Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:28:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: if a transaction can´t be confirmed will it be cancel  (Read 274 times)
donbu7 (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:24:00 AM

I have a few questions:

If a transaction can not be confirmed, after how many days will it be cancel and the BTC send back to the original wallet?

In case a address is incorrect or wrong place and do not exist, the transaction will not be confirmed and the BTC send back to the original wallet or the BTC are lost??

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:32:48 AM

I have a few questions:

If a transaction can not be confirmed, after how many days will it be cancel and the BTC send back to the original wallet?

This is a misunderstanding of how bitcoin works.

Bitcoin transactions are NEVER cancelled.

However, depending on which wallet you are using, your wallet may choose to forget that you sent the transaction and therefore allow you to create a new competing transaction that spends the same bitcoins.  How long this takes depends on which wallet you are using.  Some wallets won't forget the transaction until you take an action to tell the wallet to do so.

If a competing transaction that spends the same bitcoins ever gets confirmed, then the other transaction will become invalid and will be rejected by all nodes.

In case a address is incorrect or wrong place and do not exist, the transaction will not be confirmed and the BTC send back to the original wallet or the BTC are lost??

If the address is a VALID address but not the address that you intended, then the bitcoins will be sent to that address.  If that address belongs to someone else, and you know who, then you can ask them to return the bitcoins.  If you can't determine who controls the address, then there isn't much you can do.

If the address is an INVALID address, then any well written wallet software will tell you so and will refuse to send the transaction at all.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:12:57 AM

The wallet is blockchain, What should I do, because it says "0/3" confirmacion, so is not been confirmed, what can I do?

You should stop using that wallet.

Blockchain has a reputation for having problems with their software.  I suggest choosing any of the wallets listed at the bitcoin.org website:

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
ninche

Activity: 610
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:22:37 AM

no specific time..it could take 12 days to be cancelled or even longer,if not confirmed
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:01:32 AM

The wallet is blockchain, What should I do, because it says "0/3" confirmacion, so is not been confirmed, what can I do?

Couple of my transactions, after being unconfirmed for 3 or 4 days were pruned by the network and I got my BTC back in my blockchain wallet. And one of my blockchain transactions got confirmed after 15 days, the network kept relaying it. So there is no definite time frame, but either it would get confirmed by max 15 days or would be pruned within 15 days. Try to accelerate your transaction through ViaBTC.

Sent bitcoin to a valid but wrong address = BTC lost.

Trying to send BTC to an invalid address would not be processed .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: