Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2018, 09:35:56 PM *
News: ♦♦ Bitcoin Core users must update to 0.16.3 [Torrent]. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best/safest bitcoin wallet? (noob)  (Read 12301 times)
dreamtunnel

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:18:12 AM

Hi guys, noob here. I have asked a friend to buy my first bitcoin and I plan to buy many more. I want to know what is the safest and easiest way to store my coins, I have been googling online stores and desktop wallets, there are so many to choose from and its all very overwhelming, so I thought it would be an idea to ask people with experience.

I should mention that I am in Vietnam and ideally I would like to use coinbase, but it doesnt operate here.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Einax Airdrops and Bounties made easy! List your ERC-20 token
FREE
ETH markets launching soon!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:20:45 AM

Online or offline?

Lots of people use Blockchain and Bitgo online wallets.

However, I always recommend cold storage option, paper wallet or hardware wallet.

For example, this.

https://www.ledgerwallet.com/

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
wumBowo

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

WeiDex - TURN YOUR WEI INTO ETHERS

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 06:24:37 AM

Hi guys, noob here. I have asked a friend to buy my first bitcoin and I plan to buy many more. I want to know what is the safest and easiest way to store my coins, I have been googling online stores and desktop wallets, there are so many to choose from and its all very overwhelming, so I thought it would be an idea to ask people with experience.

I should mention that I am in Vietnam and ideally I would like to use coinbase, but it doesnt operate here.

Thanks
you can take a look here blockchain.info for an online wallet, since you can customize your fees, and you can keep your private key(with some ways that you can found on google) and restore it whenever the website have some troubles

██████████                    █████████
 ████████▀       ████        ▀████████
  ███████       ███████        ██████
   ███████     █████████      ██████
    ███████   ███████████    ██████
     ███████   ▀▀█████████  ██████
      ███████████    ████████████
       ███████████    ██████████
        █████████      ████████
         ███████        ██████
          █████          ███
weiDex||
WHITEPAPER
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████████████████▀▀  ██ █
█ █████████████▀▀      ██ █
█ █████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██ █
█ █████▀▀     ▄█▀     ███ █
█ █▀▀       ▄█▀       ███ █
█ ███▄    ▄█▀         ███ █
█ ██████  █          ████ █
█ ██████  █ ▄███▄▄   ████ █
█ ████████████████▄▄▄████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM
FACEBOOKWEBSITE
TWITTER     ⚫ BITCOINTALK
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:25:24 AM

just choose core, and do a backup of the blockchain to not download everythign again in the future, add --prone 4GB to have enough time to swap another wallet and you are done

don't choose any online wallet they ar enot as a secure as your cold storage, keep the biggest part of your coin outside of the internet and a small amount online with your desktop wallet
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:26:05 AM

I suggest you to use Electrum. It's easy to use and, used in a proper way, can guarantee the best safety.

Also, it has a seed which enables you to restore your coins even if you damage the PC/USB where you put it...
wumBowo

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 06:33:33 AM

just choose core, and do a backup of the blockchain to not download everythign again in the future, add --prone 4GB to have enough time to swap another wallet and you are done

don't choose any online wallet they ar enot as a secure as your cold storage, keep the biggest part of your coin outside of the internet and a small amount online with your desktop wallet
i wanted to know how the cold storage workings, do we need to download all the blockchain network in order to make some transactions in/out the wallets? or just sent directly and the balance in our cold wallet will be available after the txid got some confimartions

████████▀       ████        ▀████████
  ███████       ███████        ██████
   ███████     █████████      ██████
    ███████   ███████████    ██████
     ███████   ▀▀█████████  ██████
        █████████      ████████
         ███████        ██████
          █████          ███
weiDex||
WHITEPAPER
|
█ █████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██ █
█ █████▀▀     ▄█▀     ███ █
█ █▀▀       ▄█▀       ███ █
█ ███▄    ▄█▀         ███ █
█ ██████  █ ▄███▄▄   ████ █
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM
FACEBOOKWEBSITE
TWITTER     ⚫ BITCOINTALK
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:48:54 AM

Since you are a noob, you can go for the Blockchain.info online wallet. It is safe (never hacked since its inception), very simple to use, and quite user friendly. I have been using them for the past several years, and never faced a single issue till now.

████████▀       ████        ▀████████
  ███████       ███████        ██████
   ███████     █████████      ██████
    ███████   ███████████    ██████
     ███████   ▀▀█████████  ██████
        █████████      ████████
         ███████        ██████
          █████          ███
weiDex||.WHITEPAPER.|
█ █████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██ █
█ █████▀▀     ▄█▀     ███ █
█ █▀▀       ▄█▀       ███ █
█ ███▄    ▄█▀         ███ █
█ ██████  █ ▄███▄▄   ████ █
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM
FACEBOOKWEBSITE
TWITTER     ⚫ BITCOINTALK
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:52:04 AM

I am using blockchain.info but you may have lots of issues later on specially due to their buggy fee recommendation system. So right now I have found jaxx and electrum as quite good bitcoin wallet, you can use either of them. But if you like to store large number of bitcoin than you should use Trezor like hardware wallet or simple paper wallet printed in offline computer.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
deadsilent

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:31:41 AM

Its still depends on user. Even its the safest wallet doesn't mean you can't lose your bitcoin. Bitcoin wallets aren't fool proof. As i said its up to the user how he protect his bitcoins. A lot of factors can cause your bitcoin lost. Like your PC is infected with virus and malwares. A lot of bitcoin users are victim of this. So be careful.

ANN
WHITE PAPER
  IGT - SUCCESSFULLY WORKING EXCHANGE   
▄████████▄
████████████
████    ████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██    ██                ██    █
██    ██      ████      ██    █
██    ██      █  █      ██    █
████████████████████████████████
▄            █  █            ▄
██            ▀██▀            █
██                            █
▀████████████████████████████▀
PRIVATE SALE IS DONE
50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED
▄▄▄▄          ▄█████▄
▄███▀██▄      ▄██▀   ██
▀██   ▀██   ▄██▀    ▄██
▀██▄  ██▄ ▄██    ▄███▀
▀██████▄███████▀▀
██████████████████████████
██        ██████        ██
██        ██████        ██
██████████████████████████
██      ██████      ██
██      ██████      ██
██      ██████      ██
██      ██████      ██
██████████████████████
██████████
███        ███
██     ██▄▄   ██
██▀  ▄████▀▀   ▀██
████████    ▀▀██▄     ███████
██    ▀██   ▄▄████   ██▀  ███
█████████████████████████████
██                        ███
██                        ████▄
██                ▄████████████
██                ██  ██    ███
██                ▀███████████▀
██                        ███
▀███████████████████████████
LIFETIME
PASSIVE INCOME
slackcryptoz

Activity: 407

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:29:41 PM

Blockchain wallet is suggested to me by one of my friend who is already using bitcoin and have hands of usage on different wallets available.

░███▄
                   ░██████
                    ▀████▀

░▄███▒          ▒███▄▒
    ░█████▒         █████▒
    ░█████▒         █████▒
    ░█████▒         █████▒
    ░█████▒         █████▒
    ░█████▒  ▄██▄   █████▒
    ░█████▒ ██████ ░█████▒
    ░█████▒  ████▀ ░█████▒
     ▒██████▄    ▄██████▒▒
      ░████████████████▒▒
        ░███████████▒▒▒
            ░▀▀▀▀▀▀
KuBitX████████
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██████
██  ██████
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
████████
Qartada

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

BlockWake.com Bitcoin Doubler

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 03:37:39 PM

If you're new, don't use the Blockchain wallet.

Its fee estimation is terrible and is known for severe bugs.  Your funds are not fully safe in online wallets, not even in the more reputable ones.

The ideal option if you're not technically proficient would be to use a hardware wallet like a TREZOR or Ledger and connect it to a popular software wallet.  TREZOR, for example, is compatible with Electrum so you can use a simple user interface with extremely secure funds that are safe even if your computer gets a virus.

chain_chain

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:13:42 PM

Jaxx and Electrum. If you really care about security i'll recommend to use some hardware wallets. As already said https://trezor.io or https://www.ledgerwallet.com
jerry23

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:10:56 AM

Thanks
well i guess the best wallet for me now is the jaxx.io that is the safest wallet for me now because your the only one who can know your passphrase even the admin dont know that its up to you if you lost your passphrase
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:10:35 AM

Thanks
well i guess the best wallet for me now is the jaxx.io that is the safest wallet for me now because your the only one who can know your passphrase even the admin dont know that its up to you if you lost your passphrase

That is wrong. Even in Electrum admin or no one else knows the passphrase but only you, and it is randomly generated when you install Electrum. Electrum has better support than Jaxx and has had little problems compared with the complaints regarding jaxx wallet here. In the end is your choice but if you value your bitcoins better stick with Electrum or buy a cheap hardware wallet.
No.14

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 12:07:27 PM

Thanks
Paper wallet or Hardware wallet can be the safest but no system is safe 100%
lateralus55

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:13:17 PM

Found an interesting comparison of bitcoin wallets for 2017 here https://99bitcoins.com/best-bitcoin-wallet-2015-bitcoin-wallets-comparison-review/
Compares features, rating, security and more. Hope it helps.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1036

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 04:22:46 PM

As a new user it never hurts to get started right by using a hardware wallet so you don't have to worry about malware. Trezor and Nano S are both good if a little complicated to use for someone new to bitcoin. One of the Bitcoin Core developers developed and sells the Digital Bitbox bitcoin hardware wallet which is very easy to use and just as secure as the others. Less expensive also.

john2231

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

I'm bitcoin forever.

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:18:36 PM

If you really want your bitcoin to be in safe place like other said trezor or ledger nano but much recommended is trezor because its immune in viruses and key loggers. .it is good for offline wallet..
You can also use safety desktop wallet like electrum because you can export your private keys that you can import to other bitcoin wallet once electrum is down or closed.. and for online wallet blockchain same that you can export your private key.
those are i think are safety place to save bitcoin for a long time. But i still recommend trezor wallet because its more secured than the other wallet if you want to hold for a longer time it can help you save and thinking that your bitcoin are in safe place.

Bull Market is coming....
HCP

Activity: 728
Merit: 923

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:35:05 AM

If you really want your bitcoin to be in safe place like other said trezor or ledger nano but much recommended is trezor because its immune in viruses and key loggers. .it is good for offline wallet..
You can also use safety desktop wallet like electrum because you can export your private keys that you can import to other bitcoin wallet once electrum is down or closed.. and for online wallet blockchain same that you can export your private key.
Except for the advise about blockchain.info then I would agree with this. Online wallets are really not a good idea... even tho b.info gives you the 12 word seed (and therefore the ability to recover your private keys) it is poorly coded, has had numerous bugs and issues and the support is terrible.

If you're serious at all about bitcoin, forget all "online" (aka Web) wallets... Hardware wallets or a good desktop wallet like Core or Electrum are the way to go.

leyton11

Activity: 355

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:52:51 AM

Thanks
If you usually shoping or need sending Bitcoin. I recommend you should use desktop wallet as Bitcoin Core (full node) or Electrum (light wallet very helpful for PC not have storage for sync Blockchain as Bitcoin Core) because you can have private key and can keep it in long time.
Best choice for keep your Bitcoin safest is hard wallet as Ledger or TREZOR, you can buy in homepage this device if you from Vietnam, don't try buy products in your country, shipping from genuine manufacturer better than and safe
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.