Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:33:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 455 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NULL  (Read 456058 times)
trumpc2016

Activity: 695
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 02:32:36 PM

Great news about the green light from Visa and Mastercard program. Still there is lot of competition.. Belugapay coming

Stop promoting it here!!!

Dots Clothing Store - find the latest fashion.
Cheerleaders bows - cheer bows for events. Beauty Supply Store - find everything for head and body, the best beauty products.Nail Supply Store - shop nail designs and related products.
Debshops - plus size women clothing.
Necessary Clothing - women clothing for every need.
Lily Bloom - fashionable bags and other accessories.Samuels Jewelers - offers engagement rings, bridal rings, fashion jewelry.
Body Central - another plus size clothing for women globally.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:58:50 PM

Here's an example since you guys don't seem to be capable of Math.

Assume you own 10,000 MCO tokens. That is 0.001% of the total supply.

Now fast forward about a decade. MCO has become a giant and earns a yearly revenue of 1 Billion USD in platform fees (transactions, ATM withdrawals, conversions, etc.).

Since you own 0.001% of the tokens, you are entitled to a share of 1 Million USD.

This is what was promised and will no longer be delivered. And Kris says this is "pointless", which makes him either clueless, or dishonest. I hope it's the first and that he's going to find a workaround for this, like SONM already did, but I'm not having any hopes for this after his statement.

have to agree , this coin got me for $1,500 yesterday just in the time I took a walk with my kids... my fault for forgetting to set a stop. It wont burn me again  
I'm probably ditching too, the new video is a massive disappointment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjOL8rOC0o0

That example doesn't hold unless there's >100k new cards every year forever. Once the amount of new users starts stagnating the token value will dump. And that's ignoring long-term investors who were specifically waiting for Billions of annual revenue 5 to 10 years down the line.

It's simply not true that the new model (which is the old model minus sharing revenue with investors/token holders) is "mathematically proven" to be better. It's mathematically obvious that it's worse and such a gross misrepresentation of the Mathematics of this issue shows either a complete lack of competence, a lack of rigor, or a complete lack of honesty.

Everything else so far is just smooth talking aching to cold call insurance sellers.

And I didn't even get started about the massive risk for extreme market manipulation once the supply gets too small to fulfill orders. The amount of tokens required for reserving cards will have to be adjusted, which will have a massive impact on the price. And we all know whose interests centralized authorities usually satisfy in those situations: their own.
vitocorp

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:42:08 PM

"Bitcoin prepaid debit card operator Monaco’s token is plunging Wednesday after a code rewrite removed a key aspect from its roadmap.
At the same time it announced Visa as card issuing partner for its prepaid rollout, Monaco said its asset smart contract scheme would no longer feature in its future.
Holders of its MCO token, which launched via a 70,000 ETH ($2.1 mln) crowdsale earlier this year, reacted sharply. As of press time, its value was down over 37 percent in 24 hours."

Seen at: https://cointelegraph.com/news/monaco-prepaid-card-bins-asset-contract-token-dives-40-in-a-day
BlockGemini

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 03:43:05 PM

How can Monaco compete in the current landscape with more and more potential payment cards coming out and the likes of people being able to simply utilize a Bitstamp Card?  Huh Huh
MIV.matteo

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:59:31 PM

For sure this update is something unexpected for Monaco token holders, share was one of the most reason to which many investor wanted to hold them (like any other card project of course). Despite this, Monaco remain a interesting project so let's see what will happen

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:01:21 PM

For sure this update is something unexpected for Monaco token holders, share was one of the most reason to which many investor wanted to hold them (like any other card project of course). Despite this, Monaco remain a interesting project so let's see what will happen
It's very interesting to see if Kris will retract his statement, which is either completely misinformed or a deliberate lie. I hope it's the former and not some shady attempt to manipulate public opinion.
coincidence?

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:06:17 PM

"Bitcoin prepaid debit card operator Monaco’s token is plunging Wednesday after a code rewrite removed a key aspect from its roadmap.
At the same time it announced Visa as card issuing partner for its prepaid rollout, Monaco said its asset smart contract scheme would no longer feature in its future.
Holders of its MCO token, which launched via a 70,000 ETH ($2.1 mln) crowdsale earlier this year, reacted sharply. As of press time, its value was down over 37 percent in 24 hours."

Seen at: https://cointelegraph.com/news/monaco-prepaid-card-bins-asset-contract-token-dives-40-in-a-day

Thanks for this. Woke up this morning to quite a surprise on the MCO front. Very disappointing for those who didn't have conditional sell stops in place. I had fun with this coin early, but when the devs change important aspects of this coin, it's no longer is an intelligent long term investment. 
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:09:33 PM

Thanks for this. Woke up this morning to quite a surprise on the MCO front. Very disappointing for those who didn't have conditional sell stops in place. I had fun with this coin early, but when the devs change important aspects of this coin, it's no longer is an intelligent long term investment. 
Yes, this and the way Kris talked about this issue as if it was irrelevant really put me off of MonaCo, which I was heavily looking forward to using initially. Not when the CEO claims that not sharing revenue is "absolutely pointless" though. That's either a massive lie or complete incompetence with regard to basic Mathematics.
Driendy

Activity: 334
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:27:40 PM

Yes, this and the way Kris talked about this issue as if it was irrelevant really put me off of MonaCo, which I was heavily looking forward to using initially. Not when the CEO claims that not sharing revenue is "absolutely pointless" though. That's either a massive lie or complete incompetence with regard to basic Mathematics.

Guys , this market is not regulated Roll Eyes . There may be some price manipulations and no one will class it criminal offence unlike of what is going on with the shares/stocks, because there is no laws really .So we never know what is going on really Undecided. The move from the dev could predict this impact .  I don't know what to think, I believe we have to be resilient here and not to get drifted by any panic . And never invest more of what you can loose . Those are high risk markets , it is not an gov backed saving program from 1970s . For that do not expect more than 2%/ year . If you get here , fast your sit-belt .
reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:43:45 PM

What is happening?? Why not recovering fast??!  I buyed at $11!!
trumpc2016

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 05:06:41 PM

What is happening?? Why not recovering fast??!  I buyed at $11!!

Shit happens. Many holders lost tons of money on this.

Cheerleaders bows - cheer bows for events. Beauty Supply Store - find everything for head and body, the best beauty products.Nail Supply Store - shop nail designs and related products.
Lily Bloom - fashionable bags and other accessories.Samuels Jewelers - offers engagement rings, bridal rings, fashion jewelry.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:09:28 PM

Guys , this market is not regulated Roll Eyes . There may be some price manipulations and no one will class it criminal offence unlike of what is going on with the shares/stocks, because there is no laws really .So we never know what is going on really Undecided. The move from the dev could predict this impact .  I don't know what to think, I believe we have to be resilient here and not to get drifted by any panic . And never invest more of what you can loose . Those are high risk markets , it is not an gov backed saving program from 1970s . For that do not expect more than 2%/ year . If you get here , fast your sit-belt .
I'm not concerned about my investment. I've balanced my portfolio in a way that makes it impossible for me to lose any money.

I'm upset with the lack of honesty on the side of MonaCo and the shady attempts to appease investors with nonsensical disinformation.
Mr. Legendaris

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:38:04 PM

Why MCO today drop again? whether due to the impact of bitcoin pump or other issues? this makes me confused because I bought when the price of $ 9 last September and now the price under $ 6.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

trumpc2016

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 05:57:17 PM

Why MCO today drop again? whether due to the impact of bitcoin pump or other issues? this makes me confused because I bought when the price of $ 9 last September and now the price under $ 6.

Because token has no real value anymore. Devs removed asset contract - so profit sharing will not happen. I sold all I had to stop loss.

vwnick87

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:01:38 PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-01/visa-approves-monaco-cryptocurrency-card-for-singapore-residents
coincidence?

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 06:04:03 PM

I'm not concerned about my investment. I've balanced my portfolio in a way that makes it impossible for me to lose any money.

I'm upset with the lack of honesty on the side of MonaCo and the shady attempts to appease investors with nonsensical disinformation.

I'm in the same boat. Not concerned about the loss. However, to say the market isn't regulated and we should expect to lose or make no more than 2% a year on our investment as an excuse for a poor business ethic driven announcement is wrong. The rewards for this coin were very much a large factor in holding these coins long term, and why many of us chose this coin to invest in in the first place.

It has caused TenX to make an announcement on rewards https://www.reddit.com/r/TenX/comments/7a0b6z/tenx_we_do_have_rewards/ and also caused many investors with Centra to laugh at this coin and it's investors.
mdenys

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:06:23 PM

some people even more confused bought for 20-25$  Sad   Maybe it will recover to 9$ in a few days,everything is possible in crypto  Wink
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:25:59 PM

I will make it be more detail Visa  has approved a prepaid card backed by the cryptocurrency Monaco as the world’s largest payments network continues its foray into digital currencies.
Monaco has said Singapore is only a starting point for its prepaid card program. The firm recently hired Brent Diehl, a former Visa executive, to lead its international expansion into Europe, North America and the rest of Asia.
It is more better than just give the link of news because it will save the time of users, but it is good to share something new.
coincidence?

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 06:31:58 PM

Because token has no real value anymore. Devs removed asset contract - so profit sharing will not happen. I sold all I had to stop loss.

If you want to watch a bullshit artist fool his investors... Here you go

Monaco November Q&A - Part 1 - Asset Contract - https://youtu.be/VjOL8rOC0o0?t=4m34s
reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:34:13 PM

Time to buy back, its going back to $10 easy!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 455 »
  Print  

Jump to: