Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2017, 01:15:42 PM *
News: BIP91 seems stable: there's probably only slightly increased risk of confirmations disappearing. You should still prepare for Aug 1.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people own some amount of bitcoin in the world?  (Read 6376 times)
AjithBtc

Activity: 224

Rivetz

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:29:37 AM

I'm not sure of the reality. But in a overall calculation and based on the popularity it has gained in around 9 years lot people could have came to know about bitcoin as well virtual currency. But when it comes to usage maybe around 3-5% of the people might hold at least few Satoshi.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eann014

Activity: 420

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:37:07 PM

It is too impossible to know that, because some people using more than 1 account so we cannot exactly tell how many people own a bitcoin in the world.

BITVEST DICE
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Frank0209

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:16:14 PM

I think there is no way to know the exactly number but maybe it's about 0.05% of world population.
radjie

Activity: 168

adventure

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 04:57:35 PM

As of 2017? What is the latest statistic?
In the year 2017 bitcoin users increasing in number even every day there are new users who began to plunge in the world of crypto because they see by investing in this digital currency looks very promising, especially its value is very easy to change even can reach very high, Therefore we can not see the number of bitcoins they have from each user.

Yanisumin

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:31:10 AM

Impossible to know exactly, Bitcoin is pseudo anonymous. The only thing we know is the number of BTC addresses created until this moment, but it doesn't give us any estimative as one person can have one or one hundred addresses...

I believe less than 0.05% of world population uses Bitcoin at this moment.

Very well said here. Even if we use mathematics and statistics here it is I possible because we are lacking out of given data's. As of 2017 the population is slowly growing as well as the technology of the internet is reaching out different parts of the world so we have a lot of improvements in information technology, that means that many people will know about cryptocurrencies and btc. The question here is that some people who invest in btc is not known because they have their own way of storing btc, that means we're lacking of number of users and amount of btc at each user. There's a big question mark in this one.

▄ █     ▄
   ▀ █ ▄ ▀ █
 ▄ █ █ █ █ █ ▄
██ █ █ █▄█ █ ██
██▄███▄█ ██████
 ▀▀███▄█████▀▀
██▀▀███████▀▀██
 █▄  ▀███▀  ▄█
 ▀▀▀██▀ ▀██▀▀▀
   ███▀█▀███
   █ █▀█ █ █
     ▀ █ █
     ▀ █
   ▄ █     ▄
   ▀ █ ▄ ▀ █
 ▄ █ █ █ █ █ ▄
██ █ █ █▄█ █ ██
██▄███▄█ ██████
 ▀▀███▄█████▀▀
██▀▀███████▀▀██
 █▄  ▀███▀  ▄█
 ▀▀▀██▀ ▀██▀▀▀
   ███▀█▀███
   █ █▀█ █ █
     ▀ █ █
     ▀ █
   ▄ █     ▄
   ▀ █ ▄ ▀ █
 ▄ █ █ █ █ █ ▄
██ █ █ █▄█ █ ██
██▄███▄█ ██████
 ▀▀███▄█████▀▀
██▀▀███████▀▀██
 █▄  ▀███▀  ▄█
 ▀▀▀██▀ ▀██▀▀▀
   ███▀█▀███
   █ █▀█ █ █
     ▀ █ █
     ▀ █
●  Over 630 Cards
●  32 Heroes in 7 Classes
●  Innovative Dual System
●  Balanced & Varied
●  Great Community
●  FREE to play
[]   ▄ █     ▄
   ▀ █ ▄ ▀ █
 ▄ █ █ █ █ █ ▄
██ █ █ █▄█ █ ██
██▄███▄█ ██████
 ▀▀███▄█████▀▀
██▀▀███████▀▀██
 █▄  ▀███▀  ▄█
 ▀▀▀██▀ ▀██▀▀▀
   ███▀█▀███
   █ █▀█ █ █
     ▀ █ █
     ▀ █
Logik

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:16:37 PM

As of 2017? What is the latest statistic?
In the year 2017 bitcoin users increasing in number even every day there are new users who began to plunge in the world of crypto because they see by investing in this digital currency looks very promising, especially its value is very easy to change even can reach very high, Therefore we can not see the number of bitcoins they have from each user.

Its very hard to predict what are the exact number of users using bitcoins or holding bitcoins in their wallet and no doubt that bitcoin is becoming more and more popular but even though there are very few people at a moment who knows bitcoins and are using it but in future the percentage of users will increase for sure.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Smarty14392

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:31:26 AM

Counting the actual amount of people holding bitcoins is a quite hard job or nearly impossible. I think, more than 10-15 bitcoins might be mined each 20-30 minutes so the number of bitcoins may be increasing rapidly. Many people hold a quite large amount of bitcoins including huge traders and investors. Also some people who used to mine bitcoins a long time ago in 2009/2010 had plenty of shares of bitcoins due to low difficulty in mining and now they are millioners. We cant actually guess the exact number of peoples using bitcoins but as the craze and price of bitcoin is rapidly growing, im sure many more people will surely join this bitcoin world.

Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:27:57 AM

Sure most of the people have own some amount of bitcoin in the worldwide. Usually i see bitcoin users are here in all over the world but it is impossible to know the perfect figure how many people are here of bitcoin's users? So our guess is enough. But i am also sure in the coming years bitcoin would be know in all over the world as a popular and powerful crypto currency.

FORTUNEJACK.COM[

WIN A SHARE OF 5BTC EVERY WEEK ON LEADERBOARD
FREE 1,000 mBTC daily for LuckyJack winners
[

]
Flyyyy

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:39:36 PM

Now there is news that bitcoin will be taken by India. The population of this country is numerous, and this will give a good development to bitcoin. I think that soon about 5 percent of the population will know about bitcoin.
ct66

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:50:42 PM

It really depends on what period do you mean,i believe that untill btc whent so much up the nu,ber of those who owned it was little,but now that it is so muc hup and is tax free i think many ppl bought it
Frank0209

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:09:14 PM

Now there is news that bitcoin will be taken by India. The population of this country is numerous, and this will give a good development to bitcoin. I think that soon about 5 percent of the population will know about bitcoin.
You should remember that know diffrent with own Smiley) Everyone can easily know about bitcoin but it's not easy for everyone has some amount of bitcoin so in my opinion It's impossible to know the exactly number about bitcoin owners
Insanerman

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:40:42 PM

I do not know if this is updated but on this link below are the top bitcoin rich list based on their wallet addresses. They have almost identical lists, very informative.

1. https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

2. http://bitcoinrichlist.com/top100

Duzter

Activity: 126

XUC

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:43:45 PM

Periodically the users around the world for bitcoin as well other digital currency keeps on increasing. Based on this I hope right now the users of bitcoin all around the world might be around the margin of 0.5% and based on the segwit activation can get more users into usage before the ongoing year end.

Labumi

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:58:00 PM

i think well this answer is only based on my opinion, many of the people in the world holding bitcoins because they know that bitcoin has a huge potential in cryptocurrency well some people said it is the future of currency, my answer here is many people and there is some billionaires group that hold the biggest stack of bitcoins.

Well, it is if we look at the technology that brought bitcoin it certainly will provide many advantages for the majority of users of the bitcoin. But now there are a few things that can provide enough impact to make some people confused to stick forward or backward, for there are several propositions about the separation of the bitcoin or segwit on next month. And there are some news circulated that later there will be some things that are bad, so it's one of the things that we can indeed consider to do something right when it's getting valid information

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
    █████               █████████████▌
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
zedsacs

Activity: 196

TrueFlip ICO: 28 of June 2017

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:05:04 AM

As far as I know, there is no such thing that can tell wether the average amount of a single earner at least have. But for sure i think the average amount of a single bitcoin earner at least is .0001. It's just for me hehe

BitcoinPC

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:18:42 PM

Periodically the users around the world for bitcoin as well other digital currency keeps on increasing. Based on this I hope right now the users of bitcoin all around the world might be around the margin of 0.5% and based on the segwit activation can get more users into usage before the ongoing year end.

Basically bitcoin has a limited number and Bitcoin has  21million bitcoins only. Then we could guess how many bitcoins have been used and i think near about 15million to 16 million people have bought it, and it is very low number of the whole world's people who are using it, than you are right it will be 0.5% of the world people who are using the bitcoin.     

chineseprancing

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:22:25 PM

I have no idea how many people own bitcoin in the world. But I believe that most of the people own bitcoin in the world was work hard to achieve it. Also, those people earn bitcoin were become rich in the future due to good condition of bitcoin value in the market.

oegarod

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:10:38 PM

Right now the usage of bitcoin has been increasing gradually. Same time the legalised usage with the government accepting it similar to the traditional fiat too is increasing in a large scale. Maybe by now the percentage of people having small amount of bitcoin might be around 4%

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMCOIN  ●  The Future of Equity on The Blockchain   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | July 1st, 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 1232

Put BTC here: 1GSwznUNG4co5rS3ctmRgtYGcWiHAnwAyj

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:39:52 PM

Right now the usage of bitcoin has been increasing gradually. Same time the legalised usage with the government accepting it similar to the traditional fiat too is increasing in a large scale. Maybe by now the percentage of people having small amount of bitcoin might be around 4%

Do you really believe that?

There are about 7 Billion people in the world.

4% - 280,000,000  - That is 280 million.  I think that we are lucky if .4% of the population owns some bitcoin, and that would be 28 million...

1% would be 70 million. 

Of course, there are people  and there are various kinds of institutions, companies, affiliations, organizations and governments that could also own bitcoin - but we seem to be quite a distance from even achieving 1%, no?

I think that you can put all the cryptos together, and still fall quite short of 1%.  I think that there has been some research already that support plausible conclusions that there is a lo tof overlapping between the holders of bitcoin and the holders of various other cryptos, so including all the cryptos does not exponentially increase your total number, but it could double or triple the total number who hold some crypto, perhaps.

Put BTC here: 1GSwznUNG4co5rS3ctmRgtYGcWiHAnwAyj
rhamzter

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:09:44 AM

Until now there's no basis of numbers of people who own bitcoin in the world, but I was believe that almost 25% of people known bitcoin and maybe half or 12.5% of this had own bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.