Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2017, 02:23:59 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people own some amount of bitcoin in the world?  (Read 3769 times)
halych

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:52:19 PM

Impossible to know exactly, Bitcoin is pseudo anonymous. The only thing we know is the number of BTC addresses created until this moment, but it doesn't give us any estimative as one person can have one or one hundred addresses...

I believe less than 0.05% of world population uses Bitcoin at this moment.
like you said is very difficult to know the number of bitcoin's owner and amount they are own but we can easily confirm about the numbers  of bitcoin own by individual wallet from blockchain. I think for now over 1% of world population own bitcoin now.

I, too, tend to be more than 1% of the population know about bitkoin at the moment. Especially rapidly the number of users increased while Japan legalized Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MFahad

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:18:39 AM

Impossible to know exactly, Bitcoin is pseudo anonymous. The only thing we know is the number of BTC addresses created until this moment, but it doesn't give us any estimative as one person can have one or one hundred addresses...

like you said is very difficult to know the number of bitcoin's owner and amount they are own but we can easily confirm about the numbers  of bitcoin own by individual wallet from blockchain. I think for now over 1% of world population own bitcoin now.

I, too, tend to be more than 1% of the population know about bitkoin at the moment. Especially rapidly the number of users increased while Japan legalized Bitcoin

Last 2 years bitcoin rapidly start to know in all over the world.
But i am disagree with you, not only 1% population of the world know about bitcoin.
You also know that Australia also announced to accept the bitcoin as a currency, it mean whole Australia know about bitcoin, than same situation is here in all over the world.
I think 25% to 30% population of the world know about bitcoin.
But how many people use it and have bitcoin?  No one have exact number. 

pecson134

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:39:10 AM

like you said is very difficult to know the number of bitcoin's owner and amount they are own but we can easily confirm about the numbers  of bitcoin own by individual wallet from blockchain. I think for now over 1% of world population own bitcoin now.

But i am disagree with you, not only 1% population of the world know about bitcoin.
You also know that Australia also announced to accept the bitcoin as a currency, it mean whole Australia know about bitcoin, than same situation is here in all over the world.
But how many people use it and have bitcoin?  No one have exact number.  

Exactly. Even those 25%-30% who knew bitcoins is still an estimate maybe today it may be larger than you think. And from those people who knows bitcoins, there were still people who doesn't willing or not yet interested to enter the bitcoin industry despite having the basic knowledge. You can't really count the exact number if we are dealing with large numbers.

Vaskiy

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:41:55 AM

like you said is very difficult to know the number of bitcoin's owner and amount they are own but we can easily confirm about the numbers  of bitcoin own by individual wallet from blockchain. I think for now over 1% of world population own bitcoin now.

Exactly. Even those 25%-30% who knew bitcoins is still an estimate maybe today it may be larger than you think. And from those people who knows bitcoins, there were still people who doesn't willing or not yet interested to enter the bitcoin industry despite having the basic knowledge. You can't really count the exact number if we are dealing with large numbers.
Yeah, exact calculation of bitcoin users is not a possible one. The only way is to have random predictions, and the same seems to give us an approximation. From this I hope the user base would be around 5%, which might have got rised due to the ongoing mass adoption. Around 30% might be aware of bitcoin as stated. Hope they would soon start using it for an better growth.

maydna

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:56:20 PM

Yeah, exact calculation of bitcoin users is not a possible one. The only way is to have random predictions, and the same seems to give us an approximation. From this I hope the user base would be around 5%, which might have got rised due to the ongoing mass adoption. Around 30% might be aware of bitcoin as stated. Hope they would soon start using it for an better growth.

yeah its too hard to know how many people own bitcoin in their wallet because i guess that every people will have more than 3 wallet address including wallet from market exchanges. although we check on the blockchain, its still hard to know how many wallet address that owned by someone and i think its better if we are only check what we have in our wallet and not trying to know this. with so many people join in bitcoin world, i see that wallet address has been generates into thousand in a day and maybe one person can have many wallet address for many purpose.

jc89

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:02:30 PM

I believe that the only post you read is the last one and did not mind the first two. They are discussing that about 1% of the population of the Earth uses/have bitcoin and not just know Bitcoin. Maybe the arpon just used the term "know" not knowing that he is replying to a subject that is concerned about "own" and not "know". Nonetheless, regardless of the reason, both of you were misled.

Even though Australia announced the acceptance of bitcoin, it does not mean that all of Australia will use bitcoin or know about bitcoin. Let us be realistic here. Not all citizens of a specific country is aware of all the happenings in his/her country, right?

25% is more than 1.75 Billion and 30% is more than 2.1 Billion, that is just based on 7 Billion. I must say that it is too much statistics. Well that is your opinion and this is my opinion.

NVO ════════▮ Cross-platform Modular Decentralized Exchange ▮════════ NVO
Secure ═ Private ═ Assets-to-Assets ═ Full Autonomy ═ Multi-Assets Storage ═ Integrated Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Crowd Sale ══LIVE══ Crowd Sale▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
karabasss

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 08:59:29 PM

I believe that the only post you read is the last one and did not mind the first two. They are discussing that about 1% of the population of the Earth uses/have bitcoin and not just know Bitcoin. Maybe the arpon just used the term "know" not knowing that he is replying to a subject that is concerned about "own" and not "know". Nonetheless, regardless of the reason, both of you were misled.

Even though Australia announced the acceptance of bitcoin, it does not mean that all of Australia will use bitcoin or know about bitcoin. Let us be realistic here. Not all citizens of a specific country is aware of all the happenings in his/her country, right?

25% is more than 1.75 Billion and 30% is more than 2.1 Billion, that is just based on 7 Billion. I must say that it is too much statistics. Well that is your opinion and this is my opinion.

25 percent is a very large number. I'm sure that fewer people know about bitcoin. Maybe 2 - 3% of the world's population. And from them active users even less
sunsilk

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 09:42:20 PM

As of 2017? What is the latest statistic?
First what do you mean by some amount of bitcoin? Do you include those that have small amount of satoshi's as it is small portion of bitcoin.

And with the statistics there is no, I haven't seen a statistics regarding on your question.

Let's assume that with 1 million bitcoin users now, all has "some" amount of bitcoin.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
Mpamaegbu

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:01:22 PM

First what do you mean by some amount of bitcoin? Do you include those that have small amount of satoshi's as it is small portion of bitcoin.

And with the statistics there is no, I haven't seen a statistics regarding on your question.

Let's assume that with 1 million bitcoin users now, all has "some" amount of bitcoin.

I think the question OP asked is vague. If there were statistics at all, it would easily be on the number of generated transactions, not on the number of people who own and hold Bitcoin. One person can generate many transactions and it won't be easily discovered that it was just from one person because of the easily generated addresses.

Generally, at best bet, we can only assume these things. Accurate record will be hard to come by.

rhamzter

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:45:57 AM

I have no idea how many people were own bitcoin amount in the world, because if we can't shows the statistic data they can't says the volume or the rates of people who own bitcoin amount in the world.

Flyyyy

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:23:02 AM

I think the question OP asked is vague. If there were statistics at all, it would easily be on the number of generated transactions, not on the number of people who own and hold Bitcoin. One person can generate many transactions and it won't be easily discovered that it was just from one person because of the easily generated addresses.

Generally, at best bet, we can only assume these things. Accurate record will be hard to come by.

I think that we can never know how many people own the bitcoins. And also we can not know how many bitcoins are now used by people. Many bitcoins are lost, many are simply destroyed. This can not be counted
duyduc256

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:12:29 AM

I think that we can never know how many people own the bitcoins. And also we can not know how many bitcoins are now used by people. Many bitcoins are lost, many are simply destroyed. This can not be counted
I think a lot of people do not know bitcoin. It is my guess that only about 10 million people in the world know about bitcoin, since they are relatively new in this age.

pealr12

Activity: 336

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 12:45:24 PM

Only 5% of people all around the world knows about bitcoin. And only 4% has thier own save btc..
Years will pass and the amount will increase by 50% until all mankind already knows bitcoin.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
2bfree

Activity: 196

CPA/AFFILIATE MARKETING CONSULTANT + SALES

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 12:49:41 PM

Everyone wants to keep their online activities anonymous to them selves and knowing how many people will remain every bodies guess
Right now am estimating it to 5% of the world population including faucet users..

5% you're creazy! No way! It's going to be less then 1%. Way less. It's less then 10 million people who have access to Bitcoin that they can sell right now and 10 Million is a very tiny percent of 7.x billion.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
<CRYPTO-ALERT> David Mah, CEO of Wagerr.com LTD Just Sent Me An Email That Got Me Worried!
affandi

Activity: 205

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:23:53 PM

Bitcoin in my opinion is a personal BANK, with 1x generate address only we already have a wallet and no one knows how much it is.

Although in this world few people know bitcoin, it's still difficult to know how many bitcoins they have

openANX - Real World Application of Decentralized Exchanges
Website |-| ANN
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 476

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:48:23 PM

Only 5% of people all around the world knows about bitcoin. And only 4% has thier own save btc..
Years will pass and the amount will increase by 50% until all mankind already knows bitcoin.

Where did you get the statistics that only 5% population of this world are into bitcoins. I know it may be few or small percentage to you but I don't have an idea if this is for real. I'm trying to estimate it and I'm only thinking we are even lower than 1% because it's hard to think on what will be the accurate stats for this.

boyptc

Activity: 490

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:51:02 PM

There's no even statistic about it, most of the news about the total number of people who uses bitcoin are just all intelligent guess. You can just also check and depend on the number of transactions that is happening and just check it on blockchain.info. If you are studying or doing some research on it, I guess it will be a good tool for you.

sunsilk

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:10:16 PM

It's hard to make the transactions dependent with the statistics on how many people are owning bitcoins on this world.

Once you are a bitcoin user and you have generated a lot of transactions that can fool the statistics as one person can create many wallets with amount inside.

So there's no way to know this type of survey.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
Gens09

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:40:12 PM

We dont actually know because bitcoin is anonymous and cannot be traced or tracked.The no. if bitcoin addresses can be counted but that doesnt give an idea of how many bitcoins are there in each addresses.No one would excactly shout their own bitcoin balance so..

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter
2bfree

Activity: 196

CPA/AFFILIATE MARKETING CONSULTANT + SALES

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 03:40:37 PM

We dont actually know because bitcoin is anonymous and cannot be traced or tracked.The no. if bitcoin addresses can be counted but that doesnt give an idea of how many bitcoins are there in each addresses.No one would excactly shout their own bitcoin balance so..

Well I know for a fact that 99.9% of the last 1000 people I met DON'T OWN bitcoin! That should give you an idea that less then 1% own bitcion. Use some common sense to deduce an aproximation you don't need your governement to do a bitcoin census for you (or @#$@#$ you a%#)

<CRYPTO-ALERT> David Mah, CEO of Wagerr.com LTD Just Sent Me An Email That Got Me Worried!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.