Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:26:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else suffer losses from Poloniex with no explination?  (Read 614 times)
shoutingorange (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:29:13 AM

I had a "stop loss failure" of 25BTC during the "DDOS". I work in information security I'm not buying DDOS attack for a second. I'm not buying that statement they released about growth, etc either. It's filled with buzz words and bullshit. It was probably written during the DDOS in wonderland.

I talked to an attorney yesterday. They're privately investigating a certain date range now to determine if they can start a civil suit against poloniex. They were quick to respond and eager to get as much information as possible. They're interested in both trading details and interaction with Poloniex's technical support. They sounded more interested in the ladder which I found interesting at first. It's making more sense now since their support has failed to respond to my request since I opened it 8 days ago. I started to post the attorney's info into the "trollbox" today. I was banned from posting no warning either. The moderator usually announces it when they ban someone and state for how long. I was silently banned which is just another strange occurrence.

Losing that amount of money with no explanation is obviously infuriating. Believe it or not the fact that they're giving crypto and more importantly blockchain a bad name pisses me off even more. They have no business playing in the decentralized playground. They define everything that's wrong with centrally governed institutions. If you're in the business of screwing people go hang out in the playground on wall st.

Below is the law firms contact info. As I said they were quick to respond. I originally sent a message to the info address. I have a contact there now. I don't want to give out that info without asking. I'll ask them tomorrow how they'd like the word to be spread.

BERNS WEISS LLP https://www.law111.com/ info@law111.com

This firm has a dedicated team they formed in 2013 that works specifically in crypto and blockchain technology. I didn't know that at first. I think I read they're helping coinbase with their IRS subpoena for personal records.

I also contacted freshdesk.com their outsourced support provided. I explained how terrible Poloniex's support is and and it's one of the main reason I won't be using the site anymore.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:40:49 AM

I had a "stop loss failure" of 25BTC during the "DDOS". I work in information security I'm not buying DDOS attack for a second. I'm not buying that statement they released about growth, etc either. It's filled with buzz words and bullshit. It was probably written during the DDOS in wonderland.
Right,DDos is utter bullcrap.I know people who have been in the similar situation during that phase but the charts never stopped which concludes people were still able to trade or buy-sell coins.I could be technically handicapped but isn't ddos suppose to slow the entire network down and not selectively ? If it's the later,we know what are they doing!

I talked to an attorney yesterday. They're privately investigating a certain date range now to determine if they can start a civil suit against poloniex. They were quick to respond and eager to get as much information as possible. They're interested in both trading details and interaction with Poloniex's technical support. They sounded more interested in the ladder which I found interesting at first. It's making more sense now since their support has failed to respond to my request since I opened it 8 days ago. I started to post the attorney's info into the "trollbox" today. I was banned from posting no warning either. The moderator usually announces it when they ban someone and state for how long. I was silently banned which is just another strange occurrence.
Good move.Take it ahead with them,open a thread in the scam accusation section to see if you've similar cases who'd be ready to testify.Their troll box is always filled with users claiming the money was stolen.

Losing that amount of money with no explanation is obviously infuriating. Believe it or not the fact that they're giving crypto and more importantly blockchain a bad name pisses me off even more. They have no business playing in the decentralized playground. They define everything that's wrong with centrally governed institutions. If you're in the business of screwing people go hang out in the playground on wall st.
Sign a petition to stop centralized exchanges.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:03:33 AM

I also suffered a big loss from poloniex by not having a chance to buy when there is a dump on the coins because if there is dumping situation in poloniex, the site turned to be so lag and i cannot place any order and when the coins pump then it will become okay. It is a big loss for me because i cannot grab those opportunities which can boost my progress.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:02:30 PM

I had a "stop loss failure" of 25BTC during the "DDOS".
I'm not up to date.

Was it "just" a stopp loss order that did not trigger like it should.
Or did all bitcoins disappear you had in the stopp loss order without giving you the altcoins (or other way round)?

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:12:30 PM

I did read that they are already being investigated for insider trading. Burns Weiss LLP is looking into it so I'll asume that if anything comes of it you'll be one of the ones to speak up. I'd read up on it more so you have an idea of what you need to do, and possibly even reach out the them with your claim in case they need more evidence.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:27:07 PM

I did read that they are already being investigated for insider trading. Burns Weiss LLP is looking into it so I'll asume that if anything comes of it you'll be one of the ones to speak up. I'd read up on it more so you have an idea of what you need to do, and possibly even reach out the them with your claim in case they need more evidence.

but there are no laws against insider trading when it comes to crypto. there's pretty much no laws about anything. you're voluntarily using a service that guarantees nothing.
notabeliever

Activity: 722
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:29:21 PM

As for me I had cancelled a buy order that was shown to be excepted by polo and the btc showed up in my account then 3 min later the buy order was triggered then 3 min later the polo website froze. So yes we have a problem here
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:36:29 PM

but there are no laws against insider trading when it comes to crypto. there's pretty much no laws about anything. you're voluntarily using a service that guarantees nothing.

There are a lot of anecdotal cases of missing funds, funds held indefinitely without explanation. I won't be the least surprised if Polo is pumping these shit coins.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:38:39 PM

There are a lot of anecdotal cases of missing funds, funds held indefinitely without explanation. I won't be the least surprised if Polo is pumping these shit coins.

probably. check all the delisting pumps. but there's no law against that. they can also hide behind establishing ownership when it comes to delays and so on, let alone all the ddos stuff.

it's not a bank, it's not a regulated trading platform. it's some guy's website where you're swapping imaginary numbers.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:52:33 PM

I also suffered a big loss from poloniex by not having a chance to buy when there is a dump on the coins because if there is dumping situation in poloniex, the site turned to be so lag and i cannot place any order and when the coins pump then it will become okay. It is a big loss for me because i cannot grab those opportunities which can boost my progress.

This happened to me alot.  So many crazy things has been happening on the Poloniex platform lately. Just hope it is not an inside job. Maybe suing them will put an end to the madness
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: