Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Cube fan speed for best operating temperature  (Read 768 times)
Starkz (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:11:29 AM

For those who own the cube, what is your temp setting and fan speed?

Is there an optimum temp range? What is the highest safe temp?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gunna01

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:19:57 AM

For those who own the cube, what is your temp setting and fan speed?

Is there an optimum temp range? What is the highest safe temp?

Depends on your ambient temp of the room.

I have mine at room temp, sometimes bit higher due to having my gaming PC running and i have the fans at 50%
baikal

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

www.baikalminer.com

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:47:29 AM

Hi,

Highest mining temperature that Baikal miner can bear is 70 degrees, over 70, miner will stop automatically. Once temperature go down back to normal, it will start again itself.

Recommended mining temperature would be 30-50, or around.

Fan speed should refer to ambient temperature.

baikal.

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:15:01 PM

Hi,

Highest mining temperature that Baikal miner can bear is 70 degrees, over 70, miner will stop automatically. Once temperature go down back to normal, it will start again itself.

baikal.

can we change the fan to have lower temp, so we don't get to 70° and the miner don't stop? is any 120mm good enough for this miner? what is the cfm of the fan that you mount on your baikal? thanks

LachlanS

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:27:38 PM

can we change the fan to have lower temp, so we don't get to 70° and the miner don't stop? is any 120mm good enough for this miner? what is the cfm of the fan that you mount on your baikal? thanks

I bought 4x 120mm Coolermaster fans, temps are low 30's mining quark and low 40's (celcius) mining x11.
I bought standard 12v 3 pin (not the wierd Baikal 4-pin ones) and run them straight off my PSU. You can get 12v >9 V resistor cables if you want to slow them down, mine are quiet enough I just left them at full speed though.
baikal

Activity: 129

www.baikalminer.com

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:58:34 AM

Hi,

baikal.

Baikal miner really not produce much heat during mining, the current fans is sure enough to keep mining temperature in a good range, unless in an super high ambient temperture. Changing fan depends on personal opinion.

like @LachlanS, he changed fans and make them get source from power supply directly. Honestly it is pretty beautiful of that purple lights Cheesy Cheesy(don't get wrong I not mean to recommend you to do so)

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!
Lumining

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:38:12 PM

My Quad-Miner (600Mh/s) is always running at the same temp even without additional cooling, it just stands there open-air.
The top Miner is at 40, the second at 38, the third at 37 and the bottom one at 36 Celsius while mining Dash (X11).
Room temperature varies between 15 and 25 degrees (Depending on how many chemtrails the government sprayed the day before Wink )
As already said, 70 Degrees are the max, but I can't think of a scenario in which the miner reaches this temperature as long as it's not in a closed box.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: