Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:10:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know of any scrypt ASIC chips you can buy individually from somewhere?  (Read 2456 times)
Stockypotty (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:49:52 PM

Looking at building my own custom mining rig.

If anyone knows would be great.

Cheers

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 08:05:14 PM

this needs to be in the altcoin section
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0

Stockypotty (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:44:48 PM

Bump now it's in the right area Smiley

lunas

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 12:34:09 AM

You want just the bare chips? If yes I would say you are probably going to have to salvage them from usb miners 5 at a time... I looked on alibaba for a while it might have the ic you need but i don't know i think it would be more fruitful and cheaper to buy used usb 5 chip miners and carefully remove them than find the chips. But even if you made a custom board with 1000s of those chips they would use more power than they generate in coin...
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 04:13:17 AM

Holler at KnC,they got Titan chips layin around somewhere I bet...Oh wait nope they sold their company......

Bitmain may have some L3 chips layin around...Oh wait they are for them & only them......

Gridseed,Uh no out of business......

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:10:29 AM

If you want enough of them at one time, Innosilicon would probably be willing to sell a lot of A4 chips.
 I doubt they would sell the SMALL number needed for a single rig though.

Bitmain AFAIK has NEVER sold individual chips, just miners.

Gridseed became part of SFARDS (merger with WiiBox), which has offered no news at all that I've seen for something like a year now - I'm not sure if SFARDS is even still in business.

The Alcheminer folks seem to have given up on their second-gen chip project, and I don't know if they ever actually SOLD individual chips (they did advertise them for a while).

Silverfish died a while ago and only made miners.

Zeus was reduced to doing custom-work for Innosilicon last I heard about them, and never sold individual chips AFAIK.

KnC died, but apparently someone bought their IP out of bankrupcy and is talking about building/selling a new-gen miner.
 Makes me wonder if the KnC "solar" chip ever existed though, given the STATED specs on that thing.
 Also, given the HIGH "part of die died" issue the Titan chips had, do you REALLY want to trust their chips?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Stockypotty (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:30:39 AM

Hey QuintLeo,

Yeah i'm actually in talks with Innosilicon now, seems like they do sell just the chips as you say.

Thanks for the write up on other companies! I'm going to spend today emailing every possible company that might have one in the works to see if anything is in the pipeline.

Cheers!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: