Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:46:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will silver ever skyrocket?  (Read 3823 times)
asylum1 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:27:34 PM

people say it will go to one thousand dollars an ounce or more but if it showed signs of going that high tech companies would likely switch to cheaper metals as alternatives and phasing silver out. it probably would not sky rocket for that reason alone.

i think so many people have silver that if it did go up to one thousand dollars an ounce it would cause economic inflation.

am i mistaken or did i miss something?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Symphony_fr

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:36:36 PM

I do not think that silver will grow too fast. It can only be used for very long investments or for those who have very little money to invest because it is too cheap.

grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:42:11 PM

I really doubt it ever will, if you do have some, sell it and get some Gold rather, gold seem to skyrocket whenever there is a major disaster and it seems that almost happens on at least a monthly basis. Gold is the best investment for terrible times.

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1851

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:56:48 PM

people say it will go to one thousand dollars an ounce or more but if it showed signs of going that high tech companies would likely switch to cheaper metals as alternatives and phasing silver out. it probably would not sky rocket for that reason alone.

i think so many people have silver that if it did go up to one thousand dollars an ounce it would cause economic inflation.

Theoretically silver could go way up, but I doubt it.

There are various schools of thought on silver.  Because it is used by industry, and ("they say") it is relatively scarce re physical gold, that means should there be a squeeze, Ag could go way up.  Silver is the best metal for various electrical applications.

But, my money is mainly on gold.  The Central Banks do not store silver (nor Bitcoin for that matter).  They store gold.  Central Banks are not stupid.
CataloniaFM

Activity: 145

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:01:44 PM

There are various schools of thought on silver.  Because it is used by industry, and ("they say") it is relatively scarce re physical gold, that means should there be a squeeze, Ag could go way up.  Silver is the best metal for various electrical applications.

But, my money is mainly on gold.  The Central Banks do not store silver (nor Bitcoin for that matter).  They store gold.  Central Banks are not stupid.

I agree. It is most profitable to invest in gold. Silver can also come in handy in the event of collapse, but it will not be as valuable as gold.

lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:04:08 PM

It could go up and big whales monopolize the silver supply and then made it scares. Weird! hanh.  At this stage, silver is used in many industries thus it is industrial level metal compared to the gold.  The silver supply is in abundance and it does not hold same affection as gold or other precious metals does. But as I said nothing is impossible. Real life example, diamond. Diamonds are NOT at all scare and in fact are found in abundance. Just because their supply is monopolized, their prices have been marked up. In addition to that diamond has been cleverly marketed by Dee beers as symbol of love and stability [1] and [2]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yplI48hSt2E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5kWu1ifBGU

SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:10:42 PM

Silver may cost thousands dollars only in the case of inflation when couple thousands dollars will cost nothing. As a human with economic education I suppose silver will not cost high in this century. I just don't see reasons for that happen.
Kp4everK

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:40:08 PM

Silver may cost thousands dollars only in the case of inflation when couple thousands dollars will cost nothing. As a human with economic education I suppose silver will not cost high in this century. I just don't see reasons for that happen.

I agree. In the near future there is no reason for such rapid growth of silver. You can invest, but only for fun and for a long time.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:47:51 PM

Unfortunately no. It would be possible if the mines were hit by a disaster or the amount of silver in the ground was very low.
Silver is mined everywhere, because it exist in various ores like copper, so ore mining in general would have to stop for silver to really gain value, but then all metals would go up, so nobody would really focus purely on silver.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:14:18 AM

It seems it's not rare enough compared with gold. I think if you'll have your own vault, there is also the problem of storing it, after all, it's not as inert as gold. It could be more finicky.

I'm too poor to invest in precious metals but if I have money I'd probably buy gold first and just buy silver later (I prefer it over gold - aesthetically).

Since we've you've already touched on gold, what about storing value in jewelry? Does the same amount and purity of gold change in value if it's in jewelry form? Would jewelries appreciate in value over time or do they just stay the same, or worse, drop?
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:18:57 AM

I do not think that silver will grow too fast. It can only be used for very long investments or for those who have very little money to invest because it is too cheap.
It makes very nice jewellery too, so it has a practical use.

More to your point is that silver did skyrocket from like 2008-2011.  Now it's in the crapper again,  if you call $16.50 toilette worthy.  Might ve an excellent time to buy for those who like to actually buy low.  I have some but I'm sorta reluctant to buy more.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:59:18 AM

I think it has a good chance to be skyrocketed, silver is one of the precious metals and one day it will become scarce and silver being used in many sectors, so many things in our life using silver so when the market has a lot of demands then the price will go up

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:23:53 AM

I really doubt it ever will, if you do have some, sell it and get some Gold rather, gold seem to skyrocket whenever there is a major disaster and it seems that almost happens on at least a monthly basis. Gold is the best investment for terrible times.
I think the whole point in investing in Silver now is that ist is historically at a low Silver:Gold price ratio, as well as being more volatile.
The hope is that when Gold rises, Silver will rise even more back to the historical norm ratio and there will be profit to be made.

Don't buy into the whole $1000/oz rubbish, it could be $50 sometime again soon, but even that is far from certain.
There isn't a shortage like some people say, and plenty is mined as a byproduct.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:27:11 AM

Silver for a short time investment and that amount i think its really imposible at this time,see gold it didnt skyrocket that much in his past years so dont expect smaller things goes bigger than the big ones
corroze

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:36:43 AM

I think it is unlikely that the price of silver can skyrocket, if we look at trading in the market, because it may be more dominated by gold
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:10:05 AM

It will be impossible. Silver as a long-term investment. You must remember the gold is main actor. Silver just an alternative way to keep your investment on the stable invement. and silver is cheap rather than gold. and it makes every one be able to save his money on silver,

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
alexsamudra

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:20:00 AM

Silver is growing rapidly like a rocket but if the investment is cheap.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:10:26 AM

I definitely think that you are mistaken or you just heard some bullshit story from someone else. Silver will not rocket up in price like Bitcoin for example. It is a long term investment with very slowly rises in price as there is less and less on the market.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:35:16 AM

Compared to gold, silver has many industrial applications hence fundamentally silver has many aspects to skyrocket in near future. But you cannot expect quicker appreciations like how bitcoin doing right now. I never consider any of bullions for my investment purposes because I am fully satisfied with my cryptocurrency investments.

I think it is unlikely that the price of silver can skyrocket, if we look at trading in the market, because it may be more dominated by gold
Even gold and silver are trading in same direction most of the times, silver is having a separate market space and hence we cannot expect one to follow another. The appearance of dominance in gold is just a delusional, silver has its own cappability to skyrocket.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 02:25:37 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 02:42:02 PM by deisik

You certainly miss something

I'd rather say confuse cause and effect. It is next to impossible for silver to cause "economic inflation". I assume that you mean dollar inflation by that. But the reverse is quite possible, though. If dollar gets massively devalued (for whatever reason), there is no doubt that both gold and silver prices will skyrocket (more gold than silver, but still). This is something like a knee-jerk reaction. Whenever dollar weakens, even if only for a few percentage points, gold instantly reacts and silver follows

iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:52:12 PM

If ailver went that high a lot of electronics would cost more. Likely what would really happen is that electronic companies would switch to use another metal that is cheaper. Maybe even figure out cheaper gold transistors or something. But they wouldnt want to keep buying silver at a high price.
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:57:39 PM

If ailver went that high a lot of electronics would cost more. Likely what would really happen is that electronic companies would switch to use another metal that is cheaper. Maybe even figure out cheaper gold transistors or something. But they wouldnt want to keep buying silver at a high price.
Just like platinum copper aluminum and other metals. We have a very wide range in electronic equipment, but the prices aren't really affected every time prices of these metals change.

I think silver won't go up much, because there's plenty of it to dig out, but i've heard predictions that by 2030 we might dig out most of our precious metals including gold and silver and we'll have to recycle what we have.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 08:05:06 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 08:19:10 PM by deisik

If ailver went that high a lot of electronics would cost more. Likely what would really happen is that electronic companies would switch to use another metal that is cheaper. Maybe even figure out cheaper gold transistors or something. But they wouldnt want to keep buying silver at a high price

Transistors are made neither of silver nor of gold

They are made of silicon which is as cheap as dirt. Apart from that, I don't think that silver is very widely used in electronics nowadays. Yes, I know that this metal is the best conductor out there (you needn't tell me that), but copper (cuprum) is not a bad conductor either, though it is a lot cheaper than silver (in fact, the electrical conductivity of silver is only marginally better than that of copper). So in the majority of cases it works pretty good and thus is by far more economically viable than silver. The bottom line is that most of demand for silver likely comes from jewelry and investments (i.e. silver as a precious metal)

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:18:55 PM

I remember silver prices were soaring in late 2010 after that I am not finding them gaining any significant up surges. Industries are finding new mixed components to alternate the need of silver. Still India kind of cultures are treasuring silver next to gold.

We may expect moderate appreciations for silver prices in coming years as both gold and silver are failing to convince investors as an alternate investment types. Probably bitcoin might have replaced them.
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:50:03 AM

a few years ago, jp morgan chase bought something like 200 million oz of physical silver. jp morgan is the largest full service investment bank in the entire world. as entire markets are rigged, suppressed, and controlled by only a handful of people/companies, i wonder what they know/are preparing for...

🤔 🤔 🤔
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:06:42 AM

I doubt that silver will ever skyrocket in the sense that it goes over $1,000 an ounce.

It could definitely do that once fiat collapses but it'll never be $1,000 an ounce in 2017 USD value. I mean there is absolutely no reason, none why that would happen other than a huge ass bubble occurring.

As you said silver although used in electronics can be replaced by other metals if it were to be that high. There is no point for companies to keep using silver when there are cheaper alternatives around that does the job, but maybe just a bit less conductive.

I do hold a few ounces of silver and I'm by no means a silver hater. Just feel like that silver although better than gold is still impractical for day to day transactions involving small change, as it is not divisible as cryptocurrencies like btc.

Mometaskers

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:21:27 AM

I have a question about storing precious metals. I remember seeing in the news that in Dubai they actually have gold foil ATMs. I wonder, if you have a metal (say, silver) in two different forms (let's say, in leaf and in jewelry) they have same weight and purity, which one will increase in value later? Would the price of gold from a ring go down once it's melted down?

Jewelry seem to be more convenient to own since it's wearable but I heard they might not increase in value and you'd also pay for the craftsmanship on top of the price of the metal.

If ailver went that high a lot of electronics would cost more. Likely what would really happen is that electronic companies would switch to use another metal that is cheaper. Maybe even figure out cheaper gold transistors or something. But they wouldnt want to keep buying silver at a high price

Transistors are made neither of silver nor of gold

They are made of silicon which is as cheap as dirt. Apart from that, I don't think that silver is very widely used in electronics nowadays. Yes, I know that this metal is the best conductor out there (you needn't tell me that), but copper (cuprum) is not a bad conductor either, though it is a lot cheaper than silver (in fact, the electrical conductivity of silver is only marginally better than that of copper). So in the majority of cases it works pretty good and thus is by far more economically viable than silver. The bottom line is that most of demand for silver likely comes from jewelry and investments (i.e. silver as a precious metal)

Copper is definitely more abundant and is heavily used in electrical wires. Many people in my country actually scavenge it since people just throw old wires in the dump. We're not running out of copper anytime soon electronics to rely on silver. Silver has already lost most of its industrial use. It's no longer needed in photography and only expensive mirrors use it as backing and even in there it's not great since it'll eventually tarnish.
darthmaul

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 04:06:49 AM

I barely think so. Silver is really dusty metal and can not skyrocket according to me. People have tendency to invest in less risky metal or crypto currencies. Nobody and why should anyone take the risk of investing into metal like that which can profit you rarely. Saving it is not worth it, instead you can invest in gold or bitcoin (if you asked) and can get really amazing rewards/profits by the time you sell it in month or so. This case is revers in case of silver, it grows slowly drops immediately so no one can really make profit from that. I would prefer alt coins but not silver.  Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Przemax

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:02:59 AM

There is one thing that is certain. Every price can sky rocket when the hyper inflation kicks in.

Silver is considered just like gold a luxurious commodity, industrial metal, and traditional form of payment. Silver is an older form of payment. Gold was established as an internal form of payment between banks and special interest people, not so long ago.

Wealthy families have some traditions mostly, so they should remember the value of gold. I do not think that those families values the traditions so much to make silver rise in price, because like I have  said the traditions of using silver as money is tradition that is less commonly held.

Physicly it would be way easier to pump silver as the market cap is way lower. And the prices will go up in price relativly more in the shortage of industrial material.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:17:15 AM

I don't think it will skyrocket next 5 year, but the price will go up because now the price is really low, almost as low as early 2000. Silver has many application so it will be hard to increase as it will affect other price.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:42:01 AM

If silver will go up, it would have done so since time past simply because it has been in existence at the very beginning no matter how cheap it is, people who are so conscious of luxury,  will see it as inferior and this people constitute the majority not by volume but by value and this is what matters. The only thing that  will make the surge happen is if other competing items are now becoming unaffordable which I am sure the protector of such competing good will not let happen.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:15:13 AM

The possibility that silver will skyrocket in value will depend on the emergence of the need for silver. If the demand greatly increases compared to the supply it can possibly skyrocket and can overcome the value of gold. But somehow the possibility is thin since the production of silver is stable and can supply the current demand in the market.
g___

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 02:38:44 PM

if it showed signs of going that high tech companies would likely switch to cheaper metals as alternatives and phasing silver out. it probably would not sky rocket for that reason alone.

have you heard of graphene? it will most likely replace silver in terms of its use in electronics/technology because it's way cheaper and just as effective.

If silver will go up, it would have done so since time past...

why would it have gone up? PM's typically have an inverse relationship to fiat - when an economy is strong, PM's typically don't perform well as the perception is that they're safe haven assets. the gold:silver ratio is way off and every expert will tell you it's because silver prices are suppressed on purpose.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:43:28 PM

Copper is definitely more abundant and is heavily used in electrical wires. Many people in my country actually scavenge it since people just throw old wires in the dump.
Is it really worth it? I mean 1kg of copper is worth less than a dollar and you need a lot of these wires to make 1kg. I've been briefly interested in recycling electronics, but the amount of cleaning it was required to get a bit of gold or other metals wasn't worth the time, unless you're treating it like a hobby.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ekoice

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:14:56 AM

It would be a waste of time for us to wait expecting that price of silver would sky rocket.Silver is a secondary option for people who could not be able to buy gold.We had seen the previous history of gold and silver.From that,we could say that gold would sky rocket at many times and silver will not perform like that.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:20:56 AM

It would be a waste of time for us to wait expecting that price of silver would sky rocket.Silver is a secondary option for people who could not be able to buy gold.We had seen the previous history of gold and silver.From that,we could say that gold would sky rocket at many times and silver will not perform like that.
Indeed its really hard to say whether this asset can be a good one to be pick then wait for some time to make it much worthy but why we need to wait if  gold already performing im not sure if investors will make a good prediction and support this assets.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 07:02:38 AM

Copper is definitely more abundant and is heavily used in electrical wires. Many people in my country actually scavenge it since people just throw old wires in the dump.
Is it really worth it? I mean 1kg of copper is worth less than a dollar and you need a lot of these wires to make 1kg. I've been briefly interested in recycling electronics, but the amount of cleaning it was required to get a bit of gold or other metals wasn't worth the time, unless you're treating it like a hobby

In some countries just one dollar is still a big deal

Further, scavenging metals (if we don't mean by this removing traces of metals from solutions, of course) is not just about copper, it is basically about any metal which has some value (apart from copper, silver, and gold, it may be aluminum). And in some cases the question is literally about tonnes of these metals (well, at least, about aluminum). Some twenty years I witnessed the process myself when old and abandoned fighter jets (like Mig-19 and MiG-21) had been "recycled" as scrap metal by these scavengers

PokerFace3

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:42:29 AM

You must be right that silver or even any bullion lost their shine to attract investors by being a hot investments any more.

I did read billions follow some 12 years cycle like they do find rising prices for 12 years and next 12 years may fall down or remain stable. From 2001 to 2013, gold prices soared heavily. But in 2013 it found down fall now remains stable. If that theory is right, we can expect silver to skyrocket by 2025.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:14:06 AM

I don't think it will skyrocket next 5 year, but the price will go up because now the price is really low, almost as low as early 2000. Silver has many application so it will be hard to increase as it will affect other price.

Well I agree with you and its main competitor grapheme would likely replace it along the way somehow and that makes predicting silver's future very difficult.
Mometaskers

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:28:06 PM

Is it really worth it? I mean 1kg of copper is worth less than a dollar and you need a lot of these wires to make 1kg. I've been briefly interested in recycling electronics, but the amount of cleaning it was required to get a bit of gold or other metals wasn't worth the time, unless you're treating it like a hobby.

They just take the wires and burn them. Yup, it's cancer waiting to happen. Problem is I live in one of those lower income neighborhoods (still not as bad as the one they show in India though, the one near the skyscrapers).

You'd know whether they got it legally or not depending on when you smell the stuff. If you smell it around 10 PM, you can bet they got it where they shouldn't.

As for gold, I remember there was a time when there were people walking around, offering to buy broken SIM cards. I suppose they sell em to a recycling plant, or maybe just burn them.
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2413

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:48:04 PM

Silver and Gold are both being used in Industrial applications (silver mostly) but they also have a value of storage. (hedge against the FIAT system)

Copper or Iron don't have that storage value unlike gold, they are only being used as Industrial materials. So, average people don't buy copper/iron coins and bury them in their yard. (not to mention, they are common as fuck)

But, Average people demand gold/silver. Industry also needs it. This huge combined demand alone should skyrocket gold/silver prices to the moon. But it is not. Why?

Because the prices are being manipulated by the derivative markets. If they become too valuable for the industrial purposes, factories may run out of business. Can't let that happen. So they want us to believe that they ain't worth shit. Most of us clever enough to see that it's not the truth so we take advantage of their stupidity and buy PM's.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:52:30 PM

Usually price of commodity rises when its demand increases. In order to see demand rising, commodity needs to possess some special status and value. As far as I see, silver was/is never metal of any special distinction. Even poors can afford silver ornaments. However it is working as 'store of value' from many centuries but never able to make its place as 'article of distinction' that is directly relative to price.

/]..JAMBLER.io../]Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
/our-partners.php]      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
/become-seller.php]   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:17:12 PM

I think not, because everyone prefers to invest gold in silver appeals.
If the gold price is high we will sell will get bigger profit,  So I do not think silver can ever rise in price beyond gold.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 04:03:01 PM

That's less probability statement. Silver is not of interest in many people's list. Also people like profits which silver can't grab for them. Investing in silver is like shitcoin. You may end up with slowest possible profit.
PhucS

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 05:02:07 PM

Your question is quite good, so far we only talk about the price of gold, Bitcoin prices, few people mention the price of silver. In my opinion, I think that the price of silver may increase but it does not increase too much because silver has always been much cheaper than gold. The economic value of silver is also are few people mentioned, although silver is also fashionable, but people prefer gold more often. Although there are many uses in life but silver is mainly exploited and found in the process of mining other metals such as gold, iron etc. It is considered a byproduct and will usually be cheap. If I had to choose between gold and silver I would choose gold without hesitation
Pettuh4

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:54:46 PM

I think silver will keep walking in the shadows of gold and Bitcoin because its prices normally increases steadily on a low pace unlike its main rivals and again as a by-product of mining other metals it is deemed common and of less value than commodities on the stock exchange.
machinek20

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:38:28 PM

It is possible in the future, silver is being used by so many company to become raw material, and every precious metal will eventually become more and more expensive because the amount will keep on decreasing and something cant simply being replaced, some the company choose silver become raw material because silver got more advantage than other metal, replacing silver will need another research
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:01:36 AM

I think silver will keep walking in the shadows of gold and Bitcoin because its prices normally increases steadily on a low pace unlike its main rivals and again as a by-product of mining other metals it is deemed common and of less value than commodities on the stock exchange.

you're right. even way back, silver's value was seen as way inferior to that of gold and with the emergence of bitcoin, I don't think silver will have a good run at anytime. it would always be far second to gold.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:36:09 PM

It will be impossible. Silver as a long-term investment. You must remember the gold is main actor. Silver just an alternative way to keep your investment on the stable invement. and silver is cheap rather than gold. and it makes every one be able to save his money on silver,
It can only happen in a situation if the gold form this world disappear and the silver get some additional characteristics which resembles to the gold. Haha this is something funny man. Come on it is not going to happen ever. How come could the gold be cheaper and the silver be higher. We don’t see the consumption of silver on such a level.
cafucafucafu

Merit: 509

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:53:07 AM

Silver and Gold are both being used in Industrial applications (silver mostly) but they also have a value of storage. (hedge against the FIAT system)

Copper or Iron don't have that storage value unlike gold, they are only being used as Industrial materials. So, average people don't buy copper/iron coins and bury them in their yard. (not to mention, they are common as fuck)

But, Average people demand gold/silver. Industry also needs it. This huge combined demand alone should skyrocket gold/silver prices to the moon. But it is not. Why?

Because the prices are being manipulated by the derivative markets. If they become too valuable for the industrial purposes, factories may run out of business. Can't let that happen. So they want us to believe that they ain't worth shit. Most of us clever enough to see that it's not the truth so we take advantage of their stupidity and buy PM's.

The thing is that people trust silver and gold, and ultimately it's that trust that matters.

I actually believe that copper is going to be a great bet actually because copper has so many industrial uses and if you look into the history penny coins in the UK were made of copper and it was actually nearly an ounce or somewhere along the lines of that of copper per penny coin. This meant that people actually used copper as a currency.

But silver shouldn't go anywhere upwards any time soon at least because fiat is actually in deflationary mode atm or in the near future. But long term wise i'd go with either silver or gold. It's safer than crypto imo.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 08:10:09 PM

It seems it's not rare enough compared with gold. I think if you'll have your own vault, there is also the problem of storing it, after all, it's not as inert as gold. It could be more finicky.

I'm too poor to invest in precious metals but if I have money I'd probably buy gold first and just buy silver later (I prefer it over gold - aesthetically).

Since we've you've already touched on gold, what about storing value in jewelry? Does the same amount and purity of gold change in value if it's in jewelry form? Would jewelries appreciate in value over time or do they just stay the same, or worse, drop?
Why will anyone prefer to buy silver when the person can afford to buy the gold? This is very easy to guess because we know that the silver is cheaper and gold is precious so no one will buy silver due to the fact that the silver don’t have that potential as that of the gold.
litaf

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:00:35 PM

Gold is the more traditional method of investment. If there are any factors that influence people to invest in either silver or gold, most would choose golds so silver doesnt have a very high chance of skyrocketing compared to gold.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 12:59:33 AM

I agree with you.  The price of precious metals are dictated by paper contracts.  Meaning you can influence the price of gold or silver without having any.  And the paper contracts represent far more gold and silver than what physically exists.  Unless people demand their gold and silver in physical delivery, the true value will not be reflected in the price.

Now with crytocurrencies available as an alternative to fiat in the event of a currency collapse or something along those lines, which is usually when the price of precious metals would rise in the past, I am doubtful that precious metals will skyrocket in the future.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 10:02:00 AM

I agree with you.  The price of precious metals are dictated by paper contracts.  Meaning you can influence the price of gold or silver without having any.  And the paper contracts represent far more gold and silver than what physically exists.  Unless people demand their gold and silver in physical delivery, the true value will not be reflected in the price

You can't issue more paper gold than traders are willing to buy

This is a rule of thumb which derivatives markets (i.e. exchanges) typically follow. Indeed, you can claim that you can buy all this paper gold yourself via phony traders at lower prices (thus driving the price of both metal and paper gold down), but this is a very dangerous endeavor for you since by artificially lowering prices you may cause a massive run for physical metal (i.e. sell more physically-settled futures than in you have gold in your vaults). And if you can't fulfill your obligations following from these contracts, you risk going bust and sued in courts for violation of your promises. This is not so when you bid the price up (i.e. artificially raise the price), therefore paper gold may actually contribute to higher gold prices overall quite contrary to what gold bugs are typically claiming

kelseydustin

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:29:04 PM

they are too stable and I do not think that they can increase the price anymore. The only reason why gold and silver keep increasing the price is that the inflation exists and government can print as much paper money as they want
freeyourmind

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:08:42 PM

I agree with you.  The price of precious metals are dictated by paper contracts.  Meaning you can influence the price of gold or silver without having any.  And the paper contracts represent far more gold and silver than what physically exists.  Unless people demand their gold and silver in physical delivery, the true value will not be reflected in the price

This is a rule of thumb which derivatives markets (i.e. exchanges) typically follow. Indeed, you can claim that you can buy all this paper gold yourself via phony traders at lower prices (thus driving the price of both metal and paper gold down), but this is a very dangerous endeavor for you since by artificially lowering prices you may cause a massive run for physical metal (i.e. sell more physically-settled futures than in you have gold in your vaults). And if you can't fulfill your obligations following from these contracts, you risk going bust and sued in courts for violation of your promises. This is not so when you bid the price up (i.e. artificially raise the price), therefore paper gold may actually contribute to higher gold prices overall quite contrary to what gold bugs are typically claiming

From what I understand, it is possible to do a naked short sell, meaning you are selling gold that you do not have.  That definitely does influence the price of gold.  Especially when you can sell an unlimited amount.  And yes I agree if there becomes demand for physical deliveries, the whole gold pricing system would collapse.  But in the same way when a US dollar was backed by gold, no one requested to take delivery on the gold, and the bank note was enough...it continues to be that way with gold paper contracts.  Perhaps if there's a massive currency crisis, it would expose this.  There are individuals that buy and store physical gold and silver, but a very small % of the population.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:55:10 AM

It depends silver is getting rarer but one of the things that happen is that no one is mining silver, because it is so cheap, silver is mostly a byproduct of other mining operations at the moment, so if the price of silver gets higher because of lack of supply then the miners of the world will do their best efforts to get silver so I have my doubts silver is going to skyrocket.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:18:36 AM

It depends silver is getting rarer but one of the things that happen is that no one is mining silver, because it is so cheap, silver is mostly a byproduct of other mining operations at the moment, so if the price of silver gets higher because of lack of supply then the miners of the world will do their best efforts to get silver so I have my doubts silver is going to skyrocket.
Other than mining/industrial demand aspects, there is one big support for silver which must be considering it as store of value similar to gold investments. It is being followed worldwide. But obviously it is interlinked with the industrial demands for silver but we cannot be sure which one will be triggering silver to skyrocket.

Probably when gold will be skyrocketing, we can expect silver to start its rally. But as of now gold is not as hot as how bitcoin is attracting investors. So, in near future too silver may remain cold.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
betlord90

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:39:12 AM

Maybe we can't see for now that price of silver having some high jumps but surely in future as you said if the supply of it will be limited for sure the price of silver will increase, remember its physical commodities wich is usefull on other aspect of life so theirs no doubt that this one will go to its best level.
LevshaK1

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:43:28 AM

I do not think that silver will rise too fast in price, for this there is no special reason. It must become limited in quantity in order to gain immense value.

ivanpoldark

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:39:50 AM

Silver is the second main investment tool after gold. Because silver broadly used in high tech industry, and worlds fossil resources cannot be increased, but only reduces, i think the price of silver in distant future will definitely grow.
Awesomist

Activity: 187

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:12:47 AM

Once gold starts to go up (as someone said when inflation hits) silver will bounce up as well but at least twice harder.
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:22:51 AM

Silver has long to go before it reaches $1000 an ounce. For silver price to boom, gold price need to skyrocket. I feel it is next to impossible as for now. The highest being just $50 in 2011 i.e. not even a triple digits. I would say the current cost curve doesn't support this price. And regarding that inflation part, gold and silver has very less to do with that. Usually prices can go up in both the conditions. So, only inflation doesn't follow the hike in price. It can be deflation too. Or I would say it hardly matter.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:35:15 AM

Silver is the second main investment tool after gold. Because silver broadly used in high tech industry, and worlds fossil resources cannot be increased, but only reduces, i think the price of silver in distant future will definitely grow.
Silver is the poor man's gold. If you look at how it has been performing in the last 5 years, then you really start to feel sorry for people that entered the market back then.

But if you look at how the price has been doing from the year 2000, then it has proven to be a more than solid investment, and at the same time a solid store of value.

Long term speaking, the price will surely grow, but if I look at the available options right now, and then namely Bitcoin itself, I will not waste any time on precious metals. It's a waste of time, period.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
ariie

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:46:48 AM

I think for silver investment is still very doubtful because silver price is still too cheap,Maybe the silver price can skyrocket, but it will not last long, gold investment is promising in difficult times.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:52:52 AM

if it was going to rocket, i think it would have done so by now considering it's had a few thousand years to get ready.

the guys who tell you it's going to rocket are, weirdly enough, usually trying to sell you something.
g___

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:11:12 PM

Long term speaking, the price will surely grow

i believe so.

a few years ago, jp morgan chase bought something like 200 million oz of physical silver. jp morgan is the largest full service investment bank in the entire world. as entire markets are rigged, suppressed, and controlled by only a handful of people/companies, i wonder what they know/are preparing for???

Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:13:18 AM

I think for silver investment is still very doubtful because silver price is still too cheap,Maybe the silver price can skyrocket, but it will not last long, gold investment is promising in difficult times.
I think it depends on the interest of the peoples and exchanger market, it was the second silver after gold but I think the market will still be welcome as well.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:42:49 AM

Long term speaking, the price will surely grow

i believe so.

a few years ago, jp morgan chase bought something like 200 million oz of physical silver. jp morgan is the largest full service investment bank in the entire world. as entire markets are rigged, suppressed, and controlled by only a handful of people/companies, i wonder what they know/are preparing for???

Maybe they just diversified their portfolio and that's why they decided to buy that large amount of silver and much more because it's cheap, at some point the price could skyrocket, but many years may pass from those that have already passed and maybe even some investor could never see the profits in his entire life, for example silver often takes decades to see significant changes in price, perhaps the benefit is for those who trade large quantities of ounces, nobody would think about getting rich with one or two ounces only.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 11:13:29 AM

From what I understand, it is possible to do a naked short sell, meaning you are selling gold that you do not have.  That definitely does influence the price of gold.  Especially when you can sell an unlimited amount.  And yes I agree if there becomes demand for physical deliveries, the whole gold pricing system would collapse.  But in the same way when a US dollar was backed by gold, no one requested to take delivery on the gold, and the bank note was enough...it continues to be that way with gold paper contracts.  Perhaps if there's a massive currency crisis, it would expose this.  There are individuals that buy and store physical gold and silver, but a very small % of the population

Have you ever heard about the Nixon Shock?

The shock part of it basically came down to the cancellation of the US dollar convertibility to gold. Why do you think the Nixon part of the shock chose to divorce gold from the dollar? Because whole countries (France was the first) demanded the US government to redeem their dollars for genuine gold. It is the same with naked shorts, you drive the price down, and, quite naturally, demand goes up. It is possible to see how many contracts are open, and you can fool no one with naked short sells. Apart from that, short selling can kill you pretty fast since your possible profits are limited while losses are virtually unlimited (in effect, until you run out of money to support your position)

freeyourmind

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:09:06 AM

From what I understand, it is possible to do a naked short sell, meaning you are selling gold that you do not have.  That definitely does influence the price of gold.  Especially when you can sell an unlimited amount.  And yes I agree if there becomes demand for physical deliveries, the whole gold pricing system would collapse.  But in the same way when a US dollar was backed by gold, no one requested to take delivery on the gold, and the bank note was enough...it continues to be that way with gold paper contracts.  Perhaps if there's a massive currency crisis, it would expose this.  There are individuals that buy and store physical gold and silver, but a very small % of the population

Have you ever heard about the Nixon Shock?

The shock part of it basically came down to the cancellation of the US dollar convertibility to gold. Why do you think the Nixon part of the shock chose to divorce gold from the dollar? Because whole countries (France was the first) demanded the US government to redeem their dollars for genuine gold. It is the same with naked shorts, you drive the price down, and, quite naturally, demand goes up. It is possible to see how many contracts are open, and you can fool no one with naked short sells. Apart from that, short selling can kill you pretty fast since your possible profits are limited while losses are virtually unlimited (in effect, until you run out of money to support your position)

Well Nixon chose to come off the gold standard...I haven't heard of the term "Nixon Shock" though.  He wanted mass stimulus before the election to be re-elected, and that type of monetary expansion I guess wasn't possible with the gold reserve they had at the time.

It wouldn't be an individual with naked shorts taking losses.  It would be coming from the banks and federal reserve, since the price of gold is an indicator of the strength of the US currency.  The banks and federal reserve have an almost unlimited money supply...and losing even a couple billion on gold contracts is worth preserving the health of their bullshit fiat currency, which they can create out of thin air.
Jikalau

Activity: 241

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:27:13 AM

It is unlikely that silver prices will skyrocket.

People must be dominated to gold to invest rather than silver.
zeze18

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:42:04 AM

There is a possibility that price of silver could skyrocket if investors invested in silver and could boost popularity of silver itself which of course price of silver would gradually rise.
Although silver trade seems sluggish when compared with bitcoin trade that does have significant price fluctuations
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 08:08:31 AM

There is a possibility that price of silver could skyrocket if investors invested in silver and could boost popularity of silver itself which of course price of silver would gradually rise.
Although silver trade seems sluggish when compared with bitcoin trade that does have significant price fluctuations
That's true but I think investors would choose otherwise, just because silver is really abundant as a raw material compared to other earth metals. It is considerably useful for other applications, some in the semiconductor industries use it as a wire for bonding dies to the frame, something like that. It could be a good investment maybe.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Yuuto

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:15:20 AM

Silver has been a store of value ever since mankind discovered it. Its scarcity and electrical conductivity makes it one of a kind as an investment metal because it's been trusted by mankind for so long and yet there is some sort of actual industrial use for it.

Personally i believe that silver is going to be a good hedge against fiat, however there wouldn't be much apart from being a good hedge. If you are after profits, then look at cryptocurrencies and no further than that. It is very likely though that silver may be used in an economic collapse, but there is an equal or even greater chance in my opinion that bitcoin will fulfill the same role.
welshcollectibles

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:53:52 PM

There has been no price discovery in Silver.  The "price" of silver is dictated by the futures market and therefore is not reflective of the true physical value.  The question of when or whether silver prices will skyrocket entirely depends on whether the futures market collapses.  Until then, it will always remain lower than it's true value.  Wise investors follow what the big banks are doing, not what they are saying.  JP Morgan has accumulated one of the largest physical silver positions in history amounting to no less then 350 million ounces whilst holding the largest silver short position in history.  That's totally incongruous and can only be explained by one thing.  Short the market, supress the price of silver and accumulate physical.  They have the ability to singlehandedly and overnight, reset the price of silver.  The change in silver price will not be a gradual thing, it will be an overnight phenomenon.
BartS

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:56:01 PM

This post seems to imply that silver is a resource that comes from fossils which is not true, silver is an element of the universe and it is very rare because it is not as common as other elements like hydrogen or helium.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:36:11 PM

When i think about Silver market,i remember the Hunt brothers who nearly cornered the silver market by accumulating huge amount of silver and earned around $4 billion dollars in silver speculation and it was estimated that they had around hundred million troy ounce ,in the end it was a sad story as they lost everything when the market crashed.I am not certain whether the commodity market of silver will skyrocket just like that but you could see some movements here and there.
Weatherby

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:50:07 PM

I think China is setting the tone when it comes to the commodity market as they are the largest importers of gold and silver,i still think that the silver market is still bullish ,when Trump was elected as president everyone hoped that the gold and silver market will have a good boost but still we are yet to see that happen.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 12:42:48 PM

There has been no price discovery in Silver.  The "price" of silver is dictated by the futures market and therefore is not reflective of the true physical value.  The question of when or whether silver prices will skyrocket entirely depends on whether the futures market collapses.  Until then, it will always remain lower than it's true value

That's a typical gold (in this case silver) bug story

The gold bugs themselves obviously say something to that tune mostly. As it has been said a few times in this very thread, silver is unlikely to hike without gold surging first. Further, you don't really know nor can you prove that paper gold (as well as paper silver, for that matter) actually contributes to lower prices. I could easily claim the exact opposite, i.e. that gold and silver futures markets in fact prop up the prices for these precious metals since they attract many small time investors who otherwise wouldn't be able to invest in neither gold nor silver (even if it is just paper gold or silver)

radjie

Activity: 1778
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:06:42 AM

If silver can not be found anymore or can be said to be rare may be the price will skyrocket, But in fact the price of silver is still below the price of gold.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:14:52 AM

If silver can not be found anymore or can be said to be rare may be the price will skyrocket, But in fact the price of silver is still below the price of gold.
We're still very far away from not being able to find more silver, and there are enough quantities of it right now anyways that it isn't worth thinking about those kinds of scenarios for still a while longer. Silver will always (or should always) have a value lower than that of gold because there is a larger supply of it, and there will likely never be less silver than gold.
BartS

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:51:38 PM

We're still very far away from not being able to find more silver, and there are enough quantities of it right now anyways that it isn't worth thinking about those kinds of scenarios for still a while longer. Silver will always (or should always) have a value lower than that of gold because there is a larger supply of it, and there will likely never be less silver than gold.
Yes, we have enough silver and even if then price went up then that will be an even greater reason to begin to mine silver in a more intensive way and that will decrease eventually the price of silver.
Ctn

Merit: 259

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:55:16 AM

No. It has no reason to skyrocket by any means. The price is very less and the metal does not have much investment from the globe. Silver could have been best if it were used as premier/precious metal in the world. It is, but with pretty less volume. May be its not that worth.

Franky00

Merit: 105

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:08:37 AM

Theoretically, silver can soar high, but on the practical side there must be some kind of global upheaval for this. While there are no such opportunities for its take-off, but for a change it can be considered as an investment.

Basmic

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:26:24 AM

Silver will never soar in price because its too much on the ground. This metal has such valuable properties as gold so I do not recommend to invest in this metal. Now even the best investments are not in the metals. Cryptocurrency is much more interesting for investment.
freeyourmind

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:44:52 PM

Historically it does appreciate in times of uncertainty.  But even with uncertainty, it may appreciate, but I don't see any reason for it to skyrocket.  Cryptos will likely eventually be an easily accessible safe haven for money or currencies that become at risk of a crisis or hyperinflation.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:56:59 AM

Historically it does appreciate in times of uncertainty.  But even with uncertainty, it may appreciate, but I don't see any reason for it to skyrocket.  Cryptos will likely eventually be an easily accessible safe haven for money or currencies that become at risk of a crisis or hyperinflation.

Even in times of uncertainty, people flock to gold. Silver may be a precious metal, but it always plays second fiddle to gold.
There can be no reason why it will skyrocket (unless it finds some new industrial application).

syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:46:19 PM

I have not heard of any history that says the price of silver will skyrocket. I say it based on pacts from the past. So I guess the price of silver will not skyrocket. Maybe that could happen if the price of silver could pass the gold price. And until now we all know the price of gold is still at the top of the price compared to other metal prices. And that could happen if the supply of silver base material is getting scarce. With its rare supply of silver base material then the industry players who use silver base materials will flock in search of silver. And of course that time the silver price will skyrocket. But until now the supply of silver base material is still very much. So if you say that silver will skyrocket. Just wait until the silver raw material is really thinning

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Proton2233

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:52:52 PM

Silver will not rise in price. Once there was an attempt in car batteries to make plates with added silver, but it was not effective. Without the use of mass technologies and silver demand will be low and price will not grow. Too much in the ground.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 09:48:03 AM

I have just seen this again and what I have in mind is that when silver has been in need of people maybe in manufacturing companies, consumers (through silver accessories), and other application of silver. If the supply becomes small, probably the demand will become high, and the price would probably go up. I thought of this when silver had been researched to have a great application.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
nelsmining

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:11:53 AM

The reality is Silver will not rocket to a thousand dollars. Gold will not rocket up either. They are somewhat tied  to each other although not as much as they used to be. Having said that though it is a good bet silver could get to the $50 to $100 range. I don't see gold as any better bet on a profit margin. No one knows for sure. Your best bet is to diversify in many different things.
28days_ever

Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:50:38 AM

Silver now has no reason to soar too high. Silver is too much on the ground and it is mainly used only for the manufacture of cheap jewelry. To make money on it, you need to invest a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: