event)
18:00 Romanov Gala Dinner
23:00 Sauna Ends

Sunday
16:00 Summit Ends

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: