Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2017, 10:08:53 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people own some amount of bitcoin in the world?  (Read 9610 times)
iram3130

Activity: 854

★KICKICO★

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:11:01 PM

Not at all possible to get an accurate count for the number of data

I think less than 0.01% of the world's population holds Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies for sure. We can get how much of Fiat is in cryptocurrencies but getting to know how many people are owning is quite complicated.

KICKICO██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
|██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wahb

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:59:25 PM

I think less than 0.01% of the world's population holds Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies for sure. We can get how much of Fiat is in cryptocurrencies but getting to know how many people are owning is quite complicated.
not  i am not agree with you. the popularity of bitcoin is increasing from time to time. and that is the reason that the users of bitcoin are now present in all over the world. i think there will be not a single country who are not using bitcoin, so i can say that the popularity of bitcoin will more that 2 % of the total population of the world. and hope that very soon its number will be increasing more and more.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
The Future of Equity on The Blockchain
xIIImaL

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:08:31 PM

May be you are correct because I have undergone with this below link details. It contains the addresses combined with addresses where you can find the huge amount bitcoin, but we cannot identify the exact number people use it still.

https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html
legarde23

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 05:45:25 PM

I guess 40% of the people in the world own some amount of bitcoins rotschild has the 60% said on the blog that i read.
DainSLane

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:48:34 AM

I guess 40% of the people in the world own some amount of bitcoins rotschild has the 60% said on the blog that i read.
i think no out of 7.5 billion population at this time there's no way 40% of people use bitcoins as of now i think it's just 0.5% who knows there is no specific data because of bitcoin anonymity but maybe bitcoin in the future will take over the world because some country like japan legalize bitcoin.

jc89

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:41:41 PM

As of 2017? What is the latest statistic?

I cannot comprehend why people are continuously asking this type of question since it is obvious that it is impossible. How about they ask first about how to know the actual number of people have bitcoin around the world before asking how many people have bitcoins. Even by asking all the people in the world if they have bitcoin, the result may be inaccurate since not everyone will admit that they are using bitcoin just to secure their anonymity.

CloudStrife

Activity: 253

From Scratch | DAG Algo | Highly Scalable

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:47:34 PM

The interesting thing about Bitcoin is that for years the currency price was extremely low, allowing investors around the world to get in. In addition, there was a 90% crash, more than once, making it easier for other people to become part of it.

cryptomium

Activity: 111

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:15:52 PM

It is hard to say how many people own some amount of bitcoin because one person can have or own thousand of addresses.  Aside from  that it will take long time to trace one person's btc address.  So I say it is very hard to tell the number of people that owns some BTC.

savioroshan

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:22:57 AM

There is no meaning in asking such a useless question. First of all bitcoin transaction is anonymous. Then how can someone calculate how many people have bitcoins in their wallets. We can only guess how many are having bitcoins and I guess may be 10% of the world population
own bitcoins because cryptocurrencies  are not so popular but its getting popular nowadays.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 854

Betcoin.ag - Trusted Platform for Gambling

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 11:19:12 AM

There is no meaning in asking such a useless question. First of all bitcoin transaction is anonymous. Then how can someone calculate how many people have bitcoins in their wallets. We can only guess how many are having bitcoins and I guess may be 10% of the world population
own bitcoins because cryptocurrencies  are not so popular but its getting popular nowadays.
It doesn't sound useless, because such predictions only help with the calculations of average number of bitcoin users based on the usage all around the globe. In my view we are very less in number, may be some 2-5% and expect a increase close to 20% by 2018 end as the popularity and spreading is happening good these days.

aTriz

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:17:46 PM

That is actually not possible to even estimate the number of people using bitcoin, and blockchain network. It is because that the chance to get the wallet address that was already generated is pretty much 0: it is so rare, that we should not even consider it as a possible scenario.
As you probably already know, bitcoins can be tracked, but there is no any way to list address or wallet to some specific person. It makes the whole task you are saying about impossible.
You should bear in mind that people can own many bitcoin addresses, and also many wallets were created and never used.
If you found out some brilliant idea to check it then give it to us but well... Im sure there is no such a solution Smiley

bitcoinisbest

Activity: 378

Happy Independence Day

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:36:32 PM

I think as the bitcoin has being getting popular across world now so generally it should be 1% of the world should be owning or at least would have owned sometime in their life. Well there are 1000 altcoin and btc so many would have held atcoin or btc for that matter atleast once for sure.
krisnt80

Activity: 286

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:46:57 PM

Its impossible to know the real size of people with bitcoin, knowing anyone can have more then one single wallet at each provider, i would say there are around 1-3 milion people with bitcoin, even knowing this number is growing all days as well.

▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
            ▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
[]▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
Lumada

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:52:55 PM

Its impossible to know the real size of people with bitcoin, knowing anyone can have more then one single wallet at each provider, i would say there are around 1-3 milion people with bitcoin, even knowing this number is growing all days as well.

I agree. Multi signature wallet is widely used nowadays and many bitcoin mixers are available to hide bitcoin transaction. So it is very hard to tract bitcoin holders.

Gotottack

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:14:56 PM

I still think it is way below 1% of the world. I haven't even met anyone who even had a satoshi in his wallet ever in real life. So, I guess that's still a really low number. Though, what's good is that there are plenty of people who knows about bitcoins and awareness is really raising.

Kemarit

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:21:50 PM

With Japan legalizing it, I do think that people owning some bitcoin in their wallet has increased. But it is still hard to make a educated guess on how many people globally or the percentage of the total population have bitcoin. But I believed that more and more people are aware now of bitcoin and this is growing every day. Perhaps we will never really know the exact figure. We don't know where to start with, should we used bitcoin address? I think this is not an accurate method to used because many of us have multiple addresses to begin with.

couture

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:31:38 AM

Roughly speaking though

Do we think there are tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Millions? Tens of millions?

Would just be interesting to ponder... I think it would be in the hundreds of thousands...
virtualdn

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:42:18 AM

Probably around 0.05-0.1% You guys are too optimistic around here

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 896

Twitter.com/Gilangdonk

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 10:08:38 AM

We can not count the exact number of bitcoin users this year. No data can provide all such information. If seen from the number of wallet address then there has been a remarkable increase compared to last year, but this can not be a benchmark because everyone can have dozens of wallet address. The one thing that makes me believe is that nowadays the number of bitcoin users has improved fantastically, I see it from the enthusiasm of everyone in the world. They appreciate bitcoin very well, treating bitcoin as an important thing.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
arpon11

Activity: 140

Happy Independence Day

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 01:08:06 PM

Impossible to know exactly, Bitcoin is pseudo anonymous. The only thing we know is the number of BTC addresses created until this moment, but it doesn't give us any estimative as one person can have one or one hundred addresses...

I believe less than 0.05% of world population uses Bitcoin at this moment.
like you said is very difficult to know the number of bitcoin's owner and amount they are own but we can easily confirm about the numbers  of bitcoin own by individual wallet from blockchain. I think for now over 1% of world population own bitcoin now.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.