Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:31:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Way to mine through usb  (Read 329 times)
Randomhero360 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:16:23 PM

Besides Ant USB miners, is there a way to connect graphics cards to a USB? perhaps through something like a riser but instead of connecting to PCIe just connects into the USB slot? Anything like that out there? Could you theoretically have one machine run 10 cards all usb with a few different power supplies?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 09:56:26 PM

Graphic card mining became redundant with bitcoin mining many years ago, and virtually all mining hardware works through some form of USB communication, but often with a custom USB connection and hardware to go with it.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
SDHarley

Activity: 778
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 09:58:43 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 10:12:28 PM by SDHarley

Graphic card mining became redundant with bitcoin mining many years ago, and virtually all mining hardware works through some form of USB communication, but often with a custom USB connection and hardware to go with it.

Mined my ETH on a GTX970, sold some and did ok, so don't agree with this (edit - you mean GPU not doable for Bitcoin, agreed). Down to luck, watching the coins and timing. Still worth doing GPU mining.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Social Cryptos Ltd - Where cryptos can benefit us all.
Randomhero360 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:01:59 PM

I've been mining Eth for a while now, done really well, turned a 250% profit, I don't pay for electricity apartment does. I haven't looked much into bitcoin mining was more thinking ETH mining again. I don't know if I have the money to compete in the bitcoin world. Open to info on both tho please!
SDHarley

Activity: 778
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 10:10:07 PM

BTC/XBT mining forget it unless your rig is the size of a football stadium. That ship sailed a looooong time ago. As indeed it did for ETH unless you've got 20 1070s lined up running hot.

Back to topic...mining through USB, even funky 3.0 to my mind isn't doable.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Social Cryptos Ltd - Where cryptos can benefit us all.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 10:14:47 PM

I haven't looked much into bitcoin mining was more thinking ETH mining again.
You asked in the bitcoin mining section though, so let me help you by putting this thread in the right place.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Randomhero360 (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:40:10 PM

I haven't looked much into bitcoin mining was more thinking ETH mining again.
You asked in the bitcoin mining section though, so let me help you by putting this thread in the right place.
Open to info on both tho please!

Awkward....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: