Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:13:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin die soon?  (Read 43353 times)
Weatherby

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:32:03 PM

I read somewhere that the spammer has somewhat stop. I don't know long he/she will stop and maybe try to go back when Aug 1 nears. I haven't done any transaction yet for the past week so I don't know what's the mining fee as of date. Last time I transferred bitcoin took me 6 hours and below the fee required. I just used viabtc to help me accelerate my transaction.
With the price of bitcoin going up,these spammers wont be shelling out more money just to spam the network,they will think twice before shelling out their coins and i think the price has something to do with the reduction of network spam and the scaling would reduce all the spam altogether because with bigger blocks it will be hard to maintain that level to stifle the network.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:25:23 PM

Bitcoin won't die, Bitcoin won't die soon.

Yes slow confirmation IS a problem. But Bitcoin is a wonderful thing we should not let disappear.
i agree with you that bitcoin will be never and yeah bitcoin confirmation is slow nowadays but i hope bitcoin confirmation problem will solve sooner and we know that bitcoin is now in development stage.
I myself am confused who will solve the problem in bitcoin like confirmation time, and other problems that are in bitcoin? While the bitcoin itself is decentralized? I do not really understand that. But I agree with that. That bitcoin will not die anytime soon

Bitcoin will never die.now ask why? Reason people are investing.The ratio of people investment is increasing rapidly so there is no option or new that bitcoin will die soon.it is false news.or consider it is rumors.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:11:14 PM

I do not think that he will die, there will be ups and downs but the fact that bitcoin is evolving is a fact
Evolving in a positive way and its growing rapidly. These type of people that keeps on telling bitcoin will die soon wants to see bitcoin at dip. Its their strategy to buy bitcoin while it is low. Because they will have a lot of benefits when they bought bitcoin while the price is very low as they will just hold it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:31:59 PM

Yes slow confirmation IS a problem. But Bitcoin is a wonderful thing we should not let disappear.
i agree with you that bitcoin will be never and yeah bitcoin confirmation is slow nowadays but i hope bitcoin confirmation problem will solve sooner and we know that bitcoin is now in development stage.
I myself am confused who will solve the problem in bitcoin like confirmation time, and other problems that are in bitcoin? While the bitcoin itself is decentralized? I do not really understand that. But I agree with that. That bitcoin will not die anytime soon

Bitcoin will never die.now ask why? Reason people are investing.The ratio of people investment is increasing rapidly so there is no option or new that bitcoin will die soon.it is false news.or consider it is rumors.
bitcoin is not going to every die. it will remain alive and as active currency for every. it is the need of the time and everyone. in fact bitcoin has a very bright future and will remain for ever and will never die because it is the currency of the new generation.
Aztek

Activity: 423

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:41:41 PM

I have sent BTC yesterday but one day passed it is not confirmed, I have raised mining fee, this sucks.
Bitcoin investment is always a risk to everybody so so doubt that the bitcoin price couls go down in just a split second and that could happened because it is all about technology and internet hacking or something happened could put your bitcoin in risk.
Despacito

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:48:10 PM

I do not think that he will die, there will be ups and downs but the fact that bitcoin is evolving is a fact
Evolving in a positive way and its growing rapidly. These type of people that keeps on telling bitcoin will die soon wants to see bitcoin at dip. Its their strategy to buy bitcoin while it is low. Because they will have a lot of benefits when they bought bitcoin while the price is very low as they will just hold it.

Bitcoin did not come here in a day and it won't pass away in a day. The only thing that can happen is that losing some power from its dominance. The rest is still very powerful about bitcoin.
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:52:23 PM

Bitcoin did not come here in a day and it won't pass away in a day. The only thing that can happen is that losing some power from its dominance. The rest is still very powerful about bitcoin.

Indeed since at first place of it bitcoin is a strong e currency and It cannot die easily since its been adopted well by many business establishments and also their are several countries treat it as a legal money so its so impossible for this coin to pass away for this time and Im sure that there's so many people would not allow this to be happen.

dimatu

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:57:40 PM

The price can fall but bitcoin will always be in depend due to the illegal trade and people wishing for privacy from government intervention. In addition these days we see lots of money coming in from all around the world, especially Asia.
Anegg

Activity: 469

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:40:20 AM

I have sent BTC yesterday but one day passed it is not confirmed, I have raised mining fee, this sucks.

If this issues persists or worsens bitcoin will probably not die, but it is highly likely that bitcoin will recieve some hate and become damaged, but i think through this damage, bitcoin will improve and have faster transaction times and cheaper transaction fees also. If Segwit gets activated, then this should all happen, but right now just wait for August the first to roll around.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Anegg

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:41:56 AM

If this issues persists or worsens bitcoin will probably not die, but it is highly likely that bitcoin will recieve some hate and become damaged, but i think through this damage, bitcoin will improve and have faster transaction times and cheaper transaction fees also. If Segwit gets activated, then this should all happen, but right now just wait for August the first to roll around.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
🏆
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:51:37 AM

Losing dominance will make the price of bitcoin lose too. It all depends on the market but I still see that no other alt coins will make bitcoin replaced, dead and forgotten. News all around the world are talking about bitcoin and good & bad markets are relying to bitcoin, so bitcoin will always dominate.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
si bungsu

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:44:46 AM

i never think about that, bitcoin will be raise and raise. Bitcoin will always be needed in the world, though bitcoin depleted will still be needed for the history of the development of virtual money in the world.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:16:08 AM

As long as people keep using bitcoin then bitcoin is not going to die, even if not a single new person ever used bitcoin we have more than enough people to keep bitcoin alive, obviously the more people the better and bitcoin is getting more people every single day so there is no way for bitcoin to die and with that in mind those that say bitcoin is going to die could not be more wrong.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:30:37 AM

Confirmation is a big and hassle BTC problem. There's traffic you know. Many people are heating up angry with that unfixed problem. They should think of a way to solve that. I hope come August 1, that will become a thing of the past. Well, it won't kill BTC though. BTC is still an infant so to speak. No need to want it dead. Let it grow first.  Wink
coynedterm

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:40:00 AM

I don't think that the confirmation problem is a factor to say that Bitcoin is die or it is going to die .
Because here it is not the fault of the Bitcoin network , it is the competition of the transaction with high fee .
The person who will pay high fee will get confirmation his transaction at the first and the person who will
Transfer his Bitcoin with low fee will get confirmation late and late as according to the amount of the fee
That he paid .
Since in the last month the fee was big problem because there were many transaction going and increasing
Cloud of the traffic .
So instead to say it is going to die , you should pay recommended medium amount of fee for the transaction .
If you can't pay high fee then wait after the first week , because block size are going to increase by double .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
Anegg

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:45:49 AM

Here are some questions you have to ask yourself before you complain here:
1. Did I use a high transaction fee?
2. Is the blockchain getting a lot of traffic right now?

If the answer to Question 1 is no, then consider using a higher transaction fee next time to speed up the transaction time. After Segwit gets activated though the transaction fees should drop so thats an upside.

Just wait a bit longer, the payment should come through.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
🏆
Bowly88

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:36:27 AM

Bitcoin won't die, before this happen an improvement will be chosen to be implemented. The question is if it will have a hard fork or not. I personalyl don't like the idea, I think it's very bad for the Bitcoin unity that was built along the years, but the transaction fees can't continue increasing like now and the delay can't continue. All we can do is to wait and see what happens...
I also think that bitcoin will not die, it is our future, even if it is, something will just replace it with another form of cryptocurrency. Now I'm sure that it will not be dead because the value of it is still increasing day by day. And if it dies what will happen to those who own a lot of it? The investors and their bitcoin investments will be all gone too. They won't let that happen they are business.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:13:07 AM

Bitcoin won't die, before this happen an improvement will be chosen to be implemented. The question is if it will have a hard fork or not. I personalyl don't like the idea, I think it's very bad for the Bitcoin unity that was built along the years, but the transaction fees can't continue increasing like now and the delay can't continue. All we can do is to wait and see what happens...
I also think that bitcoin will not die, it is our future, even if it is, something will just replace it with another form of cryptocurrency. Now I'm sure that it will not be dead because the value of it is still increasing day by day. And if it dies what will happen to those who own a lot of it? The investors and their bitcoin investments will be all gone too. They won't let that happen they are business.
The value and demand for bitcoin is not permanent and most of them are just here because of the hype of news or being fear of missing out (FOMO) but we can see the real value of bitcoin after at least 10 years because, right now, bitcoin is still hard to tell if the things are real or just a hype but after a few years we will see the real image of bitcoin in the market and also from the people.
jayc89

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:28:51 AM

Confirmation is a big and hassle BTC problem. There's traffic you know. Many people are heating up angry with that unfixed problem. They should think of a way to solve that. I hope come August 1, that will become a thing of the past. Well, it won't kill BTC though. BTC is still an infant so to speak. No need to want it dead. Let it grow first.  Wink
I am sure that the transaction fee plus the amount of time it requires for the transaction to get confirmed will not be that much of an issue if the price of Bitcoin gets up to a few hundred thousand dollars. People wouldn’t want to spend their Bitcoins then since it will be too expensive.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:47:38 AM

Indeed it's annoying, i've experienced it but not too often, because i switched to medium fees now. Whether you use low fees on it, usually it happens because it uses low fees.
And I think Bitcoin will never die, some bitcoin accidents are often happening but bitcoin will stay close to a lot of people and keep on growing widely i guess.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: