Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:00:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Asrock Killer Z97X (6 GPU Rig)  (Read 235 times)
noyesknifer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:17:10 AM

Hi guys, I have an Asrock Killer Z97x mother board, which has 3 16x PCI-E and 3 1x PCI-E.  I have a 6 gpus to plug in, they are Nvidia 1070s.  I can get 5 of them to work. However, for the 6th one  I am trying to plug in an Nvidia 1070 into the the first 1x PCI-E (the one closest to the CPU) using a powered riser.  In BIOS, using the system browser tool, I can see that the motherboard recognizes the GPU, as it is highlighted in yellow, and says something like Nvidia Graphics Unit or something like that.  However, when I boot into windows 10, the system does not recognize anything on that port.  I have ruled out the graphics card and the riser as I was able to plug both into any other PCI-E port, and windows 10 recognizes it as a GPU.  I have also ruled out that having GPUS plugged into other PCI-Es is messing with it because I unplugged all the other GPUs, and just used this one 1x PCI-E, but it didn't recognize. 

I am using the default bios.
I changed the Gen settings for each of the 16x to Gen1. 

Is my motherboard defect or is there some setting that I need to change to make this work?  Or maybe update the bios (hesitant on that).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: