Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:46:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Everything Bubble  (Read 2187 times)
n0ne

Activity: 2534
Merit: 548

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 03:41:12 AM

I am not ready to agree that everything is being pumped to be a bubble. A bubble could be identified and classified when its market is not backing up with enough volume. When there are many/enough people to contribute to continue an up surge, I believe that scenario should not be termed as bubble

This is an impossible case and claim

I mean if we took that assumption as legit and valid, bubbles would not be possible at all. There should always be enough people ready to pour their money until the bubble finally pops. If it were not so, you wouldn't be able to create bubbles in the first place. Otherwise, how could you make a bubble? The only way to do that is via injecting massive amounts of money into something (e.g. real estate, dot-coms, stocks, or whatever). Therefore, the very definition of bubble assumes hefty amounts of money required to inflate it
Agreed, bubbles gets popped when the inflow increases. This too can be caused by the large volume bitcoin holders to make the price grow. Recently the bubbles were due to the ongoing adoption around the world countries, major part is because of the Japan's huge investment into bitcoin. Bubbles too have valid reason, without which bubbles are fake pumps.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1127

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:24:16 AM

Actually there are so many bubbles. Some better projects with really cheap comparing with others. For example monero is a such a nice projects with great expectaions from investors. But the price is so fixed. However for example xrp so much volume and overpriced in a very short time period.

Agreed. XRP put a ton more into their economy then say they are going to lock it up. That created a price crash when they added more and when they said they will lock a lot of it up it created a bigger bubble
Ripple must be very good example in recent times for a bubble. I hope it will get crashed down more quickly.

Did you read any ripple based ETF nor any market giant is going to adopt ripple as one of their payment option, then for what reason it is getting 10x appreciations ? As long as I am looking into their in depth related things, there was no solid events to support it to grow. Yet, it is rising in market, it must be just a bubble and may pop out at any time.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:35:07 AM

Actually there are so many bubbles. Some better projects with really cheap comparing with others. For example monero is a such a nice projects with great expectaions from investors. But the price is so fixed. However for example xrp so much volume and overpriced in a very short time period.

Agreed. XRP put a ton more into their economy then say they are going to lock it up. That created a price crash when they added more and when they said they will lock a lot of it up it created a bigger bubble
Ripple must be very good example in recent times for a bubble. I hope it will get crashed down more quickly.

Did you read any ripple based ETF nor any market giant is going to adopt ripple as one of their payment option, then for what reason it is getting 10x appreciations ? As long as I am looking into their in depth related things, there was no solid events to support it to grow. Yet, it is rising in market, it must be just a bubble and may pop out at any time.

The Ripple story just shows how irrational some people are when it comes to investing (speculating) I think Ripples will take alot of people down but how great it will be I don't know

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 09:02:50 AM

The Ripple story just shows how irrational some people are when it comes to investing (speculating) I think Ripples will take alot of people down but how great it will be I don't know

I wholeheartedly support this view

It becomes even more evident when people start seriously mentioning the Ripple market cap as being the second after Bitcoin (around 15B dollars in total) without ever thinking that is a completely irrelevant metric. And not just irrelevant (as it is per se) but in fact detrimental and harmful since such people look at these whopping numbers and come to think that Ripple somehow is certainly worth the shit

mobilezz

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:34:57 AM

But someone has managed to earn money on Ripple. And for many it will be a loss-making investment. It is difficult to guess and predict something. Even experience does not help. A lot of new "crypto"

iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:58:30 PM

There are soo many bubbles going on that never really pop, more like they deflate. I think btc will have a price correction. It will probably go down in price in a few weeks. Almost no news has driven this increase. Speculation fueled by a pump n dump coming. Be ready!!
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

There are soo many bubbles going on that never really pop, more like they deflate. I think btc will have a price correction. It will probably go down in price in a few weeks. Almost no news has driven this increase. Speculation fueled by a pump n dump coming. Be ready!!

That's the same what people had been saying late fall-early winter of 2016

When Bitcoin had just started its rise which we are still watching to push ahead today. This rise was driven by a reward halving (many seem to have forgotten about it already) that happened almost a year ago. It required some time to develop and show up eventually but that was basically "written in stone". The same with Japan equaling Bitcoin to other currencies (and still more so with other countries which are going to follow Japan's lead). The genuine effects of these events will also take some time to manifest themselves. So I wouldn't be very optimistic about the dump just around the corner. Get ready for more!

Przemax

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:10:42 AM

It is impossible not to have bubbles in the current world. Firstly there is no mechanism in the market that punishes wrong financial decision for the big investment banks. Secondly, its the human nature that we value the things that are priced high, as well as those that are trendy right now.

Thirdly the economy needs the bubbles because of the interest rates. There have to be either extreme growth to rationalise the usury, or people have to be broke to have to work for pennies, for their employers to be able to pay the usury fees to the banks. If bubbles are making one group of people broke and others increase the GPD, its a saving grace for the economy. Not exactly saving grace, just kicking the ball out, but nevertheless from a banking perspective it might be viewed as so.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:13:26 AM

The question is IF the bubble gets big and goes boom and takes out financials/recession/etc in the traditional capitalist world

will that help crypto? or is all this NEW $$$ flowing into crypto FROM the bubble (like running up your credit card) and thus will

dry up investment into crypto ..and we also go down with the ship (although likely not as much)

just asking...not a slam on crypto/or bubbles Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ridery99 (OP)

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:08:48 PM

Marc Faber—aka Dr. Doom—warns that in financial markets ‘there is a bubble in everything’

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/marc-faberaka-dr-doomwarns-that-in-financial-markets-there-is-a-bubble-in-everything-2017-05-31

Weatherby

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:45:26 PM

There might be a truth in some of the facts mentioned because the real estate bubble was really huge in the past and the people who are holding black money had the biggest advantage during that time as they could convert those into real estate investments and that is when the bubble starts and these sort of things will pop in the future,we need to have some fundamentals when the increase in price if not it will pop.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:02:41 AM

I am not ready to agree that everything is being pumped to be a bubble. A bubble could be identified and classified when its market is not backing up with enough volume. When there are many/enough people to contribute to continue an up surge, I believe that scenario should not be termed as bubble

This is an impossible case and claim

I mean if we took that assumption as legit and valid, bubbles would not be possible at all. There should always be enough people ready to pour their money until the bubble finally pops. If it were not so, you wouldn't be able to create bubbles in the first place. Otherwise, how could you make a bubble? The only way to do that is via injecting massive amounts of money into something (e.g. real estate, dot-coms, stocks, or whatever). Therefore, the very definition of bubble assumes hefty amounts of money required to inflate it
Agreed, bubbles gets popped when the inflow increases. This too can be caused by the large volume bitcoin holders to make the price grow. Recently the bubbles were due to the ongoing adoption around the world countries, major part is because of the Japan's huge investment into bitcoin. Bubbles too have valid reason, without which bubbles are fake pumps.

But that's an inherent problem with bitcoin, valuation. This is information that we have attached this high price to, and that price is completely borne on speculation/hype. This market has the highest percentage of capitalized, uneducated investors; it shows with the volatility. The price of bitcoin is essentially what we want it to be (its not derived from production price). So, hard to call a bubble.unless.you use percent increase as a metric; price points are meaningless.

Bubble are real pumps for fake/illegitimate reasons. Japan's interest is valid, but not sustainable. And when we reach the end of that sustainability..

POP! Wink
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:38:28 AM

The Everything Bubble: Stocks, Real Estate & Bond Implosion - Mike Maloney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Oz2R0u4VM

Is everything overpriced? Are we going to crash soon? When? Discussion.
I don't think that everything is a bubble because if everything is a bubble then a lot of people are now complaining about it because of being over priced and even bitcoin does not have bubble price because it has a reason and root of cause why it is very expensive now and that is because of the demand and the progress of bitcoin in overall.
farharhadi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:06:45 AM

So many good projects but there are some that bubble up as a very cheap comparison with others. Investors who will give good hope to a project.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:10:47 AM

Yes, everything is a bubble and soon, the price of everything will drop. Price of crypto can not be as higher as they are right now. Whales are just here to take money from all the people
Cryptocurrency wouldn't affect too much to popped out those bubbles in local fiat financial system which I can really say that is too much overpriced but telling or saying that they will crash,its possible but no on these days and would really takes time as long people already got used to it and continue to use then it would still remain as a bubble and we cant do anything about it.

Schuyler

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:42:40 AM

Well bubble were caused by the huge whales who are buying a large amount of stocks or commodities.

Just look at the housing bubble. That was caused by millions of ordinary people buying houses that they ultimately could not afford.

A bubble is caused by speculative buying by many small investors. It may be triggered by whales making large buys, but it isn't a bubble until it becomes mainstream.

We are not there yet, but it will be time to exit when you see waves of newbies talking about how much their bitcoin investments are worth.

I would agree with this. True, whales may collude to pump up a commodity but it would take a number of small participants to really push it up. The initial boost makes it attractive to newer players.

This is actually making me nervous. I started around December last year, and just held on to my btc despite the mini-plunges. I waited long enough to trade, actually wouldn't have if I was not egged. "Oh come on, how will you get more btc without buying with your fiat?".

I did my first trade last night - I bought XRP.  Undecided Now I'm wondering if that is just money down the drain...
Quite agree. If you really come to think of it, every mainstream investment is suffering from a bubble, and sometimes or in most cases, those who are late to the party and the ones who get to witness the bursting of it, all when the first to arrive have long exited their positions.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:00:14 AM

The Everything Bubble: Stocks, Real Estate & Bond Implosion - Mike Maloney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Oz2R0u4VM

Is everything overpriced? Are we going to crash soon? When? Discussion.
I don't think that everything is a bubble because if everything is a bubble then a lot of people are now complaining about it because of being over priced and even bitcoin does not have bubble price because it has a reason and root of cause why it is very expensive now and that is because of the demand and the progress of bitcoin in overall.
Probably every price rise do happen only with pumping because traders alone making those decisions to take some commodity's prices in to new level and which can be termed as bubble. Practically traders will be having some view to speculate how big the prices will go. I am not finding any wrong with that because with their available options/resources, they are doing that.

After the pump, the new investors coming into market to ensure the bubble gets realization.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 12:00:10 PM

will that help crypto? or is all this NEW $$$ flowing into crypto FROM the bubble (like running up your credit card) and thus will

There seems to be a bit of misunderstanding

When a bubble bursts eventually, there is no "all this NEW $$$" flowing into anywhere. How come? Because this money is taken away (or gets stolen if you please), it simply disappears as if it didn't exist at all. It means that people remain basically empty handed, that's what bubbles are essentially about. At first, a bubble sucks in cash like there's no tomorrow and then oops! No tomorrow becomes a new reality for the happy-go-lucky investors

race2tb

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:11:38 PM

It wont crash we will go through a period of stagflation, look it up.  Banks can keep this game going forever.
potatopower

Activity: 296

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:20:01 PM

the ripple is going to grow really huge in the near future. To be honest the fact that banks are going to invest in ripple is going to grow the price up easily. Plus there will be a coin lock up which will make the price pump a lot as well. I think the only question is when it is going to reach one dollar per ripple price, but I can almost assure that sooner or later it is going to happen. And everything bubble is good, it means that people can make money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆