Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2017, 12:53:48 PM *
News: BIP91 seems stable: there's probably only slightly increased risk of confirmations disappearing. You should still prepare for Aug 1.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people own some amount of bitcoin in the world?  (Read 6208 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 1232

Put BTC here: 1GSwznUNG4co5rS3ctmRgtYGcWiHAnwAyj

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:37:12 AM

Until now there's no basis of numbers of people who own bitcoin in the world, but I was believe that almost 25% of people known bitcoin and maybe half or 12.5% of this had own bitcoin.

Wow!!!! The speculation is becoming more extreme.  Do you know how many people is 12.5%?  You cannot believe that 12.5% of the world's population owns bitcoin?  Really?

There are 7 billion people.

you are saying that 875 million people own some bitcoin?  Holly, fucking, mollie!!!!    Shocked Shocked Shocked

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
buwaytress

Activity: 322

I bit, therefore I am

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:30:57 AM

Actually, there is one recent research published by Cambridge, that estimates at least 2.9 million unique cryptocurrency users, most of whom are Bitcoin. So that conservative estimate means we're at approximately 0.03% adoption in terms of crypto. You can read it here:

https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/fileadmin/user_upload/research/centres/alternative-finance/downloads/2017-global-cryptocurrency-benchmarking-study.pdf

Spam posters, I thought I just wanted to re-share the link (as I've been reading it again). It's by no way the most accurate data around, but it's certainly one of the more credible (and recent) ones out there, published in April 2017.

There are other research pieces coming up that look at users of services who use Bitcoin, and it's interesting to see an aggregate of around 1-5% of digital payments from Bitcoin being quoted across quite a number of places. Only, I feel this isn't a representation of people starting to use crypto, more like that the availability of crypto as a payment method has attracted Bitcoin users.

Hamphser

Activity: 110

True Flip ICO: 28 of June 2017

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:35:53 PM

As of 2017? What is the latest statistic?
No statistics since bitcoin is anonymous and also 1 person could able to make hundreds of wallet address if hed want to, which means we cant really able to identify out on how many people do have bitcoins. Even if you do plan to make countings for sure it would really takes time or even nearly impossible to know such thing. We shouldnt really bother at all on this kind of thing.

●●●TrueFlip● #TOKEN SALE BEGINS[/url
Potato Chips

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:44:35 PM

No statistics since bitcoin is anonymous and also 1 person could able to make hundreds of wallet address if hed want to, which means we cant really able to identify out on how many people do have bitcoins. Even if you do plan to make countings for sure it would really takes time or even nearly impossible to know such thing. We shouldnt really bother at all on this kind of thing.

Exactly, thats why i don't know why people are believing articles about statistics of it with some kind of graph included. its probably made up or from a survey not even close to

rough numbers. either way the information is not proven to be trusted enough. we don't actually need this info as we can determine if the users are increasing using the price

and what the world around us talks about.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
The Future of Equity on The Blockchain
nidacoinlove

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 12:45:28 PM

Until now there's no basis of numbers of people who own bitcoin in the world, but I was believe that almost 25% of people known bitcoin and maybe half or 12.5% of this had own bitcoin.

Wow!!!! The speculation is becoming more extreme.  Do you know how many people is 12.5%?  You cannot believe that 12.5% of the world's population owns bitcoin?  Really?

There are 7 billion people.

you are saying that 875 million people own some bitcoin?  Holly, fucking, mollie!!!!    Shocked Shocked Shocked
It is just speculation and exaggeration, no one knows the exact number of people using bitcoin because we don't know how many wallets a person is keeping?
The number of bitcoin wallets can be counted but again it doesn't mean that the number of wallets is reflecting the number of users.

laredo7mm

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:55:12 AM

Its impossible to calculate the exact number of bitcoin users in the world but one thing is sure that there are very few people at a moment that owns or earn bitcoins as bitcoin is still not too popular and it will take long time for it to reach to each and every corner of the world.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
clearcrystal

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:48:27 AM

I don't know accurate statistics but, very less percentage of people hold the Bitcoins for alternate purposes. There is one main reason behind that, Bitcoin has a very lack in the popularity. Assured that the percentage of people are increased in the last two years compared to previous years. The Bitcoin technology will spread if banks accepting bitcoins as most of the people are addicted to the banking system. Like Banks, Bitcoins also secure to invest. In coming years, we hope that the % of people will increase.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:02:16 PM

Not at all possible to get an accurate count for the number of people holding or having small amount of bitcoin. I believe only countable number of people use bitcoin around the world but the wallets generated were high than the users. So an approximation can be made and total people holding bitcoin might be around 5%

5% is too high an estimate. That's very far from reality. Right now, the world's population is at least 7 Billion. 5 percent of the world's population makes a staggering 350 million. I don't think we have that much bitcoin users in the world right now. While there are 16 billion BTCs overall, much of this is actually held by a bunch of people only. With all certainty, BTC users in the world accounts much much lesser than 1 percent. But BTC remains to be very influential though because of its value.

MMysterious

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:21:53 PM

Not at all possible to get an accurate count for the number of people holding or having small amount of bitcoin. I believe only countable number of people use bitcoin around the world but the wallets generated were high than the users. So an approximation can be made and total people holding bitcoin might be around 5%

5% is too high an estimate. That's very far from reality. Right now, the world's population is at least 7 Billion. 5 percent of the world's population makes a staggering 350 million. I don't think we have that much bitcoin users in the world right now. While there are 16 billion BTCs overall, much of this is actually held by a bunch of people only. With all certainty, BTC users in the world accounts much much lesser than 1 percent. But BTC remains to be very influential though because of its value.

It should be around 100 million people or at least 1% of the world population. Although maybe half of these numbers don't own significant amount like at least 1 bitcoin. We should be lucky to be part of this as bitcoin price will continue to increase in the next years to come.

Monnt

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:57:41 PM

It should be around 100 million people or at least 1% of the world population. Although maybe half of these numbers don't own significant amount like at least 1 bitcoin. We should be lucky to be part of this as bitcoin price will continue to increase in the next years to come.
1% to 4% of world population can be a meaningful estimation unless otherwise every bitcoiner voluntarily come forward to disclose about their adaptability of bitcoins. I believe there will be no significance of finding how many people are owning bitcoins but we must try to find out how many merchants are ready to accept bitcoin payments. Because that alone will be helping bitcoin ecosystem to boom.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄             
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █   
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀               
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
savon2k

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:30:56 PM

Enough.. So do not lose time Wink

n0ne

Activity: 546

DENT

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 03:10:46 PM

I don't think that right now there will be around 100 million people using bitcoin as well other digital currencies. The user base is increasing gradually in a much better manner as bitcoin is getting more popularity and usage similar to the fiat through the regulated usage of bitcoin.

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
fluturash

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:36:45 PM

I don´t think we can know how many persons use bitcoin or any other altcoin . Also many persons don´t even understand what bitcoin is , doesn´t trust it and don´t want to learn about it . I was telling someone about it the other day and she was like ¨What do you use it for? ¨I was like ¨It is money , hope you understand now ¨. She was still lost . But I have a friend that wants to learn about it and want to use it .
john yuan

Activity: 56

Opus, Music Decentralized 7/24

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:25:22 PM

That do not know!
This number must be very small, one ten thousandth of the good. Cry

eann014

Activity: 420

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:33:19 PM

Now there is news that bitcoin will be taken by India. The population of this country is numerous, and this will give a good development to bitcoin. I think that soon about 5 percent of the population will know about bitcoin.
If this happens, bitcoin value will remain good, it is good to know that population of users of bitcoin are increasing which is good for us. Bitcoin will surely have a great future and I think it will remain and it will not go too soon. We may not know exactly how many people owned bitcoin in this world but it is okay as long as it’s still better that for the meantime, bitcoin is still have a good value in the present time.

BITVEST DICE
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Obito

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:52:02 PM

Indeed, as of now there's no one can say how many people are using bitcoin because bitcoin is anonymous yet, everyone of us is capable to make a hundreds of wallet addressa and account. For example, in this forum we can say that few members here has a multiple account. However, if you wanted to trace the link address then go but I can say that you are just wasting your time because it will take a long time for you inorder to identify them.

Vixmore

Activity: 385

Hire Me To Manage Your Campaign!

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:47:58 AM

It is hard to tell exactly. A report was made in 2016 stating that around 2-4 million users currently hold bitcoin. Another website suggested a total of 14 million wallets had been in use. Of course, that was back then. Looking at those numbers, I would say that around 16 million wallets have been created up to date, however, this number is very much debatable. I would say though that we will be able to see these numbers grow exponentially and not linearly.
Vaskiy

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:35:11 AM

It is hard to tell exactly. A report was made in 2016 stating that around 2-4 million users currently hold bitcoin. Another website suggested a total of 14 million wallets had been in use. Of course, that was back then. Looking at those numbers, I would say that around 16 million wallets have been created up to date, however, this number is very much debatable. I would say though that we will be able to see these numbers grow exponentially and not linearly.
Exact calculation is impossible, because only way that's possible to calculate the number of users is through the number of wallets generated. Same time we need to understand that every user has got at least a minimum of around 3 different wallet in different service providers or in the same wallet service. On the whole in my view the user base for bitcoin seems to be around 2-3% of the population.

osmo

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:18:27 PM

In my opinion can not give exact figures how many bitcoin in the world, because bitcoin is not like money and do not have serial number like money

equator

Activity: 756

Anonymous bitcoin mixer

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:50:50 PM

In my opinion can not give exact figures how many bitcoin in the world, because bitcoin is not like money and do not have serial number like money

What you said is correct because even their are so many wallet address which are holding so many bitcoins but their owner have lost the key to open that wallet and some of them thrown it when the price was very low and in angry they just thrown it thinking it as loss and today they seeing the price and they are feeling sorry for their action.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender