Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:07:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Screen freezes when starting up GPUZ or Sapphire Trixx - 7 GPU rig  (Read 279 times)
noobminer001 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:08:55 PM

Hello,

Just got my mining rig up and running. I wanted to run GPUZ and Sapphire Trixx so I can monitor my cards (and eventually undervolt/increase mem speed) however my screen freezes when I start either of them (doesn't go black, just freeze).

MB: MSI Z170a gaming m5
CPU: Intel G4400
Memory: Fury HyperX 8Gb
SS: Kingston 120Gb
PS: EVGA 1300w
GPU: 6x Gigabyte RX470 4GB + 1x MSI RX470 4GB (7 GPUs total)

I was just wondering, am I not suppose to run Sapphire Trixx or GPUZ with all 7 cards running at the same time? I know when flashing the bios, its recommended to flash each one individually, but I'm not sure about undervolt/memspeeds tuning.

To mod the clock speeds and voltage settings, do I need to modify each card individually (i.e. unplug all the other cards), set the optimal voltage/speed, repeat with each card individually and then plug all cards in after? If so, where do you save the settings for each card after you unplug it to move to the next card? Will your system remember the settings or is it saved to the card?

Sorry I'm new to this so just trying to navigate. I was under the assumption that you can run Sapphire Trixx/GPUZ with all cards running and modify it then, but as I wrote - screen just freezes up.

Thanks for the help!

NoobMiner
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: