Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:45:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any future for Dogecoin?  (Read 4799 times)
MacT

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:15:43 AM

no real future as a store of value or investment, but should the small community reinvigorate with more new uses for it the doge could live on years more.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:30:57 AM

no real future as a store of value or investment, but should the small community reinvigorate with more new uses for it the doge could live on years more.
Doge has no real future since it was created as a representation of a meme in the first place so it is not created to have a future but I still think it did great because it had lasted for years and might continue to be years more. It can be a good coin too if the price is low I can buy and wait for some period of time eventually I will profit from it anyway. Also, doge is nice to use in gambling particularly in crypto-games.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:11:56 AM

Doge have a huge ampunt of supply so expecting for it on big price in the future is kinda impossible. 1k satoshi is already big enough for doge to achieve but if you dream that it will match like ethereum or litecoin then you are definitely just dreaming.
But do not underestimate the market manipulators, some 2 to 3 weeks back dogecoin was trading below 20 satoshi and now trading around 78 satoshi. Anything may happen but I am sure it may come back to origin points too. So, dogecoins are good for trading and not for planning up for futures.

not much potential. relatively stable between 0.00000076 and 0.00000078.
In recent times, it went down up to 71 satoshi in few exchanges. But compared to many other established coins, doge stays stable.

Although DOGE is 0.0000008 right now I agree with you that it is relatively stable in BTC for the last month. What we can definitely say about DOGE is that it is not a dying coin, because the interest in it is still huge, it is listed on 300+ markets, and the trading volume is over $5 million on Poloniex alone.
I agree even though dogecoin is relatively stable at a price different from the bitcoin that rises dramatically, but the dogecoin enthusiasts are also very high

No. "Relatively stable in BTC" means it rises more or less like BTC as compared to USD. And sometimes it risies even more. In the last 24 hours, for example, DOGE has rised 49.19% as compared to USD and 44.58% as compared to BTC.
Salazarian

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:40:31 AM

Doge have a huge ampunt of supply so expecting for it on big price in the future is kinda impossible. 1k satoshi is already big enough for doge to achieve but if you dream that it will match like ethereum or litecoin then you are definitely just dreaming.
But do not underestimate the market manipulators, some 2 to 3 weeks back dogecoin was trading below 20 satoshi and now trading around 78 satoshi. Anything may happen but I am sure it may come back to origin points too. So, dogecoins are good for trading and not for planning up for futures.

In recent times, it went down up to 71 satoshi in few exchanges. But compared to many other established coins, doge stays stable.

Although DOGE is 0.0000008 right now I agree with you that it is relatively stable in BTC for the last month. What we can definitely say about DOGE is that it is not a dying coin, because the interest in it is still huge, it is listed on 300+ markets, and the trading volume is over $5 million on Poloniex alone.
I agree even though dogecoin is relatively stable at a price different from the bitcoin that rises dramatically, but the dogecoin enthusiasts are also very high

No. "Relatively stable in BTC" means it rises more or less like BTC as compared to USD. And sometimes it risies even more. In the last 24 hours, for example, DOGE has rised 49.19% as compared to USD and 44.58% as compared to BTC.
yes that is very right. i am also helpful that in future Etherium will also have good value, as after bitcoin people are giving more preference to Etherium, therefore its future is also looking good to me.

nakisama

Activity: 205
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:06:53 AM

cannot see a future in terms of value if supply is endless
Ultegra134 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 749

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:30:17 AM

cannot see a future in terms of value if supply is endless
That's correct, Doge cannot have a huge increase in value since it's unlimited. However, 1 Doge = 114 Satoshis today, that's quite an increase since yesterday.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:51:23 AM

So if dogecoin has infinite supply and it's price is at about 114 satoshi and cannot have a bigger price bump due to it being unlimited, why are people still using it? I mean wouldn't it be better to sell those coins for as much as you can and switch over to some other alt-coin?

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:28:13 PM

So if dogecoin has infinite supply and it's price is at about 114 satoshi and cannot have a bigger price bump due to it being unlimited, why are people still using it? I mean wouldn't it be better to sell those coins for as much as you can and switch over to some other alt-coin?
Doge is a relatively a stable coin rendering it a safer option, especially for smaller investors/traders. It has low fees, lower mining difficulty and easier to obtain.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:00:32 PM

The price of Dogecoin is low but it is still alive for a long period of time, not like some altcoins that are only good after ico then after a month or two price drops to 0. Dogecoin is still useful for me in gambling, I always try different strategy using this coin. I think in the future if many people will use this coin in gambling then the price might go up a little bit.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 04:08:51 PM

The price of Dogecoin is low but it is still alive for a long period of time, not like some altcoins that are only good after ico then after a month or two price drops to 0. Dogecoin is still useful for me in gambling, I always try different strategy using this coin. I think in the future if many people will use this coin in gambling then the price might go up a little bit.
yes i am also hopeful that still Dogecoin has good potential, although the price is trading low. but hope that in future the price of doge can increase more, but i think it will take a long time. so long term investment in dogecoin can be profitable.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:31:20 AM

yes that is very right. i am also helpful that in future Etherium will also have good value, as after bitcoin people are giving more preference to Etherium, therefore its future is also looking good to me.

Ethereum rised 37% in the last 24 hrs, but DOGE is doing okay too with its 10%. I'm not saying Ethereum is bad, but DOGE is definitely not losing the ground, like some other coins nowadays.
wnfmzm74

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:44:42 AM

no future. fast transactions and very low fee are two trait of the coin
but LTC also has the trait,why not hold other coin which is progress in technology?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:02:57 AM

no future. fast transactions and very low fee are two trait of the coin
but LTC also has the trait,why not hold other coin which is progress in technology?

At least LTC is taken seriously and being worked on code wise.
And it has a so called "Community" that never bailed on it like the doge tard's did.

FUD first & ask questions later™
jane418

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:11:16 PM

I think there's no future for DOGE as a currency, but it's good for speculation since it has large volumes on exchanges

Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:48:18 PM

Doge has now reached 146 Satoshi / Dogecoin. Also, for some reason Dogechain appears down, can't access my wallet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:15:33 PM

The future looks bleak for dogecoins but for gambling purposes I keep my because Bitcoin confirmation times are unbearable and I just use that in place of bitcoins whenever I want to gamble.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:46:52 PM

I am an adult so i do not trade the following coins..

Doge Coin
Fisher Price Coin
Transformers Coin
Pampers Coin
Pepe Coin
Teletubbies Coin
Daddy's Keys Coin

Quick question elite experts on currencies.. does your bank accept Monopoly money ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
mizrak

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:42:12 PM

i think we all don`t know what future holds for dogecoin however if dev start working on this coin it has bright future , but why ?
1-Almost everybody knows this coin, despite for other coins many devs and project spends hundreds of thousand dollars just to reach out investors / miners
2-Its transaction fees very very cheap.
3-It is much more quicker than bitcoin.
4-Gambling sites like this coin that means gambler like this coin.
5-Because it is cheap everybody wants to have some in their portfolio

qurshmdkgd

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:59:24 AM

Nah. It has no real discernible features aside from being a meme. It's just rising since every other crypto's rising.
watermark

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:21:29 AM

I sold all my dogecoins for a profit at about 80 satoshi but I guess I should have held on to them a little longer.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: