Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2017, 01:08:18 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people own some amount of bitcoin in the world?  (Read 14980 times)
bohr

Activity: 336

Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming.

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:44:27 AM

thousand, million or trillion?? I think noboday can now the exactly number Smiley) It's really hard cause when you ask anyone that do they own any bitcoin maybe they will show you or maybe not cause they don't wanna share it so It's really hard to know the exactly number of bitcoin owner in the world.
It is impossible to have 1 trillion people adopting bitcoin because there are not so many people in the world, the last time I checked the number was 7 billion,now  thousands of users is too lite, there are more users than that in this forum, the estimates vary wildly but I have seen people say that the lowest number of bitcoin users is 2 million while the maximum number that I have seen is 17 million, personally I think the number is between 5 to 10 million but my guess is as good as anyone else’s guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mharz

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:48:11 PM

Until now we have no clear count of people who use bitcoin in the whole world, but there's a way to simply determine how many people used bitcoin. We need to conduct a statistics to get the percentage numbers of people who used bitcoin.

Angeltwist12

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:41:01 PM

Right now we have many wallets using by people and it is not possible to estimate how many numbers of people are holding the Bitcoins. Now many countries are using Bitcoin but many people have knowledge that China has the most number of Bitcoins when compared to other countries.
China has almost a monopoly on mining but I do not know if we can say if they have a monopoly in the holdings of bitcoin, not long ago Chinese exchanges where very dominant but there were a lot of suspicions that the volume was faked using bots and the like, so it is really difficult to corroborate the assumption that he Chinese hold the most bitcoins.
Volume is fake but we need to admit that there is a large number of Chinese are holding right now. China is a good country which has a lot of rich people. They know how to invest their money in order become even richer. Never underestimate those chinese. They are extremely good

That is why nowadays china has enormous power in controlling cryptocurrency market. Because now there are some news that I have received, where chinese menggunjang world cryptocurrency which resulted in the decline in price is quite extraordinary. so china has a high power to do it, live we must be careful in stepping and walking according to what is done by chinese side. Because if we walk outside China, there is a chance they will destroy us. Because the greatest power is on the Chinese side, but we can just destroy China. But it requires something that would not have been possible, if it was only a desire. keep walking along the path and keep working the best. Everyone can compete, but in a sporty way
tr3yson

Activity: 28

Always forward

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:01:19 PM

Actually, it is impossible to determine the exact numbers knowing how bitcoin world and cryptocurrencies soar high, it only means more and more people become interested and started to use bitcoin every day. So just to simplify, it's a lot.
Domineum

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:37:47 PM

Last time I heard something about that was around 2014 and was something like 1 every 5000 people, so I would guess a few hundred thousand maybe.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:58:24 PM

Like the other said its impossible to know the amount of people who are using bitcoin like here in my country i thought we are just few people here are using bitcoin but when i was looking for a group i found a local group which lots of bitcoin users in the same country that i think bitcoin is not the same as before that only few people are using bitcoin i can say that there are lots of people are using bitcoin and own bitcoin now a days..
Look at the trends in google there are lots of people right now are looking for bitcoin. .
voztata

Activity: 470

Get free tokens @BountyPortals goo.gl/yAe168

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:16:25 AM

There is no exact statistics but as what i have read from articles online, it is estimated 15 million of owned bitcoins and that translates to 1000 bitcoin users per day since satoshi was invented.
I believe only the developers knows about that, so we the users can’t really tell how many users are into Bitcoin. But I believe the Bitcoin users  will be up to a million or above that. Let’s just say a hundred million.

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[RTfSzeeLn9ThHfFhe]
channingwilmer

Activity: 218

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:01:02 PM

Until now we have no clear count of people who use bitcoin in the whole world, but there's a way to simply determine how many people used bitcoin. We need to conduct a statistics to get the percentage numbers of people who used bitcoin.
I agree. But actually, we do not need to thing about this or make any analysis about the number of people using bitcoin. Just look at the price and we can easily predict the approximate state of people using bitcoin. If the price is higher, that means more people are using bitcoin.

MFahad

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:57:41 PM

Research is not hard. I do not know why this is impossible for people to do, all by themselves. 3.8% of the current population has a bitcoin wallet of some kind. Available from six different websites, not hard to find. It will take time but definitely it is not impossible thing.

djselery

Activity: 694

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:28:38 PM

The number of people using or owning some amounts of bitcoin around the world is really small. I think they are few millions of people maximum, and even maybe less. The biggest majority of people worldwide is not even hearing about Bitcoin. But i think as it is still traded, used and supported by more marketplaces and governments, the number of Bitcoin's users will also increase with time.

Ayiranorea

Activity: 210

Xaurum

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:19:17 PM

Right now the total amount of bitcoin users found around the world might be less than 2%, but the same is expected to grow much higher and reach large number of people around the globe. At present we cannot calculate the perfect number of people using bitcoin.

nickfury

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:37:32 PM

We do not have clear data for Bitcoin users worldwide, but we should be glad BTC increasingly popular. Through events such as the BTC-e, viruses WannaCry .... I think everyone has known BTC more.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●    UTRUST // The FUTURE of Online Payments    ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        whitepaper     facebook     twitter     slack         ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PRE-ICO | 28th August 2017
rosygreat

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:38:52 PM

The question is critical.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:26:20 PM

I agree. But actually, we do not need to thing about this or make any analysis about the number of people using bitcoin. Just look at the price and we can easily predict the approximate state of people using bitcoin. If the price is higher, that means more people are using bitcoin.
If the amount of Bitcoin in circulation is 17 million, it doesn’t that the number of people using bitcoin is exactly 17 million. They can be one million or so, with some owning more than the others. But you can never know how many people are using Bitcoin, no matter what. But you can easily find out how many people are using a Bitcoin site; that’s only if the sites allows visitors to know how many members they have. If not, you are not going to know– I just said bitcoin sites, lol

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Wipro

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:36:22 PM

If the amount of Bitcoin in circulation is 17 million, it doesn’t that the number of people using bitcoin is exactly 17 million. They can be one million or so, with some owning more than the others. But you can never know how many people are using Bitcoin, no matter what. But you can easily find out how many people are using a Bitcoin site; that’s only if the sites allows visitors to know how many members they have. If not, you are not going to know– I just said bitcoin sites, lol

This can be your assumption buddy but we cannot be able to find the exact amount in circulation and where it is being saved every time. Number of users get into bitcoin, they all will not have a bitcoin in their wallet. Most of the earning bitcoin via campaign and sell it out for daily usages.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █

█ ████ █

████ █

████ █

████ █

████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █

█ ████ █

████ █

████ █

████ █

████
  WEBSITE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ANN THREAD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █

█ ████ █

████ █

████ █

████ █

████
bohr

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:43:52 AM

There is no exact statistics but as what i have read from articles online, it is estimated 15 million of owned bitcoins and that translates to 1000 bitcoin users per day since satoshi was invented.
I believe only the developers knows about that, so we the users can’t really tell how many users are into Bitcoin. But I believe the Bitcoin users  will be up to a million or above that. Let’s just say a hundred million.
The developers are as clueless as we are, they do not have a way to know the number of bitcoin users, if what you are trying to imply that maybe bitcoin code has some kind of way to measure the number of users then you will be wrong, many other people have seen the code and they have seen nothing like that, if the devs did that then no one will accept their new version of the bitcoin protocol.

shushu9977

Activity: 42

🌟ATLANT ICO: 7/09/17🌟

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:07:10 PM

about 1% at this moment. day by day, it is increasing everywhere. though it is very hard to know the proper numbers who use the Bitcoin.

IAMYOURLEADER

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:01:50 AM

It's hard to say but my gut feeling is telling that most of them are rich investor/traders in the market. It's obvious because whoever had a million dollar assets then he/she can buy more btc than we can.

katinko

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:34:07 AM

about 1% at this moment. day by day, it is increasing everywhere. though it is very hard to know the proper numbers who use the Bitcoin.
Its hard to know the exact percentage of how many bitcoin users owned a whole bitcoin but one thing i sure there are many individuals already holding it and make good profit everytime bitcoin value was increasing. And soon i think by continuous collecting and earning bitcoin i would able to hold it but it takes a year to achieved that goal.
eagleman

Activity: 273

Decentralized Data and AI Marketplace - Synapse.ai

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 12:33:40 PM

It's hard to say but my gut feeling is telling that most of them are rich investor/traders in the market. It's obvious because whoever had a million dollar assets then he/she can buy more btc than we can.

No one has an idea or record of the statistics on how many people are owning bitcoin. Since it is your gut feel, it may be right and it may be wrong. My gut feel is regardless of the status, rich, poor, middle class we are already 5 million in total population who are bitcoin users this is just my intelligent guess and I have no materials to prove this number.

░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░███░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░███▄██▀░░░░░███░░▄███
░░░░░░░░██░░████▀░░░░░░███▄███▀
░░░░░░░░██░░░███░▄███░░█████▀░░░░░░▄██
░░██▄░░░██░░░██████▀░░░███▀░░░░░░▄███▀
░░▀███▄░██░░░████▀░░░░ ███░░░░░░▄███▀
░░░░▀██▄██░░▄███░░░░░░███░░░░▄██████▄
██░░░▀████▄███░░░░░░███░░░▄███▀░░▀███▄
░░██░░░░▀█████░░░░░░███░░▄████░░░░░░▀██
░░░██░░░░░▀███▄░░░▄████▄███▀███▄
░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀░░░▀███▄