Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:08:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm selling all my alt coins and putting everything into Golos  (Read 18389 times)
CoinEmperor

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:31:29 PM

I agree with the other answers - its very risky putting all your money in one coin? A crazy Strategy. Either you are just trying to hype this up and pump it or you really do believe in it , either way, spread your risk.
I learned this sentence from this forum of not putting all your eggs in one basket and now I have learnt what it actually meant. This is really important in investing or trading any coin. Before getting into field you must have to learn the whole and sole of that coin whether that is suitable for you or not. Once decided, be confident, but don’t just trust that blindly.

Sure, like this ''idiot'' that put his live savings into Bitcoin when it was $9 http://falkvinge.net/2011/05/29/why-im-putting-all-my-savings-into-bitcoin/

Some people are lucky idiots  Roll Eyes
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 05:46:30 PM

I'll soon open a thread like that why I am selling all my altcoins and putting everything into sonm. But never do that! It is very risky.
monica69

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:48:42 PM

the deeper explanation is yet to be unfold only thy yourself instead, you already have the idea so I'm assuming that you can now further research about their difference, and probably their importance and all.Coins are what we called the cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin etc. And the tokens are those things that have been forked from a specific Coin.
GaPR

Activity: 353
Merit: 13

coinBusiness / Gapur Ozdoev

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 06:02:43 PM

First, sell all your coins and invest in one, may possibly successful, is not reasonable. With the huge competition, we see the lunar coins, which seemed to be unsuccessful. The voice of the right, not the coin's sake, which is to sell everything. Remember the rules of investment never invest more than you can afford to lose.

{Dev coinBusiness -  🔹0x7bbd8533A9096d490B378f4c8fB226Fc0e05FdEb🔹 , }
cosgun

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:13:22 PM

pas mal l idee
gentil (OP)

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:11:51 PM

I agree with the other answers - its very risky putting all your money in one coin? A crazy Strategy. Either you are just trying to hype this up and pump it or you really do believe in it , either way, spread your risk.
I learned this sentence from this forum of not putting all your eggs in one basket and now I have learnt what it actually meant. This is really important in investing or trading any coin. Before getting into field you must have to learn the whole and sole of that coin whether that is suitable for you or not. Once decided, be confident, but don’t just trust that blindly.

Sure, like this ''idiot'' that put his live savings into Bitcoin when it was $9 http://falkvinge.net/2011/05/29/why-im-putting-all-my-savings-into-bitcoin/

How was he lucky? He wrote compelling reasons why BTC was a good investment years ago. Thats insight, not luck

Live by the sword, die by the sword
Calangaman

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:26:37 AM

What you'll find I'm actually doing is putting my money into a coin that is

A) Undervalued
B) has real world TRACTION

Nothing like Mona Coin which is just another shitcoin bitcoin clone

Since that date, MONA coin has doubled in value while Golos has lost 33% in dollars terms and 75% in BTC terms...
gentil (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:55:16 PM

What you'll find I'm actually doing is putting my money into a coin that is

A) Undervalued
B) has real world TRACTION

Nothing like Mona Coin which is just another shitcoin bitcoin clone

Since that date, MONA coin has doubled in value while Golos has lost 33% in dollars terms and 75% in BTC terms...

Whats your point? Its not hard to tell people what was a PREVIOUS good investment. Most alts have lost substantially vs BTC in the past few months

Golos will outperform the vast majority of alt coins in the coming bull market. Watch

gentil (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:49:40 PM

Today Golos is having one of its highest volume days in history at $141,000 odd http://prntscr.com/gwkeze

There were some days of $130,000-$170,000 a few months ago, but no volume anywhere near this since then.

With the recent Bitcoin bull and ALT today, history shows that an alt coin bull run will follow. And which alt coins?

Is the market starting to realize how cheap Golos is?

babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:56:03 PM

Whenever you see someone claiming to go all in into an investment or encouraging you directly to put all your savings or whatever in to a project! That should be a red flag!  There is no guarantee for anything, only time and perssive value make all difference in any endavour! I will not be the reason why somebody will lose money. So I will not encourage anybody to go all in into anything.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:20:03 PM

Golden rule - Never put all your eggs in one basket. Try to remember this!
It is incredible how people forget this simple lesson, and this applies not only to bitcoin and altcoins but to everything, most people have most of their net worth in their houses when the real estate bubble busted many people lost all what they had, if they instead bought a cheaper home paid it in full and saved the rest in gold or something, they will still have been affected by the crisis but they will be in a better financial shape than those that invested everything in their houses.
collingiusti

Activity: 153

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:55:51 PM

Interesting. Golos hits nearly record trade volumes and shoots up nearly 40% in a day.

And yet most people commenting on this thread only talk about eggs and baskets.

The OP is getting rich whilst ignoring the investment advice of wannabe Warren Buffets
gentil (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:50:27 PM

Interesting. Golos hits nearly record trade volumes and shoots up nearly 40% in a day.

And yet most people commenting on this thread only talk about eggs and baskets.

The OP is getting rich whilst ignoring the investment advice of wannabe Warren Buffets

Make that 40%  Cheesy

I'm more interested in the spike in volume though. Its a great sign for Golos, especially as other alt coins are falling and BTC is rising

gentil (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:46:42 PM

Golos pumping again in volume and price when BTC and most alts are falling

this happened last week to.

It Bittrex there is currently 36 BTC of buy orders, way higher than normal

Shows there is more confidence in the market than most think

I don't know who's buying, I assume some big Russian investors.

I think Golos might do Russia what Monacoin did last week in Japan.

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:14:19 PM

You are lucky if you buy a lottery ticket and win the lottery, but if you have specific and clear reasons to invest in a project you were not lucky you were a very good investor, I’m sure that when my investment skyrockets my friends will probably think the same but that is nothing but a self defense mechanism to protect themselves of their own failures.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:24:42 AM

Golos pumping again in volume and price when BTC and most alts are falling

this happened last week to.

It Bittrex there is currently 36 BTC of buy orders, way higher than normal

Shows there is more confidence in the market than most think

I don't know who's buying, I assume some big Russian investors.

I think Golos might do Russia what Monacoin did last week in Japan.

Any opinion on why GOLOS vs GBG? Seems to be an even more extreme jump in volume on GBG

meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:31:04 AM

You presented it so well providing us with informations you gathered and some links, Good Job. But just a tip, you should never ever invest in just 1 coin specially to an alt coin. Yes it's good to invest in it because it looks promising but coins are volatile so there are chances that it might fall or fly.
gentil (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:01:11 PM

You are lucky if you buy a lottery ticket and win the lottery, but if you have specific and clear reasons to invest in a project you were not lucky you were a very good investor, I’m sure that when my investment skyrockets my friends will probably think the same but that is nothing but a self defense mechanism to protect themselves of their own failures.

my thoughts exactly  Smiley

HonestSurfer

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:14:51 PM

One thing to consider is platforms like Steemit need a userbase to thrive since a lack of activity is boring so it isn't just a linear calculation of this many users should equal a certain market cap. It is a compounding effect.

Yes good point. Unfortunately nothing in crypto is black and white. But if you look at the content of Steemit now vs even 4-5 months ago, its better.

Also, I've noticed on Youtube that some channels are encouraging people to subscribe / comment on videos through Steemit instead of Youtube. This has only started recently. Youtube have started filtering a lot of content and its really making a lot of Youtube channels angry.

My basic thesus is Steemit is go to growing but Golos will grow faster. We'll see...

PovertyByte is referring to a well known concept of network effects: the more users a platofrm has, the more valuable it is for everyone in the system. Think of facebook or ebay. The thing is, it is really hard to start with a business model like this. That is why I find PovertyByte's comment correct: this is no linear game, it is very much a compounding effect that you should be thinking of. Which means it takes a long time to get started and get some traction.

Obviously I know nothing about this project - but why cant you just use Russian language on Steem? Or perhaps partner with the Steem guys to set up a Russian division of Steem? That way you could perhaps tap into their already existing Russian speaking base.

Anyway, be careful with investment decisions like this Smiley
gentil (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:27:44 PM

One thing to consider is platforms like Steemit need a userbase to thrive since a lack of activity is boring so it isn't just a linear calculation of this many users should equal a certain market cap. It is a compounding effect.

Yes good point. Unfortunately nothing in crypto is black and white. But if you look at the content of Steemit now vs even 4-5 months ago, its better.

Also, I've noticed on Youtube that some channels are encouraging people to subscribe / comment on videos through Steemit instead of Youtube. This has only started recently. Youtube have started filtering a lot of content and its really making a lot of Youtube channels angry.

My basic thesus is Steemit is go to growing but Golos will grow faster. We'll see...

PovertyByte is referring to a well known concept of network effects: the more users a platofrm has, the more valuable it is for everyone in the system. Think of facebook or ebay. The thing is, it is really hard to start with a business model like this. That is why I find PovertyByte's comment correct: this is no linear game, it is very much a compounding effect that you should be thinking of. Which means it takes a long time to get started and get some traction.

Obviously I know nothing about this project - but why cant you just use Russian language on Steem? Or perhaps partner with the Steem guys to set up a Russian division of Steem? That way you could perhaps tap into their already existing Russian speaking base.

Anyway, be careful with investment decisions like this Smiley

What already existing Russian user base on Steem?

Thats one reason why Golos was launched - there was none.

Plus by being Russian focused they appeal to a specific market

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: