Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:11:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: So Bitcoin is better than Gold?  (Read 53389 times)
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:05:03 AM

One consideration that is often overlooked in such comparative discussions is the operational security required when handling crypto.  Physical security is important with gold but if you input the wrong combination on your safe, your gold doesn't have a chance of disappearing. 
Not necessarily an insoluble problem but user experience remains frightening even for many technically-competent users.

In terms of security, it all depends on you on how you will be willing to protect your wallet or your safe. I don't have that many bitcoins so I am good with web wallets and paper wallets, I store it on a flash drive, hide it maybe on my computer, and I'm good with it. I think in terms of security, Bitcoin has the ups than Gold.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:30:50 AM

As an investment its 100x better, as a stable store of value its much worse. Overall the pros outweigh the cons on bitcoins side vs gold.
also gold looks outdated when bitcoin looks cool ,
it's sounds not necessary but actually have a big impact to people opinion ,
with bitcoin it's opens a lot of opportunity to start business too while gold not ,
bitcoin gives a revolutionary financial system , gold gives nothing.
btctousd81

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 12:45:03 AM

offcourse, bitcoin is better than gold.,
you can transfer bitcoin online, and look at the gold price history and bitcoin price history and tell me which one's price is increasing rapidly .
and you will know why bitcoin is winner.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:29:02 AM

you can transfer bitcoin online, and look at the gold price history and bitcoin price history and tell me which one's price is increasing rapidly .

They have a lot of good things with bitcoin and there are some disadvantages that we are experiencing. But once these problems will be solved very soon. All of us will say that gold is only next to bitcoin as we will live in the modern world. Technology is fast phasing and we'll choose modern and digital gold, bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
snowcrashed

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:32:34 PM

So Bitcoin is better than Gold? Roll Eyes
Yes, for so much reasons, Bitcoin can be used as money, Bitcoin can be stored as gold Bitcoin can also be used to send/ receive a very big amount of money without any difficulty. Can you send million Dollars of Gold in just 5 - 10 minutes?
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:00:01 PM

Yes, for so much reasons, Bitcoin can be used as money, Bitcoin can be stored as gold Bitcoin can also be used to send/ receive a very big amount of money without any difficulty. Can you send million Dollars of Gold in just 5 - 10 minutes?
I agree with you, Of course bitcoin is more valuable or better than gold, because as you said, bitcoin is money and we can send and receive it easily without any problem,
Furthermore, bitcoin price is too high and it increase a lot over the years. also when we talk about sending a high amount of money, bitcoin is better. It's too hard to send billions of dollars with gold, but it's easy when we use bitcoin.

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:41:55 PM

Suppose as a Bitcoin price increasing rapidly in a market and the demand is getting more. Bitcoin is winner everywhere. Not just in a debate with a Gold. Bitcoin is unbeatable currency. Which is made a records in market. Now government of every country is going to allow Bitcoin. Like for future Bitcoin is one of most successful currency according to every each currencies.
cryt3k

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:52:48 AM

Both Bitcoin and Gold have their advantages in the personal usage and financial market. Bitcoin is easily transferable and exchangeable. Also, bitcoin converts into cash. There are fluctuations in bitcoin prices and Gold prices based on the market. I personally feel bitcoin is better.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:11:07 AM

Bitcoin is like gold and very better than gold,by using bitcoin we transfer and receive the money directly.Bitcoin works like bank also.we send money to friends easily.so bitcoin is very better than gold.
Prettygirl01315

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:13:52 AM

Bitcoin is like gold and very better than gold,by using bitcoin we transfer and receive the money directly.Bitcoin works like bank also.we send money to friends easily.so bitcoin is very better than gold.

In investment yes, Bitcoin is much better than gold as we all know that it has a lot of potential to grow but if you just want to store your wealth in a stock holding then gold is way much better than bitcoin as we all know that bitcoin is very volatile.
Nicho

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:15:25 AM

Yes, Bitcoin is better. Bitcoin is quickly transferable in anywhere. If you want money, you can convert bitcoin. Otherwise, you can save the bitcoins to make more money. Gold takes time to transfer and convert into money.
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:17:36 AM

One cannot directly say that bitcoin is better than gold because they are two different things. While gold is still miles away in terms of market cap, bitcoin offers a new technology that utilizes it as both currency and store of value. Would always be nice to have the best of both worlds and invest in both if our funds allow us to do so.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 07:24:26 AM

Comparing gold with bitcoin has been on for a while, although in as much as am concerned gold is still far ahead of Bitcoin in terms of market capitalisation because it has been in existence for long time now. But when one should take into consideration the shot terms investment opportunity i believe bitcoin is better when compared to gold. Not withstanding is better you "
1put your money where your mouth is "
Em00n01

Activity: 737
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:25:46 AM

Yeah, i think so. Bitcoin is the most profitable investment source now a days. It has doubled in it's price since 3 months ago and the price of bitcoin is increasing daily. So bitcoin is better than gold.

████████████           CYBERTRADE          || |   |    |     MMO RPG FUTURISTIC          ████████████
||     Twitter     ||||   Telegram   ||||     TikTok     ||
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:50:03 AM

It's hard when it comes to deciding which is better.

Both of it has it's own value.
Gold already well-known in this wolrd, but not bitcoin.
Even tho bitcoin has become more popular, it's still not as popular as gold.
R3ffun

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:56:03 AM

Yes. for now bitcoin is good invesment, bitcoin is digital currency in modern era
i think bitcoin will growing up very famous like gold
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:01:16 AM

It depends on the person, if the person is looking for a long term investment with 100% sure income then Gold is a good option for this on the other hand if the person is looking for fast income for both short term and long term(with risk if longterm) then Bitcoin is the choice. I said with risk in a long term because even if Bitcoin price is very high at the moment still there is a chance that it will go below 500$(this is the worst scenario that can happen).
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:02:14 AM

Yes. for now bitcoin is good invesment, bitcoin is digital currency in modern era
i think bitcoin will growing up very famous like gold
Yes I agree, I think the bitcoin is the best investment at this time, because the investment is bitcoin's most profitable, we can get up to 50% profit in 4 months and it is investing bitcoin.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

EthBooksPro

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 10:57:00 AM

Bitcoin is certainly better than gold. I had earlier read an article somewhere where they say that if you had invested 10grand in bitcoin and gold simultaneously in 2010, the btc investment would be worth $200m today while your gold investment would be standing at $9900. It's therefore a no brainer as to which asset is more valuable.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:20:10 PM

Bitcoin is certainly better than gold. I had earlier read an article somewhere where they say that if you had invested 10grand in bitcoin and gold simultaneously in 2010, the btc investment would be worth $200m today while your gold investment would be standing at $9900. It's therefore a no brainer as to which asset is more valuable.
In terms of investment, there is no doubt that bitcoin is the best investment because of its continuous rapid growth in all aspects like community and also in the price so if you have patience to wait at least 10 years then you can make a lot of money with bitcoin by just simply investing in bitcoin and keeping it on a safe place for a few years from now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: