Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 06:52:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think we are greedy  (Read 5733 times)
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:05:00 PM

I have been trying to deposit/withdraw fiat into different exchanges, and I found that most fees are absolutely ridiculous (7%-10%?!). With many options to deposit/withdraw fiat (and different fees), I think we are getting a bit greedy with Bitcoin.

According to Bitcoin price at the moment, depositing fiat worth of 1BTC ($2,053) requires fees ranging between $21-$205, while most of us want to transact that same 1BTC with something like $0.5 and getting rage over the delay!

I think paying $1-$5 in fees is relatively acceptable, since bitcoin price is rising every single day.
You are right we are getting greedy but if we think and realize the reality then we will accept the current fees of transaction which miners get from us. A few day ago when I was going to transact bitcoins of worth $250 then I paid a fees of $2 for that I was worried about the fees then I thought that it is for a balance of $250 then I happily accept it.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:56:51 PM

I have been trying to deposit/withdraw fiat into different exchanges, and I found that most fees are absolutely ridiculous (7%-10%?!). With many options to deposit/withdraw fiat (and different fees), I think we are getting a bit greedy with Bitcoin.

According to Bitcoin price at the moment, depositing fiat worth of 1BTC ($2,053) requires fees ranging between $21-$205, while most of us want to transact that same 1BTC with something like $0.5 and getting rage over the delay!

I think paying $1-$5 in fees is relatively acceptable, since bitcoin price is rising every single day.
it's true we also get a lot of profit from rising bitcoin price so the transaction fee increase is fair to me. but which is very unfortunate if we transact with a small value I mean when the transaction $50 and fee $3  is very much.
I think you are mixing it up, the transaction fee didn't increase as a result of appreciation in the price of Bitcoin, rather increase in the adoption of Bitcoin across the globe placed more load on the network and more in the mouth of miners than they could chew.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:18:18 PM

You are right we are getting greedy but ***

Sure the whole crypto ecosystem seems a bit over-pumped at the moment but don't not cash out unless you really want to buy something that you can only buy with fiat. Crypto-bubbles will come and go - what we need is off-ramps that allow us to stay in crypto yet lighten-up on any over-pumped coins. How? Pegged-cryptos. Crypto pegged to gold. Crypto pegged to silver. Crypto pegged to Swiss Francs. Crypto pegged to other commodities (ZrCoin maybe) or other currencies. Even Crypto pegged to the old $. Some of these already exist. Some need to be created and scaled now! Crypto needs to become a true ecosystem (and toxic scams will unfortunately be part of it).

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:24:57 PM

Ended up paying high fee after four days of waiting, 24hr later still not confirmed. Heard that activating SW will solve this problem but what are they still waiting for. The whole thing is really surprising to me

Hmm, indeed it is today the main thing that happened in the bitcoin is a matter of confirmation delays occur. because right now there are a few things that allow the confirmation delay is increasingly common and the main thing is because of the growing number of transactions while his confirmation of his own (the miners). still very little. So, it may have to take a lot of funds to be quickly confirmed. But indeed the amount of the fee should be given 2 x fold of existing or if indeed you do great deals, it is better to use the fee above $5

nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:25:50 PM

it's true we also get a lot of profit from rising bitcoin price so the transaction fee increase is fair to me. but which is very unfortunate if we transact with a small value I mean when the transaction $50 and fee $3  is very much.
I think you are mixing it up, the transaction fee didn't increase as a result of appreciation in the price of Bitcoin, rather increase in the adoption of Bitcoin across the globe placed more load on the network and more in the mouth of miners than they could chew.

We should not say were greedy because it's not true since everything is always a matter of choice. If you think you are greed of what's been happening with your profit from bitcoin withdrawal converted to fiat, you can give some btc amounts to friend who in need of money so that you will be satisfied with what you felt unwell. Just to be fair with everything that transaction fees  has to be more accurate and no one losses it since we benefited much without the control from goverment.
oktana

Activity: 1610
Merit: 282

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2017, 03:21:03 AM

There is no greedy word in the business world, because the guidelines used are to generate maximum profits without harming anyone, competitive jobs will be fair if struggling and achieving abundant results in trading, bitcoin fluctuations that occur are also fair because it is done in the trading market, we It is necessary to estimate the ongoing price and our activities support bitcoin for long runs.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:37:09 AM

There is no greedy word in the business world, because the guidelines used are to generate maximum profits without harming anyone, competitive jobs will be fair if struggling and achieving abundant results in trading, bitcoin fluctuations that occur are also fair because it is done in the trading market, we It is necessary to estimate the ongoing price and our activities support bitcoin for long runs.
You're right, we're here to race for the better. Well, we all aim for something supreme, and if we are not greedy, then have you will be fed by others. Well, the fastest he won, I think it's like the law of the jungle.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:53:22 AM

You're right, we're here to race for the better. Well, we all aim for something supreme, and if we are not greedy, then have you will be fed by others. Well, the fastest he won, I think it's like the law of the jungle.
Greed is as old as man and it is not feasible to separate the two, because man is simply a greedy animal, only some are able to tame their greed while others can never seem to get enough of anything. With the case of Bitcoin, the miners  are the greedier ones here, because they deliberately allow the congestion of the network, so to push forward their selfish interests and make a case for higher fees.
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:56:58 AM

Depends where you are and what exchanges are you using and what means of deposit are your trying.

Some exchanges have no deposit fees at all, but maybe you are not lucky enough to have one of them in your country
Most of exchangers charge in buying btc through fiat. In my country, we don't pay fee for exchanging bitcoin to fiat. I hope all of exchangers do the same thing as what we have now.

krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:25:15 PM

Be a bitcoin enthusiast and importantly be an Indian citizen, 30% premium on all major exchanges, it means when Coinbase crossed $2300, it was $3000 equivalent of ₹ in India. Too much greed, let me correct robbing, nope looting. Coinbase and Xapo and most of other exchanges does not have buy/sell option for India. Other overseas exchanges are cashing it on now, pay by credit card, pay the FEMA (below the limit, it's free), cover the taxes, "Clean as a virgin's honeypot." These Indian exchanges are going to get under hammer soon.
SingAlong

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:31:52 PM

Greed is as old as man and it is not feasible to separate the two, because man is simply a greedy animal, only some are able to tame their greed while others can never seem to get enough of anything. With the case of Bitcoin, the miners  are the greedier ones here, because they deliberately allow the congestion of the network, so to push forward their selfish interests and make a case for higher fees.
This is true but right now as I see the solution regarding the congestion have made itself clear and it will come soon. We just hope that these miners would start to know that they should be fair since all we are, miners and users and developers, have common denominator that is Bitcoin who is very dear to us particularly it helps us financially. Of course we wouldn't want that to be one because of greediness and surely everyone would take a blow which really is bad that's why we all need to cooperate and maintain order to everyone by being fair so Bitcoin would not crumble and vanish.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 833

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:50:28 PM

Be a bitcoin enthusiast and importantly be an Indian citizen, 30% premium on all major exchanges, it means when Coinbase crossed $2300, it was $3000 equivalent of ₹ in India. Too much greed, let me correct robbing, nope looting. Coinbase and Xapo and most of other exchanges does not have buy/sell option for India. Other overseas exchanges are cashing it on now, pay by credit card, pay the FEMA (below the limit, it's free), cover the taxes, "Clean as a virgin's honeypot." These Indian exchanges are going to get under hammer soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, China started this practice right?

But yes, its too much greed for this kind of exchangers. Profits are for them for picking. Its just a matter of time when Indian Central bank will find this kind of activity and get hammer soon. But for now we can't do anything about it but to what they it unfolded in front of our eyes.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:24:05 PM

the more we better, the more greedy we will be. I have seen that there are many peoplpe want more and more money although they have a good amount of money before. Human is not easy to understand like you say. They love money and they want to rule everything
VadikZimnyayaRezina

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:58:54 PM

the more we better, the more greedy we will be. I have seen that there are many peoplpe want more and more money although they have a good amount of money before. Human is not easy to understand like you say. They love money and they want to rule everything

And what's wrong with that? I want money, too. I want to make my life a comfor and free. I do not like the fact that because of poverty I must eat not the best food and live in a small house. I'm not greedy, I care about my future

GXHPP

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 02:46:47 AM

it's not exorbitantly expensive but it's still high and I agree it's acceptable and better than fiat or PayPal's fees -in most cases with medium sized merchant transfers-. but it's still annoying particularly for something that was supposed to be small.
Anyway it's a BIG problem for anyone doing mini-tx's, which is one of the fields BTC is heavily advertised in.. and even if you collect hundreds of them together, you would still need to pay 2xxs/b
ScorpionKing

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 03:32:49 AM

I'm a big fan of bitcoins and the like, but the fees are really too much now, particularly with how fees are mobile. I would be more satisfied if the fees are static since nobody can cut in the line, but right now even if I was much earlier. I would have to see people with more fees passing by and getting confirmed if I use the old standards 0.0001 (and will probably expire before confirming).
franklin9

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:20:03 PM

BTC is supposed to be better than these, that's number one. so of course it's fine to be angry if we see something like a weakness in BTC, Also these fees are for example a wire transfer between banks to deposit BTC, Not inside the same network..
If you think about it, bitcoin is still cheaper than Payza, PayPal etc... but people here need something better, this is my opinion at least.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:29:37 PM

Yeah almost all of us are getting greedy in buying and stocking bitcoins at our wallet using our own fiat which exchange sites used to earn money from us who is buying,abusing the huge demand to make huge money

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:38:45 PM

There is nothing wrong in that. We humans are greedy and selfish by nature no matter how much someone tries to deny that. We want profit everywhere. Investing in bitcoin is sheer profit making investment. Why wouldn't I save a single penny out of it. There is a rage in people because of the high fees in bitcoin. This is because not everyone here buys 1 BTC. Here most of the people are just buying and seeling somewhere between 0.01-0.2 btc. So yes, for them this is the matter of rage.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 04:51:56 PM

Taking and making profit is one thing but the too high fees is daylight robbery. We all thought Bitcoin would have some transparency and help change people's lives, but miners and whales should stop being TOO greedy as this will put many newcomer off, so in the end they will lose out if the price of Bitcoin doesn't rise as it should.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀