Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:30:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148793 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 02:53:30 PM

Hello dnotes how long is need to withdrall from dnotes vaut? Im wayting more then 24 hours...
Is there any problem?

It can take up to 48 hours. In order to make DNotes Vault the most secure place to store your DNotes, it needs to take longer for withdrawals. Depending on how much you're trying to withdraw, you may also need to confirm your withdrawal by email.

Thanks wiser, that is correct, 24-48 withdrawal window. You may want to send me your email address so I can double check it for you MECHETO, or just send us an email at contact@dnotescoin.com. There have been a few recently we have not been able to reach the account owner via email. The next batch goes out today.  

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 02:54:07 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2018, 05:55:42 PM by DNotes

DNotes 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is new with DNotes 2.0?

A: DNotes 2.0 is a major improvement on the original DNotes blockchain. The new blockchain will allow DNotes and its partner company DNotes Global to achieve its objective to connect DNotes to the modern world of finance and commerce. The new blockchain is faster, more secure, and consumes only a fraction of the electricity. It also allows custom invoices to be created and attached to transactions, and changes the economic incentives of the network to one that encourages savings with the switch to the Proof-Of-Stake algorithm, and paying 0.5% interest on balances that haven’t moved from a wallet address in a 30 day period (~6% per annum).

Specifications

POS
2% Annualized Staking Reward
Individual blocks reward will be Current Total Coins / 525,600 * 0.02
60 Second Block Target
0.005 Transaction Fee
Source: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0
Download Wallet: http://dnotescoin.com/#Download
Directory DNotes2 (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes2 on Windows)
CONF dnotes.conf (all lower case)

DNotes 2.0 Features
Switch to PoS
CRISP Reward - 0.5% interest every 30 days. Awarded by address. Calculated on a 30 day cycle.
Automated Invoicing (First Phase) - Integrated blockchain invoice number

There will be a soft deadline where DNotes mined after that block will not be redeemable for 2.0 coins:
4/16/2018
Block# 2180897
133,574,552 Will be the total swappable amount of DNotes we create
+20,000,000 Allocated to DNotes Global, Inc for Development & Growth Fund
153,574,552 Total DNotes 2.0 Created

The next update (TBD) will include:
Deferred Staking

Q: How do I swap my coins? (after April 16th)

A: The DNotes coin swap process will now be done through a private fork of the legacy DNotes blockchain. We have created this fork to ensure that legacy DNotes holders are still able to swap their legacy DNotes for DNotes 2.0 long after the deadline, in the event they missed the swap. This also ensures we will not be accepting newly purchased or mined DNotes, protecting our users and network.

In order to swap your coins, you will need the following DNotes v1.3 wallet, which you can download here:
http://dnotescoin.com/DNotes/dnotes-qt1-3.zip
You will need to copy your wallet.dat or wallet backup file to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes1-3 directory, open the wallet application and allow it to update.
Next, you will need an address to send your legacy DNotes in to for the coin swap, you can generate a legacy address with the following instructions:
Create a DNotesVault.com account if you don’t already have one.
Login to your DNotesVault.com account, and click the HISTORIC tab at the top.
Click Create Address, and send your DNotes to the address you just created.

Coin swaps will be processed once a month until further notice.

Q: What is the cutoff date for mined DNotes that can be swapped to the new DNotes blockchain?

A: We have set April 16th 2018 as the soft deadline. No DNotes mined after this date will be eligible to be swapped to DNotes running on the new blockchain. We will continue swap DNotes after that date, however the process will not be as easy and will take more time. Any DNotes 1.x purchased on exchanges after the 16th will not be eligible for the swap.

Q: Will DNotes 2.0 be listed on new exchanges?

We are currently listed on:
https://mercatox.com/exchange/NOTE/BTC
https://stocks.exchange/trade/NOTE/BTC
https://www.nlexch.com/markets/notebtc
https://bitebtc.com/trade/note_btc

We are actively working with and in active communication:
https://www.coinexchange.io

Beta or Future Exchanges we are working with:
https://listex.io/
https://blockbid.io/

Q: Are the new DNotes 2.0 coins worth the same as the old coins?

A: Yes, they are worth exactly the same. However we can not predict what price movements will occur at exchanges once DNotes is relisted using the new coins.

Q: I have Mac or Specific Linux OS, will there be wallets for these?  

A: Yes!
We currently have Windows / Mac / Linux Mint / Ubuntu Desktop wallets at DNotesCoin.com. If you need something else, please let us know.

Q: Where is the block explorer?

A: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/note/

Staking

Q: What is Staking?

A: Staking your coins helps to support the DNotes network, and the network currently pays out roughly 5 DNotes every minute to one address on the network based on a probability that centers on how many coins the user is staking with as a percentage of the total number of coins being staked on the network. The DNotes network pays out ~2% of the total number of coins per annum. If 100% of DNotes were being used to stake on the network, then by probability each user could expect 2% growth in the number of coins they have. If only 50% of coins are used to stake, then those users could expect approximately 4% growth that year.

Q: Can I stake my coins on the DNotesVault?

A: You cannot currently stake your coins that are on the DNotesVault, you will need to withdraw your DNotes 2.0 to a local wallet and stake your coins from your local wallet. We will in a future release incorporate cold staking, which will allow you stake your coins while they are safely tucked away inside the DNotesVault. However, we do not have an ETA, it will be one of our highest priorities for next upgrades.

Q: How do I stake?

Disclaimer: It is recommended that you properly secure your computer and wallet, as well as make proper backups, before attempting to run your own staking wallet. Failure to properly secure your DNotes may result in loss or theft. If you are not familiar with the process, please start off small and familiarize yourself with the process.

You will need to download the DNotes QT wallet here: http://dnotescoin.com/#Download

Install the wallet (and we recommend creating a backup, after encrypting your wallet)
Go to settings, and then ‘encrypt wallet’. Enter your password twice (and do NOT forget it, or you will not be able to access the wallet and we can not help you).
Go to settings, and then ‘unlock wallet’, enter your password, and select “for staking only”. This will prevent any transfers from being made from your wallet without the password while you stake your coins.
Soon the arrow at the bottom will turn green. This means that your coins are now staking.

Video: https://youtu.be/bR66LWPRzAU

Q: How do I get the most out of my staking efforts?

A: There is no trick to staking efficiently. The factors involved are your coin weight versus the network coin weight and coin weight is the number of coins currently staking. The age does not matter, nor does how you divide or move your coins around.

Q: How much can I earn staking?

A: That depends on how many coins you are staking and how many coins are being staked on the network. The blockchain distributes Current Total Coins / 525,600 * 0.02 every block, or every 60 seconds. You may calculate how often you are chosen to receive the block reward by dividing your network weight verse your weight. If network weight is 100, and your weight is 5, then you would be chosen for block reward 5 blocks out of every 100.

CRISP

Q: Can I get CRISP reward AND stake at the same time?

A: Yes, the system is designed to allow you to receive CRISP on a wallet you are staking

Q: What is the CRISP reward structure?

A: CRISP periods are every 43,200 blocks (30 days). Payments start 10,080 blocks (1 week) from the end of the CRISP period.

Q: What do I need to do to earn CRISP?

A: Keep your coins in the same address for the full CRISP period 30 days, set every 43,200 blocks.

Q: When will I receive CRISP payments?

A: The next payouts are as follows:

May 1 - Ends first CRISP period.
May 8 - Payout starts. (Virtually no one will receive this payout)
June 2 - Ends second CRISP period
June 10 - Payout starts

Roughly.

Q: Do I get CRISP payments at the DNotesVault?

A: Yes! You get CRISP inside the DNotesVault, or at any address you control, such as a Desktop wallet. Though I won't suspect you will be able to get CRISP rewards from the exchanges or other online providers.

Q: Where do the CRISP coins come from?

A: The blockchain, these are newly created coins and have now become part of the new coin distribution, just like the staking reward.

Q: How do I earn the interest reward?

A: Our Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP) payouts occur approximately once per month. All coins that haven’t moved address during that month period will accrue a 0.5% interest, which compounds to roughly 6.17% per annum. If you move your coins during that time, those coins will not receive the interest for that month.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 02:54:30 PM

Wondering what DNotes is all about? Here’s the basics:

What is DNotes?
•   DNotes is a digital currency with a purpose: to serve as a real currency that people can use in their daily lives - unlike other digital currencies that focus on solving niche problems, with no plan to become a real, usable currency.
•   The DNotes goal is simple: achieve mass adoption and become the world’s first accessible, inclusive, and financially empowering digital currency that benefits everyone around the globe.

What are DNotes’ Benefits as a Currency?
•   DNotes is managed as a business – but not controlled as one.
•   DNotes success is driven by a profit-generating company, DNotes Global, created to promote mass adoption, protect the currency, and ensure sustainable growth.
•   DNotes’ unique CRISP savings program rewards DNotes owners with 0.5% interest, every month
•   DNotes offers staking rewards for stakeholders – at 2% a year.
•   DNotes provides blockchain invoicing features to simplify merchant acceptance and adoption of the digital currency.

What Benefits Does DNotes Global Provide?
DNotes Global protects DNotes and its stakeholders, promotes mass adoption, and creates value and utility for the digital currency, including a fully integrated ecosystem.
The company provides a unique cross-ownership model, with DNotes owning 25% of DNotes Global (pre-dilution), while the for-profit business maintains a stake in the digital currency.
DNotes Global generates profit, creating intrinsic value for the DNotes currency to help create a “floor” for the digital currency’s value.
DNotes Global has plans to build a long-term competitive advantage by offering services that utilize DNotes. That strategy will also help to facilitate awareness and adoption of the DNotes currency.
Long term competitive advantage DNotes Global will provide in offering services that utilize DNotes.

What’s Next?
Fully compliant Reg D 506 (c) crowdfunding followed by a Reg A+ Mini-IPO.
DNotes Payment Solution Integration into Existing eCommerce Platforms
Cold Staking Implementation & More

Where can I learn more?  
Pitch Deck - https://dnotesglobal.com/PitchDeck.pptx
Pitch Deck Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XculeWKdbbE
White Paper - https://dnotesglobal.com/white-paper/
Website - http://dnotescoin.com/
Blog - http://dnotescoin.com/blog-main-hub/

mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:48:53 PM

I just want to repost one of my favorite quotes from Tee Gee last year:

"The trend we currently see is many adaptations of the wheel, whereupon players go around in circles in their mission to drive around the world. DNotes takes the approach that if the road is properly mapped out, we will notice that we need to get over sea too -- it is not the wheel, but flight that is required. Our plane may take a little longer to design, test, and deploy than everybody else's car, but when their cars can travel them no further, they must watch as we fly on. At that juncture, they can not re-engineer their car into an airplane by taking off their clever iteration of the wheel, and attaching wings in their stead.

All the work is in the preparation - "Map out the road ahead, and work out how far the best road may take you. Or just fly. TeeGee, 2017"

and a flashback of my quote last year,

"I also have owned dnotes for three years and agree that they will take it this company very far. This is a team with a dream thats becoming reality. They have a unbelievable abount of patience, more than i have.. haha  
But seriously they care so much about doing things right, that they follow through with what they say is coming everytime. They have always worded themselves appropriately. They hit the trust factor perfictly. Thats why even when they were quite working in the background not only did i not sell any, i bought more. Exciting times! Once again, i cant wait to see what the future of dnotes looks like!"

I miss RJF, Director of CR.I.S.P. for Retirement (just learned that detail) great quotes but heres one dating back to 2015 that stands out

"Sometimes we forget that we live in a capitalist world. Entrepreneur will invest their money in opportunities that could be profitable. As DNotes get better established, there will be many more who will invest in the DNotes ecosystem, just like the way others have invested in the Bitcoin ecosystem. Many things our community wished for today will happen when the time is right.

The main difference about DNotes is that we planned it as a business and managed it as a business from day one. Essentially we have been able to identify weaknesses and potential pitfalls in the system, as well as opportunities and incorporated a system in our strategic plans to overcome or avoid known problems while exploiting our strengths for the best opportunities. As it has already become apparent, we have taken the lead in establishing what we believe to be the most important part of the ecosystem, in order to position DNotes on the best path and grow it to become a dominant force. We call them strategic properties, including CryptoMoms, DNotesVault and our family of CRISPs. They are all strategically linked and will provide very healthy rate of growth in fundamental values to justify the increasing price of DNotes. Collectively, they will be the most effective means of securing mass acceptance of DNotes as a medium of exchange on a global scale. This is just the beginning. We prefer to start small and have a long way to go before pushing for large scale implementation."

I know there are many more out there maybe ill dig up another day. I know If I started quoting Dyna's great write ups we would be filling screens up.. lol Cheesy Great Work guys your becoming more promising then ever. Your hard work will pay off and has already started

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:22:43 PM

I just posted this on Telegram and thought it was worth saying here too (it's a reply to one of Alan's posts where he mentions the 4 Pillars book):

I think the book is very important, actually, in particular the principles outlined therein. I've been invested in NEM for a long time. It's a great coin, great project, based on real technology and real world use, not hype. And yet since January the price has been on a downward trajectory with little sign of slowing. Its price goes down each time Bitcoin goes down and then when BTC recovers, NEM adjusts to keep the new low price. I realize a lot of things are going on to test cryptocurrencies in general, and it's been said that since NEM isn't one of the coins that benefits the umbrella organization that owns CoinDesk, it never gets mentioned, so you could say it's being suppressed (DNotes never gets mentioned there either, BTW). So there are clearly external factors beyond the project's control. However, if you spend any time on NEM's BitcoinTalk thread, the number one complaint is that there is no marketing going on, or that the marketing is terrible. I happen to know that there is quite a bit of marketing going on, but somehow the impression that there is no marketing going on is strong. More and more I'm thinking that the biggest reason for that impression of no marketing is that the NEM leaders never take the time to update the investors and other community members on BitcoinTalk about anything. They used to, but they don't now. They supposedly hang out on the NEM forum and other channels, but that's not necessarily where all the community members congregate. I used to be annoyed with Alan's repetitive messaging. I was like, hey, I get that already. But now I totally see the value of that. It's not so much what Alan says, but it's the fact that Alan takes the time to update the community. At this time our marketing is less sophisticated than the NEM marketing I'm aware of, but no one in this community ever says there is no marketing going on. And no one ever doubts that there is a solid direction to this project, even if we don't know all the details. And all because at least three or four times a week, Alan takes five minutes out of his busy schedule to post an update of some sort and answer a few questions.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 07:21:38 PM

Alan has been featured on the cover of The Smart Manager magazine.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:47:18 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 05:35:31 AM by TeeGee

I just want to repost one of my favorite quotes from Tee Gee last year:

"The trend we currently see is many adaptations of the wheel, whereupon players go around in circles in their mission to drive around the world. DNotes takes the approach that if the road is properly mapped out, we will notice that we need to get over sea too -- it is not the wheel, but flight that is required. Our plane may take a little longer to design, test, and deploy than everybody else's car, but when their cars can travel them no further, they must watch as we fly on. At that juncture, they can not re-engineer their car into an airplane by taking off their clever iteration of the wheel, and attaching wings in their stead.

All the work is in the preparation - "Map out the road ahead, and work out how far the best road may take you. Or just fly. TeeGee, 2017"

and a flashback of my quote last year,

"I also have owned dnotes for three years and agree that they will take it this company very far. This is a team with a dream thats becoming reality. They have a unbelievable abount of patience, more than i have.. haha  
But seriously they care so much about doing things right, that they follow through with what they say is coming everytime. They have always worded themselves appropriately. They hit the trust factor perfictly. Thats why even when they were quite working in the background not only did i not sell any, i bought more. Exciting times! Once again, i cant wait to see what the future of dnotes looks like!"

I miss RJF, Director of CR.I.S.P. for Retirement (just learned that detail) great quotes but heres one dating back to 2015 that stands out

"Sometimes we forget that we live in a capitalist world. Entrepreneur will invest their money in opportunities that could be profitable. As DNotes get better established, there will be many more who will invest in the DNotes ecosystem, just like the way others have invested in the Bitcoin ecosystem. Many things our community wished for today will happen when the time is right.

The main difference about DNotes is that we planned it as a business and managed it as a business from day one. Essentially we have been able to identify weaknesses and potential pitfalls in the system, as well as opportunities and incorporated a system in our strategic plans to overcome or avoid known problems while exploiting our strengths for the best opportunities. As it has already become apparent, we have taken the lead in establishing what we believe to be the most important part of the ecosystem, in order to position DNotes on the best path and grow it to become a dominant force. We call them strategic properties, including CryptoMoms, DNotesVault and our family of CRISPs. They are all strategically linked and will provide very healthy rate of growth in fundamental values to justify the increasing price of DNotes. Collectively, they will be the most effective means of securing mass acceptance of DNotes as a medium of exchange on a global scale. This is just the beginning. We prefer to start small and have a long way to go before pushing for large scale implementation."

I know there are many more out there maybe ill dig up another day. I know If I started quoting Dyna's great write ups we would be filling screens up.. lol Cheesy Great Work guys your becoming more promising then ever. Your hard work will pay off and has already started

Some great quote finds there mrbum. I actually thought of that quite last night for one reason or another as a message I should revisit in this forum, but you have gone and taken care of finding it all for me!

Our hard work is indeed about to pay off big time - we are not far away from being on equal footing to the competition. We have come a very long way with very limited resources to date. And we've carefully studied the many competition who started their projects with the financial cheat codes and yet still failed. To this date they'll probably have a myriad of excuses, but we would be some of the few people who could precisely point to the reasons why. That knowledge is how we will avoid the same pitfalls.

MECHETO

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:31:24 AM

We have a nice buy orders wall out there about 5 BTC only in Mercadox. GO GO GO Cheesy Cheesy Wink
DNotesEDU

Activity: 128

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 02:32:26 PM

Great work everyone, there is some outstanding community support happening right now. Let's keep the momentum going!

Make sure to watch and share these best in class instructional videos by DNotes director Tim Goggin, republished on DNotesEDU.com (with links):

Video: How To Purchase Bitcoin & DNotes – Mercatox Exchange
https://dnotesedu.com/2018/06/video-how-to-purchase-bitcoin-dnotes-mercatox-exchange/

Video: How To Install & Use DNotes Electrum Wallet
https://dnotesedu.com/2018/06/video-how-to-install-use-dnotes-electrum-wallet/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 02:37:08 PM

We have a nice buy orders wall out there about 5 BTC only in Mercadox. GO GO GO Cheesy Cheesy Wink

Thanks mecheto, it's good to see more support coming into the markets, that is greatly appreciated as it will increase confidence as we re-establish our foothold with all the recent changes and swap.

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:01:53 PM

Great work everyone, there is some outstanding community support happening right now. Let's keep the momentum going!

Make sure to watch and share these best in class instructional videos by DNotes director Tim Goggin, republished on DNotesEDU.com (with links):

https://dnotesedu.com/2018/06/video-how-to-purchase-bitcoin-dnotes-mercatox-exchange/

Tim's tutorial video was also picked up by cryptocurrency news site Bitcoin Market Share. https://bitcoinmarketshare.com/electrum-wallet-setup-guide/

Do you think Bitcoin Market Share likes DNotes? They have a DNotes dedicated page, and this banner ad shows up throughout the site:

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 03:02:13 PM

https://btc-feed.jp/posts/1268

TeeGee

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:46:59 PM

Tim's tutorial video was also picked up by cryptocurrency news site Bitcoin Market Share. https://bitcoinmarketshare.com/electrum-wallet-setup-guide/

Do you think Bitcoin Market Share likes DNotes? They have a DNotes dedicated page, and this banner ad shows up throughout the site:

Indeed, the person behind that website is one of our highly-valued supporters and we are very appreciative of their efforts (I'm not sure of their alias if they read or post in this forum). They're very correct though, DNotes is one of the most undervalued cryptocurrencies, and is going to have a very eventful 2018, with an even greater 2019 (as that is when the proceeds from the larger M-IPO will become available). At that juncture you'll see DNotes Global and battling on multiple fronts through the company's various subsidiaries.

There is also another video Brandon that teaches people how to install, pay, and stake using the standard DNotes QT wallet here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR66LWPRzAU&t=

DNotesEDU

Activity: 128

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 04:25:59 PM

https://bitcoinmarketshare.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/dnotes-g.gif

Indeed, the person behind that website is one of our highly-valued supporters and we are very appreciative of their efforts (I'm not sure of their alias if they read or post in this forum). They're very correct though, DNotes is one of the most undervalued cryptocurrencies, and is going to have a very eventful 2018, with an even greater 2019 (as that is when the proceeds from the larger M-IPO will become available). At that juncture you'll see DNotes Global and battling on multiple fronts through the company's various subsidiaries.

There is also another video Brandon that teaches people how to install, pay, and stake using the standard DNotes QT wallet here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR66LWPRzAU&t=

Thanks Tim! These videos are essential in helping newcomers learn the ins and outs of operating in the DNotes ecosystem.

Video: How To Install, Pay & Stake Using The DNotes QT Wallet
https://dnotesedu.com/2018/06/video-how-to-install-pay-stake-using-the-dnotes-qt-wallet/
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:11:06 PM

FSA Orders Japanese Crypto Exchanges to Increase AML Efforts

https://dcebrief.com/fsa-orders-japanese-crypto-exchanges-to-increase-aml-efforts/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 06:34:18 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 08:35:06 PM by DNotes

Thanks Tim! These videos are essential in helping newcomers learn the ins and outs of operating in the DNotes ecosystem.

Video: How To Install, Pay & Stake Using The DNotes QT Wallet
https://dnotesedu.com/2018/06/video-how-to-install-pay-stake-using-the-dnotes-qt-wallet/

Agreed great job on the recent videos Tim!

How To Purchase Bitcoin & DNotes - Mercatox Exchange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4THrI0CC2Q

How To Install, Pay & Stake Using The DNotes QT Wallet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR66LWPRzAU

How To Install & Use DNotes Electrum Wallet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Desgtrwjg

Amadeus82

Activity: 327
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:05:10 PM

Whoo, I have seen there is a nice increase in price of DNotes, despite Bitcoin price still falling, this is really nice to see Grin Hope to see even more movement like that in the future Cool
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 08:37:27 PM

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:07:02 PM

Will Cryptocurrency's Great Recession Turn into A Depression?

https://dcebrief.com/will-cryptocurrencys-great-recession-turn-into-a-depression/
TeeGee

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:58:54 AM

[From the article]
"A recession isn't all bad news, it's a great chance to stress test the backing and commitment of every organization in the industry. Some will have systematic flaws that will cause selloff scenarios, which occur identically to a bank run. While others' leadership and community cohesiveness will simply crumble under the immense pressure from disgruntled investors. However, a few diamonds are going to emerge from the rough, and will go on to be a focal point in global commerce."

I agree completely with this sentiment. Downwards markets quickly reveal which projects have substance, and which do not. As Warren Buffet likes to say "When the tide goes out, you see who has been swimming without clothes". Most of the projects in this industry don't have much in the way of support for the actual project, but rather for the potential price gains the projects could provide from its hype. This makes for very flaky 'investors' who are unlikely to stomach any price turbulence. They also tend to be the type of investor who jump onto projects much later, or long after prices have already begun to rise from its perceived potential. This type of investor rarely makes money in the long term.

We're very lucky in that our leadership team has for the longest time focused on attracting the long-term investor -- the ones with the propensity to hold onto DNotes in the long term, and not sell at the first sign of market volatility. The other benefit of long-term investors is that they have already enjoyed significant appreciation over time dating back years, and this means that current volatility doesn't see them stressing about 'losing money' in the way that somebody who invested at a much higher price and sees their portfolio down. This is similar to what could have happened with Bitcoin during the time of depressed prices, and what of course may have contributed significantly to its meteoric rise late last year. The 'holders' were long-term investors who were quite content with not selling even as the prices skyrocketed upwards, and were also happy to weather volatility in the hard times. Attracting this type of investor has had benefits firstly for community belief in the project (belief is after all a symptom of developer trustworthiness and past performance), but also has for some time acted to constrain some of the volatility until the time that DNotes was ready to rapidly scale its operations.  

Great work Brandon.

Pages: « 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: