Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:44:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox AML and incompetent support  (Read 897 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fergun (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:15:54 PM
Merited by branchun77 (3)

On 11.04 i made a 500PLN (~$120) transfer to my newly registered MtGox account.  My account didn't get credited on Friday, when i expected it to be, so i emailed the support, asking what is the expected time for the account to be credited. On Monday,  it still wasn't credited, so i sent another message to support, sking them when will it be. Finally, on 17 (so 6 days after i made the transfer), i received a message that my transfer was marked by their AML team, for no apparent reason. This alone is enough for me to stop using their services-shouldn't their fucking AML team inform me when they flag my deposit so i can know what's going on?
Ok, so i am told to get verified and to contact their AML team at aml@mtgox.com. So i wrote them an email, asking them what can i do if i DON'T want to be verified-i'm don't trust them enough to send them a scan of my ID and proof of residency, nor do i have time to have them translated and notarized, and according to their site, i should be able to make small purchases without being verified. I also sent a similiar email to support.

Some time later, i receive an email from support:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> Please be advised that it is our AML team who has flagged your deposit and
> we request you to contact them directly for better assistance.
>
> Also we do not handle AML related queries for better assistance and for
> all further verification related questions you may contact our AML team
> directly by using this form https://mtgox.com/contact-us and select ID
> verification issue for inquiry type or email aml@mtgox.com.
>
> Thanks,
>
> MtGox.com Team
Ok, then, i wait for a response from their aML team, and wait and wait...
On 18th, i send a message to support, telling that AML is not responding and complaining about this situation. Response? Exact same message, copy&paste.

Ok, i can wait a few days more. On 22, I'm getting tired of this bullshit. I ask support for some way to contact their supervisor about this whole situation. The response? "we do not handle AML related queries for better assistance". I have no fucking idea how asking to speak with someone else is resolved by this, but nvm. Also, i don't fucking see this "better support", becouse i don't fucking get any.
I'm getting angry, so i mail them this:
I still have not received any answr from your AML team. If i get another
copy&paste with we do not handle, i'm posting all of this on all bitcoin
forums, in hopes that you'll lose some money or at least it'll get you
fired.
Have a good day

Their response? (different support rep, this time, the prevoius one apparently got tired of copypasting)
Hello,

Thank you for the email. On checking your deposit I find that your deposit is flagged by our AML team so we request you to contact them directly for better assistance. Also we do not handle AML related queries for better assistance and for all further verification related questions you may contact our AML team directly by using this form https://mtgox.com/contact-us and select ID verification issue for inquiry type or email aml@mtgox.com.

Thanks,

MtGox.com Team
Yay. It's been fucking two weeks since i mailed their fucking AML team. I also sent them another email, asking when can i expect to hear from them, still no response.

So, is there any legal way for me to sue them or something, so i can get my money back? And of course, i hope that anyonewho reads this will thinkat least twice before using this bullshit exchange.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fergun (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:18:11 PM

So, noone here cares...
Jerry from Rochester

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 05:31:31 PM

I'm no computer expert or anything, but theys says contact the AML department.  Why would they need to ask you twice to contact the AML department.  They say you can catch more files wish honey then vinegar.  Maybe you should also consider your language.  It's just not polite to curse at peoples on the internet.  We can talk all civil like.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:41:28 PM

Fergun, sure we do care. We as in the community. There are a couple of sides to this situation. First there's your side, and then there's MtGox's side. MtGox customer support is mostly a joke. We all know this. And it's very annoying to get in touch with them in regards to support, as they obviously have hired a bunch of support representatives that don't care much. They're just shuffeling cases quickly, without really looking at'em. How they can be content with this situation, I don't know.

Their AML work is outsourced, to who I don't know. But recently we've learned that these people are overloaded, and that there's a verification que of several thousand users.

Once you're verified, you'll be able to do all activity on the exchange without problems. But getting to that point may take a while.

If you're in the AML que, you should be patient and wait. The money of yours is not lost, but MtGox have to adhere to the rules and regulations set forth in their jurisdiction to be able to do business.

I understand you're upset though, and would have liked to have this solved more quickly.

Fergun (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:22:19 PM
Merited by cybergamp (5), cdousley (2)

Ok, i understand that, and i contacted their AMl department, but after two weekd with no reply to my email, i think i have the right to be a LITTLE annoyed. And my problem with their support is that they don't even read what i send them...

And the thing is, I don't want to get verified-i don't want to send them my personal data or scans of ID. If I'll absolutely have to do this to get my money back, then ok, but i want to hear this from their AML team. And there is also different information whether i need to translate documents which are in Polish, so i want to make sure about that befoe i either translate them and get them notarizes (that costs a bit) or send them untranslated (making me wait again in 'verifivation queue')
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:03:36 PM

Ok, i understand that, and i contacted their AMl department, but after two weekd with no reply to my email, i think i have the right to be a LITTLE annoyed. And my problem with their support is that they don't even read what i send them...

I agree. They should've made a system that said something to the extent of. Thanks for your inquiry, please note that we're quite busy, and there's 2000 applications before you in the que, but your case will be handled as quickly as possible.

Something like that.

And the thing is, I don't want to get verified-i don't want to send them my personal data or scans of ID. If I'll absolutely have to do this to get my money back, then ok, but i want to hear this from their AML team. And there is also different information whether i need to translate documents which are in Polish, so i want to make sure about that befoe i either translate them and get them notarizes (that costs a bit) or send them untranslated (making me wait again in 'verifivation queue')

Check up what notarization costs, in some countries it does not cost much if anything. But the history of Gox says once you're asked to be verified, you have to do so.

What you could do to protect yourself would be to alter the scans (hidden watermarks) etc, such that in the event the documents got lost, you would know where the leak was, but as it is now - I think providing the documents is the only way forward.
Namealreadyexists

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:27:02 PM

Two weeks? Try three months. Your strategy should be to get out of their playing field. Prove them wrong, prove a breach of contract on their side. And then, if you are patient enough you'll get your money back. I did.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: