Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:18:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148793 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:29:27 PM

It doesn't look like the government-issued cryptocurrency discussion is going to give us a break anytime soon.  Grin

More major banks have joined a global central banks project called Utility Settlement Coin (2015). There is certainly some murky water in this proposal.

"The platform aims to use virtual currencies that could be amplified by fiat currencies issued on the Blockchain."  Amplified? I'm not sure what the meaning is in this case, but the fact that amplified can mean to make a larger amount of something, is a bit of a red flag.

"The settlement coin will be a collateralized digital currency, backed by cash assets at a central bank, which allows us to transfer ownership easily through the exchange of USCs, thus reducing process complexity and the time taken for settlement."  -  What is the country/international bank in question including in cash assets? Government 'promise to pay' treasury bills? Short term loans they 'may' be able to collect in 30 days? An inflated balance from fractional reserve practises? And, once again, what's to stop the central bank of Venezuela or any other country, or any international bank in financial trouble, from claiming to have a lot more cash assets than they actually have and bloating the digital currency supply?

The scariest part of all is - what happens when a system like this has a security breach? Whether it is backed by cash or not, the fallout could be catastrophic.

Major Banks Join USC Project for Blockchain-based Cryptocurrency Banking - https://cointelegraph.com/news/major-banks-join-usc-project-for-blockchain-based-cryptocurrency-banking

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:35:29 PM

Sharp Increase in Digital Currency Complaints in 2017

https://dcebrief.com/sharp-increase-in-digital-currency-complaints-in-2017/
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:10:45 PM

It doesn't look like the government-issued cryptocurrency discussion is going to give us a break anytime soon.  Grin

More major banks have joined a global central banks project called Utility Settlement Coin (2015). There is certainly some murky water in this proposal.

"The platform aims to use virtual currencies that could be amplified by fiat currencies issued on the Blockchain."  Amplified? I'm not sure what the meaning is in this case, but the fact that amplified can mean to make a larger amount of something, is a bit of a red flag.

"The settlement coin will be a collateralized digital currency, backed by cash assets at a central bank, which allows us to transfer ownership easily through the exchange of USCs, thus reducing process complexity and the time taken for settlement."  -  What is the country/international bank in question including in cash assets? Government 'promise to pay' treasury bills? Short term loans they 'may' be able to collect in 30 days? An inflated balance from fractional reserve practises? And, once again, what's to stop the central bank of Venezuela or any other country, or any international bank in financial trouble, from claiming to have a lot more cash assets than they actually have and bloating the digital currency supply?

The scariest part of all is - what happens when a system like this has a security breach? Whether it is backed by cash or not, the fallout could be catastrophic.

Major Banks Join USC Project for Blockchain-based Cryptocurrency Banking - https://cointelegraph.com/news/major-banks-join-usc-project-for-blockchain-based-cryptocurrency-banking

Well, that has all the certainty of a Gordian Knot tied around an enigma. Yes, the chance for breach this early on in the tech is an unacceptable risk in my opinion. It's typical though, too much too soon. The Titanic comes to mind...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:11:29 PM

Well, that has all the certainty of a Gordian Knot tied around an enigma. Yes, the chance for breach this early on in the tech is an unacceptable risk in my opinion. It's typical though, too much too soon. The Titanic comes to mind...

Thanks, RJF. I am in agreement with you and Chase, as she puts it, "The scariest part of all is - what happens when a system like this has a security breach? Whether it is backed by cash or not, the fallout could be catastrophic."

When things of such gargantuan scale are involved there can never be sufficient asset backed guarantee. A mishap could erode the value of their asset backing faster than a “New York Second”. The sad part is that they could still proceed out of fear and ignorance. And that could lead to even more people not trusting the bank any more.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 02:06:41 AM

Thanks, RJF. I am in agreement with you and Chase, as she puts it, "The scariest part of all is - what happens when a system like this has a security breach? Whether it is backed by cash or not, the fallout could be catastrophic."

When things of such gargantuan scale are involved there can never be sufficient asset backed guarantee. A mishap could erode the value of their asset backing faster than a “New York Second”. The sad part is that they could still proceed out of fear and ignorance. And that could lead to even more people not trusting the bank any more.

It does appear to be a decentralized coin, and agreed, a mishap along with the unforgiving nature of cryptocurrency could be disastrous very quickly. I can see why they would be excited about it though, compared the long process of moving funds from clearing house to clearing house, and all of the middle men involved in the existing banking systems, this would be a significant time and cost savings. I just wonder what will happen when funds are stolen or lost, as happens all the time today, and if they have no means to reverse it.

TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 05:06:32 AM

It does appear to be a decentralized coin, and agreed, a mishap along with the unforgiving nature of cryptocurrency could be disastrous very quickly. I can see why they would be excited about it though, compared the long process of moving funds from clearing house to clearing house, and all of the middle men involved in the existing banking systems, this would be a significant time and cost savings. I just wonder what will happen when funds are stolen or lost, as happens all the time today, and if they have no means to reverse it.

That's a really interesting point you raise there about not being able to reverse transactions. When I was a teenager, with little over $40 in my account, one month I looked at my transaction history and noticed that for a couple of weeks there had been $600 in my account. This had been a mistaken transaction that was subsequently reversed.

I've known a few other people that have experienced similar things. And I suppose with the number of transactions being made every day, I shouldn't be surprised at a couple of mistakes. Had this happened on the blockchain, I would have been contacted and asked to make the payment back myself, which I would have done. But this is not as simple as just reversing an erroneous transaction, and coin addresses don't typically come with contact information.

Decentralisation means that things like reversing transactions are not possible. But this inability to take money out of my account without my permission also gives me confidence. I once called up a bank to make a transfer because their phone transfer system was failing. This was before online banking. The staff member made the transfer for me, which surprised me a lot, because only after it was done did I remind him that he hadn't asked me for my password and security questions. He was a little embarrassed at his breach of protocol. I was astounded that bank staff didn't actually require passwords to move money out of an account. 

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:13:38 PM

That's a really interesting point you raise there about not being able to reverse transactions. When I was a teenager, with little over $40 in my account, one month I looked at my transaction history and noticed that for a couple of weeks there had been $600 in my account. This had been a mistaken transaction that was subsequently reversed.

I've known a few other people that have experienced similar things. And I suppose with the number of transactions being made every day, I shouldn't be surprised at a couple of mistakes. Had this happened on the blockchain, I would have been contacted and asked to make the payment back myself, which I would have done. But this is not as simple as just reversing an erroneous transaction, and coin addresses don't typically come with contact information.

Decentralisation means that things like reversing transactions are not possible. But this inability to take money out of my account without my permission also gives me confidence. I once called up a bank to make a transfer because their phone transfer system was failing. This was before online banking. The staff member made the transfer for me, which surprised me a lot, because only after it was done did I remind him that he hadn't asked me for my password and security questions. He was a little embarrassed at his breach of protocol. I was astounded that bank staff didn't actually require passwords to move money out of an account. 

Thank you for sharing your personal experience. I thought I got quite rich a few times when my account balance shot way up, only to find out that my bank made a mistake crediting to the wrong account. Manual posting prone to human errors is far less of an issue today since machine has taken over. However, as ingenious and solid as blockchain technology is, there are extremely risks, including transactions that cannot be reversed once confirmed. The loss or compromised of a private key is also a grave concern, since the owner of the private is the owner of the wallet to send the funds out. Otherwise, the funds will remain in the wallet forever. Should this happen in large scale, it could be very damaging. Banks are known to make big mistakes, if I remember correctly.

We prefer to be cautious and try things out in a smaller scale or wait for the technology to be more matured. This industry is still in its infancy. There are immense opportunities ahead for those who can survive the test of time. We believe that DNotes is very well positioned and ready to scale rapidly at the right time.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 02:19:16 PM

We have been thinking through these processes and looking at how similar things are done in the industry, which will be helpful for when it comes time to have DNotes exchange and other financial services.

For the most part, this will likely only be a backend system where banks send funds to other banks. I can envision a lot of it would be automated, with good testing they could remove a lot of the human error potential. I also imagine, if one bank mistakenly sends funds to another bank, it would be fine and they can just send the funds back. I would also envision triggers to be implemented, if the address has not been used by their system before, larger amounts, anything unusual or that can lead to a large loss. The trigger would then require the transaction to go through a multi-point / manual approval process, and this could help reduce and minimize loss. These are just some processes to help limit risk, however, best practices have not been fully established and even some of the largest exchanges today are not infallible.

R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:34:46 AM

FYI:

"Unable to connect to wallet RPC service: RPC call did not return 200: HTTP error: 0 - JSON Response: []"

DnotesPool.com  9/1  2130 EST

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 01:49:10 AM

FYI:

"Unable to connect to wallet RPC service: RPC call did not return 200: HTTP error: 0 - JSON Response: []"

DnotesPool.com  9/1  2130 EST

Thanks RJF, I'll make sure he knows.

amalgal

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:56:26 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2017, 02:11:00 AM by amalgal

i would like to invest in dnote , It's fun to see how price can do x5 or more - yum !
What you are going to do for next some months .Do you have roadmap or something like that .Plan?
ok i found roadmap - are you going to open your own exchange ?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:55:01 AM

i would like to invest in dnote , It's fun to see how price can do x5 or more - yum !
What you are going to do for next some months .Do you have roadmap or something like that .Plan?

Welcome to DNotes, amalgal. Relative to our industry peers, DNotes is under-valued. But no one can say with certainty where the price will be in the future. What I can tell you is that we are well positioned to be a major player. We will ultimately have a fully integrated system as outlined in our road-map:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

It will include a full-service exchange. The best guidance I can give at this point is that development on the project will begin towards the later part of 2018. We anticipate that it will take a significant investment in time and money to be in compliance with existing laws, licensing, and reporting requirements. We expect that it could take 1 ½ to 2 years from start before it is officially launched. 

The exchange is an integral part of our strategic plans. We believe that there is a great need for an exchange that is highly customer-focused. It will be consistent with our philosophy of building a trusted brand like DNotes.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can be of help.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:01:32 AM

Although we have all witnessed this unfold, it is pretty mind-blowing to see it in this infographic:

The Unparalleled Explosion in Cryptocurrencies  -  http://www.visualcapitalist.com/unparalleled-explosion-cryptocurrencies/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
amalgal

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:12:25 PM

Welcome to DNotes, amalgal. Relative to our industry peers, DNotes is under-valued. But no one can say with certainty where the price will be in the future. What I can tell you is that we are well positioned to be a major player. We will ultimately have a fully integrated system as outlined in our road-map:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0

It will include a full-service exchange. The best guidance I can give at this point is that development on the project will begin towards the later part of 2018. We anticipate that it will take a significant investment in time and money to be in compliance with existing laws, licensing, and reporting requirements. We expect that it could take 1 ½ to 2 years from start before it is officially launched. 

The exchange is an integral part of our strategic plans. We believe that there is a great need for an exchange that is highly customer-focused. It will be consistent with our philosophy of building a trusted brand like DNotes.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can be of help.

what about Team . Are you going to do some stream video and say about dnote why it is good or something like that ?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:21:40 PM

Hello everyone, I spent the last few days making a video to promote the DNotes strategy to build intrinsic value in the currency by backing it with the profits of a company - DNotes Global.

DNotes - Backed by Business

Excellent job Tim! Looks great.

Yes we have a videos, amalgal. Here is one.

Edit: I just found one that I have not seen before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkyWZ6wYjO8
amalgal

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:39:01 PM

Hello everyone, I spent the last few days making a video to promote the DNotes strategy to build intrinsic value in the currency by backing it with the profits of a company - DNotes Global.

Edit: I just found one that I have not seen before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkyWZ6wYjO8
ok thanks .

What development are doing Dnote team now ?  i see roadmap but it says in 2018 or in some years dnote will become somithing big ..

Can you say about current goals ? Or what we can expect to see this year coming ?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:41:55 PM

Great job on the videos everyone - we are getting quite the collection of top-notch videos with a broad audience appeal!!

Check out the newest videos in the DNotes Video Library:

DNotes / DNotes Global Inc.

Introduction to DNotes - an Unfolding Big Bold Idea of Global Scale  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar8C7xBgpIE

DNotes Path to Mass Adoption - Ease of Use  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkf1174xltQ

DNotes General Discussion Part 1  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dexb11hcIMg

DNotes General Discussion Part 2  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyiV9RDytx0

Economic Freedom and How it Relates to Cryptocurrency  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zip5xpUlp3c

DNotes Global Ownership Model - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IenaYn1ce3w

DCEBrief - Why it's Important to the DNotes Ecosystem  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR9NHeFtTQY

DNotes - Backed By Business  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWMpoqq68c

New!  DNotes 2.0 Promo  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnkUL0vhpjQ&feature=youtu.be

New!  DNotesEDU Digital Finance & Cryptocurrency Education Platform  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_DeEFWFkew&feature=youtu.be

The Four Pillars of Business Success

Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success - Book Trailer  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQU_SFL46d0

The Four Pillars of Business Success - Introduction by Alan Yong  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdWJ8IxCmU

Alan Yong Entrepreneurial History & Guiding Principles on Business Success  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A23EmXtUHHw

10 Major Contributors to Business Success  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWMpoqq68c

New!  10 Leading Pitfalls of Business Failures  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZp7BPMljQ4

Here is a great list from Chase.

More videos are being produced. We have scheduled to record 60+ videos for the book site alone with aggressive promotion following that. I encourage everyone to sign up as a member. Membership is free till the end of 2019. Most of the videos are only available to members.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:53:19 PM

ok thanks .

What development are doing Dnote team now ?  i see roadmap but it says in 2018 or in some years dnote will become somithing big ..

Can you say about current goals ? Or what we can expect to see this year coming ?

We are actively developing in C# with a commitment to complete the project by the end of 2018 with 100% in C#. Our immediate goal is to launch DNotes 2.0 at the end of this month. This is a significant project with many other interconnected projects to be announced later. Please follow us on this forum.
SCeeYong

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:02:39 PM

Six global banks join forces to create digital currency :

https://www.investmentweek.co.uk/investment-week/news/3016492/leading-banks-including-hsbc-and-barclays-to-create-new-digital-currency
amalgal

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:09:36 PM

ok thanks .

We are actively developing in C# with a commitment to complete the project by the end of 2018 with 100% in C#. Our immediate goal is to launch DNotes 2.0 at the end of this month. This is a significant project with many other interconnected projects to be announced later. Please follow us on this forum.
i invested in stratis in 2016 and i am happy now . In stratis because it is c# . And now i see dnote is also c# . I think c# is future for big companies .How to become membership to see new updates ? Do you have slack ?
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: