Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:17:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: News GPUS for Mining (Only Talk not News)  (Read 242 times)
powershot (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:12:57 AM

Hi all

I come across this ask about what they think about the new mining-oriented GPUs suggested by manufacturers (AMD and NVIDIA)

90 Day Warranty.
Parts maybe low cost*
We would be hostage to these specific models

I have in mind that a Rx 470/570 4Gb today produces 29 Mh / s (Eth) + 650 Dcr, I think a GPU focused on mining could produce little above this, however what really makes me think is that.

I renewed my stock this year, sold all R9 that I had and bought many Rx and GTX with prices from the beginning of the year and I am very happy about it, however it will not be difficult to undo them at the time of the exchange for something more advantageous, but it caused a reflection To think that if we had 4 or 6 specific models and with little guarantee, we would not be entering a trap/bait created by AMD AND NVIDIA?

Thinking about values ​​for mining, they could double or triple as has been happening in several countries in US/EUR/SA/ASIA, I see stores selling the latest models for twice as much as triple the price.
Just as it happens with factory of ASIC.

I invite everyone to a debate but only those who really mine and take it seriously, without bias to gamers and enthusiasts, but are different things, buy a GPU and leave mining a few moments and buy 50/100/200 and keep as style life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: