Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:11:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Travel hotel with bitcoin  (Read 258 times)
mschwab (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 02:58:28 PM

Hi, I want to book a hotel in Crete for the following dates July 1st through 10th.  Family of 4, children under 7.  All inclusive-

I want to pay with bitcoin.  I'd also buy a hotels.com gift card and do it myself if the price is right in bitcoin of course.

suggestions please, escrow etc.. 

contact me
thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:01:44 PM

You can always just buy that hotel.com credits, just be careful about the scams that happen regarding these, as there are gift cards that were bought using stolen credit cards. If they detect it was fraudulently acquired they can cancel the credits on your account. Just do you due diligence on these things as there are plenty of scams with these.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:21:04 PM

Hi, I want to book a hotel in Crete for the following dates July 1st through 10th.  Family of 4, children under 7.  All inclusive-

I want to pay with bitcoin.  I'd also buy a hotels.com gift card and do it myself if the price is right in bitcoin of course.

suggestions please, escrow etc.. 

contact me
thanks

You can book directly in a well known travel site like https://www.expedia.com/ , https://www.cheapair.com/ , https://btctrip.com/ . I will not recommend dealing with travel bookers here who will offer you a discount because it may only cause you complications. It's best to book directly in one of the travel site I have mentioned and you can easily request what you want and what you need in their support. Beware of newbies account which will try to offer you a service around here in the forum ( I am sure there will be some ) make sure to background check and ask for previous works if you will deal with them.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mschwab (OP)

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:46:23 PM

You can always just buy that hotel.com credits, just be careful about the scams that happen regarding these, as there are gift cards that were bought using stolen credit cards. If they detect it was fraudulently acquired they can cancel the credits on your account. Just do you due diligence on these things as there are plenty of scams with these.

thanks for the advice- I do.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:28:21 PM

Maybe look into a Visa or MasterCard funded with Bitcoin like the Xapo one? That opens up your choices massively. I don't really see the point of settling for a deal just because it's payable in BTC when there are probably a million better options out there with fiat.
Sarafant

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:04:59 PM

Websites that offer hotel rooms don't want to mess with bitcoins. You need to search for rent private apartments and to talk to the owner. Although the problem you can always exchange your bitcoins for coins.
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 06:52:24 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2017, 07:11:28 PM by apoorvlathey

Maybe look into a Visa or MasterCard funded with Bitcoin like the Xapo one? That opens up your choices massively. I don't really see the point of settling for a deal just because it's payable in BTC when there are probably a million better options out there with fiat.
I also agree with you. There are lots of trusted services that offer virtual/physical bitcoin  visa/mastercard debit cards ( complete list here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410577.0)
It takes few minutes to set up a new card, and then load it up with some btc's and you can use it at any merchant that accepts debit cards.

Edit: Found this site : https://btctrip.com/ on google. hadn't used it though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: