Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:37:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148793 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:05:54 PM

I like the points being made here by RJF and MiningHabit that far too many people are excluded from private equity funding stages of the business cycle. Everybody should be able to participate. That is one reason why I have so much respect for the DNotes approach, and why I'm absolutely certain we have taken the right path. Just like the tag line we have adopted in our videos going forward:

"DNotes - the inclusive digital currency, for everyone."

I share your values and sentiments that even small investors should be given the opportunity to invest in situations they see fit and not be deprived of those rights by limiting them only to accredited investors. As part of consumer protection, I am less concerned about limiting their investment to 10% of their annual earnings or net-worth.

As you may know, DNotes Global has selected the more demanding funding program using Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Title IV Tier 2 to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors worldwide. We could use Reg. D 506(c) to raise unlimited amount only from accredited investors. That is the most common funding vehicle at a significantly lower cost. But then, "DNotes - the inclusive digital currency, for everyone."

Absolutely Alan! In order to maintain integrity, you have to "practice what you preach". Ignoring this is the downfall of so many startups and small, growing companies. In all fairness, yes, things always deviate from the the original plan but, I will argue, unless it is regulatory or legal, there is always a way to bend and reposition without loosing site of what attracted investors and customers in the first place. So many startups make the usually fatal mistake of abandoning their guiding principles and loosing site the goal when confronted with problems they see as insurmountable.

It's always easier to give up or, compromise your principles to survive, but, in the long run there are no true rewards on that path.

Thanks for your support and encouragement, RJF. As our industry becomes more matured, I believe that more investors will appreciate that "trust" is still a very important factor when hard-earned money is at stake.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:07:01 PM

I like the points being made here by RJF and MiningHabit that far too many people are excluded from private equity funding stages of the business cycle. Everybody should be able to participate. That is one reason why I have so much respect for the DNotes approach, and why I'm absolutely certain we have taken the right path. Just like the tag line we have adopted in our videos going forward:

I share your values and sentiments that even small investors should be given the opportunity to invest in situations they see fit and not be deprived of those rights by limiting them only to accredited investors. As part of consumer protection, I am less concerned about limiting their investment to 10% of their annual earnings or net-worth.

As you may know, DNotes Global has selected the more demanding funding program using Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Title IV Tier 2 to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors worldwide. We could use Reg. D 506(c) to raise unlimited amount only from accredited investors. That is the most common funding vehicle at a significantly lower cost. But then, "DNotes - the inclusive digital currency, for everyone."

Absolutely Alan! In order to maintain integrity, you have to "practice what you preach". Ignoring this is the downfall of so many startups and small, growing companies. In all fairness, yes, things always deviate from the the original plan but, I will argue, unless it is regulatory or legal, there is always a way to bend and reposition without loosing site of what attracted investors and customers in the first place. So many startups make the usually fatal mistake of abandoning their guiding principles and loosing site the goal when confronted with problems they see as insurmountable.

It's always easier to give up or, compromise your principles to survive, but, in the long run there are no true rewards on that path.

I absolutely love that comment RJF. In my view, success can be boiled down to the expression of one's vaunted principles and virtue. Many projects will likely fall by the wayside when they realise that institutional and user reluctance to use their products is the result of them taking an easy route, that has led to regulatory hurdles that can't be overcome but to begin again. Many in the ICO realm have gone with the 'easy route', that doesn't necessarily guarantee long-term success. The messaging in this forum has always praised the novelty and benefits that Initial Coin Offerings may offer, though we have always remained cautious on them with respect to our expectations of regulator responses to security checks that ICO's have historically circumvented. We have often discussed the need for sensible cryptocurrency regulation, and DCEBrief was created to aid these stakeholders as an education tool.

Earlier today I submitted a proposal to one of the largest New Zealand public-sector organizations that is trying to increase their capability in the cryptocurrency space. The consultation document was created in response to a request forwarded to me that originated via the commissioner of the organization themselves, and it is my current understanding that my early session(s) may involve educating executives from other organisations / sitting board of directors. I am very privileged to be in a position to at least help out however I can in my corner of the world. The benefits of getting countries to one-by-one take sensible steps to understanding and making room for cryptocurrencies are enormous, and it is much better to get involved when the policies are being drafted, rather than after the fact. I think that New Zealand could become a huge market for DNotes, given that no cryptocurrency but NAV have a presence in the country, and all applications built in the country are created on proxy platforms like ethereum or outsourced to overseas firms, which mean less control and customizability for those organizations that commission development.

That said, the first step is getting the regulations right.

Tim, that must be a very exciting project to get involved. We are all proud of your involvement. It is vital that the political and regulatory leadership gained a good working knowledge of this generational opportunity that could truly change the world if we can work collaboratively together, instead of against one another.

Again, I was impressed and deeply encouraged by last Tuesday CFTC and SEC Cryptocurrency Senate Banking Committee hearing testimony. Everyone involved was quite knowledgeable, forward-looking, and supportive of innovation. Chairman of the CFTC said it best, “We owe it to this new generation to respect their enthusiasm for virtual currencies, with a thoughtful and balanced response, and not a dismissive one.”
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 10:16:57 PM

I absolutely love that comment RJF. In my view, success can be boiled down to the expression of one's vaunted principles and virtue. Many projects will likely fall by the wayside when they realise that institutional and user reluctance to use their products is the result of them taking an easy route, that has led to regulatory hurdles that can't be overcome but to begin again. Many in the ICO realm have gone with the 'easy route', that doesn't necessarily guarantee long-term success. The messaging in this forum has always praised the novelty and benefits that Initial Coin Offerings may offer, though we have always remained cautious on them with respect to our expectations of regulator responses to security checks that ICO's have historically circumvented. We have often discussed the need for sensible cryptocurrency regulation, and DCEBrief was created to aid these stakeholders as an education tool.

Earlier today I submitted a proposal to one of the largest New Zealand public-sector organizations that is trying to increase their capability in the cryptocurrency space. The consultation document was created in response to a request forwarded to me that originated via the commissioner of the organization themselves, and it is my current understanding that my early session(s) may involve educating executives from other organisations / sitting board of directors. I am very privileged to be in a position to at least help out however I can in my corner of the world. The benefits of getting countries to one-by-one take sensible steps to understanding and making room for cryptocurrencies are enormous, and it is much better to get involved when the policies are being drafted, rather than after the fact. I think that New Zealand could become a huge market for DNotes, given that no cryptocurrency but NAV have a presence in the country, and all applications built in the country are created on proxy platforms like ethereum or outsourced to overseas firms, which mean less control and customizability for those organizations that commission development.

Allow me to deviate slightly here due to what you were saying about regulations. I wonder, how hard would it be for the SEC to create a seperate class for crypto ICOs? The regulatory structures already in place for IPOs could be culled and realigned while being repurposed to fit ICOs without an inordinate amount of work I would think. Something like "Crypto IPO Lite" for online companies. The regulations could be rather simple I would think, something along the lines of verification of the principles, some sort of bond (maybe depends on amount to be raised and final score for the project), proof of concept and usefulness of the end product along with a real white paper and business plan.  

Add background checks and proof of concept and permit them to raise some preset figure depending on scoring those items. Really not much work involved but the pre-qual would show commitment and follow through. It's really a shame that most of these ICOs start out with good intentions but get derailed or smothered in the amount of work required to bring their product to market. Perhaps an online ICO incubator could be available to assist with all the ins and out of turning a crypto idea into an online business. An incubator could also score a project in advance and help in making a decision to proceed or not.

Just some thoughts. I like to take real world systems and project them into the crypto world. I think this will become a speciality and a profitable venture soon enough!

Great work Tim, you are helping to shape our future and build an amazing network.

I believe one day ICO can be regulated and exist in the centralized world. A light touch regulatory framework initially would be helpful to allow things to come together. This has to be very carefully planned from the side of the regulators, as a mistake could have dire consequences. This light touch framework could include, the ICO issuers would have to be responsible for ensuring the reporting of allowing users on the network only after they have verified themselves and met the outlined requirements. It would also require securities exchange rules that fall outside of existing requirements for those that exchange securities today. I don't see how it could happen without cooperation from many parties, and could take a long time to get to that point, as well as a period of time thereafter to bring it in line with existing regulations.

" It would also require securities exchange rules that fall outside of existing requirements "  Right! As I outlined above, this would be a different animal entirely. And due to the elastic nature of crypto, it would need to be flexible in all directions. I think it can be done with some effort and assistance of the crypto community, in fact, that part is mandatory!

PS: Pool's front end is down.

Got you, will let him know.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:42:36 PM

Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing Crypto Use for Payment of State Taxes

https://dcebrief.com/arizona-senate-passes-bill-allowing-crypto-use-for-payment-of-state-taxes/
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:32:06 PM

Allow me to deviate slightly here due to what you were saying about regulations. I wonder, how hard would it be for the SEC to create a seperate class for crypto ICOs? The regulatory structures already in place for IPOs could be culled and realigned while being repurposed to fit ICOs without an inordinate amount of work I would think. Something like "Crypto IPO Lite" for online companies. The regulations could be rather simple I would think, something along the lines of verification of the principles, some sort of bond (maybe depends on amount to be raised and final score for the project), proof of concept and usefulness of the end product along with a real white paper and business plan.  

Add background checks and proof of concept and permit them to raise some preset figure depending on scoring those items. Really not much work involved but the pre-qual would show commitment and follow through. It's really a shame that most of these ICOs start out with good intentions but get derailed or smothered in the amount of work required to bring their product to market. Perhaps an online ICO incubator could be available to assist with all the ins and out of turning a crypto idea into an online business. An incubator could also score a project in advance and help in making a decision to proceed or not.

Just some thoughts. I like to take real world systems and project them into the crypto world. I think this will become a speciality and a profitable venture soon enough!

As it stands now, DNotes stakeholders really have zero vested interest in the fate of ICO's. It would be a foolish waste of resources to lobby for lenient ICO regulation, when we have already charted a path to do an IPO that is legal by todays standards. I do agree that the ability for the little guy to invest and raise capital is important, but not when it involves do nothing schemes that sell mystery and deception to make their founders rich beyond belief. I don't think I've seen 10 projects out of the hundreds and hundreds of ICO's that have even come close to accomplishing what they set out to do.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 09:56:32 PM

For the next few days, and likely on and off for a while thereafter, I will be working on the white paper. Tim has gotten most of the information in there, and has done a great job describing how DNotes and DNotes Global Inc will work together as a system. Now it will be a matter of refining the text, the story, and the flow to make it easy to understand. Formatting, which we have decided to use a web page format for its flexibility and ease of sharing. Graphics and visual aids to explain complex concepts.

The goal, after reading our white paper, will be ensure the reader understands the whole system, the business model, and how all of the components work together and make sense as a entire system to make DNotes a globally accepted supplemental digital currency for the benefit of everyone.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:46:34 AM

No surprise here:

The SEC Man Cometh for ICO Attorneys

Lawyers advising the booming cryptocurrency and token industry may soon face a reckoning from the federal government, former SEC officials told Bloomberg Law.

The Securities and Exchange Commission is expanding its focus from the companies developing initial coin offerings to the hundreds of lawyers who are guiding them through regulatory gray areas. The industry argues it doesn’t fit neatly into existing legal frameworks as global regulators consider whether virtual tokens might be securities — which require strict regulatory compliance.

Attorneys that intentionally misadvised clients or failed to advise disclosure that a token was a security to investors could be fined, prohibited from practicing before the SEC, disbarred, or criminally charged, attorneys told Bloomberg Law.

“I can’t imagine this will end pretty for our sector,” said Aaron Wright, a professor at Yeshiva University’s Cardozo School of Law and chairman of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance legal industry working group. “It could be pretty gruesome.”

The pressure on practitioners stems from their role in classifying the new digital assets created by ICOs at a time when the industry is experiencing explosive growth. Coin offerings raised between $4 billion to $6 billion in 2017 alone. There are no regulations or case law that guide digital asset designation, so attorneys have relied on decades-old precedent — such as the Howey Test — to help companies decide if their assets will function like a currency, security, or a utility token, which can be redeemed for future access to a product or service such as a game.

SEC Chairman Jay Clayton and other regulators have said most ICOs they’ve observed create securities, which require sellers to register with the commission and comply with more stringent laws.

Clayton has repeatedly targeted ICO attorneys in recent remarks, and signaled potential action against practitioners. In at least three instances since December, he has said attorneys need to act more responsibly to uphold securities laws when advising projects and not mislead investors about the nature of a token.

Clayton signaled that more token offerings should be registered, and that ICO attorneys may be failing their clients in that primary analysis because the clients are willing to take the risk. “These lawyers appear to provide the ‘it depends’ equivocal advice, rather than counseling their clients that the product they are prompting likely is a security,” Clayton said Jan. 22 in a speech to the Securities Regulation Institute in Washington.

Some attorneys practicing in the crowded securities space have worked aggressively to market their services to the burgeoning ICO industry. A suspension or prohibition from representing clients before the SEC could be a major blow.

full article - https://www.bna.com/sec-man-cometh-n57982088366/

"There are no regulations or case law that guide digital asset designation, so attorneys have relied on decades-old precedent — such as the Howey Test "

Something doesn't add up here. Applying the Howey Test to virtually any of them, casts little doubt they are securities. Perhaps the "experts" didn't know as much as they thought they did, which is often the case. Or, they are basing their decision on the 'facts' they have been given... I guess we will find out when the gavel falls.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:47:15 AM

Russian Scientists Detained for Attempt to Use Supercomputer for Crypto Mining

https://dcebrief.com/russian-scientists-detained-for-attempt-to-use-supercomputer-for-crypto-mining/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:44:20 AM

No surprise here:

Lawyers advising the booming cryptocurrency and token industry may soon face a reckoning from the federal government, former SEC officials told Bloomberg Law.

The Securities and Exchange Commission is expanding its focus from the companies developing initial coin offerings to the hundreds of lawyers who are guiding them through regulatory gray areas. The industry argues it doesn’t fit neatly into existing legal frameworks as global regulators consider whether virtual tokens might be securities — which require strict regulatory compliance.

Attorneys that intentionally misadvised clients or failed to advise disclosure that a token was a security to investors could be fined, prohibited from practicing before the SEC, disbarred, or criminally charged, attorneys told Bloomberg Law.

“I can’t imagine this will end pretty for our sector,” said Aaron Wright, a professor at Yeshiva University’s Cardozo School of Law and chairman of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance legal industry working group. “It could be pretty gruesome.”

The pressure on practitioners stems from their role in classifying the new digital assets created by ICOs at a time when the industry is experiencing explosive growth. Coin offerings raised between $4 billion to $6 billion in 2017 alone. There are no regulations or case law that guide digital asset designation, so attorneys have relied on decades-old precedent — such as the Howey Test — to help companies decide if their assets will function like a currency, security, or a utility token, which can be redeemed for future access to a product or service such as a game.

SEC Chairman Jay Clayton and other regulators have said most ICOs they’ve observed create securities, which require sellers to register with the commission and comply with more stringent laws.

Clayton has repeatedly targeted ICO attorneys in recent remarks, and signaled potential action against practitioners. In at least three instances since December, he has said attorneys need to act more responsibly to uphold securities laws when advising projects and not mislead investors about the nature of a token.

Clayton signaled that more token offerings should be registered, and that ICO attorneys may be failing their clients in that primary analysis because the clients are willing to take the risk. “These lawyers appear to provide the ‘it depends’ equivocal advice, rather than counseling their clients that the product they are prompting likely is a security,” Clayton said Jan. 22 in a speech to the Securities Regulation Institute in Washington.

Some attorneys practicing in the crowded securities space have worked aggressively to market their services to the burgeoning ICO industry. A suspension or prohibition from representing clients before the SEC could be a major blow.

"There are no regulations or case law that guide digital asset designation, so attorneys have relied on decades-old precedent — such as the Howey Test "

Something doesn't add up here. Applying the Howey Test to virtually any of them, casts little doubt they are securities. Perhaps the "experts" didn't know as much as they thought they did, which is often the case. Or, they are basing their decision on the 'facts' they have been given... I guess we will find out when the gavel falls.

It should not be a surprise that, “The Securities and Exchange Commission is expanding its focus from the companies developing initial coin offerings to the hundreds of lawyers who are guiding them through regulatory gray areas.” That warning bell has been sounded a few times.

Unfortunately, regulating the virtual currency world is easier said than done. There are no quick or easy solutions. Until now, the SEC and CFTC’s enforcement actions have been focused on bad actors involved in frauds and Ponzi schemes. They pledged to “continue to work together to bring transparency and integrity to these markets and, importantly, to deter and prosecute fraud and abuse.” Most certainly. more enforcement actions are expected.

Some regulations may be healthy for our industry. But how do we go about regulating leaderless decentralized entities? Who would be responsible in filing disclosure statements  and keep up with the reporting requirements? 
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:09:37 AM

No surprise here:

It should not be a surprise that, “The Securities and Exchange Commission is expanding its focus from the companies developing initial coin offerings to the hundreds of lawyers who are guiding them through regulatory gray areas.” That warning bell has been sounded a few times.

Unfortunately, regulating the virtual currency world is easier said than done. There are no quick or easy solutions. Until now, the SEC and CFTC’s enforcement actions have been focused on bad actors involved in frauds and Ponzi schemes. They pledged to “continue to work together to bring transparency and integrity to these markets and, importantly, to deter and prosecute fraud and abuse.” Most certainly. more enforcement actions are expected.

Some regulations may be healthy for our industry. But how do we go about regulating leaderless decentralized entities? Who would be responsible in filing disclosure statements  and keep up with the reporting requirements? 

I'm pretty sure the direction this is going is that it will become official that ICOs *are* securities, and as such need to be registered appropriately. If I wanted to run an ICO, I would be making that assumption.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:35:27 PM

No surprise here:

I'm pretty sure the direction this is going is that it will become official that ICOs *are* securities, and as such need to be registered appropriately. If I wanted to run an ICO, I would be making that assumption.

That is a good conclusion, simplified.

I posted various options of November 13, 2017 on Page 93:

"Among others, there are three funding options on our radar:

1.   ICO

Join the party. Using our new DNote 2.0, create a “token” to raise funds for a given project or all the projects. For reasons discussed and more – we are not likely to go down this route. In the United States, as in most countries, it is illegal to sell securities that are not registered or exempt.

2.   Use Regulation A+ Mini-IPO of Title IV Tier II of the JOBS Act

I believe that this is the most viable funding option for DNotes Global, Inc. Reg A+, Title IV, Tier II allows a private growth-stage company like DNotes Global, Inc. to raise up to $50 million from American and foreign investors.

Like an IPO DNotes Global can offer shares to the public; domestic and foreign, and not just accredited investors. However, we will have to submit a filing with audited statements with the SEC and be granted approval before launching a mini-IPO. The complexities, cost, time, and reporting requirements will be significantly less burdensome than a traditional IPO. With the resources, I believe that from the time we make a commitment it can be done in six months.

3.   A concurrent Reg. D & Reg S Initial Coin Offering

Reg D is a United States Federal program created under the Securities Act of 1933, and adopted in 1982. It involves a private placement memorandum designed to provide an exemption for companies to sell securities under certain rules to accredited investors without registration of the securities.

Regulation D consists of 9 Rules with 3 “Basic” exemption Rules. Reg D Rule 506(c) exempts offerings that are sold to investors who have been verified as accredited investors. Reg S exempts offerings made to non-US residents. They both allow for general solicitation and advertising essential to ICOs marketed globally. With professional guidance done correctly, Reg S ICO launched side-by-side with Reg D is a viable option, especially for our clients in the future.

I don’t mean to bore you, but this is relevant to our road-map and the book. NextGenVC is one of our strategic building blocks to involve the corporate world. We are committed to assisting entrepreneurs to improve their chances of business success. Coupled with adequate funding it is also important to take full advantage of our emerging technologies - digital currency, blockchain technologies, and decentralized global payment systems. It is all part of the ecosystems we are building to gain mass acceptance. I know that it is not always easy to see the big picture and connect all the dots."
acryptodealer

Activity: 52
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:39:34 PM

VIDEO UPDATE

Hello everyone. I have received the final version of one of the videos I have in production. This video illustrates why DNotes Global is important to DNotes visually, in a brief video. It took more than 3 weeks full time work for the animator to complete it, we are very appreciative of his efforts.

The next video to release will be our first overview video based on the DNotes Global pitch deck.

DNotes Global -- Ecosystem Preview

I have to say the video is quite impressive and the animations were incredible. However the video raised lots of questions. How do you guys intend to make Dnotes global big and successful? Also how do you plan on making the consulting business a success? Also for accredited investors where can we see the business plan and what secondary markets will it trade on if any?

Welcome acryptodealer, those are great questions. We are working on the documentation for answering those questions in great detail as we speak, including a white paper and pitch deck. I would recommend the brief description I can provide here and now does not do the overall system justice, and it will take some research as well as waiting for our detailed documentation, but I will provide a high level description:

DNotes is a decentralized digital currency and in order to make the decentralized digital currency useful in the centralized world it requires third party involvement to create a 'bridge'. DNotes Global, Inc. is the bridge, and the ecosystem it is creating are all parts and pieces of that bridge, but we took it a step further by creating a cross ownership model between the currency and the company to further increase the bond between them and the interest between the two.

Currently as part of the ecosystem, we have several pre-revenue generating entities, they include:
DCEBrief - a news and information media outlet that delivers objective and informative news on the latest developments in the world of digital currency. News is presented in the condensed format needed by busy executives, business owners, regulators, and other decision-makers. Aside from a platform to educate this group and others on truth versus misconceptions in the digital currency industry, DCEBrief will be an invaluable media resource for global coverage of all DNotes initiatives.
DNotesVault - offers the familiar custodial relationship investors are accustomed to by providing all our stakeholders with secure, guaranteed online storage for their DNotes. With its likely future evolution into an exchange / bank, it will not only operate as a trusted facilitator of everyday transactions like automatic deposits and payroll deductions into our various CRISPs (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans), it will be a financial cornerstone in global commerce and small business success.
CRISP - Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans. Currently Kids, Retirement, Employee Incentive Benefits, Students.
The Four Pillars of Business Success - Revenue from “The Four Pillars of Business Success”, a book written by Alan Yong in which he shares four decades worth of business expertise, will help fund future projects and provides valuable exposure for DNotes, our CRISP program, and the rest of the ecosystem. The Four Pillars member site is an affordable e-mentorship program that provides access to Alan and his team, additional resources, and materials that expand on the concept of the book.
As well as the The Four Pillars of Business Success Membership site and Video Series.
CryptoMoms - addresses a great need within the industry for accurate digital currency education, straightforward and unbiased news, and representation from women. CryptoMoms, launched by DNotes in 2014, provides a digital currency learning center not just for women, but for anyone that would like to learn or ask questions in a friendly and helpful environment. It will also act as a stepping stone toward adoption of DNotes by women’s small businesses.

From there we intend to expand our ecosystem providing digital currency services and platforms as well as into NextGenVC. NextGenVC will be built from a model we will be using for DNotes Global Inc, to build a successful business, identify companies in need of help. Depending on the unique situation, potentially help them raise funds, train them using the four pillars business model and work with their staff, help them create DNotes CRISP programs for their employees, help them accept DNotes for payments and B2B in-network DNotes offerings, build DNotes and DNotes based blockchain applications that help utilize our platform to improve their efficiency.

Here are some links for research reference:
The DNotes story, which also Chapter 15 of the Four Pillars book: http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/
Tim's Podcast interview on the bitcoin podcast: http://dnotescoin.com/the-bitcoin-podcast-had-tim-goggin-from-the-dnotes-team-on-the-show-to-talk-about-dnotes/
Alan's CEO CFO interview: http://www.ceocfointerviews.com/interviews/DNotesGlobal17.htm
The DNotes roadmap: http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-roadmap/
Our blog: http://dnotescoin.com/blog-main-hub/

I can recommend signing up for our newsletter at: http://dnotescoin.com/
When we release the documentation and videos with those greater details, our newsletter subscribers will receive them.

Also, regarding your final question:
We are at the early planning stages of two rounds of funding – Reg. D 506 (c) for $2.5 million, followed by Reg. A+ Mini IPO Title IV Tier 2 to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors worldwide, within a 12-month period. We plan to have DNotes Global, Inc.’s common stock listed on OTCQX secondary market soon after the closing of the A+ funding round.

I like that you guys are starting multiple ventures. Diversification of businesses seems like a solid plan, not all of them will work out, but the ones that do will hopefully make more than the ones that failed.

It seems that you guys are trying to raise quite a large amount of money. I would love to see a detailed plan with how you will be utilizing all the investor money. It seems that Alan doesn't have a motive to steal, and would be incredibly stupid for doing so, but raising such a large amount of money raises a red flag in my eye.

I checked out your guys roadmap from http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-roadmap/ and I have to say you have some very ambitious goals.

I liked the specificity of all the items on the roadmap. I would like to see some proof that you guys have followed through on all the things you said you would do in 2017 that way I can know if you are people who I can trust my money with. These are the items I would like to see proof of:
-Change of codebase from c++ to c# (I checked github, but I'm not familiar with the differences between c++ and c# syntax so I could not discern if the code had been re-written)
-Blockchain Integrated Payment Network (haven't seen this in any DNOTES announcements)
-Governance System (I have not seen this in any recent Announcements)

I'm not trying to attack DNOTES, I just have questions about what is going on in this community as I have not been following it closely.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 08:57:23 PM

VIDEO UPDATE

Hello everyone. I have received the final version of one of the videos I have in production. This video illustrates why DNotes Global is important to DNotes visually, in a brief video. It took more than 3 weeks full time work for the animator to complete it, we are very appreciative of his efforts.

The next video to release will be our first overview video based on the DNotes Global pitch deck.

I have to say the video is quite impressive and the animations were incredible. However the video raised lots of questions. How do you guys intend to make Dnotes global big and successful? Also how do you plan on making the consulting business a success? Also for accredited investors where can we see the business plan and what secondary markets will it trade on if any?

Welcome acryptodealer, those are great questions. We are working on the documentation for answering those questions in great detail as we speak, including a white paper and pitch deck. I would recommend the brief description I can provide here and now does not do the overall system justice, and it will take some research as well as waiting for our detailed documentation, but I will provide a high level description:

DNotes is a decentralized digital currency and in order to make the decentralized digital currency useful in the centralized world it requires third party involvement to create a 'bridge'. DNotes Global, Inc. is the bridge, and the ecosystem it is creating are all parts and pieces of that bridge, but we took it a step further by creating a cross ownership model between the currency and the company to further increase the bond between them and the interest between the two.

Currently as part of the ecosystem, we have several pre-revenue generating entities, they include:
DCEBrief - a news and information media outlet that delivers objective and informative news on the latest developments in the world of digital currency. News is presented in the condensed format needed by busy executives, business owners, regulators, and other decision-makers. Aside from a platform to educate this group and others on truth versus misconceptions in the digital currency industry, DCEBrief will be an invaluable media resource for global coverage of all DNotes initiatives.
DNotesVault - offers the familiar custodial relationship investors are accustomed to by providing all our stakeholders with secure, guaranteed online storage for their DNotes. With its likely future evolution into an exchange / bank, it will not only operate as a trusted facilitator of everyday transactions like automatic deposits and payroll deductions into our various CRISPs (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans), it will be a financial cornerstone in global commerce and small business success.
CRISP - Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plans. Currently Kids, Retirement, Employee Incentive Benefits, Students.
The Four Pillars of Business Success - Revenue from “The Four Pillars of Business Success”, a book written by Alan Yong in which he shares four decades worth of business expertise, will help fund future projects and provides valuable exposure for DNotes, our CRISP program, and the rest of the ecosystem. The Four Pillars member site is an affordable e-mentorship program that provides access to Alan and his team, additional resources, and materials that expand on the concept of the book.
As well as the The Four Pillars of Business Success Membership site and Video Series.
CryptoMoms - addresses a great need within the industry for accurate digital currency education, straightforward and unbiased news, and representation from women. CryptoMoms, launched by DNotes in 2014, provides a digital currency learning center not just for women, but for anyone that would like to learn or ask questions in a friendly and helpful environment. It will also act as a stepping stone toward adoption of DNotes by women’s small businesses.

From there we intend to expand our ecosystem providing digital currency services and platforms as well as into NextGenVC. NextGenVC will be built from a model we will be using for DNotes Global Inc, to build a successful business, identify companies in need of help. Depending on the unique situation, potentially help them raise funds, train them using the four pillars business model and work with their staff, help them create DNotes CRISP programs for their employees, help them accept DNotes for payments and B2B in-network DNotes offerings, build DNotes and DNotes based blockchain applications that help utilize our platform to improve their efficiency.

The DNotes story, which also Chapter 15 of the Four Pillars book: http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/
Tim's Podcast interview on the bitcoin podcast: http://dnotescoin.com/the-bitcoin-podcast-had-tim-goggin-from-the-dnotes-team-on-the-show-to-talk-about-dnotes/
Alan's CEO CFO interview: http://www.ceocfointerviews.com/interviews/DNotesGlobal17.htm

When we release the documentation and videos with those greater details, our newsletter subscribers will receive them.

We are at the early planning stages of two rounds of funding – Reg. D 506 (c) for $2.5 million, followed by Reg. A+ Mini IPO Title IV Tier 2 to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors worldwide, within a 12-month period. We plan to have DNotes Global, Inc.’s common stock listed on OTCQX secondary market soon after the closing of the A+ funding round.

I like that you guys are starting multiple ventures. Diversification of businesses seems like a solid plan, not all of them will work out, but the ones that do will hopefully make more than the ones that failed.

It seems that you guys are trying to raise quite a large amount of money. I would love to see a detailed plan with how you will be utilizing all the investor money. It seems that Alan doesn't have a motive to steal, and would be incredibly stupid for doing so, but raising such a large amount of money raises a red flag in my eye.

I checked out your guys roadmap from http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-roadmap/ and I have to say you have some very ambitious goals.

I liked the specificity of all the items on the roadmap. I would like to see some proof that you guys have followed through on all the things you said you would do in 2017 that way I can know if you are people who I can trust my money with. These are the items I would like to see proof of:
-Change of codebase from c++ to c# (I checked github, but I'm not familiar with the differences between c++ and c# syntax so I could not discern if the code had been re-written)
-Blockchain Integrated Payment Network (haven't seen this in any DNOTES announcements)

I'm not trying to attack DNOTES, I just have questions about what is going on in this community as I have not been following it closely.

Thanks again for your thoughtful questions acryptodealer. We wouldn't treat reasonable and respectful questions as an attack.

It's not just diversification, although beneficial, that is a side effect of creating a profit generating business system that will drive DNotes forward, and all of the components needed to make that happen.

The amount of money raised is a drop in the bucket for creating a globally accepted digital currency and building out the ecosystem, without creating a profit generating business out of it, we don't stand a chance just resting on raising up to $50m. For comparison coinbase has raised something like $217m and that is essentially just to exchange cryptocurrency for fiat.

To clarify, we are not converting to c# for the initial release of DNotes 2.0 and that conversion has become a lower priority, our top priority is getting DNotes 2.0 launched for our target of mid March. The top features for the initial release will be CRISP, automated invoicing system (the first layer of the overall payment network), and potentially cold staking. The other features, such as governance system, are on our list will be later releases.

The DNotes github is indeed in c++. If you found the DNotes 2.0 github version, that is one we are working on for the next release, which is c++. We will update it as we finalize the current features we are working on.

The finer details will all be listed in the white paper. Our white paper is not as much of a technical document as you may be familiar with, it will show a conceptual outline of our system and all the components. It may take a while yet, once Ken and I are finished with it, Alan will have to take his pass, then find help for improving the graphics and finally get approval from legal before we can release it.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:17:36 PM

VIDEO UPDATE

Thanks again for your thoughtful questions acryptodealer. We wouldn't treat reasonable and respectful questions as an attack.

It's not just diversification, although beneficial, that is a side effect of creating a profit generating business system that will drive DNotes forward, and all of the components needed to make that happen.

The amount of money raised is a drop in the bucket for creating a globally accepted digital currency and building out the ecosystem, without creating a profit generating business out of it, we don't stand a chance just resting on raising up to $50m. For comparison coinbase has raised something like $217m and that is essentially just to exchange cryptocurrency for fiat.

To clarify, we are not converting to c# for the initial release of DNotes 2.0 and that conversion has become a lower priority, our top priority is getting DNotes 2.0 launched for our target of mid March. The top features for the initial release will be CRISP, automated invoicing system (the first layer of the overall payment network), and potentially cold staking. The other features, such as governance system, are on our list will be later releases.

The DNotes github is indeed in c++. If you found the DNotes 2.0 github version, that is one we are working on for the next release, which is c++. We will update it as we finalize the current features we are working on.

The finer details will all be listed in the white paper. Our white paper is not as much of a technical document as you may be familiar with, it will show a conceptual outline of our system and all the components. It may take a while yet, once Ken and I are finished with it, Alan will have to take his pass, then find help for improving the graphics and finally get approval from legal before we can release it.

Hi acryptodealer. Those are fair questions, not all of which we have details. We are still at the early planning stages of our funding – getting many things ready. Eventually, all the details will be available in our memorandum filings. This is a long and expensive process, but we feel that it is the right path for us.

“It seems that you guys are trying to raise quite a large amount of money.” We are.

Reg. A+ Mini-IPO Title IV Tier 2 allows registered or exempt securities to raise up to $50 million from accredited and non-accredited investors worldwide over a 12-month period. However, there are no assurances that we can raise the maximum.

DNotes’ solution to some of our industry challenges is based on our Big Bold Vision of a fully integrated ecosystem as outlined in our roadmap, which can be quite capital intensive. Additionally,  DNotes’ success will make it necessary for additional funding in the future.
acryptodealer

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:53:36 PM

VIDEO UPDATE

I like that you guys are moving, however there is a lot of mention of CRISP. I saw it had something to do with blockchain but an explanation from you on what CRISP is and what the retirement plan is would be great. I totally am on board for you guys raising money and starting a large operation, I just want to make sure I understand everything. Also I am really looking forward to the whitepaper even though you mentioned it isn't a whitepaper that I would be familiar with from the types of papers I have read from other cryptocurrencies.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 10:32:16 PM
Merited by TeeGee (25), acryptodealer (1)

VIDEO UPDATE

I like that you guys are moving, however there is a lot of mention of CRISP. I saw it had something to do with blockchain but an explanation from you on what CRISP is and what the retirement plan is would be great. I totally am on board for you guys raising money and starting a large operation, I just want to make sure I understand everything. Also I am really looking forward to the whitepaper even though you mentioned it isn't a whitepaper that I would be familiar with from the types of papers I have read from other cryptocurrencies.

I will be publishing an article on CRISP and DNotesVault, either today or tomorrow. CRISP started as a Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan, the idea was started by Chase here on our forum, which are self directed savings plans implemented on the DNotesVault. This was a way to encourage savings in DNotes, while we are in the beginning stages of growth, and also a targeted outreach program by creating programs specifically for Kids, Students, Employees, Retirement.

The CRISP for Retirement concept was a self directed retirement fund, where the DNotes team funded 1,000,000 DNotes to be paid out as a percentage to depositors based on the amount they deposited. The program became so popular the bonus interest was depleted much more quickly than the target of 5 years we had hoped it would last. Recognizing the tremendous benefit and interest in the program, we decided to incorporate it into the block reward structure of DNotes 2.0.

acryptodealer

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:37:44 AM

Seeing as the roadmap of 2017 was not completed, It would be awesome if you guys could update the roadmap so I can watch for important dates. I work with people who will be interested in your REG D. but we have to see the whitepaper and roadmap first.  Smiley
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:25:00 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 02:00:19 PM by TeeGee

Seeing as the roadmap of 2017 was not completed, It would be awesome if you guys could update the roadmap so I can watch for important dates. I work with people who will be interested in your REG D. but we have to see the whitepaper and roadmap first.  Smiley

Thank you acryptodealer, we're very appreciative of your suggestions.

The roadmap is indeed a bit older now, having been made in ~May last year. With the very uncertain regulatory and technological environment of the time, we left our options open in lieu of taking premature action before external actors like the SEC put a dampener on the ICO party, which was an option we had left open. Since then, we have become a lot more concrete in our direction coming into 2018, and we are certain that we are on the right path to gaining a significant competitive advantage by undertaking a Reg A+ financing round that is regulatorily compliant, and still allows the participation of everyone. We would certainly welcome interest in a Reg D offering that we instigate prior to the Reg A+ round.

At the point that I handed over the whitepaper to Ken and Joe for finishing touches, it stood at 5500 words. Joe and Alan will be adding specificity to the document that I don't hold the clout to complete. The whitepaper covers the main issues that DNotes plan to solve, how DNotes functions as a currency and an application development platform, and explains the benefits of our integrated business ecosystem that will offer an array of blockchain products and financial services (and cover those we have prioritised) to DNotes users', and DNotes Global's business clients, equity-partners, and subsidiaries. It contains a lot more in depth information than what you see in an ICO document (which are generally infographic-based 'whitepapers'), and it has been written to be less difficult to read than a "technical whitepaper" (think zerocash). Technical whitepapers are very rare today anyway in the generation of tokens that are built atop of other platforms, which means that little is offered that is technically innovative so far as the blockchain itself is concerned (hence not a lot that is 'technical' to write about). This also means that few advantages exist that can not be easily replicated outside of the company's marketing and base customer acquisition. This is also why ICO whitepapers tend to focus on how blockchain 'can be' applied to the industry they are entering (though whether it 'should be' in my view is a different question altogether).

I am also looking very forward to seeing the finished version also, and to everybody being able to read it. There are multiple other work streams on the go, but I will leave them to others to announce when they are closer to completion.

R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:00:51 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 02:14:39 PM by R-J-F

As it stands now, DNotes stakeholders really have zero vested interest in the fate of ICO's. It would be a foolish waste of resources to lobby for lenient ICO regulation, when we have already charted a path to do an IPO that is legal by todays standards. I do agree that the ability for the little guy to invest and raise capital is important, but not when it involves do nothing schemes that sell mystery and deception to make their founders rich beyond belief. I don't think I've seen 10 projects out of the hundreds and hundreds of ICO's that have even come close to accomplishing what they set out to do.

Brandon,

Actually, in my opinion, you could not be more wrong. I am NOT saying Dnotes should do an ICO, I'm saying the industry and government should get together and come up with rules and acceptable guidelines for ICOs because they are NOT going to go away anytime soon no matter how much any country would them to. Like it or not, ICO's are part of our industry. Your statement sounds like the hundreds of statements from bankers and officials we have all seen over the years. So, take for example myself. I hold DNotes, I support DNotes, I introduce people to DNotes, I believe in DNotes and I have been with DNotes since the beginning but, I also hold over 50 other coins including the top ten. Some of those started as ICO's and were very successful.

Remember, all this is new, it's all experimental and there will always be good and bad actors in the mix. Don't condemn something because it's popular. DNotes stakeholders can, and will, do whatever they please and none of us really knows who believes in what. No offense but, I suggest you re-read my post, it really had nothing to do with DNotes itself, it was simple a discussion point on the future of our industry. And, I don't recall asking for anyone to lobby for anything, that was simply an idea, do with it what you will.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:48:10 PM
Merited by DNotes (10)

Thank you RJF,

I think the points that both of you have put forward are well made. There has been a lot of talk in this forum that is somewhere in the middle of the two points of view being espoused. We have discussed here at length the difficulties that the current ICO industry present, especially when it comes to the creation of fundamental value, earnings to coin capitalization ratio, and bad actors and/or projects that are jumping on the wave of ICO excitement and going forward to raise by many factors more than the project requires to 1. be completed, and 2. they would ever be able to acquire through more traditional means. I think that what a lot of people can for now agree on is that the valuation model for many cryptocurrencies is broken, or otherwise 'different' to the way that valuation is decided in more traditional markets -- where earnings (intrinsic value) is generally loosely pegged to market capitalization. People who have invested in DNotes itself, need not be worried about regulatory announcements by the SEC (or other government agencies in the US or abroad) to the same degree as they may need to in the nearer term compared to their investments in other ICO-based projects (which I believe Brandon may have meant). To be fair, the speed of innovation in this industry has been phenomenal, and the ICO has been pivotal in creating the competitive advancement in blockchain technology that DNotes have been able to observe, and take note of as a 'test market' of both what to do and what not to do (a/b testing done on our behalf).

Regulatory announcements in the ICO space will be followed with a keen eye by the DNotes executive team, as we plan Initial Coin Offerings to be a part of Next Gen VC. However we believe that ICOs need to be done right, within the regulatory framework for confidence of both fundraising partners and investors.

Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: