Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:25:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I "Do my own research"  (Read 1769 times)
Route66Retro

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Bitcoin chick

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:44:45 PM

Wow - I'm impressed! It is a rare sight on bitcointalk to see someone put that much 'business sense' into making an investment in cryptocurrency. Well done.

Thanks, I've always been interested in the stock market since my early teens. Playing little stock market simulators and whatnot, crypto felt like a better route to go when I found out about it. Although there's more volatility, the barrier to entry is lower.

But the volatility is where you can make some serious money.  And lose it, too.  It certainly makes life interesting Smiley

Losing is not my enemy...fear of losing is my enemy.  -Rafael Nadal
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shadowlpb

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 01:52:24 PM

Avoid ICO's step one.
Why ?
Because they are scammy by design.

Simple huh ?

Is a fucking PONZI or Pyramid scheme legit because you know the name of the guy running it ?
Or because it has parts hosted on Github ?
Or because it has a snazzy web site ?
 Roll Eyes  Cheesy

It's cute the band of greedy little noobs that show late think they know things ROFL

I'm curious, as I'm working a bit on a project at the moment, is it not possible that someone has a good idea and can't bring it to reality without backers?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:35:51 PM

Avoid ICO's step one.
Why ?
Because they are scammy by design.

Simple huh ?

Is a fucking PONZI or Pyramid scheme legit because you know the name of the guy running it ?
Or because it has parts hosted on Github ?
Or because it has a snazzy web site ?
 Roll Eyes  Cheesy

It's cute the band of greedy little noobs that show late think they know things ROFL

I'm curious, as I'm working a bit on a project at the moment, is it not possible that someone has a good idea and can't bring it to reality without backers?

This isn't Kickstarter or Gofundme or the corner for pan-handling.

Many of you are too young to know shit all about economics and money etc.
Ever heard the saying "The medium is the message"
Well the point is you need to be smart enough to see that the initial distribution is the most important part of a "coin".

The issue here is crypto got flooded by scammy idiots and children.
The adults know better and the kids just don't care.

Did you NOOBS know there was a time that ICO's were frowned on by all of crypto ?
Yup.. believe it or not there was a million Spoetnik's running around saying what i say all the time.
Apparently they all left or something.

Times have changed.. the kids here now think it's "Legit" if they are getting away with it.
It's all just a free for all for cash profits and schemes.. hey got an idea on how to tack a block-chain onto something ?

ICO IT !

Ya but are ICO's legit ?
Who cares.. i got my mouth to feed dammit !
Jeez i got trades to do man.. i got school soon yo !

I really do hope the govt authorities rip this idiotic bullshit to pieces.
You all deserve it big time.

PS:
Did you know Kickstarter has a ban on this crap in their TOS ?
Wonder why ?
..of course not LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:53:42 PM

There might be some legitimate ICOs with good ideas, but you have to realize that its the #1 target for scammers right now.
Its literally the new 419 Scam. (Nigerian Prince)
Everyone has "a great idea that will make you rich, just give us a little bit of money now!"
Investors need to do research before giving anyone money. ICOs need to prove they have good ideas and can be trusted.

Ten years from now we will be talking about the altcoin investment bubble like we do about the dot com era in the early 90s.
A few people will become billionaires with successful companies, and some investors will get rich.
Tons more will invest money and get nothing in return because the company was a scam or didn't actually provide a service that was needed.

shadowlpb

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 04:11:14 PM

There might be some legitimate ICOs with good ideas, but you have to realize that its the #1 target for scammers right now.
Its literally the new 419 Scam. (Nigerian Prince)
Everyone has "a great idea that will make you rich, just give us a little bit of money now!"
Investors need to do research before giving anyone money. ICOs need to prove they have good ideas and can be trusted.

Ten years from now we will be talking about the altcoin investment bubble like we do about the dot com era in the early 90s.
A few people will become billionaires with successful companies, and some investors will get rich.
Tons more will invest money and get nothing in return because the company was a scam or didn't actually provide a service that was needed.

Everything you said just makes perfect sense, thanks for the post!
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:00:51 PM

A lot of the time the best giveaway for a coin to be successful is that the devs respond back frequently. I like that the TOR coin dev responds back and his campaign mgr also really helps. Good teamwork on  their part for sure.

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:44:29 PM

Ha ha ha yeah we can hear a lot of times here on bitcointalk advice "do your own research"  and now someone asks how do I do that? How do I "Do my own research" . This is great, I love the OP, he"s briliant, great topic!
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 07:43:45 PM

For me it's simple.. i am waiting to see if the Bitcoin Killer comes out.
And if it does it will be blatant / obvious.

Ethereum is the obvious Bitcoin killer. Coin that even has chance to be a Bitcoin killer too is Monero.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:51:06 PM

A lot of the time the best giveaway for a coin to be successful is that the devs respond back frequently. I like that the TOR coin dev responds back and his campaign mgr also really helps. Good teamwork on  their part for sure.

I would shot a hole in that though cause at the beginning of all coins particularly scams the developer is like the most friendly reasonable guy you ever met, you don't like the coin amount? Oh let's change that for you, oh you don't like the name, oh we will change that later, thanks for the suggestion buddy!

Then suddenly just after the ICO the reality sinks in that friendly developer is never ever coming back. Lol

Weirdly I prefer it is the developer doesn't  care much about people's feelings and just talks straight and even harshly. It means they have no scam to sell.
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:51:51 PM

Nice list for research!

No Signature right now...
TheWallStreetCrew

Activity: 111
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:18:41 PM

Great list. So based on your criteria have you selected any choices?  Please share. Thanks.

First Venture Capital backed Crypto | GetCLAMS-GCS | https://goo.gl/ER9djG
Landical (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:23:04 PM

Great list. So based on your criteria have you selected any choices?  Please share. Thanks.

I've only invested $5 each in Peerplays and Aragon currently. Based mostly on my belief in both of the concepts they're pushing. I'm still working on making a more or less a checklist form for myself using my criteria that I can use when evaluating ICOs before getting into bigger investments.

Edit: But I do plan on looking at Exscudo, Mysterium, and Patientory using what I've learned and what people have added to in this thread.
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:28:53 PM

know how to do your own research is part of do your own research

the first topic, actually
BitcoinUKmedia

Activity: 261

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:53:18 PM

If you can be part of the pre-sale on an ICO that you have 'done your research on' and are happy with then there is a lot to be gained. Of course it always comes with the risk of abject failure but that's crypto.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:35:27 AM

For me it's simple.. i am waiting to see if the Bitcoin Killer comes out.
And if it does it will be blatant / obvious.

Ethereum is the obvious Bitcoin killer. Coin that even has chance to be a Bitcoin killer too is Monero.

You fuckin' Troll  Cheesy

Anyway i've said lot's.. you can't.
It's just not possible guys (to do your DD)
Sure research helps but it sure as hell is no guarantee in the slightest.

Really it's pointless to talk to all these idiots.. they are dead set on buying ICO coins for ROI'z.
If they make money it's legit.. they lose money then cry scam.

How coins work or technical issue etc are of no concern to all these idiots what so ever.
They simply plug their ears and push on..

Topics like this are simply about telling them what THEY WANT TO HEAR.

FUD first & ask questions later™
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 02:21:47 AM

You can start your research in the ANN thread here in bitcointalk. There are many info there about a certain, updates by devs and so much more. Also you can visit their specific website,twitter and even social media account for their current update. Also, its important to read the comment and feedback from this community, it can give you an idea how the coins perform.

Open for Campaigns
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:40:37 AM

A lot of the time the best giveaway for a coin to be successful is that the devs respond back frequently. I like that the TOR coin dev responds back and his campaign mgr also really helps. Good teamwork on  their part for sure.
And this can be perfect example of an scam. First of all they have very good premine, second, fact that they investing in marketing and promotions doesn't change anything. This way they investing in their pump so they can get better prices, and so far they holding biggest share. Shortly they will dump it.
This one could be called shady premine.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: