Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:23:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Accepting Bitcoin on eBay?  (Read 4227 times)
Chicago (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:41:11 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2017, 06:34:07 AM by Mitchell

Hello,

While I was browsing eBay today, I noticed an auction for some miners where the seller states "NOTE WE WILL REFUND ANY PAYPAL PAYMENT OR CC PAYMENT ATTEMPTED  FOR THIS AUCTION."

Is this code for "We Accept Bitcoin"?

Can someone state what the current level of acceptance is for using the blockchain to conduct transactions on eBay?
    What do I need to know in order to be a seller and transact in bitcoin?

Best Regards,
-Chicago

MOD EDIT I split your question from the previous thread (as a new thread should have been created for this question) and removed a line no longer relevant.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptolover1981

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 09:07:33 AM

maybe they just don´t want to get the money via paypal Smiley (maybe because of buyer protection etc.).

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
leademepls

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:21:15 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 02:15:05 PM by leademepls

Officially ebay don't yet accept BTC as payment if that's what you're asking. It is possible however these sellers use the ebay infrastructure to sell their goods, but not to get paid. This might be arranged by them separately. I doubt ebay have any serious plans to accept digital currencies like BTC at least anytime soon and even if they do this will probably require you to share even more personal information than when you use paypal for example.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:52:55 PM

Ebay doesn't support bitcoin as far as I know. You would have to message the user to see if they would accept it. The fact that this is a bitcoin related item means the seller may possibly be willing to accept BTC. But that phrasing doesn't imply that bitcoin is accepted to me.

They only listed Amex and Pay on Pickup as the payment options so I'm guessing they just don't want to accept other CC or Paypal payments for safety reasons.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:48:14 PM

I think Purse.io is one who accepting bitcoins payment where also you can see the items listed there that are connected to amazon check it and see what you want there its more cheaper than the original price at amazon.
cryptomartin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:31:35 PM

Not now but it is a matter of time when bitcoin will be accepted almost everywhere.
sheld0n

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:09:50 PM

No, Ebay does not allow to accept Bitcoin as payment option neither it allows to sell Bitcoins. I tried it myself some time ago and Ebay removed my auction.
A friend told me that it is allow to pay with Bitcoins on Ebay local marketplaces but I have never tried it.
solbiere

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:39:09 PM

Not now but it is a matter of time when bitcoin will be accepted almost everywhere.

Doubt this goes for ebay. These guys are nuts crazy in their hate for BTC. They are control freaks and everything happening between your ebay account and your paypal is closely monitored and they have constant communication. Accepting BTC would mean it will be harder for ebay to control vendors and according to them probably more scam attempts will emerge. Nowadays they can close down your vendor account for even having the word BTC in some of your listings. You have to be extra stealthy about it if you want to conduct BTC related business there.
andrexflounder

Activity: 148
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:45:31 PM

Hello,

While I was browsing eBay today, I noticed an auction for some miners where the seller states "NOTE WE WILL REFUND ANY PAYPAL PAYMENT OR CC PAYMENT ATTEMPTED  FOR THIS AUCTION."

Is this code for "We Accept Bitcoin"?

Can someone state what the current level of acceptance is for using the blockchain to conduct transactions on eBay?
    What do I need to know in order to be a seller and transact in bitcoin?

look at the feddback of the seller if you don't know him/her very well, usually a seller accepts paypal and BTC bitcoin ,
payment with paypal will be refunded means many times to fool someone....
I saw recently the new antminer L3+ for litecoin sold new for 300$ and no paypal accepted, it's clear that is a scam, the new L3 costs 1291$,
and whos is the idiot that does a discount of 1000$?Huh?
however ebay is against bitcoin and it's not a good platform for bitcoin business

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:12:22 AM

No, Ebay does not allow to accept Bitcoin as payment option neither it allows to sell Bitcoins. I tried it myself some time ago and Ebay removed my auction.

That is nonsense but i heard similiar stories.
So you can't buy or sell bitcoins on ebay, thats probably because its kinda "competition" to ebay's Paypal.
Its not really, but they probably think it is.

Whatever reason, switch to place where bitcoin is allowed Smiley
bitcoinstress

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 12:38:50 AM

Ebay not accept bitcoin if you want to buying something you can go to amazon, as i know they accept bitcoin.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:37:30 AM

That is nonsense but i heard similiar stories.
So you can't buy or sell bitcoins on ebay, thats probably because its kinda "competition" to ebay's Paypal.
Its not really, but they probably think it is.

Whatever reason, switch to place where bitcoin is allowed Smiley
Bitcoin is competition to paypal and it threatens the business model of ebay, while some may think the fees of paypal are bad, the fess of ebay are pretty bad too, and if someone were to use bitcoin instead they will not be able to charge the fees directly so it is not really surprising the y don't accept it.
Blackshadow007

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 04:35:43 AM

Well if you see any seller selling items in eBay like this you can report to eBay , This violate their terms of service you are not allowed to use any other processor than PayPal in eBay and if any seller try to accept third party payment method without eBay protection that violates their policy and seller will get suspended for that if eBay notice it .

sergio red

Activity: 414
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:59:57 PM

Is it serious?
I didn't hear anything like this, if that issue is true then i have to say that Bitcoin has created another milestone. Day by day it's getting Worthy and acceptable to everywhere.that is a fantastic job
creative~mind

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:19:21 PM

Is it serious?
I didn't hear anything like this, if that issue is true then i have to say that Bitcoin has created another milestone. Day by day it's getting Worthy and acceptable to everywhere.that is a fantastic job
I think this is something that was already happening for quite some time. I believe I have seen people taking such an initiative at the end of last year.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:04:27 PM

Probably someone who wants to list an item, but wants to actually do the exchange off of ebay to avoid buyer protection and ebay / PayPal imposed fees.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:48:51 PM

Probably someone who wants to list an item, but wants to actually do the exchange off of ebay to avoid buyer protection and ebay / PayPal imposed fees.
But would not you be better by using something like craigslist or something instead of ebay if that is what you wanted to do.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:45:52 PM

I think its impossible to buy on ebay with bitcoin never heard that they are accepting it but there are many alternative if you are looking for purse.io is of the site where you can buy amazon item as alternative or newegg or overstock that accepting bitcoin as payment just found here https://coinsph.wpengine.com/blog/2016/05/25/get-great-deals-on-overstock-com/
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 02:43:29 AM

I don't really think eBay is having bitcoin as payment option. The buyer may don't get paid via PayPal that could be the reason or there might be issues with his side regarding PayPal. Bitcoin can be used as payment option by means of several ways if he want you to pay in bitcoins. You try texting or email him regarding the options. Who knows he might get btc from wallet and send you the product you want.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

betlord90

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:00:46 AM

This acceptance has been talk by many people around here but sadly ebay doesn't look like they accepting bitcoins as their payment processor since im pretty sure that its natural flactuation are the main reason why this coin getting a hardtime to pass on their taste, We can't blame them for that since maybe they are afraid to lose if negative states will occur unto it.

But we have a third party site who's accepting bitcoins here maybe you should used them if you want to order some goods on ebay.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: