Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:03:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BAT - Basic Attention Token ICO (31-5-17)- Worth Investing?  (Read 65151 times)
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:18:39 AM

How do I get this token?
I have some ETH in my JAxx wallet, will I get BAT tokens when I use my JAXX wallet to send for example 0.8 ETH to the BAToken (Mainnet 0x0D8775F648430679A709E98d2b0Cb6250d2887EF) wallet?

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dollabillzbro

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:34:18 PM

ICO is tomorrow, bump to get discussion started. Are you guys going in ?
Any tips ?
Zechis966

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

http://cointedtoken.com/

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:35:15 PM

Somewhere in the whitepaper, I read that and I quote "Unused BAT after 6 months will be sent back to the user growth fund which can
then be used for new users"

Does that mean, I must sell my token before the expiry of six months... Huh

Only the rewards to early adopters are returned to the growth fund after 6 months. The BAT tokens you actually buy at the ICO belong to you no matter what. Read it again.

Having said that though, this ICO might be profitable and the developers seem to have merit, but there are a lot of setbacks for it to become mass adopted. I'll personally stay away.

So what this means is, 300m tokens or approx $12m (@current ETH) will be set aside for giving to newbies as incentives, up to 5 per user, and I think they have to be used for the platform so you  can't trade the 300m tokens on exchanges, but the other billion from the ICO you can trade and hold indefinitely

Zechis966

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:39:29 PM

Any tips ?

I'm going in, and here's possibly the best tip you'll ever get with current crypto market...its a bull market running on illogical fomo...which is good for anyone with logic. Just ride the bubbles up and down.

Obviously because they never ran a BITCOINTALK thread there's limited out there, but the guy created java and partially Firefox so you know hrs got the connections and likely the skills to pay the bills.

If golem sold almost 9 m or something in 30 minutes...and with mobilego just proving that the DAO might have scared people awaybfor a bit but not indefinitely with $53m raised, I think it's possible BAT sells out wuickly.

I'll be investing a decent chunk...gonna liquidate KMD and try to buy back in eventually

FlorentineNobleman

Activity: 519

vetherasset.app

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:29:15 PM

WHat is that ABI link?

https://basicattentiontoken.org/token-address-mainnet/

ABI Link (Mainnet)
BAToken.abi

tmurfsbaby

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 10:11:44 PM

Any tips ?

I'm going in, and here's possibly the best tip you'll ever get with current crypto market...its a bull market running on illogical fomo...which is good for anyone with logic. Just ride the bubbles up and down.

Obviously because they never ran a BITCOINTALK thread there's limited out there, but the guy created java and partially Firefox so you know hrs got the connections and likely the skills to pay the bills.

If golem sold almost 9 m or something in 30 minutes...and with mobilego just proving that the DAO might have scared people awaybfor a bit but not indefinitely with $53m raised, I think it's possible BAT sells out wuickly.

I'll be investing a decent chunk...gonna liquidate KMD and try to buy back in eventually

what does kmd stand for?
stefek99

Activity: 233
Merit: 102

https://genesis.re

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 11:15:16 PM

The guy behind BAT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Eich

It's going to be sucessful, I just don't have enough experience to predict how market will react etc...

OrangeP

Activity: 358

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:18:18 PM

Compared to the valuations of other successfully funded projects this is a no-brainer.
They already have a product (their browser is REALLY good on android - try it yourself!) and a VERY popular person behind it.

The token may 10x very quick.

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:32:36 AM

well they say its a hard cap of 24 million but that just isnt true, they decided to lock in the average price of ethereum from a few days ago which was in the 150-160 range, the plan is to raise 156,250 ether, do the math at current price of ether thats over 35 million dollars, welcome to the new hard cap range.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
Zechis966

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:42:57 AM

well they say its a hard cap of 24 million but that just isnt true, they decided to lock in the average price of ethereum from a few days ago which was in the 150-160 range, the plan is to raise 156,250 ether, do the math at current price of ether thats over 35 million dollars, welcome to the new hard cap range.

Still, while you can't logically predict whether or not masses of people around the world are actually going to invest, you can look at other projects where people did. And many of the hard caps sell out very quickly. I get it's 35m and that's a lot but I think they're also developing a presence in Asia which could be huge.

Golem sold out in less than an hour shy of 10 million but this is also halfway through '17. I'm gonna watch the contract and go from there...

Obviously this doesn't mean much, but I noticed a few of the test deposits on BAT address have roots of 5-60 million dollars in ether...so there could be some whales very interested in this.

in my noob opinion this guys' network alone will lead to the eventual success of this, it's him and another Mozilla contributor who founded BAT. This guys name is known in tech circles around the planet...not just one country

oaks05

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:54:37 AM

i agree its def selling out in my opinion, just wanted people to know that it isnt a 24 million cap like they said so those BAT tokens will be worth slightly more out the gate, i was expecting the ico price to be at .024 per token now it will be higher and i wont be getting as many tokens as i expected before because of this price rise and the new hard cap well granted of course if i can get into the ico, good luck to everyone who plans to invest in this project.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

......BOUNTY......
..ANN THREAD..
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:35:47 AM

How do I get this token?
I have some ETH in my JAxx wallet, will I get BAT tokens when I use my JAXX wallet to send for example 0.8 ETH to the BAToken (Mainnet 0x0D8775F648430679A709E98d2b0Cb6250d2887EF) wallet?

You will get your BAT tokens but will need to import your private key into a wallet that displays ERC20 tokens such as myetherwallet.com to view them.

Also, anyone know the gas limit to provide for the transaction?

raymonddaf (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:40:01 AM

I have a jaxx mobile account anyone know if that accepts the er20 tokens?

If not can i fund from jaxx then when the tokens are distributed create a myetherwallet and move the tokens to that?

oaks05

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:50:05 AM

WHat is that ABI link?

https://basicattentiontoken.org/token-address-mainnet/

ABI Link (Mainnet)
BAToken.abi

so is the bat token mainnet address what you send too when the ico starts?

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

......BOUNTY......
..ANN THREAD..
raymonddaf (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:14:37 AM

Also how do i know when block 3,798,640 is mined and i can invest, is there a link?

And to invest just send eth to 0x0D8775F648430679A709E98d2b0Cb6250d2887EF   ?

oaks05

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:19:25 AM

Also how do i know when block 3,798,640 is mined and i can invest, is there a link?

https://etherscan.io/ theres the link for the ethereum explorer tells you what block has been mined and what number they are on.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

......BOUNTY......
..ANN THREAD..
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:22:15 AM

Browser competition is tough which is why there are huge browser company that hasn't even made it yet, somehas offer incentives already for users to shift. It ain't easy making a browser popular and one mistake can end up a disaster like what happended to IE.
raymonddaf (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:16:35 AM

https://etherscan.io/ theres the link for the ethereum explorer tells you what block has been mined and what number they are on.

Cheers

Apollo777

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:25:59 AM

Fixed Rate at 153$/ETH Huh?!?!?!

Today's price is $220+/ETH.  Huh

I know for sure a lot of novice investors ain't gonna figure that out. Oh well.. make me 2x - 3x on fomo alone... then i'll run like a "BAT out of hell".

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▌▌  PROPY  ▐▐▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▬▬▬▬  Global Property Store with Decentralized Title Registry  ▬▬▬▬
  Slack      Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      Bitcointalk      Medium      Reddit 
raymonddaf (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:58:09 AM

Fixed Rate at 153$/ETH Huh?!?!?!

Today's price is $220+/ETH.  Huh

I know for sure a lot of novice investors ain't gonna figure that out. Oh well.. make me 2x - 3x on fomo alone... then i'll run like a "BAT out of hell".

Are you taking that from:

The Basic Attention Token sale will begin on Wednesday, May 31, 2017, at approximately 8 am PDT / 3 pm GMT / 11 pm CT-China. The sale will last up to 30 days or until the cap of 156,250 ETH (fixed at contract push) is sold.

Do you think that means the cost will be fixed at $153 eth x 6,400 BAT per eth or do you think that is just for the cap meaning $153x156,250 eth cap = market cap $23,906,250?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: