Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:00:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL - You Must Confirm Your Order - AKA - Cashflow Issues?  (Read 2204 times)
meowmeowbrowncow (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:46:46 PM

Via newsletter.

Final confirmation is required

Please be advised that due to the adjustments described above, we need your confirmation prior to release of your order into the final build queue and on to final delivery.  It may also be a good time to review your purchase altogether relative to the bitcoin market as this is the last opportunity to do so.  If your order is not confirmed, it will be canceled and your money will be refunded.

Sounds like a cashflow problem.  Last minute refunds after capital investment might sink their ship.

Interesting.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:49:55 PM

Via newsletter.

Please be advised that due to the adjustments described above, we need your confirmation prior to release of your order into the final build queue and on to final delivery.  It may also be a good time to review your purchase altogether relative to the bitcoin market as this is the last opportunity to do so.  If your order is not confirmed, it will be canceled and your money will be refunded.

Sounds like a cashflow problem.  Last minute refunds after capital investment might sink their ship.

Interesting.
Sounds more like a cash grab to me. New orders cost a lot more, they can ship to more people in line, and they may not have immediately sold the BTC they collected. Since the refunds are basically forced (48h ultimatum via email is absurd), I really doubt BFL didn't think this one through.
meowmeowbrowncow (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:54:36 PM

Via newsletter.

Please be advised that due to the adjustments described above, we need your confirmation prior to release of your order into the final build queue and on to final delivery.  It may also be a good time to review your purchase altogether relative to the bitcoin market as this is the last opportunity to do so.  If your order is not confirmed, it will be canceled and your money will be refunded.

Sounds like a cashflow problem.  Last minute refunds after capital investment might sink their ship.

Interesting.
Sounds more like a cash grab to me. New orders cost a lot more, they can ship to more people in line, and they may not have immediately sold the BTC they collected. Since the refunds are basically forced (48h ultimatum via email is absurd), I really doubt BFL didn't think this one through.

That's a good point.  Push old out for new, increased revenue.

Yep.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 09:56:24 PM

Cept the product page is offline...

battmann

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:02:32 PM

Wait so does this mean that the Jalapeño that I pre-ordered for $163 now isn't enough money? If I want to get my asic I have to give them more or I'm just fuxked?
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:09:08 AM

Wait so does this mean that the Jalapeño that I pre-ordered for $163 now isn't enough money? If I want to get my asic I have to give them more or I'm just fuxked?
I do not think they will make net profit from a sales price of $163.   They make make a little gross profit but given the new case and heat sink and fan and power supply, it is probably not a great business for them.   I am sure they will ship it, they just won't be popping the bubbly over it.

runlinux

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 12:12:40 AM

They wanted people to confirm that they were OK with the power requirements. My order is still good at 163$, paid in full

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:14:31 AM

They wanted people to confirm that they were OK with the power requirements. My order is still good at 163$, paid in full
Wonder why they would be so concerned about doing that?
any word on who the lucky charity that is getting the 1000BTC is?

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:57:09 AM

dito

in all seriousness, if my lone jalapeno ships, i might have to wear a diaper for a month.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
ebildude123

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:03:14 AM

dito

in all seriousness, if my lone jalapeno ships, i might have to wear a diaper for a month.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:24:07 PM

We all might be wearing diapers by the time they ship.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:38:18 PM

I think we are gonna need diapers after we see the next 2-3 difficulty spikes.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:44:34 PM

Touche!

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 07:53:06 PM

Touche!

good one.  Smiley
anonymous_hero

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:22:31 PM

Via newsletter.

Interesting.

I don't necessarily disagree, but where'd you hear the 48h limit?  Seems they've been ambiguous about when they will refund all non-confirmed orders.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:24:49 PM

Via newsletter.

Interesting.

I don't necessarily disagree, but where'd you hear the 48h limit?  Seems they've been ambiguous about when they will refund all non-confirmed orders.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192854

Apparently misinfo. OP is now edited to show 10 days. My bad.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: