Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:44:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s7 not connecting (red light and no beep)  (Read 592 times)
ppcarh (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:29:46 PM

Hello! I'm pretty new in the community cause I have only been mining for about a week with a couple of antminers s7 I bought from a friend.

I've been trying to find if anyone have had the same issue I'm having right now and I couldn't.

the thing is, both miners were working perfectly but yesterday I realized one of them wasn't mining at all, it had happened before but with both at the same time and it was an internet connection issue (red light, beeping every couple seconds). both share the same PSU. This time I got a red light from only one of them and no beeping at all (wich is odd) I couldn't connect with the miner with its IP so i just turned it off and back on after 10 seconds. Then they both started mining again.

It happened twice yesterday and I did the same both times. I was checking on them until I went to bed arround 11pm and the monitor started sending me mails at 1am that the same miner had stoppes mining but I was sleeping. when I woke up this morning I went to the room where I have them mining but the same miner wasn't mining. with the same red light and no beeping.

does anyone knows why is that? Has anyone got a red light and no beep?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
delicin33

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:12:56 PM

this time when it happen again, don't turn off and restart. login in to check the miner Status, check both fans' rpm, temp of each board
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:22:29 PM

Hello! I'm pretty new in the community cause I have only been mining for about a week with a couple of antminers s7 I bought from a friend.

I've been trying to find if anyone have had the same issue I'm having right now and I couldn't.

the thing is, both miners were working perfectly but yesterday I realized one of them wasn't mining at all, it had happened before but with both at the same time and it was an internet connection issue (red light, beeping every couple seconds). both share the same PSU. This time I got a red light from only one of them and no beeping at all (wich is odd) I couldn't connect with the miner with its IP so i just turned it off and back on after 10 seconds. Then they both started mining again.

It happened twice yesterday and I did the same both times. I was checking on them until I went to bed arround 11pm and the monitor started sending me mails at 1am that the same miner had stoppes mining but I was sleeping. when I woke up this morning I went to the room where I have them mining but the same miner wasn't mining. with the same red light and no beeping.

does anyone knows why is that? Has anyone got a red light and no beep?

Just curious what PSU are you using to power both S7's?

Have you tried running each S7 by itself on the PSU? Do they both work without errors by themselves? You really need to isolate the cause and the S7 that is giving you the error and not try to trouble shoot them both at the same time.

I would run each S7 on the PSU for at least a day and see what errors you have if any. Then you can determine which S7 is responsible. Then you can try to narrow it down to individual hash boards if appropriate.

Post back and let us know the result. Without isolating the miners and checking individually, it will be damn hard to determine a cause.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: