Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:06:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm selling all my alt coins and putting everything into Golos  (Read 18389 times)
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:33:17 PM

Actually this is an interesting coin I knew nothing about. It looks you made the right choice, it rose 5X from then.

Thanks, yes its gone up since I invested originally, but I haven't sold any. Golos is still way underpriced vs Steem

Steems dropped a fair bit recently though

Steem started dropping when the Poloniex wallet got disabled for "maintenance". That was 2 months ago, and I think when a lot of people realised they couldn't withdraw their Steem from Poloniex, they sold it for bitcoin, which they could withdraw. And the Steem price hasn't really recovered, because the wallet on Poloniex hasn't been re-opened.

It's a shame when exchanges mess with coins like that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentil (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:53:05 PM

Actually this is an interesting coin I knew nothing about. It looks you made the right choice, it rose 5X from then.

Thanks, yes its gone up since I invested originally, but I haven't sold any. Golos is still way underpriced vs Steem

Steems dropped a fair bit recently though

Steem started dropping when the Poloniex wallet got disabled for "maintenance". That was 2 months ago, and I think when a lot of people realised they couldn't withdraw their Steem from Poloniex, they sold it for bitcoin, which they could withdraw. And the Steem price hasn't really recovered, because the wallet on Poloniex hasn't been re-opened.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Given that Steem and Golos get crypto into the hands of normal people that aren't just speculators, I'm not surprised it's had that effect.

Its probably another reason why Golos is still so cheap

Live by the sword, die by the sword
catia

Activity: 288
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:45:39 PM

So when is Golos going to grow? You posted the OP nearly 4 months ago, there hasnt been much growth
Calangaman

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:05:25 PM

So when is Golos going to grow? You posted the OP nearly 4 months ago, there hasnt been much growth

Maybe he was just wrong

Never put all your eggs in the same basket
coiner495

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 04:00:43 PM

Growth of coin capitalisation requires much more than a fork of a successful project. It needs promotion at least. Golos seem to be missing something if it doesn't grow.

gentil (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:57:42 PM

Maybe he was just wrong

Golos is up about 225% since I made the OP.

Never put all your eggs in one basket?

What about the people that bought Bitcoin in 2011 and are still hodling? They've got all their eggs in the bitcoin basket, its working out pretty fine for them

solarrobot

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:07:44 PM

225 isn't bad, especially since it's been a bear market. Glad it's worked out for you Smiley

Steem in general is a slow economy.  I think it is expensive to run, or at least witnesses get paid a LOT.  It's code heavy, so things break and don't work, so a lot of resources go to keeping it working. I don't think Golos will be any different in the long run. Maybe it will really take off, but it's got an extra level of exit schemes for people who are just gaming the system.  That combined with developers not able to keep wallet's stable (wallets are offline regularly across exchanges).

I still hope steem (and golos) prove themselves, if not it will probably happen on EOS. I really hope that steem can port itself to EOS when it comes out. Being connected to a broader ecosystem will be so important to it.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:51:29 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 12:21:57 AM by Hyperme.sh

Golos is an unregistered security that was sold to some USA and EU investors illegally and it will eventually be delisted like all the other ICOs including Ethereum.

Investors are risking legal and criminal culpability for illegal selling on unregistered exchanges.

Study the facts.

Crackdowns are coming eventually. China just the first salvo of what is coming from regulators in major nations.

That’s an example of what is going to happen to all ICO issued tokens when the delistings come forth.

And STEEM is still trading on Blocktrades and Bittrex, so imagine the utter collapse towards 0 of the STEEM price if it had been delisted from every significant exchange.

Everybody going to get plenty of warnings but they will ignore the warnings of course.
solarrobot

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:23:00 AM

Golos is an unregistered security that was sold to some USA and EU investors illegally and it will eventually be delisted like all the other ICOs including Ethereum.

Investors are risking legal and criminal culpability for illegal selling on unregistered exchanges.

Study the facts.

Crackdowns are coming eventually. China just the first salvo of what is coming from regulators in major nations.

That’s an example of what is going to happen to all ICO issued tokens when the delistings come forth.

And STEEM is still trading on Blocktrades and Bittrex, so imagine the utter collapse towards 0 of the STEEM price if it had been delisted from every significant exchange.

Everybody going to get plenty of warnings but they will ignore the warnings of course.

Lol, the SEC isn't going to make ETH illegal. Have you seen the ETH enterprise alliance? some of the biggest company's in the world are behind ethereum (microsoft, jp morgan just to name a few).

A bunch of decentralized exchange projects are coming out too, i think you underestimate the adaptability of this tech.

New ICO's will definitely be scrutinized, but only if they aren't done right. This whole china scare is a good thing. Gotta reign in some of the bullshit projects there are sooo many.

bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:04:09 AM

Maybe he was just wrong

If you compare the growth of golo to other coin that were in the market at the time you declare your intention for golo, you will realise that golo growth is nothing. If not for   bitcoin, the price of golo will still be the same or probably lower!

What about the people that bought Bitcoin in 2011 and are still hodling? They've got all their eggs in the bitcoin basket, its working out pretty fine for them

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
GendalfTheFireRed

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:06:48 AM

Maybe he was just wrong

You may want to check the following article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:18:08 AM

China is an authoritarian communist state - they arrest people just for criticising the govt. Why on earth would foreign govts copy them? Most western govts are proud that they're not authoritarian, and in any case have legalised cryptocurrency.

Both Blocktrades and Bittrex are american and are not going to copy what some crazy communist exchanges are doing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
wordspavovv

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:27:17 AM

Never put all your eggs in one basket, you may find later something wrong with Golos. Be safe than sorry my friend.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
rudystyle

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:12:06 PM

Maybe he was just wrong

Most coins have gone up by at least 1000% and some even 10000% since May. So 225% is relatively low and can considered among the laggards. For example NEO was worth $0.50 on May 18 when you posted this. It has fallen from its record high of $50 but still worth $30 today. So a gain of 6000%.

gentil (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:47:40 PM

Maybe he was just wrong

Most coins have gone up by at least 1000% and some even 10000% since May. So 225% is relatively low and can considered among the laggards. For example NEO was worth $0.50 on May 18 when you posted this. It has fallen from its record high of $50 but still worth $30 today. So a gain of 6000%.

Why do people come on this thread and make up data?

You say ''Most coins have gone up by at least 1000% and some even 10000% since May. ''

The alt coin market cap has gone from around 35 to 75 billion since I made the OP in May. So how exactly is that an increase of 1000%?

And it doesnt take a genius investor to say ''oh you should have bought NEO'' in May. You're embarassing yourself making such comments. Thats like me telling people today that they should have bought Bitcoin in 2010. You don't say!

collingiusti

Activity: 153

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:44:17 PM

Growth of coin capitalisation requires much more than a fork of a successful project. It needs promotion at least. Golos seem to be missing something if it doesn't grow.

Golos is growing - in terms of users. I think the market will realize this soon enough and push up the price of Golos. Few other crypto's actually have users rather than just speculators. I'm hoddling Golos
bubblepop

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:28:33 PM

What is the future roadmap for Golos?
I remember hearing they want to have Golos based user issued assets (tokens) with the next hardfork?
Are there many other websites and dapps being created for Golos?
collingiusti

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:23:41 PM

What is the future roadmap for Golos?
I remember hearing they want to have Golos based user issued assets (tokens) with the next hardfork?
Are there many other websites and dapps being created for Golos?

Yes thats what I've heard. They plan to incorporate user issued assets similar to Bitshares
GoodOne

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:18:29 PM

Golden rule - Never put all your eggs in one basket
collingiusti

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:48:16 PM

Golden rule - Never put all your eggs in one basket

Nonesense. The people who put money decent into Bitcoin in 2010 and 2011 quickly ended up with 95% plus of all their assets in Bitcoin. And the smart ones havent sold anything
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: