Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:11:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can It Really Happen?  (Read 3341 times)
Andri.Ghani

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:14:56 PM

Why no satoshi do it ...?
But if true it is, I think satoshi will not do it .. Grin
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:39:10 AM

It's not a secret Satoshi Nakamoto has more than 1 million of Bitcoins in his wallet, right?

If he suddenly wants to sell all his Bitcoins, could it cause a chaos in Bitcoin market making the price fall? Or is this amount too insignificant to cause any mess?
Yes .Bitcoin market will be fallen.1 million bitcoin is huge amount of bitcoin. If he sell all of his coin in one time, the effect will be decrease the rate of bitcoin.
Even if he did not sell all his coins, if at some point it is discovered satoshi, the creator of bitcoin is selling his stash, then everyone will begin to panic, if even the creator of bitcoin is cashing out, why I should stay?, as you can see it is not only the amount of coins we need to be worried about, just the act of satoshi cashing out come coins will be terrible for the network since people may lose faith in bitcoin almost overnight.

I agree. I have often wondered about the 'what if' Satoshi was still active on this forum, buying&selling his coins and still contactable working on the tech. My opinion is I think the price of bitcoin would not have risen so sharply since his disappearance. Now that he decided to 'check out', his wallets are being looked at more than ever for even a sniff of activity. Poor bastard, he's almost the only bitcoin holder without any anonymity>> feeling the irony there.
I don’t think satoshi cares at all, it is my opinion that he had move to other projects, maybe to other crypto currencies or maybe to something else, to me the profile of someone like satoshi tells me that he created bitcoin more for the challenge of creating bitcoin than for the possible economic benefits that could be gotten later.   
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:15:05 AM

I dont know whats worse,

- if he had access to his wallets and sold all his coins. ..or    Sad
- if he had died and no one has access to all of those coins....   Sad

Are you serious? It's the first one is the worst for sure. I really don't think the second one could go worst. It will be worst for him but not for you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: