Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:27:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148790 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:34:51 PM

$18B Bleeds Overnight From Blockchain Economy as Bitcoin Drops to 13 Month Low

https://dcebrief.com/18b-bleeds-overnight-from-blockchain-economy-as-bitcoin-drops-to-13-month-low/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:45:05 PM

Swiss Stock Exchange to List World’s First Multi-Crypto ETP

https://dcebrief.com/swiss-stock-exchange-to-list-worlds-first-multi-crypto-etp/

The Swiss really seem to be embracing Crypto, good example for the rest of the world.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
DCEBrief

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:21:51 PM

OKEx Raises Furor with Forced Early Settlement of Bitcoin Cash Futures Contracts

https://dcebrief.com/okex-raises-furor-with-forced-early-settlement-of-bitcoin-cash-futures-contracts/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 02:10:52 AM

We have created a trading bot, currently for use with STEX and Bittrex exchanges (more in future) and it is ready for live testing. The bot is very simple to learn and use, as well as beneficial to the markets. You can create static ping pong grids.

To understand how this works, let's look at a single example bot:
In this example, we'll set the supported exchange = Stex
Enter the market with a = Buy
Available market = NOTE_BTC
Buy Price = 0.00000280
Buy Amount = 100
Sell Price = 0.00000300
Sell Amount = 100

What will happen is it will create the initial buy order for 100 DNotes at 0.00000280. That buy order will remain there until someone sells into it and that order is completely filled. Once the buy order is completely filled, it will create a a sell order for 100 DNotes at 0.00000300. Once someone buys into the sell order and the sell order is completely filled, the bot will then recreate the buy order for 100 DNotes at 0.00000280. It will continue this cycle forever until you cancel the bot.

You can have as many bots as you want. Building a grid of bots going up and down the buy and sell the price range on the buy and/or sell walls. As the price fluctuates within the selected range for your grid, you will be able to make a profit as the bot cycles.

You can make a profit off either side of the trade, or even split the profit by adjusting your buy and sell price. Using the example for buy 100 DNotes at 00000280 and sell 100 DNotes at 0.00000300, you would profit in BTC. You could profit in DNotes if you bought 100 DNotes at 00000280 and sold 93.5 DNotes at 0.00000300 (also accounting for fees).

You can create customized strategies and grids for the markets you are interested in trading. It currently works with any market listed on STEX or Bittrex. It is a simple yet powerful tool for trading that anyone can learn and use and start bot trading in cryptocurrency.

Most importantly though, this is the demonstration for DNotes Pay Software. Which is an automated paywall that can be integrated into any software, automatically accept payments in DNotes and allow limited time based use of the software, requiring no interference from the payee or need for a third party in the transaction.

If you are interested in helping us test, please send me an email at contact@dnotescoin.com

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 02:41:11 AM

We have created a trading bot, currently for use with STEX and Bittrex exchanges (more in future) and it is ready for live testing. The bot is very simple to learn and use, as well as beneficial to the markets. You can create static ping pong grids.

Buy Price = 0.00000280
Buy Amount = 100
Sell Price = 0.00000300
Sell Amount = 100

What will happen is it will create the initial buy order for 100 DNotes at 0.00000280. That buy order will remain there until someone sells into it and that order is completely filled. Once the buy order is completely filled, it will create a a sell order for 100 DNotes at 0.00000300. Once someone buys into the sell order and the sell order is completely filled, the bot will then recreate the buy order for 100 DNotes at 0.00000280. It will continue this cycle forever until you cancel the bot.

You can have as many bots as you want. Building a grid of bots going up and down the buy and sell the price range on the buy and/or sell walls. As the price fluctuates within the selected range for your grid, you will be able to make a profit as the bot cycles.

You can make a profit off either side of the trade, or even split the profit by adjusting your buy and sell price. Using the example for buy 100 DNotes at 00000280 and sell 100 DNotes at 0.00000300, you would profit in BTC. You could profit in DNotes if you bought 100 DNotes at 00000280 and sold 93.5 DNotes at 0.00000300 (also accounting for fees).

You can create customized strategies and grids for the markets you are interested in trading. It currently works with any market listed on STEX or Bittrex. It is a simple yet powerful tool for trading that anyone can learn and use and start bot trading in cryptocurrency.

Most importantly though, this is the demonstration for DNotes Pay Software. Which is an automated paywall that can be integrated into any software, automatically accept payments in DNotes and allow limited time based use of the software, requiring no interference from the payee or need for a third party in the transaction.

If you are interested in helping us test, please send me an email at contact@dnotescoin.com

A couple notes on security for using a trading bot:

You will need to enter your trading API keys into the trading bot, and secure them with an encryption password. Much like a wallet, if someone gets access to your wallet files and your passphrase, they have the ability to access your private key and steal your coins, or in this case access to your trading keys to trade on your account how they like. The communication from the bot to the exchange is both secure and encrypted. But again, if you have an infected PC, you are still at risk. So please be sure you have up to date anti-malware / anti-virus protection on any machine running a trading bot.

When you create your API keys, be sure not to include withdrawal options. This will protect you against your coins actually being withdrawn from the exchange in the event your information is compromised.

Amadeus82

Activity: 327
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:42:35 AM

Buy Price = 0.00000280
Buy Amount = 100
Sell Price = 0.00000300
Sell Amount = 100

Bot is working as stand-alone program or as browser plugin? I must say that I'm not familiar with this bots, so I'm sorry if I just posted a stupid question Cheesy
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 03:41:50 PM

Bot is working as stand-alone program or as browser plugin? I must say that I'm not familiar with this bots, so I'm sorry if I just posted a stupid question Cheesy

No worries at all Amadeus, you are always welcome to ask any questions. It's a standalone application that runs independently on your windows desktop machine.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

As Alan has mentioned we are working on Hero, the next evolution of CryptoMoms. If anyone is or knows someone who could be interested in highlighting their own profile, company, project, or organization with an interest in empowering women in this new digital age and would like to contribute by writing about it, please send us an email at contact@dnotescoin.com.

We do have strict editorial guidelines. Hero was created to be a platform with the intention of empowering women with positive reinforcement and encouraging women to participate in areas where they are underrepresented in this new digital age by providing information, articles, and news. The content for Hero should be focused on entrepreneurship, business, technology, blockchain, fintech, crypto, finance. Additionally, there should be some articles that inspire women, like success stories, news and current events, and women’s achievements. There will be sections highlighting companies, projects, and people.

DCEBrief

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:08:31 PM

Switzerland’s Largest Trading Exchange SIX Eyeing Blockchain Future

https://dcebrief.com/switzerlands-largest-trading-exchange-six-eyeing-blockchain-future/
DCEBrief

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

Bakkt Bitcoin Futures Product Delayed Until Early 2019

https://dcebrief.com/bakkt-bitcoin-futures-product-delayed-until-early-2019/
DCEBrief

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:28:39 AM

FCA Reportedly Considering Task Force Recommendation to Ban Crypto Derivatives

https://dcebrief.com/fca-reportedly-considering-task-force-recommendation-to-ban-crypto-derivatives/
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:08:31 PM

Tons of interesting news coming out amongst severe recent price decline.

The bot is really cool -- being able to trade any pair on Bittrex and Stex is a very handy tool. It's a great demonstration of how DNotes pay can work, and I can only look forward to a shop full of partner products where software companies add DNotes pay as an additional accepted currency for their product.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 05:19:19 PM

The bot is really cool -- being able to trade any pair on Bittrex and Stex is a very handy tool. It's a great demonstration of how DNotes pay can work, and I can only look forward to a shop full of partner products where software companies add DNotes pay as an additional accepted currency for their product.

Yeap, I lost from the drop, but I believe that from that type of terrible falls, I will learn lots of things from them, and those falls will play important role in my life in future.
Dnotes pay worked fined.  Grin

Welcome motienvolam, the markets have had a significant impact on everyone recently. I hope you get the opportunity to recover from your losses.

Thank you for testing out DNotes Pay, we greatly appreciate it!

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:38:49 PM

Yeap, I lost from the drop, but I believe that from that type of terrible falls, I will learn lots of things from them, and those falls will play important role in my life in future.
Dnotes pay worked fined.  Grin

Welcome motienvolam, the markets have had a significant impact on everyone recently. I hope you get the opportunity to recover from your losses.

Thank you for testing out DNotes Pay, we greatly appreciate it!
Thank you, motienvolam,

I certainly hope that there are lessons learned from this worst correction in our industry’s history. Market value declines of (90% to 95%) are common. Blockchain Hedge Funds may be losing 50% to 75% of their invested capital, with some rumored to be closing shops.

It is not pretty, and the worse is not over. SEC law enforcement on ICO tokens could drag on for a few years. This will put a damper on our industry.

I went forum hopping the last few nights, to get a more personal feel of the state of our industry. Painful – to put it bluntly. Many of the bitcointalk forums I frequented before are almost deserted.  Many seemed to be caught by surprised, but the level of blame game and infighting appeared to have subsided. Obviously, the level of energy has declined noticeably. 

Reasonable people should have predicted this. I am sure more than a few of us did. But overall even reasonable people could be wishful at time. If we were one of those to get rich quick, we could always come up with a few reasons to make it justifiable.

In the real world, true value cannot be created out of thin air. Great ideas are not worth much. (I price them at around a dime per dozen). For a pretty good idea – I would pay for your cup of coffee if you would pay for the tips.

Our industry has a serious valuation problem – sometimes it defies logic.  Unproven ideas, with the right promoters have been valued by the $100s of millions, sometime $ billions.

Love and hate are divided by a thin line. It can be taken to the extreme end of the spectrum, in frustration, fear, and confusion. Although we are losing retail investors by the wave, I hope that we will not ended up with more haters. We must stand up to protect the technology which I truly believe presents a generational opportunity for everyone worldwide.

As I have said before “The Culture of our industry Sucks, but the Technology is Awesome.”

Since the day of launch on February 18, 2014 one of our missions was to cultivate a different culture – one of trust and respect. We have done very well in that regards and will continue that tradition for generations to come. We are most grateful to all of you for your support and inspiration to make this possible.

Possible lessons learned:

Ideas by themselves are not worth much. Don’t just follow and be sold on hype and pipe-dreams. Do your home and focus on facts that a verifiable.

Investors do not like uncertainties. It leads to desertion and extremely caution.

We live in a world governed by the rule of law. And that will not go away.

Trust is invaluable in financial services. If we were to disrupt banks and financial services, we must be more trustworthy than them. So far, our industry has done worse, not better.

We believe that the technology is awesome. The industry may be taking a pause, but at DNotes, we are going full speed ahead – taking a very different route since day one.

In stead of showing off “great ideas” we have been building great projects CryproMoms (evolving to become “HERO”) DNotesVault, CRISP Reward, DCEBrief, and my book “Improve your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business Success, and more.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to You ALL!
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:39:38 PM

Great post Alan, and thank you for always keeping it real!

Many of us have seen this coming for a long time, and I  am very proud of the work that has been done by our team to educate people on the risks of investing in cryptocurrency, and in particular ICOs. It was not an easy path to take. When it seemed like the rest of the world was promoting often illegal and/or fraudulent ICOs, we were willing to take a stand and do the right thing.

As far as what will happen next, I believe history will repeat itself and only the strong will survive.

This article is from 2011, but is even more relevant today:

5 Successful Companies That Survived The Dotcom Bubble

The dotcom era was a speculative bubble formed by the rapid rise and interest in internet companies. During the five years leading up to the peak, many businesses were born with the primary focus of gaining market share through brand building and networking. The theory was that out of a collection of like companies, one was bound to "make it", and businesses and investors alike were more than willing to put their bets on the table. Getting big fast was key to survival, as companies raced to acquire substantial market share, sacrificing profits along the way. With an unprecedented amount of individual investing, the boom pushed the Nasdaq Composite Index to an all-time high of 5132.52 on March 10, 2000.

On March 10, 2000, the Nasdaq reached an all-time high of 5132.52, after which the index faltered until October 9, 2002, having lost 78% of its value.

The next day, the bubble popped and one company after another imploded, fueling an internet sector freefall that lasted for the next two and a half years. Businesses and investors were forced to acknowledge that venture capital and initial public offerings did not guarantee income or make up for the lack of sound business plans. With the spectacular rise and subsequent crash of many of these dotcom companies, few were left standing after the dust had settled.

Full article - https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0711/5-successful-companies-that-survived-the-dotcom-bubble.aspx

The 5 companies were Amazon.com, Ebay, Priceline.com, Shutterfly, Coupons.com

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:25:29 PM

Great post Alan, and thank you for always keeping it real!

Many of us have seen this coming for a long time, and I  am very proud of the work that has been done by our team to educate people on the risks of investing in cryptocurrency, and in particular ICOs. It was not an easy path to take. When it seemed like the rest of the world was promoting often illegal and/or fraudulent ICOs, we were willing to take a stand and do the right thing.

As far as what will happen next, I believe history will repeat itself and only the strong will survive.

This article is from 2011, but is even more relevant today:

5 Successful Companies That Survived The Dotcom Bubble

The dotcom era was a speculative bubble formed by the rapid rise and interest in internet companies. During the five years leading up to the peak, many businesses were born with the primary focus of gaining market share through brand building and networking. The theory was that out of a collection of like companies, one was bound to "make it", and businesses and investors alike were more than willing to put their bets on the table. Getting big fast was key to survival, as companies raced to acquire substantial market share, sacrificing profits along the way. With an unprecedented amount of individual investing, the boom pushed the Nasdaq Composite Index to an all-time high of 5132.52 on March 10, 2000.

On March 10, 2000, the Nasdaq reached an all-time high of 5132.52, after which the index faltered until October 9, 2002, having lost 78% of its value.

The next day, the bubble popped and one company after another imploded, fueling an internet sector freefall that lasted for the next two and a half years. Businesses and investors were forced to acknowledge that venture capital and initial public offerings did not guarantee income or make up for the lack of sound business plans. With the spectacular rise and subsequent crash of many of these dotcom companies, few were left standing after the dust had settled.

Full article - https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0711/5-successful-companies-that-survived-the-dotcom-bubble.aspx

The 5 companies were Amazon.com, Ebay, Priceline.com, Shutterfly, Coupons.com

As always, it’s great to see you on the forum, Chase. And thanks so much for your support.

Thanks for sharing the dot com article. It is very telling. We should have learned but we didn’t.

What would I do if I were a partner of a Hedge Fund with some dried power left?

I would be working twice as hard to identify the 10 most likely coins to be left standing after the dust settled and I would go all in. The technology and industry are here to stay. What is different is that there will be many more new players and it’s going to be massive.

We are well positioned to be an industry leader and strategically built to weather the storm. We are always advancing along a well-defined path because we have a clear vision – mass adoption of DNotes as the inclusive trusted digital currency.   
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:36:32 PM

It's a great article Chase.

I think that in so much of all this, people are all asking the wrong question -- it isn't 'why has the market tanked', but rather 'why did it go up so fast in the first place?'.

That makes for a rather complicated answer that includes over-excitement, crappy business models, and a lack of finance knowledge. I also wrote an Op-Ed today that hopefully will drop soon that talks about ICOs as a commodity of people who think that you can get two dollars out for every dollar put into a system without consequences.

Tons of projects are beginning to falter, most of the reserve currencies that were used to raise funds (Eth / BTC / Neo) are down 75-95%, and projects are shutting shop because they have no earnings, and no reserves to continue functioning. Add to that the SEC's decision to be the world financial police, and many teams are shuting shop or temporarily closing their doors. Just today I saw that a NEO-based exchange called 'Aphelion' closed its exchange due to compliance issues, and low volumes and prices making them completely unprofitable.

Being the last ones standing in this industry would well position anyone to become the next big thing in business -- if you survive, you'll be one of the few with a good reputation to make use of going forward.

DCEBrief

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:25:33 AM

Tom Lee Remains Bullish on Bitcoin, Stands by $15K Price Target

https://dcebrief.com/tom-lee-remains-bullish-on-bitcoin-stands-by-15k-price-target/
DCEBrief

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:32:57 AM

Teens Prefer Crypto & Fortnite’s V-Bucks Over Cash & Gift Cards

https://dcebrief.com/teens-prefer-crypto-fortnites-v-bucks-over-cash-gift-cards/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:54:06 AM

Teens Prefer Crypto & Fortnite’s V-Bucks Over Cash & Gift Cards

https://dcebrief.com/teens-prefer-crypto-fortnites-v-bucks-over-cash-gift-cards/

Let the trend be your friend. A lot of industry problems must be resolved before mass adoption can become a reality. But digital currency is the future of money. It is the natural progression to follow - from the emergence of personal computers to cell phone, Internet, and digital cash.
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: